"Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

NintendoBlaze53
Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" (PS4/XBO/PC, 2018, Arc System Works) Official Discussion Thread

Post by NintendoBlaze53 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:17 am

The S wrote:
    NintendoBlaze53 wrote:It's not full price in Japan. The RRP is 5800 yen which is well reduced compared to other fighters like Tekken 7 or even FighterZ.
    $52 is "reduced"? That's not very much lower than a standard game. What do games cost normally at retail?
    Going off Amazon JP. FighterZ is 8208 yen and most PS4 games range between 6000 and 9000 yen. Cross Tag Battle in Japan is around the same price as a 3DS game, I believe for USA that's $40, so expect around that price for the base game. As an Australian, console games usually RRP for AU$100 over here and FighterZ with it's 32 characters post DLC is AU$145. So even if Cross Tag Battle is the directly converted price of AU$63, as long as DLC isn't AU$77, it'll be more characters for cheaper then this game and in fact cheaper then most other current fighting games here (Injustice, Tekken, MvCI).
    "You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that's where you'll find the things more important than what you want." -Ging Freecss

If you care about opinionated/critical analysis and reviews of anime, manga and gaming products, feel free to check out my website. https://otakustance.wordpress.com/

Lord Beerus
    Namekian Warrior

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" (PS4/XBO/PC, 2018, Arc System Works) Official Discussion Thread

Post by Lord Beerus » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:40 am

Asura
    I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Asura » Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:52 pm

What a horribly dumb decision. I have a PS4 but that really blows for XBONE players. I can’t believe the people in the twitter replies saying that it’s Xbox players fault because it’s a Japanese company so they should have known it would only work on PS4 (what???) or the people saying Xbox people should be grateful it’s even releasing on their console at all.

ShadowBardock89
    Advanced Regular

Post by ShadowBardock89 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:32 pm

Asura wrote:
    What a horribly dumb decision. I have a PS4 but that really blows for XBONE players. I can’t believe the people in the twitter replies saying that it’s Xbox players fault because it’s a Japanese company so they should have known it would only work on PS4 (what???) or the people saying Xbox people should be grateful it’s even releasing on their console at all.
    The entitlement drips off of those comments is sickening.
    http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=40715&start=20#p1439892
    http://dba.bn-ent.net/character/barduck.html
    https://i.imgur.com/86hOk5i.gif

Asura

Post by Asura » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:37 pm

ShadowBardock89 wrote:
    Asura wrote:
    Are you referring to the XBOX players bitching about the beta? Because if so I think they should be entitled to the same beta PS4 gets because if these servers aren’t even working a week before the game launches then that looks pretty bad for launch if the servers don’t even work a week before.

So yeah I think they’re perfectly valid in their complaints and it has nothing to do with a false sense of entitlement.

KayDash
    Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KayDash » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:50 pm

Just out of curiousity I made a list of the characters who were playable in other ArcSys DBZ games in some version, but not in FighterZ:
    Dr. Gero
    Cooler/Meta-Cooler
    Broly
    Bardock
    Raditz

If they add a few more characters for Super representation we got 8 characters for the DLC. Not saying that's neccesarily what they will go for, but still all of them have a good chance to appear.

Phozz
    Not-So-Newbie

Post by Phozz » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:21 pm

Asura wrote:
    Zeno bless your soul

Asura

Post by Asura » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:54 pm

All of the English VAs do such a fantastic job in this game. My only complaint is Meredith McCoy’s Android 18, who sounds incredibly lifeless and bored compared to her Japanese counterpart.

Also, do the controls on the PS4 controller seem unresponsive as fuck sometimes to anyone else? I swear every single match I run into the same issue at least 3 times minimum where my special move inputs never go off. I’ve even stared at the controller to make sure I’m doing the quarter circle right and sometimes it will still fail. I heard people recommend using the D-Pad instead but how the hell do you do a quarter circle on a D-Pad?

VegettoEX
    Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:00 pm

T-The same way we did quarter circles on d-pads for eons now...?!

I absolutely would not recommend using an analog stick for a fighting game like this. You're not going to get the precision you need from your thumb on that thing, as opposed to a full fight stick and a hand controlling it. Just practice a bit on the d-pad and you'll be fine. You just kinda roll it. It's so quick.
    :: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
    :: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
    :: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Gyt Kaliba
    Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:06 pm

VegettoEX wrote:I absolutely would not recommend using an analog stick for a fighting game like this. You're not going to get the precision you need from your thumb on that thing, as opposed to a full fight stick and a hand controlling it. Just practice a bit on the d-pad and you'll be fine. You just kinda roll it. It's so quick.
    Huh. That's probably why I kept having the same problem then where it was sometimes not triggering and other times working just fine, I was trying to use the joystick too. Is it even really worth moving your character with the sticks at all then, or better to try and re-train one's hands to use just the D-pad for everything?
    AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
    Twitter
    Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Asura

Post by Asura » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:10 pm

VegettoEX wrote:T-The same way we did quarter circles on d-pads for eons now...?!

I absolutely would not recommend using an analog stick for a fighting game like this. You're not going to get the precision you need from your thumb on that thing, as opposed to a full fight stick and a hand controlling it. Just practice a bit on the d-pad and you'll be fine. You just kinda roll it. It's so quick.
    I don’t play fighting games at all, this is my first entry into the genre haha. I’ve tried rolling it but it never works for me. Do you know of any controller that has a joystick similar to the Gamecube’s? That one was really easy to do inputs on when I played Ryu in Sm4sh since it’s like octagonal.

Scsigs
    I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:10 pm

Asura wrote:
    ShadowBardock89 wrote:
    Asura wrote:
    Are you referring to the XBOX players bitching about the beta? Because if so I think they should be entitled to the same beta PS4 gets because if these servers aren’t even working a week before the game launches then that looks pretty bad for launch if the servers don’t even work a week before.

So yeah I think they’re perfectly valid in their complaints and it has nothing to do with a false sense of entitlement.
    Playstation owners have such a superiority complex over Xbox players, it's not even funny. It's more sad than anything, really. It's the same thing with Xbox FINALLY getting some Kingdom Hearts representation with 3 coming to the platform, as well as Namura talking about bringing the 1.5, 2.5, & 2.8 collection sets to the platform at some point as well. A lot of them practically paraded in the streets when it was found out the Xbox port was cancelled (for the Japanese release), thinking it was cancelled everywhere, despite Square not really favoring one console family over another & holding no loyalties, just because they don't think Xbox owners like Action RPGs & don't deserve the games. The superiority complex & the blatant stupidity from those people is just awful.
    Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
    Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
    https://twitter.com/Scsigs

Asura

Post by Asura » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:35 pm

Scsigs wrote:
    Asura wrote:
    ShadowBardock89 wrote:

Playstation owners have such a superiority complex over Xbox players, it's not even funny. It's more sad than anything, really. It's the same thing with Xbox FINALLY getting some Kingdom Hearts representation with 3 coming to the platform, as well as Namura talking about bringing the 1.5, 2.5, & 2.8 collection sets to the platform at some point as well. A lot of them practically paraded in the streets when it was found out the Xbox port was cancelled (for the Japanese release), thinking it was cancelled everywhere, despite Square not really favoring one console family over another & holding no loyalties, just because they don't think Xbox owners like Action RPGs & don't deserve the games. The superiority complex & the blatant stupidity from those people is just awful.
    It’s really quite sad that people take console wars so seriously that they wouldn’t want someone else to enjoy a game simply because they bought a different console to play video games on.

Console war people are some of the most pathetic people on the internet.

Asura

Post by Asura » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:53 pm

“Working with Cell just doesn’t feel right for some reason. I wonder why... Wink.”

I don’t understand this quote. Why does he wink?

ShadowBardock89
    Advanced Regular

Post by ShadowBardock89 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:10 am

Asura wrote:
    ShadowBardock89 wrote:
    Asura wrote:

No. I was talking about the Ps4 Elitists flaunting themselves in their tweets.
    KayDash wrote:Just out of curiousity I made a list of the characters who were playable in other ArcSys DBZ games in some version, but not in FighterZ:
    Dr. Gero
    Cooler/Meta-Cooler
    Broly
    Bardock
    Raditz

If they add a few more characters for Super representation we got 8 characters for the DLC. Not saying that's neccesarily what they will go for, but still all of them have a good chance to appear.
    I forgot they did the Supersonic Warriors series as well. I feel little better now wanting Metal Cooler in this game.
    http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=40715&start=20#p1439892
    http://dba.bn-ent.net/character/barduck.html
    https://i.imgur.com/86hOk5i.gif

Gyt Kaliba
    Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:25 am

Playing this again for a bit before I can't, and quick question - has anything been said as to if you have to have PlayStation Plus to fight people online in the full game? Cuz I don't have Plus, and yet I'm able to fight against people in the lobby just fine. Is that just for the beta, or will it hopefully be like that in the full game as well?

Also, after double checking in the one battle tutorial, I'm...actually having better luck triggering my ultimate with the stick. It's not perfect, but I'm sure nailing it a lot more than I am with the d-pad, so guess I'll stick with what I know even if it's not sure-proof (or even correct from a fighting game standpoint). :lol:
    AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
    Twitter
    Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

dario03
    Advanced Regular

Post by dario03 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:52 am

Gyt Kaliba wrote:Playing this again for a bit before I can't, and quick question - has anything been said as to if you have to have PlayStation Plus to fight people online in the full game? Cuz I don't have Plus, and yet I'm able to fight against people in the lobby just fine. Is that just for the beta, or will it hopefully be like that in the full game as well?

Also, after double checking in the one battle tutorial, I'm...actually having better luck triggering my ultimate with the stick. It's not perfect, but I'm sure nailing it a lot more than I am with the d-pad, so guess I'll stick with what I know even if it's not sure-proof (or even correct from a fighting game standpoint). :lol:
    I was wondering about plus too. Sony makes it sound like you need plus for anything that is real time so sounds like you would. Beta might just be exempt because beta. But I'm not sure.

Does anyone know if the game will have something in place to discourage rage quitting? Only played ~30 matches and 3 of them have ended in connection lost right when I won which is a bit suspicious. Only had one end mid match. Also who rage quits in a beta :lol:

Kataphrut

Post by Kataphrut » Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:20 am

Asura wrote:“Working with Cell just doesn’t feel right for some reason. I wonder why... Wink.”

That sounds like a translation issue to me.

Goku has some weird lines in the localisation. There's that, there's the "...finally" issue, and he says "You moron!" instead of the iconic "YOU FOOOOL!!" in the dramatic finish with Freeza. On the plus side, he does say "Son Goku' in his intro.

Asura

Post by Asura » Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:38 am

Kataphrut wrote:
    Asura wrote:“Working with Cell just doesn’t feel right for some reason. I wonder why... Wink.”

Goku has some weird lines in the localisation. There's that, there's the "...finally" issue, and he says "You moron!" instead of the iconic "YOU FOOOOL!!" in the dramatic finish with Freeza. On the plus side, he does say "Son Goku' in his intro.
    There's also that line where he says "I'll be sure to visit your grave." Feels really out of place for a character like Goku, that's pretty grim.

Kataphrut

Post by Kataphrut » Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:59 am

Asura wrote:
    Kataphrut wrote:

There's also that line where he says "I'll be sure to visit your grave." Feels really out of place for a character like Goku, that's pretty grim.
    Oh, I forgot about that one. Yeah, that's weird as well. And again, it's all Goku. Everybody else seems on-point.