"Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

KorgDTR2000
Beyond Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Post by KorgDTR2000 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:55 pm

Broly looks great, although I'm disappointed by the visuals of his attacks. I dunno how Budokai 3 is still the game that's done them best after 14 years.

Super Saiyan Turlast x4
I Live Here

Post by Super Saiyan Turlast x4 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:43 pm

That wasn't Broly's Lvl3, right?
"First I whip it out! Then I thrust it! With great force! Every angle...! It penetrates! Until...! With great strength...! I... ram it in! In the end... We are all satisfied... And you are set free...!" ~Dante~

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:44 pm

KorgDTR2000 wrote:Broly looks great, although I'm disappointed by the visuals of his attacks. I dunno how Budokai 3 is still the game that's done them best after 14 years.
Probably the artstyle. While FighterZ is great with it's 2.5D artstyle, Budokai 3 looks like the anime or manga in 3D & the attacks look amazing, even over a decade later, especially thanks to the HD collection. They're flashy & translate the attacks into 3D really well also. FighterZ is in 2.5D, with attacks that look good, but not as great as Budokai 3, though that's up to opinion, of course.
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

Hyena_Yamcha
Beyond Newbie

Post by Hyena_Yamcha » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:18 pm

Super Saiyan Turlast x4 wrote:That wasn't Broly's Lvl3, right?
I really hope its not.
My English is poor .

BrolyKale
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrolyKale » Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:20 am

Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:54 pm

Broly's Ultimate might be his Giant Buster. They did that with his SSJ3 form as well. It is that move where he kicks Piccolo away and throws a ki blast at him in the sky.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:01 pm

Draconic wrote:Broly has the best theme in this game.
And he looks amazing, I can't wait to pwn players with him.
Power levels are not just big numbers:

by Doctor.

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:33 pm

New patch coming on the 16th. Save your replays guys they are going to be erased again.

[spoiler]Dragon Ball FighterZ is about to get even Better!
Following our announced improvement roadmap, we are thrilled to reveal the upcoming release of a new patch that will greatly improve Ring matches, fix gameplay exploits and add new features!

Read the full patch note below for more details and get ready for the release on March 16th.
MODES
REPLAY CHANNEL: To enable implementation of the below gameplay adjustments (see “GAMEPLAY” section), recorded data from Replay Channel will be erased
WORLD MATCH: Changed rematch system to 3 matches in both Ranked and Casual World Match
RING MATCHES: Improved match-making and server stability

GAMEPLAY
SSGSS GOKU: Fixed a bug that makes “x10 Kaioken Kamehameha” combo continue even if the opponent gets away from the attacks
CAPTAIN GINYU: Fixed a bug that makes Ginyu Force members collide with the opponent character and sometimes interrupts the latter’s attacks
NAPPA: Fixed a bug that makes Saibamen collide with the opponent character and sometimes interrupts the latter’s attacks
ALL CHARACTERS: Fixed a bug that makes characters float in the air if Dragon Rush Clash happens when landing from mid-air back step
ALL CHARACTERS: Fixed a bug that makes main characters say the wrong name when calling a Z-Change or Z-Assist
ALL CHARACTERS: Fixed a bug that alters the hit box of Z-Assist characters under certain circumstances
HIT/SSGSS GOKU/SSGSS VEGETA: Fixed a bug that triggers Z-Change voice over dialogues instead of Z-Assist ones

NEW FEATURES
Z-UNION: Added Z-Union feature that enables players to join “Unions” (fan clubs) of their favorite character and get special rewards. And the longer you stay in a Union, the better the rewards become.
GAME LOBBY: Added the possibility to leave the Lobby by using the stairs at the entrance
OFFLINE LOBBY: Added option to enter the Offline Lobby from title screen
[/spoiler]

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:45 pm

Finally getting alright with the game. One of the best advices I can give to people who are trying to get good, is remember this is a Dragonball Game learn the mechanics, Vanishes and regular Ki Attacks are your friend.

I just wish there were two changes in the game. The first one: Non Command Grabs. I still haven't got around to use Rush Grab reliably. I know, I should learn the mechanics, but that dash is so short, and doesn't always connect when it looks like it should. It would be nice to have an option to hold back and press Right Shoulder Pad 1 to grab the opponent. It doesn't even need to have a force tag option with Left Shoulder Pad 1 or Pad 2, just allow non command grabs to be used.

The second, switch Tenshinhan's Crane Strike and Krillin's Solar Flare, and not just because Solar Flare is Tenshinhan's move. Krillin's attacks are full of feints and defensive moves, and Tenshinhan's attacks are full of aggressive techniques and health draining moves. Krillin could use a dive kicking move that will make him more deadly, and Tehnshinhan could use a more reliable defensive art because lets be honest, Telekinesis doesn't last long enough, fails 1 in 3, and you're going to lose that move once you fill 3 energy gauges.

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:43 am

Currently the number 1 game at EVO. Could it be the one to displace Street Fighter 5?
https://twitter.com/MrWiz/status/973659377117798400

We also have Final Round this week. SonicFox vs GO1 should be hype for those who follow the scene.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:09 pm

-Broly's trailer-

Considering how faithful ASW is being with the source material, I'm disappointed his intro isn't his iconic transformation scene.
I actually thought that would be a given.

He looks like an update version of A16. If there are two characters I'm still having trouble to fight against is Android 16 and Kid Buu.
Things are about to get more troublesome soon.

His level 3 is okay, but I expect it to look better in the final version just like Adult Gohan lv3 kamehameha did.
Needless to say, I'm expecting them to update the game with a dramatic finisher whenever you beat Broly with Goku/Adult Gohan.

His third outfit has kale's colors:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
I like it, because I never expected her to be playable. It shoud be either Caulifla + Kale as assist or Kefla.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Nevaeh
Beyond Newbie

Post by Nevaeh » Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:56 am

Broly's transformation is just not the same without Pantera

KayDash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KayDash » Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:26 am

FortuneSSJ wrote:-Broly's trailer-

Considering how faithful ASW is being with the source material, I'm disappointed his intro isn't his iconic transformation scene.
I actually thought that would be a given.
His intro is still based on a scene from the movie. Yeah, I like his transformation too, and there's no reason to leave it out, except if it's a dramatic intro for him, which is likely the reason, but we will see...
Also, it's not like they can't change it later, they did it with Freeza. He had his form 1 stance in his original intro, then some months later it's changed to his form 4 pose with a new animation.

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:31 am

They will add two dramatic finishes one for Broly and another for Bardock. I'm glad they aren't just shoving characters in but are giving us this material.
Didn't they promised DLC dates? I'm 99% sure, have we been lied to?

Also waifus commentary is coming. Pretty cute they are biased towards their loved ones, curious to see what Chi-chi says.

http://www.shonengamez.com/2018/03/16/g ... hs-v-jump/
http://www.shonengamez.com/2018/03/16/d ... -pack-dlc/

KayDash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KayDash » Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:40 am

LightBing wrote:They will add two dramatic finishes one for Broly and another for Bardock. I'm glad they aren't just shoving characters in but are giving us this material.

Also waifus commentary is coming. Pretty cute they are biased towards their loved ones, curious to see what Chi-chi says.

Wow, that's... anti-climatic.
I expected a release date, as they promised last time, and maybe reveals for two new DLC characters.
At this point the Season 2 DLC rumors are more then unlikely, there's no way that Season 1 finishes in july. Unless they start releasing 2 new chars per month from april.

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:12 pm

LightBing wrote:They will add two dramatic finishes one for Broly and another for Bardock. I'm glad they aren't just shoving characters in but are giving us this material.

So looks like the Bardock dramatic finish will be with Frieza. My guess is the Broly one will be against Goku, Gohan, and Goten so we get that Family Kamehameha finish

Ranmaru Rei
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ranmaru Rei » Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:13 pm

If Tsuru Hiromi-san was alive, we would have Bulma as well for Comentator Pack. RIP.

KayDash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KayDash » Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:34 pm

MKCSTEALTH wrote: So looks like the Bardock dramatic finish will be with Frieza. My guess is the Broly one will be against Goku, Gohan, and Goten so we get that Family Kamehameha finish
Huh?
The scan straight out shows Goku's dramatic against Broly.

EDIT: Although I admit it's not that obvious, but look at this: [spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Now look at the scan, and you will see.
It is this move: http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Miracle_Blow

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:40 pm

A more accurate name for that "Miracle Blow" finisher would be Shonen Blow. :P
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:54 pm

KayDash wrote:
MKCSTEALTH wrote: So looks like the Bardock dramatic finish will be with Frieza. My guess is the Broly one will be against Goku, Gohan, and Goten so we get that Family Kamehameha finish
Huh?
The scan straight out shows Goku's dramatic against Broly.

EDIT: Although I admit it's not that obvious, but look at this: [spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Now look at the scan, and you will see.
It is this move: http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Miracle_Blow
Whoops! I was viewing on mobile and I couldn't see it very well!

I honestly like that move a lot better! That's gonna be awesome!