"Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Olympian
Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" (PS4/XBO/PC, 2018, Arc System Works) Official Discussion Thread

Post by Olympian » Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:12 pm

Not hating any moveset in particular but yeah, SS Goku is the shoto proto of the game. The main reason I end up loving Ryo Sakazaki since the AOF games was that he was a proto shoto but with far more depth by design. Then again, AOF2 still remains one the hardest Figthers in history..definatly casual scary.
Ki Breaker wrote:

Yamcha + Roshi = Yamoshi

Coincidence? I think not

precita
Banned

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" (PS4/XBO/PC, 2018, Arc System Works) Official Discussion Thread

Post by precita » Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:46 pm

I hope Radditz is in the game just to see people complaining elsewhere about them wasting a slot on an old DBZ "weak" villain. lol

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:53 pm

precita wrote:I hope Radditz is in the game just to see people complaining elsewhere about them wasting a slot on an old DBZ "weak" villain. lol
Same so I can hear "But Muh Supah Characterz!"
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:56 pm

precita wrote:I hope Radditz is in the game just to see people complaining elsewhere about them wasting a slot on an old DBZ "weak" villain. lol
I think a valuable complaint would be that Nappa is already there to fill the slot of a Saiyan arc character, but I would have no problem with it.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Simere
Advanced Regular

Post by Simere » Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:09 pm

If SS Goku's the shoto proto, I'll be taking my meterless invincible reversal now. :( I'm not sure he even has one for 1 bar; I've heard his L1 isn't invincible.

Olympian
Regular

Post by Olympian » Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:03 am

Mind you, that`s a projection based on what i`ve seen so far, which isn`t much since I didn`t play the Beta as I`m waiting to have the finished product in my hands.
Ki Breaker wrote:

Yamcha + Roshi = Yamoshi

Coincidence? I think not

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:17 am

Kanassa wrote:
KayDash wrote:Some people are just hardcore on how all the Super characters will only appear as DLC, despite that Xenoverse 2 came with Beerus, Hit and Black (preorder), and despite how Golden Frieza, and the Zamasu arc versions (moves and design) of SSB Goku & Vegeta are already in the game, with a destroyed city stage
Xenoverse 2 has Beerus and Frieza because Xenoverse had them, and at the time they were Z-only characters. Xenoverse 2 was in development while Super was still in the retelling, Hit, Trunks and Black were only brought in due to popular demand; and even then it was clear they were an afterthought for the base game, Trunks and Black were used because it was just a simple model and move swap for the most part, and Hit was really only half done.
The Champa and Future Trunks saga ended over a year ago. I would imagine they have enough stuff to work with to add Black and Hit on the main roster by now.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

mahakaishin1991
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:41 pm

Noah wrote:
I think a valuable complaint would be that Nappa is already there to fill the slot of a Saiyan arc character, but I would have no problem with it.
we have frieza and ginyu for the namek arc
two buus
cell, 18 and 18 for the androids

I dont see an issue

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:46 pm

The game definitely needs more villains. That's why I would want Radditz and Dabura, etc.

There's really not many villains in the game.

TheDBZmaster100
Beyond Newbie

Post by TheDBZmaster100 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:14 pm

Would be a shame for them to not include in the likes of Vegetto, Dabura and Super Buu.
TrunksTrevelyan0064 wrote:
LightBing wrote: It's clear that Chiaotzu's paralysis attack replaced the Taiyoken in Tenshinhan.
Y'know, with Chiaotzu's selfdestruct move, I wouldn't be surprised if his paralysis attack is replaced with Tenshinhan's Taiyoken - IF Chiaotzu becomes unusable after selfdestructing.

I seem to remember someone mentioning Tenshinhan does actually have the Taiyoken in FighterZ, though unfortunately I don't have a source. Sooo I'll admit it is an unfounded theory. But a possibility nonetheless.

I dunno. I'll enjoy playing as him regardless. I'm happy he's in the game at all.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:10 pm

mahakaishin1991 wrote:
Noah wrote:I think a valuable complaint would be that Nappa is already there to fill the slot of a Saiyan arc character, but I would have no problem with it.
We have Freeza and Ginyu for the Namek arc, two Boos, Cell, 16 and 18 for the Androids. I dont see an issue
Sure, but that's what I meant with my last line (bold).
TheDBZmaster100 wrote:Would be a shame for them to not include in the likes of Vegetto, Dabura and Super Buu.
Actually it would be a shame to include them, we already have a lot of Boo arc characters for F's sake this ain't no XENOVERSE.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:01 pm

I think Vegetto is kind of likely but I think they'll go with the Super Saiyan version rather than Blue, since it's more iconic and memorable.

Besides the only villain from the Boo arc present is Kid Boo, I mean Fat Boo is basically also a good guy. Dabura with Babidi as one of his specials would work really well.

mahakaishin1991
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:48 am

Noah wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:
Noah wrote:I think a valuable complaint would be that Nappa is already there to fill the slot of a Saiyan arc character, but I would have no problem with it.
We have Freeza and Ginyu for the Namek arc, two Boos, Cell, 16 and 18 for the Androids. I dont see an issue
Sure, but that's what I meant with my last line (bold).
TheDBZmaster100 wrote:Would be a shame for them to not include in the likes of Vegetto, Dabura and Super Buu.
Actually it would be a shame to include them, we already have a lot of Boo arc characters for F's sake this ain't no XENOVERSE.
I know, I'm just saying, they dont seem to be wanting even numbers strictly speaking, so I dont think theres anything to stop it happening :)

TrunksTrevelyan0064
Patreon Supporter

Post by TrunksTrevelyan0064 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:07 am

Some scenes in this I don't think we've seen before (but don't expect too much):

https://twitter.com/dbgame_official/sta ... 4254856192
Usually goes by "Kevtrev" elsewhere online.
Draws comics that may or may not have been inspired by Akira Toriyama's amazing manga-making skills.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:57 am

The game cover art is really bad, I mean I can't even differentiate if it was meant to be SSJ2 Goku cause it looks like SSJ2 Gohan (Movie 9) :lol:

乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:32 am

I agree, this game deserves a better cover >:(

Olympian
Regular

Post by Olympian » Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:18 pm

TheDBZmaster100 wrote:
Wha, he`s got Solar Flare?

New (I`m guessing) comercial trailer for FigtherZ and appearantly there`s the chance Chiatzu`s sacrífice mode will look unique if the oponente is Nappa (or if hits like an air move)?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZXLk8Vm-k4
Last edited by Olympian on Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ki Breaker wrote:

Yamcha + Roshi = Yamoshi

Coincidence? I think not

Olympian
Regular

Post by Olympian » Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:20 pm

Noah wrote:The game cover art is really bad, I mean I can't even differentiate if it was meant to be SSJ2 Goku cause it looks like SSJ2 Gohan (Movie 9) :lol:

Agreed, It`s nothing uniquely cool. Not saying the artist is bad but the cover is just boring and not exciting one bit.
Ki Breaker wrote:

Yamcha + Roshi = Yamoshi

Coincidence? I think not

KayDash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KayDash » Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:47 pm

I'm not really a fan of that gradient shading...
It's funny how this game tries to copy the anime's art style as much as they can with 3D-tech, and yet they decide to sell the game with a cover that looks like nothing in the anime. :)

DarkPrince_92
I Live Here

Post by DarkPrince_92 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:07 pm

KayDash wrote:I'm not really a fan of that gradient shading...
It's funny how this game tries to copy the anime's art style as much as they can with 3D-tech, and yet they decide to sell the game with a cover that looks like nothing in the anime. :)
Thank you! Someone said it. :roll:
I am a freelance animator, check out my thangs. ART!

Check my webcomic series Off Guard now on webtoons!

PSN/Steam: DarkPrince_92