"Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:39 pm

Super Saiyan Turlast x4 wrote:I'm interested in seeing the Base Saiyans in action.

A Kaio-Ken install for Goku would be great.
On a side-note, I've updated my moveset concepts for Base Goku and Vegeta greatly:

https://dhochoyblog.wordpress.com/2018/ ... -fighterz/
https://dhochoyblog.wordpress.com/2018/ ... -fighterz/
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:48 am

I can't find where I read it a bit ago now, but I saw something about the Japanese release's pre-order for the Switch version coming with a digital download code for the original Super Butoden, has this been confirmed? And if so, what do you think are chances are of the Switch version here having that as well? Usually I'd think the chances were low as hell, but we DID get Super Butoden 2 as a gift via Extreme Butoden, so...it's not entirely impossible either.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:52 am

Gyt Kaliba wrote:I can't find where I read it a bit ago now, but I saw something about the Japanese release's pre-order for the Switch version coming with a digital download code for the original Super Butoden, has this been confirmed? And if so, what do you think are chances are of the Switch version here having that as well? Usually I'd think the chances were low as hell, but we DID get Super Butoden 2 as a gift via Extreme Butoden, so...it's not entirely impossible either.
Yes and yes (international link forthcoming, but confirmed).
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:56 am

Dammit, why did I not think to check the main site to see if it had anything on it too. :lol: Awesome to know it's confirmed to be heading west as well then! All the more reason for me to pick up a Switch copy of the game as well. Actually, hell, that'd be my main reason really. Now we just need a game to eventually throw in Super Butoden 3 as a bonus, and we'll have the trilogy re-released.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Thanos
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Thanos » Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:34 pm

Is there any chance Super Butouden won’t have replaced music? Honestly if it has a replacement score (which it probably will) that would definitely take a lot of points off. Not as great an OST as SB2, but still great.
Thanos before Thanos was cool.

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:40 pm

Thanos wrote:Is there any chance Super Butouden won’t have replaced music? Honestly if it has a replacement score (which it probably will) that would definitely take a lot of points off. Not as great an OST as SB2, but still great.
It's already confirmed to have replacement music.

(Hi, I run a website y'all might be familiar with...! :D :D :D)
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

KinguKurimuzon
Beyond Newbie

Post by KinguKurimuzon » Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:57 am

VegettoEX wrote:
Thanos wrote:Is there any chance Super Butouden won’t have replaced music? Honestly if it has a replacement score (which it probably will) that would definitely take a lot of points off. Not as great an OST as SB2, but still great.

I wonder how that works. Do they still have the source code for the Butoden games so they can directly swap out the soundtrack, or are they doing some complicated shit with the emulator like muting the regular music and playing new music based on context? Who even composed this soundtrack?
"Are you trying to impress me with your transformation sequence?" - Mashymre Cello

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:01 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:FighterZ Switch is coming out in September, at least in Japan.
I hope the game stays the same as it is on other consoles, I heard rumours about Nintendo intending to include unnecessary stuff.
Power levels are not just big numbers:

by Doctor.

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Sun Jun 24, 2018 5:11 pm

I forgot who the other character along Cooler and regular Krusty-O V n' G is supposed to be DLC and a cursory search didn't tell me anything. Anybody remember?
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sun Jun 24, 2018 5:26 pm

The S wrote:I forgot who the other character along Cooler and regular Krusty-O V n' G is supposed to be DLC and a cursory search didn't tell me anything. Anybody remember?
17. Seems the theme there is brothers.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Cold Skin
I Live Here

Post by Cold Skin » Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:47 am

A little question: in your English / American version, is the term "SSGSS" written in-game?
In the French version, all instances of this form mention either "Super Saiyan Blue" or "SSB", there is no mention of "SSGSS" anywhere (it was basically just a placeholder term that is still being used in promos for some weird reason, when it was clearly renamed SSB even in-universe).

Since we see "SSGSS" in official trailers, I wonder if it also made its way into the English version as well, because there's no trace of it in the French version.
KinguKurimuzon wrote:
VegettoEX wrote:

I wonder how that works. Do they still have the source code for the Butoden games so they can directly swap out the soundtrack, or are they doing some complicated shit with the emulator like muting the regular music and playing new music based on context? Who even composed this soundtrack?
You know, the question of the composer is something I wondered even when Super Butoden 2 had a replacement score. They would probably not modify the game to the point of writing a new composer in the credits, but who knows?

I'm also surprised that, with the numerous in-game OSTs people compile by themselves on YouTube, nobody has even made a "replacement score" OST from Super Butoden 2, when the music was probably meant to be a believable soundtrack covering the original's style, making it an interesting OST by default. It's weird that there's no "alternate OST" (or should I say "alternative OST"? Not sure about the right term...) compiled by someone, somewhere.

Let's hope someone compiles the "new Super Butoden" OST for this one, if only for the curiosity of those who knew the original OST from back then.

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:59 am

Cold Skin wrote:A little question: in your English / American version, is the term "SSGSS" written in-game?
In the French version, all instances of this form mention either "Super Saiyan Blue" or "SSB", there is no mention of "SSGSS" anywhere (it was basically just a placeholder term that is still being used in promos for some weird reason, when it was clearly renamed SSB even in-universe).

Since we see "SSGSS" in official trailers, I wonder if it also made its way into the English version as well, because there's no trace of it in the French version.
Yes, it has essentially always/still been written in full as "Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan" or abbreviated as such to "SSGSS" in the video games' English scripts/text. I can't speak to any English dub dialog.

Our explanation continues to be that "Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan" — the original name given to the form in Resurrection 'F' materials — is the "formal" name for the form/stage/transformation, while "Super Saiyan Blue" is the in-universe "nickname" for it. Going by how Toyotaro wrote things in chapter five of the manga, I would venture that he feels (knows?) the same.
Cold Skin wrote:I'm also surprised that, with the numerous in-game OSTs people compile by themselves on YouTube, nobody has even made a "replacement score" OST from Super Butoden 2, when the music was probably meant to be a believable soundtrack covering the original's style, making it an interesting OST by default. It's weird that there's no "alternate OST" (or should I say "alternative OST"? Not sure about the right term...) compiled by someone, somewhere.
I provided a sample back when it was first out. It's not really my place to distribute the music in whole, though.

Ranmaru Rei
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ranmaru Rei » Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:12 am

Was any news about upcoming DLC?

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:44 am

VegettoEX wrote: Yes, it has essentially always/still been written in full as "Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan" or abbreviated as such to "SSGSS" in the video games' English scripts/text. I can't speak to any English dub dialog.

Our explanation continues to be that "Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan" — the original name given to the form in Resurrection 'F' materials — is the "formal" name for the form/stage/transformation, while "Super Saiyan Blue" is the in-universe "nickname" for it. Going by how Toyotaro wrote things in chapter five of the manga, I would venture that he feels (knows?) the same.
In game dialogue in XV2 in the DLCs refer to it as Blue in Japanese.

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:34 am

It's been a long time coming... but it's finally here:

https://dhochoyblog.wordpress.com/2018/ ... -fighterz/ (Dabura Moveset Concept)

I might make a video based on this as well.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:34 pm

DBZAOTA482 wrote:It's been a long time coming... but it's finally here:

https://dhochoyblog.wordpress.com/2018/ ... -fighterz/ (Dabura Moveset Concept)

I might make a video based on this as well.
Nice job. Makes me sad he isn't in the game. Let's hope for a Season 2 DLC.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:03 pm

Ranmaru Rei wrote:Was any news about upcoming DLC?
No. Maybe next month.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Cold Skin
I Live Here

Post by Cold Skin » Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:55 pm

VegettoEX wrote: Yes, it has essentially always/still been written in full as "Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan" or abbreviated as such to "SSGSS" in the video games' English scripts/text. I can't speak to any English dub dialog.

I see. Then it is indeed specific to the French version to replace all of those instances by the more frequent and simpler "SSB" or "Super Saiyan Blue" in Fighterz.
Other games like Dokkan Battle sometimes have it written with the second "Super Saiyan" term replaced by "SS", basically resulting in what would be "Super Saiyan God SS" in English to avoid the awkward repetition.

I guess it would be hard to cover the official French version of the "SSGSS" name in video games because it is more specific and trying to make sense of the original, making it fairly long: it was clarified into "Super Saiyan stage of the Super Saiyan God state" in all French publications using it (the Resurrection 'F' Anime Comics guide and the DBS manga dialogue), which is likely a bit long to fit the alloted place on the screen and can't be shortened properly either.

Because of that and since the French audience has no official primary source fitting with some "SSGSS" kind of abreviation, the translator probably picked the simpler name to shorten it as "SSB" instead.
VegettoEX wrote: I provided a sample back when it was first out. It's not really my place to distribute the music in whole, though.
Cool, that's enough to get an idea. Whoever the composer is, he's apparently tasked with trying to stick to the original tempo, sounds, style and ambiance for each individual track. It must really be like "transform it just enough so that we'll avoid problems, but make it so that it could pretty much be the original track if you simply changed all the notes and switched a few arrangements here and there".

It's astonishing how it tries to stick to the original intent and arrangements as much as possible even with a different melody, you could basically recognize what track it's supposed to replace.

MisteryOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MisteryOne » Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:00 am

Kinda surprised we still don't have info on the new DLCs. I mean I won't buy the base saiyans just like I didn't buy anyone who is not named Zamasu, but the sooner they come out the sooner I will be able to get 17.

As a random question, how do people think they would implement Ultra Instict if we ever get a second wave of DLCs? How would the dodge mechanic work? Maybe Goku could start in Omen and have a temporal transformation like Frieza?
English is not my first language. Please excuse my gramatical mistakes.

mahakaishin1991
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:09 pm

MisteryOne wrote:Kinda surprised we still don't have info on the new DLCs. I mean I won't buy the base saiyans just like I didn't buy anyone who is not named Zamasu, but the sooner they come out the sooner I will be able to get 17.

As a random question, how do people think they would implement Ultra Instict if we ever get a second wave of DLCs? How would the dodge mechanic work? Maybe Goku could start in Omen and have a temporal transformation like Frieza?
I think it should be a special. An auto dodge mechanic that drains meter for his dodging and then when he burns out he gets hit.