"Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Simere
Advanced Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" (PS4/XBO/PC, 2018, Arc System Works) Official Discussion Thread

Post by Simere » Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:31 am

I hope it's not the level 3 as the trigger, by the way. That's just...thematically inappropriate. :P If you kill Kid Boo with his assist, maybe. And Vegeta has to be point. Maybe a low life percentage condition too. And the combo would have to activate the last Dragon Ball.

I never want to see it.

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" (PS4/XBO/PC, 2018, Arc System Works) Official Discussion Thread

Post by goku the krump dancer » Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:25 pm

Hoping the new Xenoverse character will be DLC for this game.
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

Supersaiyanbulla
Temporarily Banned

Post by Supersaiyanbulla » Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:42 pm

If anyone follow the Japanese twitterverse base Vegeta comes out frequently as the most requested character.

ShadowBardock89
Advanced Regular

Post by ShadowBardock89 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:55 pm

Supersaiyanbulla wrote:If anyone follow the Japanese twitterverse base Vegeta comes out frequently as the most requested character.
Is it Saiyan Saga Vegeta?
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=40715&start=20#p1439892
http://dba.bn-ent.net/character/barduck.html
https://i.imgur.com/86hOk5i.gif

Supersaiyanbulla
Temporarily Banned

Post by Supersaiyanbulla » Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:00 pm

ShadowBardock89 wrote:
Supersaiyanbulla wrote:If anyone follow the Japanese twitterverse base Vegeta comes out frequently as the most requested character.
Is it Saiyan Saga Vegeta?
Nope just current base Vegeta same with goku too(people want to use spirit Bomb).

Olympian
Regular

Post by Olympian » Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:17 pm

Simere wrote:
Saiga wrote:
Super Saiyan Turlast x4 wrote:So how does everyone think the dramatic finishes will be implemented? We see Goku doing the Genki-Dama in the scan, which isn't part of his moveset. I have a feeling that his Meteor Attack on Kid Boo with Super Saiyan 3 will likely have him revert to Base and do the Genki-Dama to finish him off. Beerus' Judgment finisher seems to have a unique cinematic on Black. Makes me think it'll be Hakai.
Sorry, which scan has Genki Dama Goku?
http://www.shonengamez.com/2017/12/13/d ... o-matches/
Oh, will everyone have dramatic cutscenes?
Ki Breaker wrote:

Yamcha + Roshi = Yamoshi

Coincidence? I think not

Olympian
Regular

Post by Olympian » Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:58 pm

Alright from the scans it seems there will be a ton of especific cutscenes towards the OG show if you finish with a certain character, like Majin Buu and the Spirit Ball, Freeza blowing Krillin, Nappa finishing Yamcha with the Saibamen and blowing him up, Gohan and Cell, etc. I`m all for it as long they`re all used and don`t single out anyone so I equaly expect to see a Vegeta blowing himself up against Fat Buu or get his broken arm against 18 or Tenshinhan and Cell. Who knows.

Will there be any cutscene the other way around I wonder? If you beat the Nappa + Saibamen with Yamcha, will there be any animation? Maybe not, the scenes are perhaps supposed to evoke sequences we already know of.

The other thing is, I`m not sure I am okay with Black and possibly Beerus getting assists. They already look like high level zoners to begin with.
Ki Breaker wrote:

Yamcha + Roshi = Yamoshi

Coincidence? I think not

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:07 pm

While I have a few ideas for what characters I'd like to main, really you are not going to know who your going to pick until you play and see which characters jell with you the most. Pretty much a given for any fighting game worth its salt.

Characters I'm likely going to try first? Frieza, Black, Hit, Beerus, Kid Buu and #21 if she's playable. One their out of the way I can try the others and see what feels right.

Team Ideas

Dark Trinity S - Frieza, Hit, Black.

Creation, Destruction, Construction - Black, Beerus, #21.

Kill You - Hit, Tien, #16.

Frieza Force - Frieza, Ginyu, Nappa.

Dark Trinity Z - Frieza, Cell, Kid Buu.

Metal Overlords - #21, #16, #18

Tag Team Champions - Ginyu, #18, Black.

Universe 7's Strongest - SSB Goku, Frieza, Beerus.

Tank Force - Nappa, #16, Buu.

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:34 pm

I hope we get some decent gameplay footage at Festa Jump. We haven't got any since that Japanese stream where they spoiled the Dragon Balls mechanic.
30 seconds trailers just aren't doing it for me.

Simere
Advanced Regular

Post by Simere » Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:26 pm

Olympian wrote:Alright from the scans it seems there will be a ton of especific cutscenes towards the OG show if you finish with a certain character, like Majin Buu and the Spirit Ball, Freeza blowing Krillin, Nappa finishing Yamcha with the Saibamen and blowing him up, Gohan and Cell, etc. I`m all for it as long they`re all used and don`t single out anyone so I equaly expect to see a Vegeta blowing himself up against Fat Buu or get his broken arm against 18 or Tenshinhan and Cell. Who knows.

Will there be any cutscene the other way around I wonder? If you beat the Nappa + Saibamen with Yamcha, will there be any animation? Maybe not, the scenes are perhaps supposed to evoke sequences we already know of.
Vegeta blowing himself up sounds hard to find a trigger to put in. Double KO? But those other two examples have naturally easy trigger conditions. Well, maybe not the Tenshinhan/Cell one since that didn't happen against Perfect Cell. Not sure how faithful they're trying to be here.
The other thing is, I`m not sure I am okay with Black and possibly Beerus getting assists. They already look like high level zoners to begin with.
They'd be no-level zoners without assists, 'cause they'd have no place on a team. :P

SS Goku zoning on point backed up by two good assists and you'd have yourself a bullet hell. Freeza's one, and I've been hoping that Beerus would be the other. Don't take that away from me.

KayDash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KayDash » Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:46 pm

Olympian wrote: The other thing is, I`m not sure I am okay with Black and possibly Beerus getting assists. They already look like high level zoners to begin with.
For Black it's a bit different, it looks like Zamasu only joins in for some special moves, so Black won't be able to move simultaneously while Zamasu is doing an assist attack.

Olympian
Regular

Post by Olympian » Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:23 pm

Simere wrote:
Olympian wrote:Alright from the scans it seems there will be a ton of especific cutscenes towards the OG show if you finish with a certain character, like Majin Buu and the Spirit Ball, Freeza blowing Krillin, Nappa finishing Yamcha with the Saibamen and blowing him up, Gohan and Cell, etc. I`m all for it as long they`re all used and don`t single out anyone so I equaly expect to see a Vegeta blowing himself up against Fat Buu or get his broken arm against 18 or Tenshinhan and Cell. Who knows.

Vegeta blowing himself up sounds hard to find a trigger to put in. Double KO? But those other two examples have naturally easy trigger conditions. Well, maybe not the Tenshinhan/Cell one since that didn't happen against Perfect Cell. Not sure how faithful they're trying to be here.
They'd be no-level zoners without assists, 'cause they'd have no place on a team. :P

SS Goku zoning on point backed up by two good assists and you'd have yourself a bullet hell. Freeza's one, and I've been hoping that Beerus would be the other. Don't take that away from me.
Haha, alright, because you said nicely, I won`t take it away from you :P
Ki Breaker wrote:

Yamcha + Roshi = Yamoshi

Coincidence? I think not

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:04 pm

Do Beerus has Whis as his assist?
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:29 pm

Do these work like Drama Pieces from Burst Limit? Because those really held the game-play of BL down.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:09 pm

Kanassa wrote:Do these work like Drama Pieces from Burst Limit? Because those really held the game-play of BL down.
My guess is it works like the Jojo game where it activates only when you will guaranteed kill someone in like some sort of canon death. Otherwise it won't happen.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:35 pm

EDIT: Wrong Thread.
Last edited by Neo-Makaiōshin on Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:40 pm

Neo-Makaiōshin wrote:Dragon Ball Origins (DS) is TFS #10 pick for best DB videogame.
https://youtu.be/QGY4fO9Kjf0
Wrong thread mate.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Kataphrut
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kataphrut » Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:12 pm

So, has anyone else started coming up with custom team themes in their head?

Team Cueball: Krillin, Tien, Nappa
Team Gluttony: Buu, Goku, Beerus
Team My Two Dads: Gohan, Goku, Piccolo
The Fighting Sabats: Vegeta, Piccolo, Yamcha
The Body Snatchers: Ginyu, Black, Cell
The God-Botherers: SSB Goku, SSB Vegeta, Trunks.
Kill Son Goku: Tien, 16, Hit. Wouldn't it be funny if all three turned out to be good Goku counter-picks?

EDIT: Oh, just noticed the post like that up top haha

Olympian
Regular

Post by Olympian » Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:29 pm

The Strikers: Yamcha, Gotenks or Majin and Tenshinhan.

Animal Spirit: Beerus, Yamcha and GokuBlue

Killing Time: Hit, Tenshinhan and #18.
Ki Breaker wrote:

Yamcha + Roshi = Yamoshi

Coincidence? I think not

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:55 am

People complained in Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 thread that Goku Black's sword was too long back when he was announced in DLC Pack 3. They nitpicked it so hard just for the sake of nitpicking.

Now I want the same ones here to complain that Goku Black's sword is in his left arm instead of the right arm, as seen in the anime and properly done in XV2. :roll: Come on, dudes, complain about this too!

We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~