"Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Post by jeffbr92 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:10 pm

BrolyKale wrote:Broly anime reference https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpTV0TW0oN8
I particularly love these videos, it's always nice to see games picking up these references.
Power levels are not just big numbers:

by Doctor.

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:02 pm

I don't know if anyone watched the exhibition match between Sonic Fox vs GO1, damn it was hype! Best FighterZ match I ever saw and highest level of play. It even reach 30k viewers on twitch.
For those who don't know Sonic Fox is the best USA player while GO1 is the best Japanese player. There was a lot of build for this match with some friendly smack talk, etc.

There's a chance for a rematch this weekend.

For anyone who wants to have a look : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KimaiR1xHY

In other news the scans earlier today were translated and the date is "Spring 2018" for the DLC, so yeah...

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:40 pm

LightBing wrote:I don't know if anyone watched the exhibition match between Sonic Fox vs GO1, damn it was hype! Best FighterZ match I ever saw and highest level of play. It even reach 30k viewers on twitch.
For those who don't know Sonic Fox is the best USA player while GO1 is the best Japanese player. There was a lot of build for this match with some friendly smack talk, etc.

For anyone who wants to have a look : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KimaiR1xHY

In other news the scans earlier today were translated and the date is "Spring 2018" for the DLC, so yeah...
Did Sonic win Fighterz atFinal Round this year?
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:17 am

goku the krump dancer wrote:
LightBing wrote:I don't know if anyone watched the exhibition match between Sonic Fox vs GO1, damn it was hype! Best FighterZ match I ever saw and highest level of play. It even reach 30k viewers on twitch.

Did Sonic win Fighterz atFinal Round this year?
Final Round is this weekend.

You can watch here(Eastern time):
https://www.twitch.tv/funkyp Pools; stars at 10am Saturday.
https://www.twitch.tv/bifuteki Top 32; starts 6pm Saturday.
https://www.twitch.tv/bifuteki Top 8; starts 1:30pm Sunday.

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:01 am

Oh my god he got MOPPED! Always refreshing to see Fox lose, only because he wins so damn much lol. Thought it was gonna be closer seeing how Sonic Fox started out so strong. I think its interesting, Fox is probably top ten American Fighting game players (he's extremely consistent with his victories). Yet every time he meets someone from over seas its always a bad day or Super rough competition lol. Though that can said about any American player. Its just in this case this Sonic Fox's first time serously competiting in a game that has a major far east player base (Something that Mortal Kombat lacks).
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

Kodoshin
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Kodoshin » Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:27 am

goku the krump dancer wrote:Oh my god he got MOPPED! Always refreshing to see Fox lose, only because he wins so damn much lol. Thought it was gonna be closer seeing how Sonic Fox started out so strong. I think its interesting, Fox is probably top ten American Fighting game players (he's extremely consistent with his victories). Yet every time he meets someone from over seas its always a bad day or Super rough competition lol. Though that can said about any American player. Its just in this case this Sonic Fox's first time serously competiting in a game that has a major far east player base (Something that Mortal Kombat lacks).
He's played in a few big tournies with Japanese player bases before. In the early days of SFV he was a Fang main. He quit on SFV before the 6 month mark though I think.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:19 am

So Bamco are being absolute bastards and not giving out the advertised #21 gear to non Japan XV2 players.

Is the same true about the Chronoa lobby avatar?

Also any word yet on if the new DLC has more story mode? When is it out?
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:17 am

TobyS wrote:So Bamco are being absolute bastards and not giving out the advertised #21 gear to non Japan XV2 players.
So far, every suggestion of that has been utter bullshit. Sources, please.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Super Saiyan Turlast x4
I Live Here

Post by Super Saiyan Turlast x4 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:16 pm

Considering Black and Hit weren't in the story, I highly doubt the DLC characters will expand it in any way.

I'd like a release date for the characters.
"First I whip it out! Then I thrust it! With great force! Every angle...! It penetrates! Until...! With great strength...! I... ram it in! In the end... We are all satisfied... And you are set free...!" ~Dante~

kn83
Banned

Post by kn83 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:18 pm

Super Saiyan Turlast x4 wrote:Considering Black and Hit weren't in the story, I highly doubt the DLC characters will expand it in any way.

They might announce a fourth story mode for dlc later on.

Kodoshin
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Kodoshin » Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:09 pm

kn83 wrote:
Super Saiyan Turlast x4 wrote:Considering Black and Hit weren't in the story, I highly doubt the DLC characters will expand it in any way.

I think I love this game more anybody on the planet, but even I recoil at the idea of shelling out $$$ for more of the type of story mode this game has. I think that when it comes to DLC I'd expect them to stick to their strengths and have it be stuff on the actual fighting side.

Hyena_Yamcha
Beyond Newbie

Post by Hyena_Yamcha » Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:09 pm

Kodoshin wrote:
kn83 wrote:

I think I love this game more anybody on the planet, but even I recoil at the idea of shelling out $$$ for more of the type of story mode this game has. I think that when it comes to DLC I'd expect them to stick to their strengths and have it be stuff on the actual fighting side.
I agree , especially since the story mode is probably the worst thing in this game.
My English is poor .

kn83
Banned

Post by kn83 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:26 pm

Hyena_Yamcha wrote:
Kodoshin wrote:
kn83 wrote:
I agree , especially since the story mode is probably the worst thing in this game.
Don't be so sure though. As a lot of fans/players that like A21 would want a f4th story mode that takes place after the 3rd.

ShadowBardock89
Advanced Regular

Post by ShadowBardock89 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:36 pm

kn83 wrote:

I would like a separate story for the characters left out of the main story, along with the DLC characters.
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=40715&start=20#p1439892
http://dba.bn-ent.net/character/barduck.html
https://i.imgur.com/86hOk5i.gif

tinlunlau
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by tinlunlau » Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:14 pm

Starting to play this game less often now due to having to go through the story mode twice. Especially having just picked up the Chinese subtitled version of Hokuto Ga Gotoku for the ps4 this weekend. Barely touched it due to my schedule at work.

Broly better come quick!
The world is your's.

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:59 pm

Off-Camera secrets in DBFighterZ

https://youtu.be/wfL8s5FJoJc
Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:31 am

Lol I sold this game and my Xbox for a ps4 and the show 18 (pre order), but I had a decently good time with it. Didn't love it, but it was solid, and it was good for a db fighter.
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:31 am

So, when the truly interesting trailer is gonna be released? I mean Bardock's trailer, obviously.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

A21Fan

Post by A21Fan » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:37 am

kn83 wrote:
Hyena_Yamcha wrote:
Kodoshin wrote:
Don't be so sure though. As a lot of fans/players that like A21 would want a f4th story mode that takes place after the 3rd.
I would be very happy if they made a 4th story mode where 21 either wins or atleast survives. (Maybe a future timeline?)

kn83
Banned

Post by kn83 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:30 pm

A21Fan wrote:
kn83 wrote:
Hyena_Yamcha wrote:
I would be very happy if they made a 4th story mode where 21 either wins or atleast survives. (Maybe a future timeline?)
So would I. A21 would make a great Z-fighter.