"Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Xehanort

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Xehanort » Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:03 pm

kn83 wrote:Dude, Android 21 is arguably the best damn character introduced into the franchise in years, especially from a writers standpoint. For her backstory to her design and personalities, she is easily better written and conceived than most DB villains (and others).
...wow, I don't want to imply I devalue your opinion because I really don't. It's completely valid, but I disagree with a burning passion :lol:
"I think it's only fair that I should warn you guys. You dont stand a chance against me.", Future Trunks

ShadowBardock89
Advanced Regular

Post by ShadowBardock89 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:43 pm

Olympian wrote:Oh, I am all for alternative costumes but I think it will take some time still. Some are just way too iconic to not be made if they indeed go there:

Saiyan arc Gi Goku
Saiyan Armor Vegeta
Well, about that....
Dataminers found both of these models in the game's files. However, it is unknown if they are separate characters or costumes. The dataminers say the files indicate they are separate characters.
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=40715&start=20#p1439892
http://dba.bn-ent.net/character/barduck.html
https://i.imgur.com/86hOk5i.gif

excelhedge
Beyond Newbie

Post by excelhedge » Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:51 pm

https://youtu.be/YIcKGa6j6zQ

Ok after seeing this I don't anyone feeding me garbage lines that it's too hard make alternate costumes for characters in this game.

Android 21 in her lab coat ( granted her coat tails need to be animated out of the way)
Saiyan Saga Vegeta
18 in Casual Clothes plus a custom textured version.

It would have been nice if we different costumes! Just saying
Last edited by excelhedge on Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:01 pm

excelhedge wrote:

https://youtu.be/YIcKGa6j6zQ

Ok after seeing this I don't anyone feeding me garbage lines that it's too hard make alternate costumes for characters in this game.

Android 21 in her lab coat ( granted her coat tails need to be animated out of the way)
Saiyan Saga Vegeta

Those models lack the complex shading of the other characters (look at 0:45). Honestly, I don't care much about it because it's hard to notice the differences, which is why I don't get ArcSys obsession with super-detailed shading: I would rather have alternate costumes even if they aren't properly shaded, than have none at all.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:41 pm

If we ever get a DLC stage pack, here are my personal picks:

1. Room of Spirit and Time
2. Tournament of Power Stage (The stage can be destroyed similar to the Namek stage)
3. North Kaio Planet
4. Champa Tournament Stage
5. Kami's Lookout
6. Babidi's spaceship
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

SSJ2bardock
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2bardock » Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:17 pm

Is anyone else still getting the “no rooms found” error on ring matches? I’ve tried everything to fix it and for some reason it’s happening more to me than my friend. It even happens on arena matches where I’ll be waiting in the queue before other people and they’ll get a match first. I have a green bar connection so I really don’t know what the problem is.
PSN Stay_Slapped

Let’s play FighterZ

dario03
Advanced Regular

Post by dario03 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:41 pm

SSJ2bardock wrote:Is anyone else still getting the “no rooms found” error on ring matches? I’ve tried everything to fix it and for some reason it’s happening more to me than my friend. It even happens on arena matches where I’ll be waiting in the queue before other people and they’ll get a match first. I have a green bar connection so I really don’t know what the problem is.
Yes. Can usually fix it through a combination of me and the other players changing who makes the ring, restarting the game/system, and changing lobbies.

Lek
Beyond Newbie

Post by Lek » Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:46 am

Ever since launch I keep experiencing network errors, that kick me out of the lobby (sometimes even in the middle of a match). I can't play online for more than 10 minutes at a time. Sometimes I get logged out right after a match, sometimes while waiting to be matched in the lobby and sometimes even in the middle of a fight.

Is that a common problem that I can expect to be issued in a patch at some point or is there something wrong on my end?
I'm playing on PS4 and don't have these problems with any other games.

Hyena_Yamcha
Beyond Newbie

Post by Hyena_Yamcha » Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:36 am

SSJ2bardock wrote:Is anyone else still getting the “no rooms found” error on ring matches? I’ve tried everything to fix it and for some reason it’s happening more to me than my friend. It even happens on arena matches where I’ll be waiting in the queue before other people and they’ll get a match first. I have a green bar connection so I really don’t know what the problem is.
Restart your console and try again.
My English is poor .

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:15 am

DBZAOTA482 wrote:I just released my first video review on this game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqPcc0aw7lM
That was pretty good! But why this guy was banned tho?
Power levels are not just big numbers:

by Doctor.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:53 pm

Talking about the DLC characters

Considering how his popularity skyrocketed thanks to Super and how much material they have now to give him a different moveset from C18, I'm not seeing C17 (DBS) not being DLC.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

SSJ2bardock
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2bardock » Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:20 pm

Hyena_Yamcha wrote:
Restart your console and try again.
I have tried this as well as every other method out there, I guess I’ll just have to wait for the patch that fixes it to come out.
PSN Stay_Slapped

Let’s play FighterZ

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:10 pm

Dramatic Finishes that I think we will probably see next in the first DLC season pass:

Future Trunks Sword of Hope against Merged Zamasu (Stage: West City (Destroyed)
SSj Goku's Super Kamehameha against Coola's Death Ball (Stage: Islands)
Kaioken X3 Goku's Kamehameha against Vegeta's Galick Gun (Stage: Rocky Field (Evening) )
Goku's super punch against LSSj Broli (Stage: Wasteland (Dusk) )
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

ShadowBardock89
Advanced Regular

Post by ShadowBardock89 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:16 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:Dramatic Finishes that I think we will probably see next in the first DLC season pass:

Future Trunks Sword of Hope against Merged Zamasu (Stage: West City (Destroyed)
SSj Goku's Super Kamehameha against Coola's Death Ball (Stage: Islands)
Kaioken X3 Goku's Kamehameha against Vegeta's Galick Gun (Stage: Rocky Field (Evening) )
Goku's super punch against LSSj Broli (Stage: Wasteland (Dusk))
Not sure on the last one. The Father and Sons Kamehameha is already in the game and we might get the dramatic finish from Movie 10 of Broly being launched into the sun.
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=40715&start=20#p1439892
http://dba.bn-ent.net/character/barduck.html
https://i.imgur.com/86hOk5i.gif

Simere
Advanced Regular

Post by Simere » Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:57 pm

Dramatic Finishes I've seen in-game so far:

Ranmaru Rei
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ranmaru Rei » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:01 pm

excelhedge wrote:https://youtu.be/YIcKGa6j6zQ

Saiyan Saga Vegeta

Actually, it's hard. For instance, look on Mizumi's channel on YouTube. He's making Piccolo in casual clothes. He was fixing pants for several hours. Mods are not so detalised as ingame content. For instance SSJ3 Goku mod lacks animation for hair, has clipping issues, etc. Still it looks really good, but it's not perfect.
There is some modding projects in development. And modders says, their projects take a lot of time.

YonedgeHP
Regular

Post by YonedgeHP » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:36 pm

kn83 wrote:
Xehanort wrote:The story mode is absolute garbage, I commend them for coming up wiht an original story and the models of the characters in the cutscenes are really cool, but it's such a pain to go through. Fighting the same guys over and over again is boring at best, and madness-inducing at worst. Not to mention Android 21 is a terrible character, and the plot itself makes no sense whatsoever.

The game, though? Fantastic!
Dude, Android 21 is arguably the best damn character introduced into the franchise in years, especially from a writers standpoint. For her backstory to her design and personalities, she is easily better written and conceived than most DB villains (and others).
I disagree with this opinion in so many ways.
Between you and the Namekian I think I've lost my touch at genocide. -PSN Xenoverse 2 account: Yonedge-HP. Freeza's race Ki blast avatar: Yonedge.
Filler and canon discussions are "meh" :oops:

English is not my first language!

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:52 pm

I'm anxious for them to announce Fighterz for the Switch. I know there's rumors about Fall/Winter, but an official announcement would be nice.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Dragon Wukong
Regular

Post by Dragon Wukong » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:31 pm

excelhedge wrote:https://youtu.be/YIcKGa6j6zQ

Saiyan Saga Vegeta

That's the thing though, they'd have to animate the lab coat for each of her animations. Not to mention the fact her tail attacks are invisible.
Saiyan Saga Vegeta IS meant to be playable, as Base Vegeta was leaked for DLC and that costume doesn't appear anywhere else, so I'd argue that doesn't count. Even then, it's clearly not meant for the Super Vegeta fightstyle because at several points it clips like CRAZY.
18 in casual clothes has a weirdly noticeable long neck.
Even muscular Frieza looks REALLY weird in some attacks.

The fact is, they would need to redo a lot of animations for alternate costumes due to the way the models are modified for certain attacks and meant for their specific models. You can choose to personally modify or switch out the models, but unless you also put in the extra work to make sure characters don't look off-model in certain frames it won't have that extra touch of perfection that ArcSys is trying to guarantee with their signature engine and graphics.

I'm not saying we won't get costumes, but anyone trying to use these videos as proof it wouldn't require extra work and animations only proves that it actually would. It still might be less work than making a whole new fighter though.

tinlunlau
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by tinlunlau » Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:44 am

Base form Vegeta with pink shirt, make it happen!
The world is your's.