"Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" (PS4/XBO/PC, 2018, Arc System Works) Official Discussion Thread

Post by sangofe » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:13 am

RedHeat wrote:
So it looks like in the character select menu, you can choose between different versions of the character in the same slot. I guess that prevents a fluffed roster.
Another better quality video:
https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A ... SQEAJ_RHhw

Bansho64
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" (PS4/XBO/PC, 2018, Arc System Works) Official Discussion Thread

Post by Bansho64 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:14 am

Honestly, I think a lot of people are right in saying that people from a different crowd are mainly the ones making blanket statements about this game. For me, I see this a game mainly being marketed toward the Budokai, Burst Limit, and Super DBZ players. Not the Tenkaichi or Raging Blast ones.

cringey

Post by cringey » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:16 am

Day one for that casual blood, if they show up.

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Big Black Sayian
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Big Black Sayian » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:19 am

simtek34 wrote:Here is some HQ Gameplay from Bandai Europe's YouTube, and I noticed that Cell Games Gohan's Lifebar says "Gohan" and not "Teen Gohan"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAKSgWQ6AeU
Is "Teen Gohan" usually a Japanese term?

NintendoBlaze53
Regular

Post by NintendoBlaze53 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:22 am

cringey wrote:Day one for that casual blood, if they show up.

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
There are some days I feel ashamed to call myself apart of this fanbase, unfortunately that is most days, but today especially.

Seriously have none of these people looked at the huge resurgence of traditional fighters recently? Do they not keep up with anything gaming? We're in a massive fighting game boom right now which prides itself on gameplay above all else. FighterZ is more of that.

I still think the worst comment I saw was someone calling it a 3DS game, man if my 3DS could run Unreal 4 in 60fps and 1080p I'd like to know please.
"You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that's where you'll find the things more important than what you want." -Ging Freecss

If you care about opinionated/critical analysis and reviews of anime, manga and gaming products, feel free to check out my website. https://otakustance.wordpress.com/

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:23 am

Bansho64 wrote:Honestly, I think a lot of people are right in saying that people from a different crowd are mainly the ones making blanket statements about this game. For me, I see this a game mainly being marketed toward the Budokai, Burst Limit, and Super DBZ players. Not the Tenkaichi or Raging Blast ones.
I agree. Dragon Ball FighterZ is absolutely aimed towards the Budokai/Burst Limit/Super DBZ crowd, and because of this, those who aren't fond of the 2.5/2D aspect of fighting games, are making somewhat condescending remarks about the approach Arc System Works is taking with Dragon Ball FighterZ. Even though right now it looks better than any other Dragon Ball games that has come before it terms of gameplay presentation and visuals.

AndyAvenue91

Post by AndyAvenue91 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:26 am

simtek34 wrote:Here is some HQ Gameplay from Bandai Europe's YouTube, and I noticed that Cell Games Gohan's Lifebar says "Gohan" and not "Teen Gohan"
I love that Sorbet's laser is used as an assist for Golden Frieza, good job that Gohan had his guard up! Also quite ironic that Frieza got hit by his own energy discs in the battle too!

Seeing full gameplay rather than just the hectic reveal trailer has made me feel even better about this, definitely going to put a pre-order in. I hope there is an option to do 1v1 matches though, never been the biggest fan of 3v3.
Xbox GT: Andy Avenue
IG: andyavenue91

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:27 am

I hope this game forces this forum to create an eSports Section. That would be lovely.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:29 am

LightBing wrote:I hope this game forces this forum to create an eSports Section. That would be lovely.
I don't really understand. What is so special about "esports" in general that this thread and/or others about the game, its mechanics, etc. here in the "Video Games" sub-section wouldn't be able to cover/handle?
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:31 am

This game better have an original story but seeing that is unlikely, but it better offer replayability and have a good online service
Mostly active on discord.

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:31 am

VegettoEX wrote:
LightBing wrote:I hope this game forces this forum to create an eSports Section. That would be lovely.
I don't really understand. What is so special about "esports" in general that this thread and/or others about the game, its mechanics, etc. here in the "Video Games" sub-section wouldn't be able to cover/handle?
What I meant is that I hope this game spurs the scene to grow, so that in the future we have so much to cover we need a new section. Not that it's currently necessary. Sorry if I wasn't clear. :oops:

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:42 am

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Didn't know 10 year old Gohan was considered a teenager.
Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.

simtek34
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by simtek34 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:46 am

Neo-Makaiōshin wrote:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Didn't know 10 year old Gohan was considered a teenager.
The reason I said that is, maybe that might be the only version of Gohan in the Game!

Newbie — 06/27/2016
Not-So-Newbie — ???
Beyond Newbie — ???
Beyond-The-Beyond-Newbie — 12/20/2016
Regular — 02/05/2017
OMG CRAZY REG — 06/14/2017

Xbox Live: PlushGerm24109
Everywhere else: simtek34

KorgDTR2000
Beyond Newbie

Post by KorgDTR2000 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:51 am

This game looks incredible.

I love that it's an old school gnarly fighter. This game is making me want to build a dedicated cabinet for it and stick it in my living.

Also, I can guarantee right now I will suck complete ass at this game.

Bansho64
I Live Here

Post by Bansho64 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:59 am

Anyone else about to dig up and old PS2 and get prepared for this thing with the old Budokai games?

Super Saiyan Swagger
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:13 am

cringey wrote:Day one for that casual blood, if they show up.

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Some people are actually having problems with it being a competitive fighter?

...How the fuck is that even a bad thing??

The last Dragon Ball game that was close to being competitive was Super Dragon Ball Z... and that came out over 10 fucking years ago. Good lord this fan base sometimes. So hard to please.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:18 am

Wow, Wakamoto Norio seems like he's actually trying to yell again. I hope there's more than just one voice file like this.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:19 am

Bansho64 wrote:Anyone else about to dig up and old PS2 and get prepared for this thing with the old Budokai games?
I sold my PS2 many moons ago. :(

I'm praying for Burst Limit to get backwards compatibility on the Xbox One, so I can get my 2.5D Dragon Ball fighting game fix.

shadd21
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by shadd21 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:22 am

RedHeat wrote:
So it looks like in the character select menu, you can choose between different versions of the character in the same slot. I guess that prevents a fluffed roster.
What, where? All i see are recolors

Bansho64
I Live Here

Post by Bansho64 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:23 am

Lord Beerus wrote: I sold my PS2 many moons ago. :(

I'm praying for Burst Limit to get backwards compatibility on the Xbox One, so I can get my 2.5D Dragon Ball fighting game fix.
They go for pretty cheap nowadays. I'm sure you could find one along with the Budokai games for a good price.

Amen to Burst Limit bro. Microsoft should've made it backwards compatible already. I'll even take the Budokai HD collection, even if I prefer the OG versions of the games.