"DBH: Ultimate Mission X" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Re: "DBH: Ultimate Mission X" Official Discussion Thread

Post by VegettoEX » Tue May 02, 2017 9:18 am

On the whole, yeah, the game runs better. It's a significant improvement. It's clearly targeting 60fps, but any time there's massive movement or more than one character, it still dips. It's a CONSISTENT dip this time, though, and it's dipping to a much higher framerate than either of the previous two games (that is to say, higher than single-digits). When there's absolute insanity on-screen (a couple of the teamup super attacks, some of the special moves with lots of glowing lights and stuff), there are also still pretty heavy, noticeable drops.

But yeah. Massive improvement to how the game runs.

It's still not very fun, though.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

RoarkVegeta
Patreon Supporter

Post by RoarkVegeta » Tue May 02, 2017 11:24 am

VegettoEX wrote:On the whole, yeah, the game runs better. It's a significant improvement. It's clearly targeting 60fps, but any time there's massive movement or more than one character, it still dips. It's a CONSISTENT dip this time, though, and it's dipping to a much higher framerate than either of the previous two games (that is to say, higher than single-digits). When there's absolute insanity on-screen (a couple of the teamup super attacks, some of the special moves with lots of glowing lights and stuff), there are also still pretty heavy, noticeable drops.

I've pretty much had the same thoughts after playing. Mike, where do you think Heroes needs to go other than arcades? It's simply too much to run as a mobile game, and it just doesn't have the style to be a console game. Sounds like these games sell pretty well (wasn't it the first Ultimate Mission that kept popping up in the best selling list week after week?), so it doesn't seem likely that they would change anything. It's just so disappointing, because Heroes is something I would love to get into or know more about, but these games have just been so underwhelming.

EDIT: I'm sure you might talk about something similar when you review the game on the podcast, but it's been something on my mind while struggling through the game. :)

kizuki
Beyond Newbie

Post by kizuki » Tue May 02, 2017 8:23 pm

VegettoEX wrote:On the whole, yeah, the game runs better. It's a significant improvement. It's clearly targeting 60fps, but any time there's massive movement or more than one character, it still dips. It's a CONSISTENT dip this time, though, and it's dipping to a much higher framerate than either of the previous two games (that is to say, higher than single-digits). When there's absolute insanity on-screen (a couple of the teamup super attacks, some of the special moves with lots of glowing lights and stuff), there are also still pretty heavy, noticeable drops.

I guess I haven't run into any of that insanity on my screen yet to really notice much. There's some sort of attack that my main can do, calling on all the Demons from a portal and whatnot that is pretty graphics intensive and I just didn't notice, tbh. But to your point, any time the frames are dropping it's definitely at a higher rate which I guess is why it's hard to notice, for me anyway. When compared to UM and UM 2 though I'm liking what I'm seeing, even the picture itself is much more clear, imo.

I'll debate you on the fun part, though. :lol:

I played the HELL out of UM2. I just kinda love the series, honestly can't explain it. I'm more of a classic J-RPG fan myself, so games like this certainly catch my attention more than the XV series and all the other fighting games. Fusions and Heroes are just really enjoyable for me, hope we see more like them in the future.

... Now to get DBO back.

Cypher
Beyond Newbie

Post by Cypher » Sat May 20, 2017 1:33 pm

Agree with Kizuki that I haven't seen a great deal of slowdown in the game- however occasional weirdness in beam effects during Arcade mode can appear (about 3% of the time); none of the crashes I've read about (e.g. at Gamefaqs) though.

Like EX says, it's a marked improvement over the previous games (as one would reasonably hope to be the case), the story mode is sufficiently interesting to make the sometimes-protracted 'levels'/ 'zones'/ 'areas' tolerable, and naturally there are most of the new characters one would wish to encounter, e.g. Super Saiyan Blue Goku w/ Kaiouken and so forth. Even when you finish the story mode proper, some special zones appear (I've done the first, which [spoiler]has some great interaction with Vegeta, Nappa and Raditz- something not seen in the manga or anime, naturally- and Bardock's squad/ Turles/ etc[/spoiler]) which are nice, the new additions to Arcade mode are cool, the 'Create-a-Mission' feature is interesting enough (haven't really spent much time on it though- just finished the story yesterday). I'd say a solid 8.5 (possibly 9)/ 10, within the confines of what could be hoped for from a game of this sort and based on its two preceding iterations.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Sun May 21, 2017 4:15 am

Cypher, you understand the story? If you could atleast summarize some interesting tidbits sometime, that would be great!

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Sun May 21, 2017 5:52 am

V-Jump says the first update for UMX will be the Tenkaichi Budoukai. It will come in the last days of May.

Cypher
Beyond Newbie

Post by Cypher » Sun May 21, 2017 9:34 am

Xeogran wrote:Cypher, you understand the story? If you could atleast summarize some interesting tidbits sometime, that would be great!
Sure, I'll have a look later today to refresh my memory and post a couple of my favourite bits, plus I guess it can't hurt to give an overview of the whole story for anyone interested (behind spoiler tags, of course). Just a few points off the top of my head, though:

The bad guys:
[spoiler]The main (or at least final) 'bad' guy is Shamel/ Chamel (which I assume/ think I read here somewhere comes from 'Bechamel', i.e. the sauce- Demigra's other companions are Putine and Gravy, so it kind of fits); he's their race's create-a-character, I believe (I retained my female Saiyan from the previous two games so haven't really looked at the other CACs too in-depth). He's initially allied with Demigra, but later in the game finds his method of magically corrupting fighters to do his dirty work for him to be distasteful and rebels. There's a nice revenge plot involving Dabura, who appears in 'Xeno' form seeking to avenge Towa (and Mira) after they're beaten by the player. Of course Dabura also appears in DBZ form, I think just as another underling.[/spoiler]

Off the top of my head, another favourite bit of mine was the part where [spoiler]Goten (as a Time Patroller) encounters Bardock's squad; Bardock then turns up under the control of the fruit of the Tree of Might, given to him by Turles. Naturally, Bardock isn't that easily controlled, so when Toma and the others tell him to snap out of it he does pretty easily. Turles can't believe that he, despite eating so much of the fruit, could be defeated by just some 'normal' Saiyans.[/spoiler] It's mainly that the character interactions are nice and believable; regarding that end-of-story-mode Saiyan mission I mentioned previously, it's just nice to see [spoiler]Raditz interacting with Vegeta and Nappa (and not being by any means as obsequious as his place in the pecking order would seem to necessitate) and the other Saiyans; Nappa and Raditz razzing Bardock's team about being 'low-class warriors' (with Raditz nonetheless being kind-of respectful given they're his father's comrades- although probably mostly because Bardock would kick his ass) and their (sarcastic) response that it's such a great honour to face a mighty Elite[/spoiler] amused me.

Another nice character touch, for me, was that [spoiler]Vegeta (in the scenario above, I believe he's actually 'Xeno' Vegeta, allied with the Time Patrol, pretending to be Saiyan-era Vegeta, if you get what I mean, visiting a Saiyan-conquered planet with the player character) makes a comment to the effect of 'it was a chore to deal with those two again' (meaning Nappa and Raditz) and Trunks (Time Patrol; he's been in contact through on-screen messages throughout the mission- and the whole game) comments to himself that Vegeta had actually looked rather happy... but Trunks decides he won't mention that to him.[/spoiler] It's just little points like that that appealed to me as I played through the game; I don't know if Toriyama gave any input at all, but certainly it's been lovingly crafted, I'd say.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Sun May 21, 2017 12:15 pm

Ahh, thank you!
It's great to see that the character interaction seems to be fun.

[spoiler]Chamel is indeed the Demon Race's CaC, but he is unplayable in UMX so far. I'm glad they made him the final boss though, his character is charming. Do you know what was his conversation with Goku about, after the ending?[/spoiler]

Cypher
Beyond Newbie

Post by Cypher » Sun May 21, 2017 1:31 pm

Xeogran wrote:Ahh, thank you!

[spoiler]Chamel is indeed the Demon Race's CaC, but he is unplayable in UMX so far. I'm glad they made him the final boss though, his character is charming. Do you know what was his conversation with Goku about, after the ending?[/spoiler]
I definitely enjoyed a lot of the interaction; it reminded me of the 'what-ifs' like Raditz vs Bardock in one of the past console games.

I took a look at the final story segment after the last fight, and here's a translation:

[spoiler]Goku: Yo! Is your body OK?
Chamel: Son Goku... you've come... to finish me off, huh...
Goku: No way! Like I thought, you're not a bad guy!
Chamel: What kind of nonsense... stop saying such baseless things...!
Goku: It's not baseless! You... you've never used the Dark Energy at all, right?
Chamel: ...
Goku: Really, it's because you wanted to become stronger that you were misled into accepting the Energy, wasn't it...
Chamel: That kind of thing is the way of evil... I want to become stronger through my own power alone... that's all! Son Goku... How in the world did you all come to possess that much power? That otherworlder... how did they grow to that extent (in skill/ power)?
Goku: ... You fought so much in order to become stronger... but they fought so as not to lose something (/things) important to them. Just in terms of 'strength', it's you that's stronger! But... they had something aside from that... that's the difference.
Chamel: I see... That is their... and your... power's real nature...
... I really don't understand.
Goku: H-huh!? ... hahaha! I'm not any good at explaining things like that... But! You too will definitely get stronger than you are now! Next time, without doing things the wrong way... will you train together with me?
Chamel: ... Cheh! I refuse...!!
Goku: H... huh!? You've got a bad attitude (/you're in a bad mood)!
Chamel: ... First I too must find power outside of 'strength', so I shall begin doing so... Naturally, without doing things the wrong way...
Goku: ... Is that so...! Well... we'll both grow stronger, and let's fight again!
Chamel: Cheh... Next time I'll be the victor... prepare yourself. Son Goku...! And... fighter from another world... you too, someday... (flies off)
Goku: ... Well, alright then! That means everything's 'totally concluded'... right! Hahaha!![/spoiler]

Just let me know if I can have a look at anything else; I'm just playing Arcade mode to try and unlock as many cards as possible at the moment anyway (why I can't get the Goku Black Rose card from GDM 10 I just don't know ; _ ; )

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Sun May 21, 2017 1:42 pm

Cypher wrote:
Xeogran wrote:Ahh, thank you!

I definitely enjoyed a lot of the interaction; it reminded me of the 'what-ifs' like Raditz vs Bardock in one of the past console games.

I took a look at the final story segment after the last fight, and here's a translation:

[spoiler]Goku: Yo! Is your body OK?
Chamel: Son Goku... you've come... to finish me off, huh...
Goku: No way! Like I thought, you're not a bad guy!
Chamel: What kind of nonsense... stop saying such baseless things...!
Goku: It's not baseless! You... you've never used the Dark Energy at all, right?
Chamel: ...
Goku: Really, it's because you wanted to become stronger that you were misled into accepting the Energy, wasn't it...
Chamel: That kind of thing is the way of evil... I want to become stronger through my own power alone... that's all! Son Goku... How in the world did you all come to possess that much power? That otherworlder... how did they grow to that extent (in skill/ power)?
Goku: ... You fought so much in order to become stronger... but they fought so as not to lose something (/things) important to them. Just in terms of 'strength', it's you that's stronger! But... they had something aside from that... that's the difference.
Chamel: I see... That is their... and your... power's real nature...
... I really don't understand.
Goku: H-huh!? ... hahaha! I'm not any good at explaining things like that... But! You too will definitely get stronger than you are now! Next time, without doing things the wrong way... will you train together with me?
Chamel: ... Cheh! I refuse...!!
Goku: H... huh!? You've got a bad attitude (/you're in a bad mood)!
Chamel: ... First I too must find power outside of 'strength', so I shall begin doing so... Naturally, without doing things the wrong way...
Goku: ... Is that so...! Well... we'll both grow stronger, and let's fight again!
Chamel: Cheh... Next time I'll be the victor... prepare yourself. Son Goku...! And... fighter from another world... you too, someday... (flies off)
Goku: ... Well, alright then! That means everything's 'totally concluded'... right! Hahaha!![/spoiler]

Just let me know if I can have a look at anything else; I'm just playing Arcade mode to try and unlock as many cards as possible at the moment anyway (why I can't get the Goku Black Rose card from GDM 10 I just don't know ; _ ; )
Thank you for taking the time to reveal the story a bit, Cypher! But, were there any other interesting tidbits in the game's story you came across?

Cypher
Beyond Newbie

Post by Cypher » Sun May 21, 2017 3:08 pm

My pleasure; I think what might be worthwhile would be for me to just skip back through the story sections and make a few notes of things that are out of the ordinary/ character interactions etc, and just put them in one post here, since a few people seem interested in the game.

One thing that suddenly occurs to me is [spoiler]that Gohan gets a fair bit of love from the game team; for example, they're all facing off against powered-up versions of Bojack and others, and the good guys are looking a little worse for wear after a series of battles, and all of a sudden Gohan gets annoyed and powers up, with the next story section showing he kicked Bojack's ass and everyone praising his power, with the same kudos being given later on also... I just wondered if this presaged the potential development of Gohan as a fighter that we've seen in Super, with some hope that he'll acquit himself well in the upcoming tournament). The power levels are kept (probably intentionally) vague within the story sections, interestingly; one can probably more or less place Xeno Goku, Gohan, Vegeta, Trunks, Goten and the others based on who they face off against (Goten also gets a nice little 'oh yeah, actually I'm super strong and this guy threatening me is about to get massacred' spotlight late in the game), but none of them save Trunks- probably because he's been a playable character in this form for longer- have a Super Saiyan transformation (if I recall correctly).[/spoiler]

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Mon May 22, 2017 1:35 am

Huh. So UMX has it's own little original story, too? It's nice to learn a little bit about it. We never had that luxury for UM2. The thread was never very active and none of us that were curious ever got answers to our questions. Like all who "Shiru" is (bottom right)...

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Wilderness
Beyond Newbie

Post by Wilderness » Mon May 22, 2017 5:58 am

This game runs ridiculously better than UM1/2. It feels so much smoother for the most part - still a handful of frame drops but overall really fluent.

I got some cool screenshots if anyone is interested?
"I'm not a bad guy, I am a good guy, who just... hits women with his car."

Cypher
Beyond Newbie

Post by Cypher » Mon May 22, 2017 8:43 am

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:Huh. So UMX has it's own little original story, too? It's nice to learn a little bit about it. We never had that luxury for UM2. The thread was never very active and none of us that were curious ever got answers to our questions. Like all who "Shiru" is (bottom right)...

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
I definitely enjoyed the fact that there wasn't too much of a focus on 'progress through the same old Dragon Ball/ Z/ GT storyline' (although the Arcade Mode naturally contains all the requisite worlds/ missions if one wished to play through in that way).

To be honest, I believe based on the context there that 'Shiru' is a misreading for 'Tsuru' (as everyone probably already knows, katakana 'shi' and 'tsu' can be confused because they're the same three strokes but at different angles); the avatar guy's speech bubble (although the first part is illegible, save that he's 'something or other No. 1' [n.b. this 'number' is 'gou', the same as in the Artificial Humans' names, like Juuhachigou- No. 18]) has him saying 'ツルヤマンっす!' or 'I'm Tsuruyaman!', then 'I think my deck's pretty strong!' So to me he seems to just be one of the random CACs that appear, perhaps in this case at a late stage in the game, and therefore holding a strong deck. I'm not 100%, but I'm pretty sure that's the case here.

EDIT: I just had a look at UM2, and in the North City encountered a Majin called 'Kaihatsu Leader Hiradzukki'; I can just make out in that image with 'Shiru' that the kanji are the same, 'kaihatsu' meaning 'development', as mentioned on the page. Quite what this indicates I don't know, but I assume given the header 'Avatar Development' that they're stronger, or just have names so count as 'characters'... not sure.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Mon May 22, 2017 11:58 am

Wilderness wrote:I got some cool screenshots if anyone is interested?
I'd like Mira and Towa from the animated scenes screenshots, as well as Bardock and Time Breaker Bardock, if you don't mind. :)
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Fri May 26, 2017 2:04 am

Cypher wrote:To be honest, I believe based on the context there that 'Shiru' is a misreading for 'Tsuru' (as everyone probably already knows, katakana 'shi' and 'tsu' can be confused because they're the same three strokes but at different angles); the avatar guy's speech bubble (although the first part is illegible, save that he's 'something or other No. 1' [n.b. this 'number' is 'gou', the same as in the Artificial Humans' names, like Juuhachigou- No. 18]) has him saying 'ツルヤマンっす!' or 'I'm Tsuruyaman!', then 'I think my deck's pretty strong!' So to me he seems to just be one of the random CACs that appear, perhaps in this case at a late stage in the game, and therefore holding a strong deck. I'm not 100%, but I'm pretty sure that's the case here.

EDIT: I just had a look at UM2, and in the North City encountered a Majin called 'Kaihatsu Leader Hiradzukki'; I can just make out in that image with 'Shiru' that the kanji are the same, 'kaihatsu' meaning 'development', as mentioned on the page. Quite what this indicates I don't know, but I assume given the header 'Avatar Development' that they're stronger, or just have names so count as 'characters'... not sure.
Yep, he's "Kaihatsuin 1 gou" or "Development Staff #1". I'd guess they are avatars of the people that made the game but haven't played it yet so can't say for sure (we could always check the credits to see if there are any Tsuruya or Hirazuki there, though).

Majin Demigra
Beyond Newbie

Post by Majin Demigra » Fri May 26, 2017 9:55 am

Anyone know what's happening in these parts of the story?

https://youtu.be/Yu8B196yPT8

https://youtu.be/d-RIc1hUV6A

https://youtu.be/kqQGa4IxHlU

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Tue May 30, 2017 4:50 am

https://youtu.be/Yu8B196yPT8

[spoiler]Demigra: It can't be... It can' be...! Itcan'tbeItcan'tbeItcan'tbeItcan'tbeItcan'tbe!!! Me... who absorbed energy raised to its maximum... Me!! Chalenged by a mere Saiyajin monkey... and a child from another dimension...!!
Chamel: As I thought... not enough... strength...!!
Time Kaioushin: It's over! Demigra!! Get ready...
Demigra: "Get ready"? You mean getting ready to be sealed again by you? I'd rather choose death over being sealed by you again!! But! I'm not going to be the only one!!
Trunks: Wha...? What's he...?
Time Kaioushin: Giving energy to Chamel? You... how could you!!!
Demigra: I've poured all the energy from this "Door" and all the magical power I have into Chamel!!! The world protected by the Time Kaioushin and the other world, where you live... He'll wander through both worlds and destroy everything! It's the birth of the worst warrior of destruction!! Now! Destroy everything! There's no longer a need for a rotten world like this!!
Chamel: No! How many times do I have to say...
Demigra: What?
Chamel: That... m-my goal... is different... from yours!!!
Demigra: It... it can't be! He was struck by my magic and yet he kept his sense of self!!!
Goku: W... wait!!! That ki is dangerous...!! If we don't stop him...!!
Trunks: What is this rumbling... could it be...!!!
Time Kaioushin: The world can't bear the energy released by this "Door"...!!
Trunks: But... Chamel, who has escaped...! Even if we left him alone the world will crumble...!
Goku: Leave that to me and this one!!! We'll follow him with the Instant Transmission!!! The rest of you, try your best with the Time Kaioushin-sama to seal this "Door"!!
Time Kaioushin: Yes...! We count on you two!! Save that kid... and definitely stop the collapse of both worlds!!
Goku: OK...! I found his ki!! Let's go! Grab me!!

----------

Goku: We arrived...!? ... What weird place...!! There's no time to be so carefree... he's up ahead! The Time Kaioushin-sama and the others are giving their best... We can't lose also...! Let's go! We'll stop him some way or another!!

----------

Goku: We followed you!! We won't let you go further!!
Chamel: I've been waiting you...! Son Goku... and warrior from another world...!! In this place no one will be able to get in the way... We can settle this once and for all...!!
Goku: Are you... really fine with that?
Chamel: What difference would it make to say what I want? In any case, if you don't defeat me the world will end. There's no other option but fight!! Now, I'll deny your accumulated "strength" using the "strength" I believe in...!
Goku: I got it...! By going so far you've shown you too have willpower...!! But we won't hold back...!! We'll defeat you and save the world!!
Trunks: Can you two hear me? Right now, the Time Kaioushin-sama his tying this collapsing world up with all her strength!! But... it doesn't seem it will hold that long... Quickly, defeat Chamel...!!
Goku: Yes! We know!! With Demigra, all battles were troublesome... Magic, brainwashing and such... But this one is the real deal! We just need to show who is the strongest...!!! I actually get a lot more excited this way!!! Now... Let's go at him!!!

----------

Chamel: You...win...!!!
Goku: Alright! We won!!
Trunks: The collapse of the world is dwindling down...! Yes! We did it!
Time Kaioushin: Are you two alright?
Goku: Yes! Somehow...! Shamel sure was an awesome guy...! Next time, I want to battle him in our purest state, without magic or history...!

----------

Goku: Yo! Everyone looks fine!!
Goten: Fa... Father!! Thank God! You won!!
Gohan: It's over... everything...
Vegeeta: Way to get the good part... you piss me off...
Trunks: Oh, Father...!
Goku: Sorry, sorry! It was a thing of the moment...
Time Kaioushin: Great job, you two!!
Trunks: Now, all disturbances happening in this world have been taken care off.
Time Kaioushin: Yes... but the aftermath of these effects will continue for a little while longer... We'll be surveiling this aftermath... and prevent another appearance by Towa and Demigra!! We'll continue being busy! Everyone, prepare yourselves!!
Goku: Yes! Leave it to me!!
Vegeeta: Next time I'll settle everything... There might not be time for Kakarrot to do anything...
Goten: I... I want to rest a little while... Is it ok if I get paid?
Gohan: Indeed... I want to go see Viidel-san and mother as well...
Trunks: That's right... everyone wants to get as good as new for the time being... And you... you want to return to your world, which you saved...
Time Kaioushin: Originally, you're not a human from this world... and yet, you fought this much... I can't thank you enough... Thanks for everything!!
Vegeeta: You did a lot for us... Keep doing well in your world!
Gohan: The next time you come over, I'd like to hear stories from your world.
Goten: Good idea! About cool stores and delicious restaurants and such!!
Goku: Food is good too... But I'm wondering if there are strong guys there! Is everyone strong like you in that world?
Trunks: Oh, Goku-san, you only talk about that... We are truely grateful to you!! If it's ok, come visit from now on...! We'll be always waiting for you... it's a promise!!
Time Kaioushin: Well then, let's clean up this mess!!
Goten: Right now? L... let's rest a bit...
Time Kaioushin: What are you talking about? There's lots of work to be done, not just because of this incident.
Trunks: There's nothing we can do... So, let's return to the "Nest of Time"...

Goku: Yo! Is your body fine?
Chamel: Son Goku... did you come to finish me off?
Goku: I won't do that!! I don't really think you're a bad guy!
Chamel: Wow, that's really stupid... stop saying things you know nothing about...!!
Goku: I know what I'm talking about! You... didn't use any Dark Energy, did you? If you really just wanted to become stronger you'd have used that energy, without a doubt...
Chamel: That thing is evil... I want to become stronger using my own power... that's all...! Son Goku... How did you guys manage to get that strong? That warrior from another world... How did he show that much growth?
Goku: You've fought again and again just to become strong... but he continued to fight in order to not lose anything important. If we talk about "strength", then you're definitely the strongest... but he had something else... that's the difference, I think.
Chamel: I see... So that's the true face of his, and yours, strength... I don't get it...
Goku: Oh, I hate these kinds of explanations... But! I'm sure even you will become stronger than you are now! Next time, doing the right thing... would you train with me?
Chamel: I refuse...!!
Goku: You're a though one...!
Chamel: First, I'll start again, looking for that power that is not "strength"... Of course... I won't do things the wrong way anymore.
Goku: I see...! Then, let's fight again when we both get stronger!
Chamel: Next time I'll win... Prepare yourself, Son Goku...! And... warrior from another world... you too, eventually...
Goku: Good, good! This was the "Perfect Conclusion"![/spoiler]

https://youtu.be/d-RIc1hUV6A

[spoiler]Towa: You finally came...
Vegeeta: Hide-and-seek is over! Let's end this here!
Towa: You there! I now fully realize your danger...! Mira was right to be worried about you...! This kid's latent powers are bottomless...! If I could, I'd not waste energy but... I'll deal with you here, so I don't warm up even more to the Time Patrollers!
Trunks: She's absorbing Dark Energy into her own body...!!
Vegeeta: S--- such ki!! Damn...! What a nonsense power-up...!!
Towa: This energy was created to resemble the one originally filling the Dark Realm... The battle power we, the ones from the Dark Realm, have while in there isn't matched by anyone else! Now, prepare yourselves!!!
Super Mira: Now! This'll be the real deal... The actual conclusion...! Try and stop us...!!
Vegeeta: Very well...! Don't underestimate our power...!!!

----------

Vegeeta: Damn it! What an absolute monster...! But...! It's our win...!!
Super Mira: To think... I can't win... even... with th...is... power...!!!!
Towa: Mi... Mira...! I... I won't acknowledge it!! There's no way... I'd acknowledge it!! I'll.. surely...! Re...vive... the... Dark Realm... Br...o...the...r.....

----------

Trunks: Good work!! Finally you beat Towa!! Now this incident is settled... Now it's Goku-san and the Time Kaioushin-sama...
Vegeeta: Kakarrot is missing all the fun...!! I'll reach the Time Kaioushin if I find the "Time-Space Doors"... Anyway, this incident is pretty much finished... I'll leave the rest of the work to you!
Trunks: Yes! Leave it to us! Well then, return for now and rest!
????: Towa... My younger sister...!!! Your older brother will clear your sorrow... I won't forgive...!! I won't forgive you!! Time Patrollers...!!! This won't be the end of it!!! I'll kill you all!!!!
Chamel: Oh, even if Vegeeta was there, they managed to defeat Towa... They're getting better at playing the heroes... Or so I'd say... But, it's slightly boring Son Goku is still not showing up... I could lure him out by defeating them directly but... That's no good... I have an agreement with "him" as well... The Patrollers will end up dying when getting involved in "his" plan... Really... Such a roundabout way... But... This time the opportunity will come for me to finally fight with Son Goku...!! And then... By defeating Son Goku, I will prove I'm the strongest...!! I'm so excited I can't wait...!! I'm such a kid...![/spoiler]

https://youtu.be/kqQGa4IxHlU

[spoiler]Trunks: Demigra? You were alive?
Time Kaioushin: No... This presence...! It's not the real Demigra...!!
Trunks: I see... It's the same "Illusion" as that time... There are still remnants, then...!
Time Kaioushin: even with Demigra gone... they are still gathering energy...!
Trunks: But... They no longer have their master to give energy to...
Time Kaioushin: Yes, if this goes on, the energy, which has lost its destination, will keep overflowing...!!
Trunks: Demigra's illusion...!! T... turned giant...!!
Time Kaioushin: It seems it already stockpiled energy to its limits...! Quick, let's knock down this "illusion" and purify the Dark Energy!![/spoiler]

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Tue May 30, 2017 1:40 pm

alakazam^ wrote: https://youtu.be/d-RIc1hUV6A

[spoiler]Towa: You finally came...
Vegeeta: Hide-and-seek is over! Let's end this here!
Towa: You there! I now fully realize your danger...! Mira was right to be worried about you...! This kid's latent powers are bottomless...! If I could, I'd not waste energy but... I'll deal with you here, so I don't warm up even more to the Time Patrollers!
Trunks: She's absorbing Dark Energy into her own body...!!
Vegeeta: S--- such ki!! Damn...! What a nonsense power-up...!!
Towa: This energy was created to resemble the one originally filling the Dark Realm... The battle power we, the ones from the Dark Realm, have while in there isn't matched by anyone else! Now, prepare yourselves!!!
Super Mira: Now! This'll be the real deal... The actual conclusion...! Try and stop us...!!
Vegeeta: Very well...! Don't underestimate our power...!!![/spoiler]
Huh!? So they finally explained what the heck is the Darkness Form of Towa. :o I don't remember seeing that explanation anywhere else.

I know I'm asking too much, but we really need someone who could play the game and translate every piece of information. Who knows what else this game brought that might be interesting or explain stuff?
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:34 pm

Does the game explain or even give any hint about which timeline Xeno Goku, Vegeta, Gohan, and Goten come from? Also, does it explain how Dabra came back to life & became Xeno Dabra? And does Super Saiyan 4 Full Power Broli play any role in the game, maybe explaining how he got his scar & what exactly is his new power-up?
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.