Do you think it's possible that we'll get a DBS video game based solely on the manga?

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

MyNiggaGoku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Do you think it's possible that we'll get a DBS video game based solely on the manga?

Post by MyNiggaGoku » Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:25 am

I wanna hear just how much possible it is for such thing to happen.I think it would be a nice game with manga like graphi(e.g. the Super DBZ game for PS2 or Ultimate Tenkaichi)and a storyline ala Budokai 1 following the Super manga's events.That would be the dream :D
My Dragon Ball Super 'Canon'

Vegito Black
Not-So-Newbie

Re: Do you think it's possible that we'll get a DBS video game based solely on the manga?

Post by Vegito Black » Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:38 am

The anime is what's on TV so they'll always focus on the anime,which in any other circumstances would be the exact same as the manga. Now the games can take from the manga for example we could get God Goku in his FoF outfit, super Saiyan black. Stuff like that but story wise they go with the anime normally. Only game I cam think of that went with the manga was storm 4 because the anime is taking to damn long to finish in fact the anime still hasn't done the last chapter of the manga and we're still in filler.

simtek34
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: Do you think it's possible that we'll get a DBS video game based solely on the manga?

Post by simtek34 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:40 am

i was thinking that, for example Towa and Mira make Goku weaker during the tournament by making him SSG and not SSB, then Hit defeats Goku and wins.

Newbie — 06/27/2016
Not-So-Newbie — ???
Beyond Newbie — ???
Beyond-The-Beyond-Newbie — 12/20/2016
Regular — 02/05/2017
OMG CRAZY REG — 06/14/2017

Xbox Live: PlushGerm24109
Everywhere else: simtek34

MyNiggaGoku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MyNiggaGoku » Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:41 pm

Vegito Black wrote:The anime is what's on TV so they'll always focus on the anime,which in any other circumstances would be the exact same as the manga. Now the games can take from the manga for example we could get God Goku in his FoF outfit, super Saiyan black. Stuff like that but story wise they go with the anime normally. Only game I cam think of that went with the manga was storm 4 because the anime is taking to damn long to finish in fact the anime still hasn't done the last chapter of the manga and we're still in filler.
Yeah that's what will probably happen,but I still believe there is a possibility that such a game will be produced,maybe after a million games following the anime are made :lol:
simtek34 wrote:i was thinking that, for example Towa and Mira make Goku weaker during the tournament by making him SSG and not SSB, then Hit defeats Goku and wins.
That would be an interesting storyline not gonna lie..maybe they will incorporate the differences the manga made as Towa's actions.The anime version being what is normally supposed to happen with the manga being the altered version of events thanks to Towa
My Dragon Ball Super 'Canon'

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:51 pm

It's a cool idea, but reality is, the anime is the main product and always will be from now on, the anime has time to expand on things that Toyotaro just doesn't. Also keep in mind that even when Toriyama's manga was the main product, the video games that followed were based on the TV show, they're just more marketable. Unfortunately, no, we will not get a manga-based game.
Last edited by Jinzoningen MULE on Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Retired.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:09 pm

Better than Dragon Ball Super's manga, it would be cool to see Dragon Ball Online covering Toriyama's Dragon Ball Super. Not gonna happen any of the cases here commented, though.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

Neon Z
Advanced Regular

Post by Neon Z » Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:18 pm

I don't think that'd be really necessary. I think the only way it happens is if something like Jump Ultimate Stars is made again, where they only licensed the manga, not the anime versions, and so they'd need to base any Super content on the manga. That's very unlikely to happen since Bandai has the anime license in the first place though, so any of their games would be able to use the anime material. The Jump Super/Ultimate Star games only existed like that because they were published by Nintendo.

Overall though, I'd be happy if any of the manga's extra content started making it to the games, like Whis Gi Goku using SSJ God or SSJ Goku Black.

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:38 pm

We should get a Dragon Ball (yes the whole series) based on the manga... uncut, so it can be rated M.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:55 pm

i really don't see what the point would be. I mean, the manga is very good, don't get me wrong, but it's 95% the same story as the anime.

floofychan333
Advanced Regular

Post by floofychan333 » Tue May 02, 2017 1:01 pm

Ehh, no. Certainly not with Super's manga considering the anime is the main source material now and it's a way bigger cash cow. If there's any chance of a manga-style game it would be with the original manga's storyline.
"All of you. All of you must have KILL all the SEASONS!" -Dough (Tenshinhan), Speedy Dub of Movie 9.

"My opinion of Norihito's Sumitomo's new score is... well, very mixed. The stuff that's good is pretty darn good, but the stuff that's bad makes elevator music sound like Jerry freaking Goldsmith." -Kenisu

OLKv3
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by OLKv3 » Tue May 02, 2017 1:02 pm

Never, it's too short and kinda bare bones for a video game

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:50 am

OLKv3 wrote:Never, it's too short and kinda bare bones for a video game
Its basically the anime with 1000x less detail and a few changes.

Agreed not happening
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"