"Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Grimlock » Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:04 pm

Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:43 pm

Well, I'd be surprised if we didn't.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:55 pm

That's pretty much a given. I'm more interested in seeing if we'll get more XV2 DLC.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

AgitoZ
Temporarily Banned

Post by AgitoZ » Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:01 pm

Merged Zamasu confirmed in V Jump.

If you're not here soon... GET ON!

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:22 pm

Oh that's cool. At least much better than the predictable and boring choices of Bardock and Broly.

Logania
Regular

Post by Logania » Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:01 pm

*hears SupremeKai25 squeeing in the distance*

Wow, he looks pretty damn cool! Maybe have team God (Beerus, Black, Zamasu) I just hope he's not a zoner type character.
"I can't increase my ability through some kind of noisy transformation the way Frost and you Saiyans do. If I wanna become more lethal, I don't have the luxury of cutting corners, I just have to do it the old-fashioned way.

Combat is craft. What matters most is not raw power, but the skill by which you hone it."

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:06 pm

Logania wrote:*hears SupremeKai25 squeeing in the distance*

Wow, he looks pretty damn cool! Maybe have team God (Beerus, Black, Zamasu) I just hope he's not a zoner type character.
Definitely a zoner taking into account his slow speed, high special stat and one of his specials skills, he can apparently float.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:25 pm

Much like Rosé, Merged Zamasu (in the anime) felt like his attacks were designed to be in a videogame; I'm happy he's joining the roster!

Also still waiting and hoping on that Nintendo Switch port announcement (maybe at E3?). I want this game on handheld so bad!
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Logania
Regular

Post by Logania » Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:28 pm

LightBing wrote:

Definitely a zoner taking into account his slow speed, high special stat and one of his specials skills, he can apparently float.
My fighting game kryptonite. Can never play zoners ever, i dont have the patience lol

Well, time to cross him off my character list.
"I can't increase my ability through some kind of noisy transformation the way Frost and you Saiyans do. If I wanna become more lethal, I don't have the luxury of cutting corners, I just have to do it the old-fashioned way.

Combat is craft. What matters most is not raw power, but the skill by which you hone it."

dario03
Advanced Regular

Post by dario03 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:40 pm

Have you guys been getting weird lag lately? Not the typical high frame delay type lag that actually says something like 9 frames but an increase in matches that say its at 3 frames but it feels you're under water. Matches where the connection should be great but its very jerky the entire time or feels like there is almost a full second of delay between pressing a button and something happening, or it just not responding at all.
FortuneSSJ wrote:The ranking system is screwed up:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
I won two rounds against that guy and I only earned that much. Considering how big the BP gap is between us, I should have won much more and he lose much more. :roll:
Is there an explanation for the rank system? Its always seemed a bit odd to me since sometimes the points don't seem to make sense. I had thought maybe it had to do with your performance in the match. However earlier I played a guy who had almost 15% more points than me but same rank and when he won he got more points than when I won even though the matches ended with about the same life amount. And then later I noticed that when a guy ranked lower beat me he got ~4500 points but when I beat a guy ranked above me I only got about ~2800. Are there other things at play, like streaks, different points for later set matches?

Nevaeh
Beyond Newbie

Post by Nevaeh » Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:59 am

LightBing wrote:

Lets hope not or else he's pretty much confirmed to be shit tier just like Beerus and Frieza

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:03 am

Great, my most favourite FInal Fantasy Sephiroth-Xehanort ripoff Dragon Ball character of all time and I don't have the game anymore.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:06 am

Nice to see Merged Zamasu made it in. He has an incredible versatile move-set (at least in the anime), which should make his unique and fun player to mess around with.

BanterTheGreat

Post by BanterTheGreat » Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:17 am

While i like that Merged Zamasu is in, it makes me sad that he has the design of the Anime, he probably won't have any cool moves from the manga aswell :/

BrolyKale
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrolyKale » Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:24 am

Image :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:29 am

BanterTheGreat wrote:While i like that Merged Zamasu is in, it makes me sad that he has the design of the Anime, he probably won't have any cool moves from the manga aswell :/
What cool moves from the manga? He could only throw cubes and do a portal grab. That could even be added to this anime model in the game. Oh yeah, well. I guess one could count that giant energy ball that Goku had to block in the manga. Maybe even that desperation punch but that is me absolutely stretching what one could get from this guy.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

Ranmaru Rei
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ranmaru Rei » Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:03 am

He will have floating with 8-way movement. So, it's DBFZ version of MvC Magneto, looks like.

majinwarman
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by majinwarman » Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:52 am

Now that it has been a four months, do anyone believe that this game can last past a year in its lifetime? Do you think in two years you will continue to play this game ?
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:04 am

majinwarman wrote:Now that it has been a four months, do anyone believe that this game can last past a year in its lifetime? Do you think in two years you will continue to play this game ?
Absolutely. Fighting games with solid fundamentals that encourage learning and growth are played for many, many years. It's fun to play, it's fun to win, it's fun to lose, it's fun to experiment, it's fun to chill out with, and it's fun to share with people.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:08 am

VegettoEX wrote:
majinwarman wrote:Now that it has been a four months, do anyone believe that this game can last past a year in its lifetime? Do you think in two years you will continue to play this game ?
Absolutely. Fighting games with solid fundamentals that encourage learning and growth are played for many, many years. It's fun to play, it's fun to win, it's fun to lose, it's fun to experiment, it's fun to chill out with, and it's fun to share with people.
I definitely agree I would be shocked if people weren't playing this a couple years out from release. Especially with things like Leffen being a big player of it is bringing people over from the Melee community, and the fact that fighting game fans and Dragon Ball fans are coming together makes for a pretty big audience. On top of that, the game has a ton of DLC planned to keep the game even more fresh.

Also I thought you just scolded people and just did Moderator type things I didn't realize you just give your opinion like a normal poster too