"DBH: Ultimate Mission X" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TheGameTagerZ
Beyond Newbie

Re: "DBH: Ultimate Mission X" Official Discussion Thread

Post by TheGameTagerZ » Sat Jan 21, 2017 3:30 pm

alakazam^ wrote:
DragonBallLove wrote:Question:

Did DBHUM2 included all previous content from DBHUM1 (card wisely)?

If that's the case, and DBHUMX does the same, it would be perfect for it to be the definitive version to be translated to american markets
It did and Ultimate Mission X will include everything up to the last DBH set. The games also use your previous game's save sata to include the cards you already have.
TheGameTagerZ wrote:Is saying mistranslation a trend or something here?

But it is. A mission wasn't ordered, we travel with them. And "Kaioushins of the 10 Universes" doesn't make sense in context. While the text is cut off, the assumption should be "Universe 10".
Hmm fair here then.

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:22 am

Okay I'm going to ask the ultimate question. Will there be character customization? And or Female Arcosians? Those two things are what could potentially interest me about this game

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Mon Jan 23, 2017 3:04 am

What's an Arcosian?

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:56 am

alakazam^ wrote:What's an Arcosian?
A made-up race name from FUNimation's original 1996-1998 dub of Dragon Ball Z used in a a filler flashback regarding creatures the Saiyans worked with which fans continue to misinterpret as being the name for Freeza's race.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

DragonBallLove
Beyond Newbie

Post by DragonBallLove » Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:29 am

Although I'd never use "arcosian" to name Freezer's Species, I think is more "headcanoning" than "misinterpreting". Is true the flashback hooded characters has never been officialy stated to be linked to the Freezer's Species, but very well they could be the same species. The hood Froze use in his DBH opening/trailer/video somewhat resembles the ones of the flashback guys.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:32 am

I'd normally agree in other circumstances, but given how many younger fans ever actually experienced that dub in the first place and solely know the word "Arcosian" from poorly-written sources like the DB Wikia, I'd wager that they're misinterpreting rather than consciously using it while fully understanding its origin.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

simtek34
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by simtek34 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:37 am

Even the Dragon Ball Wiki calls them "Frieza" (Not Freeza)'s Race.
"Arcosians" are just people with hoods from the FUNi dub.

P.S. Mike, will you sticky this thread?

Newbie — 06/27/2016
Not-So-Newbie — ???
Beyond Newbie — ???
Beyond-The-Beyond-Newbie — 12/20/2016
Regular — 02/05/2017
OMG CRAZY REG — 06/14/2017

Xbox Live: PlushGerm24109
Everywhere else: simtek34

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:53 am

We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

dualist
Regular

Post by dualist » Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:19 pm

Is there any shot in hell that this get localized? We are in the midst of a major Dragonball revival and I've been wanting to try DBH out for a while now. I was going to get a JP 3DS for Fusions beefore the international release was announced, so I want to show the same restraint and patience for this. But considering the previous 2 were never localized, what do you all think the chances are?
Playing Xenovoerse on PS4
PSN Tag: Dualist721

Wilderness
Beyond Newbie

Post by Wilderness » Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:54 am

dualist wrote:Is there any shot in hell that this get localized? We are in the midst of a major Dragonball revival and I've been wanting to try DBH out for a while now. I was going to get a JP 3DS for Fusions beefore the international release was announced, so I want to show the same restraint and patience for this. But considering the previous 2 were never localized, what do you all think the chances are?
Very unlikely. As you said, UM1/2 were never localized, and are based off an arcade game exclusively in Japan. I imported a 3DS just for UM1/2 and loved the games - can get VERY frustration (moments when you KNOW you got the timing right for a full bar but it mugs you off) but most DBZ games follow that rule. After trying the arcade version on my trip to Japan in November, I realized it's the same there. I'm usually good at reflex games!

The only glimmer of hope I got of UM2 being localized was that the title started translating to English as 'last game played' on StreetPass...
"I'm not a bad guy, I am a good guy, who just... hits women with his car."

dualist
Regular

Post by dualist » Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:33 pm

Wilderness wrote:
dualist wrote:Is there any shot in hell that this get localized? We are in the midst of a major Dragonball revival and I've been wanting to try DBH out for a while now. I was going to get a JP 3DS for Fusions beefore the international release was announced, so I want to show the same restraint and patience for this. But considering the previous 2 were never localized, what do you all think the chances are?
Very unlikely. As you said, UM1/2 were never localized, and are based off an arcade game exclusively in Japan. I imported a 3DS just for UM1/2 and loved the games - can get VERY frustration (moments when you KNOW you got the timing right for a full bar but it mugs you off) but most DBZ games follow that rule. After trying the arcade version on my trip to Japan in November, I realized it's the same there. I'm usually good at reflex games!

The only glimmer of hope I got of UM2 being localized was that the title started translating to English as 'last game played' on StreetPass...
'
Thanks for the reply, bro. So I guess its either importing or using a localization tool for my 3ds. Although I don't want to play around with the latter out of fear of messing up my 3DS. Decisions, decisions.

Oh, how was it playing without being able to read the dialogue for the stories or anything? Or is it pretty straightforward?

Wilderness
Beyond Newbie

Post by Wilderness » Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:02 pm

Well, from what I gathered playing UM2, it wasn't particularly story-heavy. There were sometimes dialogue sections before battle started and text before going into it, but if you don't understand Japanese (I don't) then you'll be missing the story, for sure.

However, that said, gameplay is still really fun. Using the characters, especially What-If characters, and in any combination you want felt really refreshing.

Would I say this game alone is worth getting an entire Japanese unit just to play? Absolutely not. But there are other Japanese only titles you may enjoy, plus you get the option of getting Pokemon games a few days or hours earlier than the rest of the world when they release! :lol:
"I'm not a bad guy, I am a good guy, who just... hits women with his car."

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:33 pm

For some unknown reason, in this part Zamasu poses the same way characters pose when they are using Kaioshin of Time's ability "Freeze". The thing is, that ability was available only for the good guys, so... What the hell!? :eh:

~ Day of the Machines ~

RoarkVegeta
Patreon Supporter

Post by RoarkVegeta » Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:42 pm

Got in my pre-order for the First Print Edition, so hopefully between now and late April I can find a cheap used Japanese 3DS!

kizuki
Beyond Newbie

Post by kizuki » Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:43 pm

Wilderness wrote:

I remember speaking with you on the forum a year or so ago when I imported my own J-3DS and was playing UM2! Have enjoyed it ever since! Lol.

Even though I have a J-3DS and can (and will) more than likely get this, I am holding out hope for some sort of localization. UM1 and 2 came out in 2013 and 2014, timeline-wise UM2 came out within a few days of the original screening of BoG in the US. So, we're talking not too much Dragon Ball love here in the states, while BoG was already a thing in 2013 in Japan. Even though it was only a few years ago, in my opinion, Dragon Ball was going through a dry spell in the US before we were introduced officially to our new favorites, Beerus and Whis.

From there, the market definitely boomed once more in my opinion. Second movie, we got pretty obscure games like Extreme Butoden and Fusions (I say obscure because usually we'll get straight fighters), and even a legal simulcast for Super. Can't forget about Dokkan Battle.

I think there's some renewed love here and hopefully they'll capitalize off of it. Also, the name being "UM X" and not "UM 3" also gives me some hope.

Really, the only thing I think that holds this game back from being localized is all the card art. Not sure how difficult and/or how long it would take to translate all that over.

My fingers will be crossed the whole year regardless.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:46 pm

Some new cards for this game.

~ Day of the Machines ~

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Sun Feb 19, 2017 4:16 am

Those are the pre-order cards, not sure if it was already said.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:18 am

First trailer.

Anxious to see the full anime intro.

~ Day of the Machines ~

dualist
Regular

Post by dualist » Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:46 am

kizuki wrote:
Wilderness wrote:

I remember speaking with you on the forum a year or so ago when I imported my own J-3DS and was playing UM2! Have enjoyed it ever since! Lol.

Even though I have a J-3DS and can (and will) more than likely get this, I am holding out hope for some sort of localization. UM1 and 2 came out in 2013 and 2014, timeline-wise UM2 came out within a few days of the original screening of BoG in the US. So, we're talking not too much Dragon Ball love here in the states, while BoG was already a thing in 2013 in Japan. Even though it was only a few years ago, in my opinion, Dragon Ball was going through a dry spell in the US before we were introduced officially to our new favorites, Beerus and Whis.

From there, the market definitely boomed once more in my opinion. Second movie, we got pretty obscure games like Extreme Butoden and Fusions (I say obscure because usually we'll get straight fighters), and even a legal simulcast for Super. Can't forget about Dokkan Battle.

I think there's some renewed love here and hopefully they'll capitalize off of it. Also, the name being "UM X" and not "UM 3" also gives me some hope.

Really, the only thing I think that holds this game back from being localized is all the card art. Not sure how difficult and/or how long it would take to translate all that over.

My fingers will be crossed the whole year regardless.
I just saw a JP 3DS for 115 on Amazon. I'm really debating with myself on whether or not I should grab it. I haven't played the previous games but also hold out hope that with the overwhelming resurgence of Dragonball, that this really might have a shot. I may just wait until a couple months after release to see if there is any hint at localization before buying another 3DS. Also, do you need to get cards to play the 3DS version, or is that just for the arcade?

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:35 pm

Grimlock wrote:First trailer.

Anxious to see the full anime intro.
Interesting...

The story mode for this game is that something is disturbing the Dragon Ball Heroes world and we need to stop it because it's also affecting the real world. You'll need to cross "Spacetime Doors" to get to the bottom of all this. By battling, you can gather other warriors for your party.

The game will have an "Ultimate Creation Mode" that lets you create your own mission. You'll be able to choose your team, actions during battle, requirements, etc.
dualist wrote:Also, do you need to get cards to play the 3DS version, or is that just for the arcade?
Just for the arcade. This game has virtual cards.