"Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

KorgDTR2000
Beyond Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" (PS4/XBO/PC, 2018, Arc System Works) Official Discussion Thread

Post by KorgDTR2000 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:26 pm

Does it really matter though? I can't think of anything less important than the boxart.

Super Saiyan Turlast x4
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" (PS4/XBO/PC, 2018, Arc System Works) Official Discussion Thread

Post by Super Saiyan Turlast x4 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:00 am

http://dba.bn-ent.net/mode/arcade.html

Arcade Mode has been added to the site.
"First I whip it out! Then I thrust it! With great force! Every angle...! It penetrates! Until...! With great strength...! I... ram it in! In the end... We are all satisfied... And you are set free...!" ~Dante~

Roronoa-pt
Beyond Newbie

Post by Roronoa-pt » Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:45 am

TheDBZmaster100 wrote:Would be a shame for them to not include in the likes of Vegetto, Dabura and Super Buu.
TrunksTrevelyan0064 wrote:
LightBing wrote: It's clear that Chiaotzu's paralysis attack replaced the Taiyoken in Tenshinhan.
Y'know, with Chiaotzu's selfdestruct move, I wouldn't be surprised if his paralysis attack is replaced with Tenshinhan's Taiyoken - IF Chiaotzu becomes unusable after selfdestructing.

I seem to remember someone mentioning Tenshinhan does actually have the Taiyoken in FighterZ, though unfortunately I don't have a source. Sooo I'll admit it is an unfounded theory. But a possibility nonetheless.

I dunno. I'll enjoy playing as him regardless. I'm happy he's in the game at all.
WTH is domination blast ? Dodonpa ?

Ranmaru Rei
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ranmaru Rei » Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:48 am

Super Saiyan Turlast x4 wrote:http://dba.bn-ent.net/mode/arcade.html

All people thought about Hit in magazine scans. It was Ginyu, actually.
At least, Beerus looks like pretty real guess.

Quebaz
Advanced Regular

Post by Quebaz » Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:12 am

Ranmaru Rei wrote:
Super Saiyan Turlast x4 wrote:http://dba.bn-ent.net/mode/arcade.html

All people thought about Hit in magazine scans. It was Ginyu, actually.
That Ginyu is in a different position than the "Hit" one, also different portrait it seems.

i.imgur.com/nI7ZxD4.jpg
A LUZ INFINITA!
Steam: Quebaz
PSN: BSSJ3
Tumblr

IM21
Banned

Post by IM21 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:44 am

There's something red on that mistery character's face. Ginyu doesn't have a red scouter, so it can't be him and he's already to te left of that guy. Hit does have red eyes, but they are not that big. Only other 2 purple characters I remember from DBZ are Appule and Cui and I am pretty sure those 2 won't make it in the game.

Rinsankajugin
Regular

Post by Rinsankajugin » Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:35 am

Ranmaru Rei wrote:All people thought about Hit in magazine scans. It was Ginyu, actually.
Actually, all this proves is that that WASN'T Ginyu in the V-Jump screenshot, because that other portrait had the character's face facing to the right, while Ginyu is facing forward.

IM21 wrote:There's something red on that mistery character's face. Ginyu doesn't have a red scouter, so it can't be him and he's already to te left of that guy. Hit does have red eyes, but they are not that big.
All of the portraits in the V-Jump screenshot had red, but now they don't for some reason.

IM21
Banned

Post by IM21 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:20 am

Rinsankajugin wrote:
IM21 wrote:There's something red on that mistery character's face. Ginyu doesn't have a red scouter, so it can't be him and he's already to te left of that guy. Hit does have red eyes, but they are not that big.
All of the portraits in the V-Jump screenshot had red, but now they don't for some reason.
Hmmm, interesting. Still have no clue. If I had to guess it would be Hit, but who knows. I hope we get the next and probably the last character reveals soon.

btw, I see u from SA, so Go Spurs Go! :D

Rinsankajugin
Regular

Post by Rinsankajugin » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:09 am

IM21 wrote:Hmmm, interesting. Still have no clue. If I had to guess it would be Hit, but who knows. I hope we get the next and probably the last character reveals soon.

btw, I see u from SA, so Go Spurs Go! :D
Thanks! And now I just realized that the Spurs won yesterday, holy shit...

But yeah, we should probably wait until Jump Festa for more news.

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:10 am

Gotenks trailer : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYl6NGQL8K8

Glad we see the kids fusing and all the transformations at the start. He looks wacky and fun.

Olympian
Regular

Post by Olympian » Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:44 am

Welp, there`s my probable fourth (because Chiatzu) member of the Strikers :twisted: he looks fun!

Still looking for kid Buu to compare..
Ki Breaker wrote:

Yamcha + Roshi = Yamoshi

Coincidence? I think not

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:59 pm

LightBing wrote:Gotenks trailer : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYl6NGQL8K8

Glad we see the kids fusing and all the transformations at the start. He looks wacky and fun.

Just like during the release of MKX the Devs are making every character look fun as F***!
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:19 pm

Is it just me or is this the first time we're seeing the ghost kamikaze attack as SSJ3's? I recall them only being in Super Saiyan form when Gotenks used them against Super Boo in the time chamber.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:31 pm

LightBing wrote:Glad we see the kids fusing and all the transformations at the start. He looks wacky and fun.
Super Gotenks 3 is usually a fun character to play in the main fighting games and this looks no different :)
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Super Saiyan Turlast x4
I Live Here

Post by Super Saiyan Turlast x4 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:13 pm

"First I whip it out! Then I thrust it! With great force! Every angle...! It penetrates! Until...! With great strength...! I... ram it in! In the end... We are all satisfied... And you are set free...!" ~Dante~

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:45 pm

Super Saiyan Turlast x4 wrote:More images of the characters and Arcade Mode.
This Arcade Mode has no 1v1 right?
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Super Saiyan Turlast x4
I Live Here

Post by Super Saiyan Turlast x4 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:47 pm

It doesn't appear to.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:43 pm

Gotenks looks perfect!! I couldn't be more satisfied with him.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
The way they animated the smash part of his Volleyball Special is nuts!
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Dbzk1999
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Dbzk1999 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:21 am

precita wrote:Is it just me or is this the first time we're seeing the ghost kamikaze attack as SSJ3's? I recall them only being in Super Saiyan form when Gotenks used them against Super Boo in the time chamber.
Budokai 3 showed them in ssj3 form

Super Saiyan Turlast x4
I Live Here

Post by Super Saiyan Turlast x4 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:36 am

They were in that filler episode inside of Boo as well.