Future video games and the inclusion of Super characters over previous characters

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

gohan_black
Beyond Newbie

Future video games and the inclusion of Super characters over previous characters

Post by gohan_black » Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:03 pm

The current Xenoverse game could barely give us 5 DB Super charecters and (is) milking the hell of it (us?) with DLC (non-possessive). The new arc would (will?) have 12 gods of destruction and 10 fighters from each universe which means 100+ fighters, but anyway, assuming that most of them are pretty weak, we are still left with 12 gods of destruction and 12 angels + that grey alien guy and probably at least 10 fighters who are considered really strong.

That leads me to my point: why the hell do we need DBZ characters anymore? Like really. Zarbon, Dodoria, the Ginyu force, etc., not to mention all those lame character slots that go to evil version of villains.

The next game whether it's Xenoverse 3 or not, needs to be DB SUPER EXCLUSIVE. That means all the Z fighters + Super Saiyan transformations (normal, blue, etc.). We don't need Z characters and we don't need movie characters. They all were given more than enough spotlight in previous Dragon Ball games. I wanna see Bandai heaving (having? maybe also heaving...) actual balls.

That's my honest opinion. It's time to evolve.

Gog
I Live Here

Re: how would the next db xenoverse handle the U-N arc charecters

Post by Gog » Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:32 pm

You just don't talk smack about the Ginyu Force, and expect to get away with it. Besides their already in the game. Also what do you mean we don't need any dragon ball Z characters anymore? So by that logic, everybody in Z should go fuck off? No. Also why the hell should all the other characters DIMPS made be not put into the game? They put real time and effort into those, and your proposing to just throw it away. Because

Lunaar
Patreon Supporter

Post by Lunaar » Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:07 pm

As unlikely as it would be (aka VERY ballsy) that they would do away with the majority of the cast and basically anything that has to do with the premise of Xenoverse to begin with - *inhales* ...for the third entry in a best-selling franchise...

I do like the idea of them going straight hams on a Dragon Ball Super game. I agree with the notion that Super should be confident enough at this point to sell a game based on it's own merits and not ride the coattails of the existing material. We've done Z. So. Many. Times. (The Saiyan arc alone... how many times??) Giving us a Super exclusive game would show that Namco Bandai has faith in their property and by that extension, so should we.

Xenoverse gets a pass in my book, as it is not a "Z" title... even if it is a "Z" game with GT and Super supplement. The setting and attitude are what counts.

I'm all for change. If the game blows, go back to doing what works. Everybody in Z can fuck off. :lol:
Gogegito wrote:Gotenks said "I cant let him fight just like that, please trunks help me, he's my brother" And trunks also had undesrstanding eyes.
Ajay wrote:It's probably savagely lit. I dunno.
Steam ID: Lunaar
★頭カラッポの方が 夢詰め込める★

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:26 pm

A game focused in Dragon Ball Super would only work for the handheld console. Next year probably, as this one has Dragon Ball Heroes coming. You can't have a major game without what sells more to the general public, a drastic change like that is impossible in every way. And even if we manage to get a handheld game solely about Dragon Ball Super, I bet with anyone that there would be people complaining about the absence of Dragon Ball Z's characters.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:54 am

I would honestly hate a Super exclusive game. I dont care enough about Goku and Vegeta anymore. Or most of the new charatcers besides Black to see it worth buying.

gohan_black
Beyond Newbie

Post by gohan_black » Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:56 pm

Grimlock wrote:A game focused in Dragon Ball Super would only work for the handheld console. Next year probably, as this one has Dragon Ball Heroes coming. You can't have a major game without what sells more to the general public, a drastic change like that is impossible in every way. And even if we manage to get a handheld game solely about Dragon Ball Super, I bet with anyone that there would be people complaining about the absence of Dragon Ball Z's characters.
DBZ characters would not be lost. All the Z fighters would be there because they also part of Super. 18 and 17 would be there. Fat Buu, Freeza with his golden form. What were gonna miss? (huh?) Those useless (characters) Zarbon and Dodoria. Why do you need them? Replace them with Tagoma and Shisami. You don't need the Ginyu force and you don't need Cell and super Buu or the useless GT characters. And also the movie villains. You know why we don't need them? Because they are everywhere from Budokai 3 to Raging Blast 2. So Bandai could just release BT3 remastered in HD and (the) problem (would be) solved.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Re: Future video games and the inclusion of Super characters over previous characters

Post by VegettoEX » Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:54 pm

Please preview and re-read your posts before making them. These are borderline unreadable, which is not a good way to make your case. Thank you!
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Ozotto
Beyond Newbie

Re: Future video games and the inclusion of Super characters over previous characters

Post by Ozotto » Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:04 pm

I'm okay with a DBSuper only game, as long as there's and DBZ only game too.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:18 pm

Ozotto wrote:I'm okay with a DBSuper only game, as long as there's and DBZ only game too.
Raging Blast 1-2.

Quebaz
Advanced Regular

Post by Quebaz » Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:57 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote:
Ozotto wrote:I'm okay with a DBSuper only game, as long as there's and DBZ only game too.
Raging Blast 1-2.
Not on current gen consoles and they were already pretty flawed at the time.
A LUZ INFINITA!
Steam: Quebaz
PSN: BSSJ3
Tumblr

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:20 pm

I don't think we're far enough into Super to do a Super-exclusive game yet (though I do want one). I'd say let's see how many new and likeable characters pop up in this Omni Tournament arc first.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:35 pm

In a few years when Super is thankfully over, I'm sure it'll fall into the same category as the movies and GT when it comes to representation in games. The focus will remain primarily on Z, but the cream of the crop selection of fighter characters from the spin-offs will be unlockable and playable. The likes of Beerus, Whis, and SSB Goku/Vegeta will be there alongside Coola, Broli, Super Saiyan 4 Goku/Vegeta/Gogeta, Yi Xing Long, and the like.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:22 pm

Exclude the series that sells...? I-I don't know where to begin...

https://youtu.be/Uf-d7WRe5ZI?t=37
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:59 am

Kaboom wrote:In a few years when Super is thankfully over, I'm sure it'll fall into the same category as the movies and GT when it comes to representation in games. The focus will remain primarily on Z, but the cream of the crop selection of fighter characters from the spin-offs will be unlockable and playable. The likes of Beerus, Whis, and SSB Goku/Vegeta will be there alongside Coola, Broli, Super Saiyan 4 Goku/Vegeta/Gogeta, Yi Xing Long, and the like.
Outta curiosity, how much longer do you see Super lasting for?

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:04 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote:Outta curiosity, how much longer do you see Super lasting for?
I'm no fortune-teller, but I could very easily see the Universe Survival arc being the final one. I mean, how much higher could the stakes possibly get than having entire universes wiped out by the most nigh-omnipotent non-Toribot character in the entire franchise?
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

RehBeh
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by RehBeh » Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:20 pm

Kaboom wrote: I'm no fortune-teller, but I could very easily see the Universe Survival arc being the final one. I mean, how much higher could the stakes possibly get than having entire universes wiped out by the most nigh-omnipotent non-Toribot character in the entire franchise?
It will be revealed that the Dragon World is in fact an Omniverse with countless Multiverses and a villainous entity threatens to destroy them all.
GT wasn't that bad
DBZ Macky wrote:
RehBeh wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote: He is, its just that no one holds him in high esteem, even in-universe.
He must feel awful. Being a God and no one respects him. Just sad.
And Zamasu thought he had it bad. Fuckin' edgy Kaios thinking about "Justice" and shit just because they got strong by chance.

Thanos
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Thanos » Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:32 pm

Kaboom wrote:In a few years when Super is thankfully over
I mean this in the nicest way possible, but... why thankfully? If you're unhappy with it, isn't not watching it an option? I'm not sure I understand the desire for something you don't like to end. Stop watching it, and those of us who still like it can still have the thing we enjoy! Win-win. :P Especially considering this is the first new weekly material from the franchise in nearly two decades, milking the franchise has long been a thing. Why not milk it until the ratings no longer justify it?

In any case, the only way to get away with doing this would be something along the lines of the Dragon Ball Origins games, where it was clearly marketed as being exclusive to that series. In terms of a Xenoverse 3 or yearly home console release, I hardly think it'd go over too well. Not to mention, there's a wide variety of character rosters between these games. With Budokai you had mainly Z with a bit of DB/DBGT, Sparking!/Tenkaichi had everything, Xenoverse has mainly Z with a bit of GT/Super... so I don't think there's anything wrong with that approach. There are certain characters, like the movie characters and fucking Mr. Satan, that don't need to be in these games. I like Bardock, but the foregone conclusion of he and Broli being in every single game no matter the other content isn't something I need in life, and wouldn't be particularly sad without them. Pre-BoG gave movie characters and GT characters a legitimate space to dwell in, but the more new characters are introduced, I hardly see the need for most of them.
Thanos before Thanos was cool.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:45 pm

RehBeh wrote:It will be revealed that the Dragon World is in fact an Omniverse with countless Multiverses and a villainous entity threatens to destroy them all.
I think I saw what you did there. :D

More likely the villainous entity chains the Dragon World and forces someone to find the responsible for it. :clap:
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

RehBeh
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by RehBeh » Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:18 am

Grimlock wrote:
RehBeh wrote:It will be revealed that the Dragon World is in fact an Omniverse with countless Multiverses and a villainous entity threatens to destroy them all.
I think I saw what you did there. :D

More likely the villainous entity chains the Dragon World and forces someone to find the responsible for it. :clap:
It would be somewhat funny if things turn out that way.
GT wasn't that bad
DBZ Macky wrote:
RehBeh wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote: He is, its just that no one holds him in high esteem, even in-universe.
He must feel awful. Being a God and no one respects him. Just sad.
And Zamasu thought he had it bad. Fuckin' edgy Kaios thinking about "Justice" and shit just because they got strong by chance.

Ozotto
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ozotto » Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:21 pm

I look forward to seeing Dragon Ball Super focused game rosters and story modes.
I grew up probably in the golden era of DBZ games in the west.
I've played the DBZ story line to death. So i'm looking forward to something new, plus this universal tournament arc will have plenty of new interesting characters to offer.

With that being said, I would really like to see a purely DBZ game that focuses only on the classic DBZ.
I really want that ultimate DBZ game, with a focus on everything DBZ had to offer prior to the early 2000's.

I feel like the older fans deserve a nostalgia circle jerk game. (For lack of a better term).
Ideally this game would incorporate everything DBZ strictly from the 90's era.
After 2000 we start getting into the more modern era, "what ifs", "DBO", "Heroes" "Xeno" and Super, which is good on it's own.
But i'd like something with today's graphics and a strict adherence to the classics. Ideally it would be Japanese with English subs.

I want a game where Tarble, Beerus, SSJ Bardock, SSJ3 Vegeta and Broly don't exist lol.
But I want Garlic Jr.'s, turles, and Slugs henchmen playable xD.
I don't know call me crazy.