What DBZ games have you been playing a lot recently?

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DBZAOTA482
Banned

What DBZ games have you been playing a lot recently?

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:59 pm

Well... for me, I've played a lot of Tenkaichi though mostly for conventional reasons but the game I always came back to just for a good time is Budokai 3 and if you been around, you know what I'm talking about.

Now... what game do you play a lot lately?
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

emperior
I Live Here

Re: What DBZ games have you been playing a lot recently?

Post by emperior » Sat Mar 18, 2017 3:59 pm

I'd play Burst Limit if I still had my PS3, and I would play some Budokai 3 HD too.
Haven't touched Xenoverse 2 in a while, unfortunately it got boring really fast. It might be better than Tenkaichi 3 in a lot of aspects but it doesn't hold the same replay value because it's not as fun to me. At the moment I'm crossing my fingers for a new DB game this year (hopefully a 2.5D one but there are almost no chances for it to happen)
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:44 am

I rarely play video games, but I still haven't finished Xenoverse 1, so it's usually working towards that (assuming I'm even playing DB).
Retired.

Metis Connetis

Post by Metis Connetis » Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:03 am

I'm between Xenoverse 2 and Tenkaichi 3, both fully modded, but in the end I think that BT3 it's more fun overall.

From Xenoverse 2 I really love the animations and the "no limit mod" possibility. With the "characters in SSJ at start" mods (the existintg and the ones I did it) the game gets much better.

90sDBZ
I Live Here

Post by 90sDBZ » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:30 am

Even though I much prefer Budokai 3 I've been giving Tenkaichi 3 a good amount of play time lately. Pulling off Z counters can be addictive as hell, and I don't have to feel guilty about not memorising combos with BT3 as everyone plays more or less the same. It isn't the deepest of DBZ games but it's still addictive casual fun.

Luso Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Luso Saiyan » Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:12 am

Burst Limit. Lost my Budokai 3 HD save and I don't have the time to unlock everything again.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:20 am

I haven't played ANY DBZ games since I tried Xenoverse 1 for a couple hours. I kinda lost interest in DBZ games since that game...

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:37 am

sangofe wrote:I haven't played ANY DBZ games since I tried Xenoverse 1 for a couple hours. I kinda lost interest in DBZ games since that game...
Yeah, Xenoverse 1 and 2 are fun, but they're not very good Dragon Ball games. XV2 especially just reeks of laziness.

As for me, I play Dokkan Battle a lot because it's on my phone so its fun to load up and play. quick and easy.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:19 pm

I don't enjoy video games anymore but if I want to kill some time and I want to play a DB game, I probably pick up one of the Shin Budokais or Legacy of Goku series.

Omori
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Omori » Sat Apr 08, 2017 3:31 pm

So actually just Tenkaichi 3 with friends... It's IMO the best Dragon Ball fighting.
Now with mods from the Future Trunks arc and more it's even more fun. 5 vs 5 against friends is still awesome, even after so many years.
I'm still hoping for an official "Tenkaichi 4" game.
I played a bit Xenoverse, I think the story is cool, but I don't really like the fighting gameplay... especially after playing Tenkaichi 3 so such a long time.

DarkPrince_92
I Live Here

Post by DarkPrince_92 » Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:41 pm

Crazy how far from the question everyone is getting. It asks what you've been playing a lot recently, not what you haven't had time to do lol.

Anyway, Xenoverse 2 for me. I like the fanservice more than anything and love the random tournaments like the "Ginyu force only" or the "Androids only". PQs and replaying the story I've lost all motivation to do however.

And ESF ECX with the Super mods. Still a slightly fun way to kill time. Until the nest release (whenever that is).

Too lazy to hook my PS3 back up, or I'd play the Budokai HD collection, Burst Limit or Raging Blast 2 as well.
I am a freelance animator, check out my thangs. ART!

Check my webcomic series Off Guard now on webtoons!

PSN/Steam: DarkPrince_92

TheOverlyMadHatter
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by TheOverlyMadHatter » Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:17 pm

Mostly Raging Blast 2 and Xenoverse 2. I'm surprised they still have the servers up and running for former.

I'm taking a break from Ranked Matches in XV2 and am focusing on 100% the game and sometimes have fun with Unlimited 3v3 while waiting for the DLC to drop.

Mac
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mac » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:46 pm

Don't really play them much. Xenoverse 1 and 2 got stale incredibly quick, definitely need something fresh.

Revolution
Beyond Newbie

Post by Revolution » Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:03 pm

Been playing Xenoverse 2 for a few weeks but losing motivation now the story is done, just hit level 90 but just can’t find the reason to grind 5 million xp to go up to next level. The parallel quests are the most interesting part now (getting moves and costumes) and online expert missions (on 19 currently) .

Also been playing Attack of the Saiyan on DS. Desperate for another legacy of Goku type game, love them all.
Frieza?! .. You fool!!!!!

ShadowBardock89
Advanced Regular

Post by ShadowBardock89 » Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:07 pm

Just Xenoverse 2. I'll play again once more DLC comes out. I'm at an impasse with the DLC PQs. I can't do them, they're too tough.
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=40715&start=20#p1439892
http://dba.bn-ent.net/character/barduck.html
https://i.imgur.com/86hOk5i.gif

DarkPrince_92
I Live Here

Post by DarkPrince_92 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:01 pm

Used to be Dokkan Battle before I had to change my phone. Now I can't redownload and play properly.

So yea... Xenoverse 2 for me too.
I am a freelance animator, check out my thangs. ART!

Check my webcomic series Off Guard now on webtoons!

PSN/Steam: DarkPrince_92