"DBH: Ultimate Mission X" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Cypher
Beyond Newbie

Re: "DBH: Ultimate Mission X" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Cypher » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:24 pm

Nice; you should make sure to get hold of some rare Dragon Ball stuff while you're there! :lol:

kamesenin888

Post by kamesenin888 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:28 pm

heya everyone, I am doing the translation of the 3ds game, just saying hi and if anyone has technical knowledge on how to work 3ds translations, if he/she wants to join is welcome to the team

Majin Demigra
Beyond Newbie

Post by Majin Demigra » Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:14 am

kamesenin888 wrote:heya everyone, I am doing the translation of the 3ds game, just saying hi and if anyone has technical knowledge on how to work 3ds translations, if he/she wants to join is welcome to the team
Thanks!

Majin Demigra
Beyond Newbie

Post by Majin Demigra » Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:49 pm

kamesenin888 wrote:heya everyone, I am doing the translation of the 3ds game, just saying hi and if anyone has technical knowledge on how to work 3ds translations, if he/she wants to join is welcome to the team
Where can we read the translations?

Majin Demigra
Beyond Newbie

Post by Majin Demigra » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:55 pm

Well the part of the story that talks about Mechikabura was interesting

SSJmole
Advanced Regular

Post by SSJmole » Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:38 pm

I wish this was on switch

Roomdriver

Post by Roomdriver » Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:32 pm

Hello everybody and happy New Year!

I’ve been reading the thread and I found the translations of the Story Mode very useful.
I just get the game and have a lot of questions! So thank you in advance!!
I already played UM 1 and 2 so I know how to play the game but after a couple of Time Rifts, the game becomes huge! A lot of characters fly around the map and Time Machine missions were available, so one question comes to my mind:
Where shall I begin? Any advise please! Get some cards first? Or maybe finish the Story Mode?

I know the thread is dead since July…so maybe my post is out of interest. Anyway I would love to share my opinions and gameplay with all of you.

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cipher » Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:45 am

Roomdriver wrote:Hello everybody and happy New Year!

I’ve been reading the thread and I found the translations of the Story Mode very useful.
I already played UM 1 and 2 so I know how to play the game but after a couple of Time Rifts, the game becomes huge! A lot of characters fly around the map and Time Machine missions were available, so one question comes to my mind:
Where shall I begin? Any advise please! Get some cards first? Or maybe finish the Story Mode?

I know the thread is dead since July…so maybe my post is out of interest. Anyway I would love to share my opinions and gameplay with all of you.
I wound up ignoring story mode almost entirely until I'd chipped away at quite a few of the game's arcade campaigns, which I found a lot more enjoyable (as they're genuinely challenging while you can steamroll story mode with basically anything).

In retrospect, what I wish I'd done was go through Story Mode without expansive carry-over from arcade mode, since it would have maintained at least some challenge. And then simultaneously restricted myself to only cards that were out at the time when playing through Arcade Mode--which is what I recommend everyone do and what I'll do if and when I play World Mission.

Then again, if you transfer your cards from UM2 over, you'll be set up handily for Story Mode even without touching Arcade Mode, and I guess there's really no way around that. Story Mode is pretty sleepy no matter how you handle it--just do what you can to let Arcade Mode keep up the kind of challenge its missions were designed to provide.

Anyway, with a good chunk of the arcade campaigns cleared and only the last fifth or so of Story Mode remaining, I can say I was truly pleasantly surprised by UMX. Heroes' gameplay can wear thin, but especially if you're going after Ultra Clears and Legend Clears, remains a fun little, occasionally aggravating, strategy game in on-and-off stretches.

Roomdriver

Post by Roomdriver » Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:18 pm

Cipher wrote:
Roomdriver wrote:Hello everybody and happy New Year!

I wound up ignoring story mode almost entirely until I'd chipped away at quite a few of the game's arcade campaigns, which I found a lot more enjoyable (as they're genuinely challenging while you can steamroll story mode with basically anything).

In retrospect, what I wish I'd done was go through Story Mode without expansive carry-over from arcade mode, since it would have maintained at least some challenge. And then simultaneously restricted myself to only cards that were out at the time when playing through Arcade Mode--which is what I recommend everyone do and what I'll do if and when I play World Mission.

Then again, if you transfer your cards from UM2 over, you'll be set up handily for Story Mode even without touching Arcade Mode, and I guess there's really no way around that. Story Mode is pretty sleepy no matter how you handle it--just do what you can to let Arcade Mode keep up the kind of challenge its missions were designed to provide.

Anyway, with a good chunk of the arcade campaigns cleared and only the last fifth or so of Story Mode remaining, I can say I was truly pleasantly surprised by UMX. Heroes' gameplay can wear thin, but especially if you're going after Ultra Clears and Legend Clears, remains a fun little, occasionally aggravating, strategy game in on-and-off stretches.
By now, I find story mode quite easy, as you said if you go for ultra clear it can be something (sorry I know nothing about Legendary Clear). I try to use only cards granted exclusively in actual time rifts just not to overpower, the problem I found is if you go for ultra clear, you need to use all the characters available in the time rift, and I finally end building an odd team (Hero avatar, saibaman, goku gt, raditz)…heroes and villains mixed…really? Is not the way I want to beat the game…so yes I restart the game and get my save data from UM2. Now I am playing full heroes or full villains cards, visually, more fun!

I found restrictions in the characters you use in story mode, so that helps not to overpower. If I understand…in story mode you can only use characters once they are unlocked in time rifts. Later you can go back to previous stages and play them with the new stuff, Fun! Yes…I am playing again and again the same time rifts trying different teams! I must say I am having really fun with story mode, due card customization! That gives a strategic point. I love it!

So, arcade mode is in stand by...Meanwhle I just unlocked the creation mode! Did you try it?

Jord
Advanced Regular

Post by Jord » Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:12 am

I've been picking up the game again and it's still pretty fun. One question though: where can you spend Zeni?
My Zeni is at it's max and I would think you can spend it somewhere in the game hub but I can't find it.

Roomdriver

Post by Roomdriver » Fri May 03, 2019 6:30 am

Jord wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:12 am I've been picking up the game again and it's still pretty fun. One question though: where can you spend Zeni?
My Zeni is at it's max and I would think you can spend it somewhere in the game hub but I can't find it.
Hi Jord! I think in the story mode´s map, there are a lot of shops where you can get different stuff as items to equip your cards!