Future video games and the inclusion of Super characters over previous characters

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Beek King
Not-So-Newbie

Re: Future video games and the inclusion of Super characters over previous characters

Post by Beek King » Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:53 pm

If tie in games worked like they did in the past, I'm sure we'd already have a DB Super-based game by now. But this is a different era so we're having them included as DLC for Xenoverse 2 and Fusions at the moment.
But yeah, I'd really enjoy a Super-focused game after the show is over.
Do whatever you like, ghost.

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Re: Future video games and the inclusion of Super characters over previous characters

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:15 pm

A Super focused game would indeed be quite the treat. As of right now its role in the games isn't that significant which I find unfortunate.

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:55 pm

I could see it once the series has ended. Right now, there is too little to really make a game based around just Super. Maybe a handheld title, such as an RPG-ish style or some other gameplay aside from just a straight fighter.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:11 pm

If they really care about the Super brand, they should release a game called Dragon Ball Super: (Whatever)
The game should be focused on Super's story and its characters, and obviously gameplay.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

Zephyr
I Live Here

Post by Zephyr » Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:07 am

I think that at the moment Super has enough new content to justify a game having a roster pulled exclusively from it. That said, with a roster pulled just from Super alone, we'd have a pretty sizable number of familiar faces:

From DB/Z:
[spoiler]- Son Goku
- Muten Roshi
- Krillin
- Tenshinhan
- Piccolo
- Son Gohan
- Vegeta
- Freeza
- Future Trunks
- Kibito
- Dabura
- Majin Buu
- Gotenks
- Vegetto[/spoiler]
Pretty much all of the "essential" Z characters, sans Cell, are there.

From "Super":
[spoiler]- Beerus
- Whis
- Jaco
- Tagoma
- Shisami
- Champa
- Botamo
- Frost
- Magetta
- Cabba
- Hit
- Goku Black
- Zamasu
- Merged Zamasu
- Basil
- Lavenda
- Bergamo
- Toppo
- female Broly
- buff alien Pride Trooper
- fat blue chick
- at least 5 more fighters from the opening
- the other some odd 50 unknown fighters[/spoiler]

That's not to say that we need all of those new fighters (that'd make the roster almost 100 characters strong, not even counting transformations), but we can have a game that's exclusively about "Super" that strikes the balance between enough new stuff and enough familiar old stuff.

Neon Z
Advanced Regular

Post by Neon Z » Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:41 am

I could see Super characters replacing some of the minor Z ones in games, especially if the upcoming arc is well received - characters like Raditz, Nappa, Zarbon, Dodoria and Recoom who have had fairly consistent game appearances could be sidelined for Super characters when we get new fighting games building their line up from zero. The last arc introduce 3 characters who seem fairly popular compared to those minor ones (Zamasu, Goku Black and Fused Zamasu) and this tournament has potential for an even larger line up of additions.

Super Future Trunks also could replace Z Future Trunks in games that don't feature clone characters like that. Roshi also might get some presence in games if he actually gets real fighting scenes in the upcoming tournament.