"Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" (PS4/XBO/PC, 2018, Arc System Works) Official Discussion Thread

Post by dbzfan7 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:15 pm

mahakaishin1991 wrote:people like Ginyu and Nappa who have nothing to do with Super. I expect we'll see Beerus/Whis, Black/Zamasu and at most Jiren in a DLC pack. The bulk of the game is Z content
Ginyu was in Super...but I can't blame ya for forgetting that. That's just how forgettable him coming back was :lol:.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Asura
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" (PS4/XBO/PC, 2018, Arc System Works) Official Discussion Thread

Post by Asura » Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:24 pm

mahakaishin1991 wrote:
Asura wrote:Don't know if this was posted yet, but here's Chris Sabat talking a little bit about FighterZ and very slightly going into the story:

https://youtu.be/6WvXbPK3s8w?t=798
mahakaishin1991 wrote:
All of those things you mentioned were in A Z movie called Revival of F, before Super even aired

As for the destroyed city, thats also in the extended Revival of F with Trunks and Black.

The story is set in the End of Z series. we know this already
Goku was not in his regular gi while SSB until the Future Trunks arc, and a lot of SSB Goku and SSB Vegeta's moves are from the U6/FT arc such as Kaioken
the bulk of that was from Battle of Gods and Revival F.

The only things that were were literally kaioken blue and a few moves.

The story is not set in Super, if it were we'd have seen Beerus by now for sure. Theyve emphasized its considered a Z game with the Z in the title.

I dont doubt Super content is coming, just it's most likely going to not be the bulk of the game. if it were we wouldnt have fighters in their Z clothes like 17/18, Yamcha in his Gi, costumes from Battle of Gods (a Z movie) and people like Ginyu and Nappa who have nothing to do with Super. I expect we'll see Beerus/Whis, Black/Zamasu and at most Jiren in a DLC pack. The bulk of the game is Z content
No one claimed that the bulk of the game would be Super content, I think it's incredibly obvious to see that isn't the case at this point, but saying that Super won't be in the game just obviously isn't true at all given Golden Freeza, SSB Goku, and SSB Vegeta.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:13 pm

I find it bizarre people are complaining about Nappa and Captain Ginyu. I mean, what on earth? They're two of the most iconic villains of DBZ. If this was the pre-Super era everyone would be excited to see them. Has Super literally made people forget what the fandom was like when DBZ was considered the "main" series?

The way you people are talking as if they're minor characters nobody knows about. It would be as if they added Dodoria and Spopovich or something.

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:17 pm

No one claimed that the bulk of the game would be Super content, I think it's incredibly obvious to see that isn't the case at this point, but saying that Super won't be in the game just obviously isn't true at all given Golden Freeza, SSB Goku, and SSB Vegeta.
I think you need to re-read my comment. I said the bulk of the list given wasn't super content, not that they were claiming the game is mostly super content.

If they were pushing Super content, we would be seeing people like Beerus, Whis, etc by now, not staple Z villains and people like Ginyu etc.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:36 pm

I'd prefer this game be DBZ-centric and then the sequel can add Super characters.

There's no reason to leave out iconic DBZ characters just because Super is "new." Give me Radditz, Dr. Gero, Dabura, etc. before anyone from Super.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:45 pm

precita wrote:There's no reason to leave out iconic DBZ characters just because Super is "new." Give me Radditz, Dr. Gero, Dabura, etc. before anyone from Super.
Gero and Dabura have missed games before Super was a thing so they're not that iconic when it comes to games. I do think that once the DLC is done we'll have the majority of important characters between the 2 shows.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Asura

Post by Asura » Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:16 pm

mahakaishin1991 wrote:
I think you need to re-read my comment. I said the bulk of the list given wasn't super content, not that they were claiming the game is mostly super content.

If they were pushing Super content, we would be seeing people like Beerus, Whis, etc by now, not staple Z villains and people like Ginyu etc.
I'm not even sure at this point what you're trying to say since you first began this conversation with "There's no sign of Super" then proceeded to state why Super isn't in this game, then you went on to say that Super content will be in the game, but it won't be the bulk of it (which again, no one was arguing, people were just trying to say that Super content is in the game which you were denying)

I'd be very surprised if Beerus wasn't in the final version of the game.
precita wrote:I'd prefer this game be DBZ-centric and then the sequel can add Super characters.

There's no reason to leave out iconic DBZ characters just because Super is "new." Give me Radditz, Dr. Gero, Dabura, etc. before anyone from Super.
Radditz, Gero, and Dabura are iconic? I'd say the demand for those characters is pretty low on the list. I'd much rather have Super Vegito, SSJ3 Gotenks, Buuhan, and Kid Buu instead.

You can still have Super characters in there while having the majority of the roster be Z characters. If we were looking at 24 characters for a final roster, the iconic Super characters that people actually want to see are SSB Goku, SSB Vegeta, Beerus, Hit, and Black. That's 5/24 or 21% of the roster. The other 79% would be Z characters, so I don't see the problem in adding the iconic Super characters since they'd only be ~1/5th of the roster.
Last edited by Asura on Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Super Saiyan Turlast x4
I Live Here

Post by Super Saiyan Turlast x4 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:19 pm

Excited for the story. Now I just need to see Arcade then I'm good.
"First I whip it out! Then I thrust it! With great force! Every angle...! It penetrates! Until...! With great strength...! I... ram it in! In the end... We are all satisfied... And you are set free...!" ~Dante~

Olympian
Regular

Post by Olympian » Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:54 pm

precita wrote:I find it bizarre people are complaining about Nappa and Captain Ginyu. I mean, what on earth? They're two of the most iconic villains of DBZ. If this was the pre-Super era everyone would be excited to see them. Has Super literally made people forget what the fandom was like when DBZ was considered the "main" series?

The way you people are talking as if they're minor characters nobody knows about. It would be as if they added Dodoria and Spopovich or something.
It`s got nothing to do with Super or no Super. I never cared/was drawn to either the two. Or better said, I rather have other characters instead of the two and the SSB if you gave me the choice.

But sure, they`re iconic villains, there`s no denying that. It`s going to be fun enough if they happen to be the two characters in the game with the highest number of assists in their combos.
Last edited by Olympian on Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ki Breaker wrote:

Yamcha + Roshi = Yamoshi

Coincidence? I think not

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:56 pm

Asura wrote:
Radditz, Gero, and Dabura are iconic? I'd say the demand for those characters is pretty low on the list. I'd much rather have Super Vegito, SSJ3 Gotenks, Buuhan, and Kid Buu instead.
I'm sure we'll get Kid Buu and the Fusions, that's why I didn't mention them. Besides them and adult Gohan, they are some of the most iconic villains of their sagas besides the "endgame" villian.

Have we seriously gotten to the point where Radditz, the very first villain introduced in DBZ, the first Saiyan, Goku's brother, and the reveal of Goku's backstory and sets the next two arcs in motion...not iconic?

Or Dr. Gero, the creator of the Androids and Cell? Literally the main guy who sets in motion the entire Cell arc?

Granted Dabura was a glorified henchmen to Babidi, but he was cool as hell and people love the concept of a demon king. There's a reason people begged for him to be added to Xenoverse.

It's weird, back in 2000-2012 everyone thought of these characters as memorable and iconic. It's gotten to the point where Super has made people forget who the important characters are.

Asura

Post by Asura » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:20 pm

precita wrote:
Asura wrote:
I'm sure we'll get Kid Buu and the Fusions, that's why I didn't mention them. Besides them and adult Gohan, they are some of the most iconic villains of their sagas besides the "endgame" villian.

Have we seriously gotten to the point where Radditz, the very first villain introduced in DBZ, the first Saiyan, Goku's brother, and the reveal of Goku's backstory and sets the next two arcs in motion...not iconic?

Or Dr. Gero, the creator of the Androids and Cell? Literally the main guy who sets in motion the entire Cell arc?

Granted Dabura was a glorified henchmen to Babidi, but he was cool as hell and people love the concept of a demon king. There's a reason people begged for him to be added to Xenoverse.

It's weird, back in 2000-2012 everyone thought of these characters as memorable and iconic. It's gotten to the point where Super has made people forget who the important characters are.
No one cared much for Radditz, Gero, or Dabura before Super was even a thing. Radditz was that character that was included in every game because every game had a story mode and he's the beginning of the Z story, otherwise no one really played him, no one asked to play him, no one was begging for Radditz to be in the next game. Gero was about as popular as Android 19 which is to say not very much. He's not iconic when you have 16, 17, 18, and Cell in the same arc. Dabura was also a short-lived antagonist that didn't really do much aside from fight Gohan once and then stay by Babidi's side sucking his dick about how great he was.

They're not iconic characters. Ginyu is an iconic character, as is Nappa, but very few people care about Radditz, Gero, or Dabura in the grand scheme of things. None of them did much or stuck around in their respective arcs. Ginyu and Nappa did a lot and stuck around for quite awhile. I'd still rather have other characters than Nappa and Ginyu but given the full roster hasn't been seen yet I can't make any judgement calls on whether there could be better characters to replace them.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:35 pm

Radditz is very iconic. Literally the first villain of DBZ. Everyone even remotely familiar with DBZ knows who Radditz is. There's a reason he was playable in nearly all Dragonball fighters. Seriously, what games did he miss? Probably very few.

Dr. Gero is very important. I can see why they exclude 19 because he's not very popular, but Gero should always be there. Dabura is of course the most memorable villain in the Buu arc besides Buu himself. Babidi is never included in fighters so Dabura is the next most iconic choice.

Lastly I'd argue the entire Ginyu Force, and maybe even Zarbon, should be included to, but I can understand if people would feel that would be a waste of slots.

Where have we gotten to the point where the only memorable villains are the main villains of each arc...and then people start bringing up Movie villains?

Super Saiyan Turlast x4
I Live Here

Post by Super Saiyan Turlast x4 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:45 pm

Raditz wasn't in any of the SNES Butoden games, the Arcade fighting games from the 90's, Hyper Dimension, or Super DBZ.
"First I whip it out! Then I thrust it! With great force! Every angle...! It penetrates! Until...! With great strength...! I... ram it in! In the end... We are all satisfied... And you are set free...!" ~Dante~

MainJPW
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MainJPW » Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:39 am

Dr. Gero didn't even fight, might as well include #19 over him.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:40 am

Story is looking less interesting, though the extra chapters have some potential. The map is definitely taking from the shin budokai games and budokai 2, and idea always interested me; even if it was executed like shit in those games.

Also, I burst out laughing at the scan exclaiming "Vegeta thinks about his family!?" Like a big revelation was had
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

greeZH

Post by greeZH » Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:34 am

precita wrote:Radditz is very iconic. Literally the first villain of DBZ. Everyone even remotely familiar with DBZ knows who Radditz is. There's a reason he was playable in nearly all Dragonball fighters. Seriously, what games did he miss? Probably very few.

Dr. Gero is very important. I can see why they exclude 19 because he's not very popular, but Gero should always be there. Dabura is of course the most memorable villain in the Buu arc besides Buu himself. Babidi is never included in fighters so Dabura is the next most iconic choice.

Lastly I'd argue the entire Ginyu Force, and maybe even Zarbon, should be included to, but I can understand if people would feel that would be a waste of slots.

Where have we gotten to the point where the only memorable villains are the main villains of each arc...and then people start bringing up Movie villains?
Seriously, how many times do you want to repeat yourself? We get it, they are super important. But none of the three come even close to the characters of Beerus, Black and Hit. Even less from Arc Systems POV who are mostly interested in creative gameplay. Nothing about Radditz would be interesting gameplay wise. Dr. Gero maybe his ability to absorb energy. Ok, Dabura has a sword and his spit.

ShadowBardock89
Advanced Regular

Post by ShadowBardock89 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:23 am

greeZH wrote: But none of the three come even close to the characters of Beerus, Black and Hit. Even less from Arc Systems POV who are mostly interested in creative gameplay. Nothing about Raditz would be interesting gameplay wise. Dr. Gero maybe his ability to absorb energy. Ok, Dabura has a sword and his spit.
Raditz could be the counter-based fighter that is missing from the roster now that Guldo is with Ginyu's moveset. If you watch the his fight against Goku & Piccolo, most of the fight was Raditz countering those two. I think there were only two offensive physical attacks he did in the entire arc (I'm including the "vanish and kick to the gut" move he did to Goku before Raditz took Gohan).
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=40715&start=20#p1439892
http://dba.bn-ent.net/character/barduck.html
https://i.imgur.com/86hOk5i.gif

greeZH

Post by greeZH » Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:34 am

Raditz could be the counter-based fighter that is missing from the roster now that Guldo is with Ginyu's moveset. If you watch the his fight against Goku & Piccolo, most of the fight was Raditz countering those two. I think there were only two offensive physical attacks he did in the entire arc (I'm including the "vanish and kick to the gut" move he did to Goku before Raditz took Gohan).
Yes I know how his character could be used. I read the discussion about him in this forum. But he is definitely not top priority. I wouldn't complain about any character we get in this game. So he would be fine for me. I would complain about certain characters not be in the game though. And right now these are only Beerus, Black and Hit. (Maybe not even Hit)

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:16 am

Asura wrote:
precita wrote:
Asura wrote:

No one cared much for Radditz, Gero, or Dabura before Super was even a thing. Radditz was that character that was included in every game because every game had a story mode and he's the beginning of the Z story, otherwise no one really played him, no one asked to play him, no one was begging for Radditz to be in the next game. Gero was about as popular as Android 19 which is to say not very much. He's not iconic when you have 16, 17, 18, and Cell in the same arc. Dabura was also a short-lived antagonist that didn't really do much aside from fight Gohan once and then stay by Babidi's side sucking his dick about how great he was.

They're not iconic characters. Ginyu is an iconic character, as is Nappa, but very few people care about Radditz, Gero, or Dabura in the grand scheme of things. None of them did much or stuck around in their respective arcs. Ginyu and Nappa did a lot and stuck around for quite awhile. I'd still rather have other characters than Nappa and Ginyu but given the full roster hasn't been seen yet I can't make any judgement calls on whether there could be better characters to replace them.

Bullshit.

Nappa is no more iconic than Raditz, and I've always liked Raditz he does have a fanbase.

Raditz's whole dirty fighting and wimping out can easily make a command command counter character.

I dont know about Gero being popular but there's also a fanbase for Dabura.

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:51 am

Kanassa wrote:Story is looking less interesting, though the extra chapters have some potential. The map is definitely taking from the shin budokai games and budokai 2, and idea always interested me; even if it was executed like shit in those games.

Also, I burst out laughing at the scan exclaiming "Vegeta thinks about his family!?" Like a big revelation was had

Ah but it officially confirms him as Tsundere. Of course it was obvious but still. ;)

He used to be a Saiyan Elite now he is a Tsundere elite. :lol: