"Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

User avatar
mute_proxy
Regular
Posts: 689
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:09 am
Location: Planet 4032-877

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Postby mute_proxy » Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:50 am

mahakaishin1991 wrote:
I'm not to sure on the no movie characters thing. Janemba at least has a strong fanbase requesting him. I dont think theres many theyd use now though.

Perhaps Bojack and Janemba but right now youd be treading on Turles, Slug and Hatchiyak (not that i have a problem with any of these) but I think theyd go for something more diverse, like Super content


I meant the upcoming movie specifically. It's very likely they'll include other Z movie characters

mahakaishin1991
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1164
Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:32 am

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Postby mahakaishin1991 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:00 am

mute_proxy wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:
I'm not to sure on the no movie characters thing. Janemba at least has a strong fanbase requesting him. I dont think theres many theyd use now though.

Perhaps Bojack and Janemba but right now youd be treading on Turles, Slug and Hatchiyak (not that i have a problem with any of these) but I think theyd go for something more diverse, like Super content


I meant the upcoming movie specifically. It's very likely they'll include other Z movie characters


we've basically used all the current movies already anyway, Beerus and Golden Freeza are here.

i guess if new broly has very different moves they might add him but I doubt it.

Paragus when?

User avatar
mute_proxy
Regular
Posts: 689
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:09 am
Location: Planet 4032-877

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Postby mute_proxy » Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:05 am

mahakaishin1991 wrote:we've basically used all the current movies already anyway, Beerus and Golden Freeza are here.

i guess if new broly has very different moves they might add him but I doubt it.

Paragus when?



Paragus isn't a fighter, we still have Janemba and Gogeta who are quite significant to the franchise, and there's the whole ToP arc and the original DB series. There's still a lot of things to be added.

User avatar
CTAkuma
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 371
Joined: Sun May 27, 2018 3:32 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Postby CTAkuma » Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:49 am

mute_proxy wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:we've basically used all the current movies already anyway, Beerus and Golden Freeza are here.

i guess if new broly has very different moves they might add him but I doubt it.

Paragus when?



Paragus isn't a fighter, we still have Janemba and Gogeta who are quite significant to the franchise, and there's the whole ToP arc and the original DB series. There's still a lot of things to be added.

I'm pretty sure Broli (Rage form) will be added seeing as how heavily it is pushed in merch and that means Blue Gogeta will be his DLC partner. It just doesn't make sense not to put Super Broli in there if Blue Gogeta is going to be added

mahakaishin1991
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1164
Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:32 am

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Postby mahakaishin1991 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:31 am

mute_proxy wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:we've basically used all the current movies already anyway, Beerus and Golden Freeza are here.

i guess if new broly has very different moves they might add him but I doubt it.

Paragus when?



Paragus isn't a fighter, we still have Janemba and Gogeta who are quite significant to the franchise, and there's the whole ToP arc and the original DB series. There's still a lot of things to be added.


Paragus is just someone I would like to be playable in the games more. He has a few attacks across the media and I'm sure they can get creative like companies get with 17. I know he's not likely but he's not exactly in many games and Id welcome him over more variations of Goku and Vegeta or the standard run of characters most games have.

Then again Id also like Majin Ozotto and King Cold to be in more games but I know the odds of them is low across the board. If people like Hercule, Videl and friggin Babidi can be playable in other games it cant be too hard.

User avatar
mute_proxy
Regular
Posts: 689
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:09 am
Location: Planet 4032-877

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Postby mute_proxy » Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:48 pm

CTAkuma wrote:I'm pretty sure Broli (Rage form) will be added seeing as how heavily it is pushed in merch and that means Blue Gogeta will be his DLC partner. It just doesn't make sense not to put Super Broli in there if Blue Gogeta is going to be added


Or none of them get added not to make things confusing with contradicting alternate versions (they could add Broly as an alternate costume, but unlikely gonna happen), and they get left for another time, the next game. I think it's pretty clear ArcSys isn't doing a Xenoverse and following "what sells good and is popular at the moment" when making such decisions.

zarmack
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 425
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:22 am

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Postby zarmack » Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:34 pm

With the success of DBFZ, Season 2 is pretty much guaranteed with Jiren and Kefla being the most likey new additions.
"98% of Kanzenshuu-goers have not kissed a girl. If you're one of the 2% that has, copy and paste this into your signature."

When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

Kai>Z>Early DB>>DBS Anime>GT>>>>>>>>>>DBS Manga

DBFZ>Xenoverse 2>Super DBZ>Budokai 3>Tenkaichi 3

mahakaishin1991
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1164
Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:32 am

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Postby mahakaishin1991 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:05 pm

mute_proxy wrote:
CTAkuma wrote:I'm pretty sure Broli (Rage form) will be added seeing as how heavily it is pushed in merch and that means Blue Gogeta will be his DLC partner. It just doesn't make sense not to put Super Broli in there if Blue Gogeta is going to be added


Or none of them get added not to make things confusing with contradicting alternate versions (they could add Broly as an alternate costume, but unlikely gonna happen), and they get left for another time, the next game. I think it's pretty clear ArcSys isn't doing a Xenoverse and following "what sells good and is popular at the moment" when making such decisions.


they wont do alternative costumes because of how the modelling is done. They have, however, dont three gokus and two vegetas, so they arent against alternate character versions.

And that what sells good and is popular is flat out wrong given the content they have added so far. Theyve gone with all the expected characters that were requested or highly popular in the other games, recent super content and the populat movie villains.

This game is doing well, there is no reason to not keep adding to/milking it for now.

User avatar
mute_proxy
Regular
Posts: 689
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:09 am
Location: Planet 4032-877

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Postby mute_proxy » Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:37 pm

mahakaishin1991 wrote:
they wont do alternative costumes because of how the modelling is done. They have, however, dont three gokus and two vegetas, so they arent against alternate character versions.

And that what sells good and is popular is flat out wrong given the content they have added so far. Theyve gone with all the expected characters that were requested or highly popular in the other games, recent super content and the populat movie villains.

This game is doing well, there is no reason to not keep adding to/milking it for now.


They can rework that system, or just make a full model specifically for that character to commemorate the movie. Three Gokus and Vegetas are still of the same timeline, they don't contradict each other's existence. Brolys and Bardocks would be alternate versions of themselves. If by popular now you mean popular for the past 20 years, then yes. Cooler and Broly were the most popular movie villains since they appeared and touched the western lands overseas. They added Vegeta and Goku bases which nobody asked for. The expeceted characters were Bardock and Broly. Everything else was expected because of the leaks, there was as much of a high demand for Cooler, 17, Vegito and Zamasu as for every other character out there.

User avatar
CTAkuma
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 371
Joined: Sun May 27, 2018 3:32 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Postby CTAkuma » Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:20 pm

mute_proxy wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:
they wont do alternative costumes because of how the modelling is done. They have, however, dont three gokus and two vegetas, so they arent against alternate character versions.

And that what sells good and is popular is flat out wrong given the content they have added so far. Theyve gone with all the expected characters that were requested or highly popular in the other games, recent super content and the populat movie villains.

This game is doing well, there is no reason to not keep adding to/milking it for now.


They can rework that system, or just make a full model specifically for that character to commemorate the movie. Three Gokus and Vegetas are still of the same timeline, they don't contradict each other's existence. Brolys and Bardocks would be alternate versions of themselves. If by popular now you mean popular for the past 20 years, then yes. Cooler and Broly were the most popular movie villains since they appeared and touched the western lands overseas. They added Vegeta and Goku bases which nobody asked for. The expeceted characters were Bardock and Broly. Everything else was expected because of the leaks, there was as much of a high demand for Cooler, 17, Vegito and Zamasu as for every other character out there.

Base Goku and Vegeta were only added because they were really popular in Japan actually. Also if we go by your logic they'd have no reason to add Kefla, Jiren or any other Super characters because apparently Arc System Works doesn't focus on popularity.

User avatar
mute_proxy
Regular
Posts: 689
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:09 am
Location: Planet 4032-877

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Postby mute_proxy » Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:30 pm

CTAkuma wrote:Base Goku and Vegeta were only added because they were really popular in Japan actually.


"Actually" doesn't provide facts.

CTAkuma wrote:Also if we go by your logic they'd have no reason to add Kefla, Jiren or any other Super characters because apparently Arc System Works doesn't focus on popularity.


By my logic, focusing on the essentials of the series isn't equivalent to focusing on popularity.

User avatar
CTAkuma
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 371
Joined: Sun May 27, 2018 3:32 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Postby CTAkuma » Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:47 pm

mute_proxy wrote:
CTAkuma wrote:Base Goku and Vegeta were only added because they were really popular in Japan actually.


"Actually" doesn't provide facts.

CTAkuma wrote:Also if we go by your logic they'd have no reason to add Kefla, Jiren or any other Super characters because apparently Arc System Works doesn't focus on popularity.


By my logic, focusing on the essentials of the series isn't equivalent to focusing on popularity.

And Broli Super is essential because he is the antagonist of Dragon balls next big movie, point being exactly? Wether he and Gogeta will be the last or first characters won't matter since they will be added through sheer force of popularity AND through representing the movie.

mahakaishin1991
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1164
Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:32 am

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Postby mahakaishin1991 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:54 pm

CTAkuma wrote:
mute_proxy wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:
they wont do alternative costumes because of how the modelling is done. They have, however, dont three gokus and two vegetas, so they arent against alternate character versions.

And that what sells good and is popular is flat out wrong given the content they have added so far. Theyve gone with all the expected characters that were requested or highly popular in the other games, recent super content and the populat movie villains.

This game is doing well, there is no reason to not keep adding to/milking it for now.


They can rework that system, or just make a full model specifically for that character to commemorate the movie. Three Gokus and Vegetas are still of the same timeline, they don't contradict each other's existence. Brolys and Bardocks would be alternate versions of themselves. If by popular now you mean popular for the past 20 years, then yes. Cooler and Broly were the most popular movie villains since they appeared and touched the western lands overseas. They added Vegeta and Goku bases which nobody asked for. The expeceted characters were Bardock and Broly. Everything else was expected because of the leaks, there was as much of a high demand for Cooler, 17, Vegito and Zamasu as for every other character out there.

Base Goku and Vegeta were only added because they were really popular in Japan actually. Also if we go by your logic they'd have no reason to add Kefla, Jiren or any other Super characters because apparently Arc System Works doesn't focus on popularity.


1. Considering this is how they model to work with the animation techniques they use, they are unlikely to change it given its a company staple, look at Guilty Gear.

2. All these Gokus and Vegetas, though cosmetically close, do not play like each other. There is most likely a way to make both Broly's different. Even if they arent the same timelines, they have shown they can take characters and make multiple versions.

3. I didnt say Arc ignore popularity, far from it. I specifically said they went with the popular options because they cared about what the fans want with this game.

mahakaishin1991
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1164
Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:32 am

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Postby mahakaishin1991 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:56 pm

mute_proxy wrote:
CTAkuma wrote:Base Goku and Vegeta were only added because they were really popular in Japan actually.


"Actually" doesn't provide facts.

CTAkuma wrote:Also if we go by your logic they'd have no reason to add Kefla, Jiren or any other Super characters because apparently Arc System Works doesn't focus on popularity.


By my logic, focusing on the essentials of the series isn't equivalent to focusing on popularity.


The game doesnt even have to focus on story essential because it has its own plot, but they avoided TOP stuff, probably to use it in the future. I expect JIren and Kefla to be a future add because they, like Broly and the majority of this cast, are popular, highly marketable etc.

excelhedge
Not-So-Newbie
Posts: 79
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:35 am

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Postby excelhedge » Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:47 pm

mahakaishin1991 wrote:
excelhedge wrote:Finished unlocking all the "halloween" colors
Still find it dumb their are no alternate costumes.

So are we supposed to expect Christmas colors in a couple of months?


the costumes thing has been talked about in all their games. They arent modelled in the same way street fighter or tekken are, with a base model and interchangable clothing. Doing new costumes would mean rebuilding the characters from scratch and that is a lot of work for a skin.
Jord wrote:
excelhedge wrote:Finished unlocking all the "halloween" colors
Still find it dumb their are no alternate costumes.

So are we supposed to expect Christmas colors in a couple of months?


That's because of the way Arc makes their models. Alternate costumes cost a lot of time since they have to a lot of work to the model so that it works in every situation.
It would be nice if we could make custom palettes though.


So we're ignoring the simple question about Christmas colors, so you defend the devolper. *sigh* fine.

I Still find it dumb. Arc systems has several games under it's belt. You'd think they would have gotten the hint well before now to change how they model characters to allow for alternate costumes. There's not really an excuse for this and it comes off lazy and dumb. Especially considering that instead of modeling New Lobby Avatars they could have modeled actual new costumes for the Halloween event.

You won't convice me otherwise so Stop Trying.

Now I'll ask again. Can we expect a Christmas event with Christmas Colors?

User avatar
Chuquita
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 14853
Joined: Sat Nov 20, 2004 2:16 am
Location: New Jersey
Contact:

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Postby Chuquita » Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:49 am

I learned you can't try out the free week of Switch online without giving a credit card or PayPal. Unfortunate.

How safe is paying money through a Switch? Apparently you can't free trial through the website.

I'd like to participate in this Halloween event, but more hoops to jump through keep appearing.
My deviantart : Dragon Ball doodles and comics
My tumblr : Assorted goods and stuff
---
Piccolo: Listen...in the instant he moves to attack...he's open... We'll use that instant...
Vegeta: Good plan. I hope it works.
Piccolo: ...
Vegeta: Don't look at me. You'll miss your instant.
Piccolo: So confident...I hope to see your face when Son Gokû arrives...
Vegeta: Oh? And who's that? Your secret weapon?

mahakaishin1991
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1164
Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:32 am

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Postby mahakaishin1991 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:28 am

excelhedge wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:
excelhedge wrote:Finished unlocking all the "halloween" colors
Still find it dumb their are no alternate costumes.

So are we supposed to expect Christmas colors in a couple of months?


the costumes thing has been talked about in all their games. They arent modelled in the same way street fighter or tekken are, with a base model and interchangable clothing. Doing new costumes would mean rebuilding the characters from scratch and that is a lot of work for a skin.
Jord wrote:
excelhedge wrote:Finished unlocking all the "halloween" colors
Still find it dumb their are no alternate costumes.

So are we supposed to expect Christmas colors in a couple of months?


That's because of the way Arc makes their models. Alternate costumes cost a lot of time since they have to a lot of work to the model so that it works in every situation.
It would be nice if we could make custom palettes though.


So we're ignoring the simple question about Christmas colors, so you defend the devolper. *sigh* fine.

I Still find it dumb. Arc systems has several games under it's belt. You'd think they would have gotten the hint well before now to change how they model characters to allow for alternate costumes. There's not really an excuse for this and it comes off lazy and dumb. Especially considering that instead of modeling New Lobby Avatars they could have modeled actual new costumes for the Halloween event.

You won't convice me otherwise so Stop Trying.

Now I'll ask again. Can we expect a Christmas event with Christmas Colors?


From my understanding, they are modelled the way they are specifically to make their animation style work. They arent going to change that within the production and life span of a game because they wont be able to do anything for existing characters without remaking them from the ground up.

Theres a lot of work that goes into how these characters are animated and made if you look, so 'azy and dumb' is an ignorant thing to say.

And the lobby models are signifanctly less taxing to make than a full fighting character, so thats dumb to even compare them like they are equal

Jord
Regular
Posts: 598
Joined: Sun Dec 19, 2004 8:13 am

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Postby Jord » Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:52 am

excelhedge wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:
excelhedge wrote:Finished unlocking all the "halloween" colors
Still find it dumb their are no alternate costumes.

So are we supposed to expect Christmas colors in a couple of months?


the costumes thing has been talked about in all their games. They arent modelled in the same way street fighter or tekken are, with a base model and interchangable clothing. Doing new costumes would mean rebuilding the characters from scratch and that is a lot of work for a skin.
Jord wrote:
excelhedge wrote:Finished unlocking all the "halloween" colors
Still find it dumb their are no alternate costumes.

So are we supposed to expect Christmas colors in a couple of months?


That's because of the way Arc makes their models. Alternate costumes cost a lot of time since they have to a lot of work to the model so that it works in every situation.
It would be nice if we could make custom palettes though.


So we're ignoring the simple question about Christmas colors, so you defend the devolper. *sigh* fine.

I Still find it dumb. Arc systems has several games under it's belt. You'd think they would have gotten the hint well before now to change how they model characters to allow for alternate costumes. There's not really an excuse for this and it comes off lazy and dumb. Especially considering that instead of modeling New Lobby Avatars they could have modeled actual new costumes for the Halloween event.

You won't convice me otherwise so Stop Trying.

Now I'll ask again. Can we expect a Christmas event with Christmas Colors?



Uhm no need to get angry dude. I wasn't defending the developers. It's just explaining the way they work. Wheter it's practical or not is another question. What I do like however is the immense roster we got from a new DragonBall game in a new series of games. Compare the roster to the Budokai and Burst limit rosters and this game feels a lot more complete with characters feeling more unique to boot.

excelhedge
Not-So-Newbie
Posts: 79
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:35 am

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Postby excelhedge » Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:37 am

Jord wrote:
excelhedge wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:
the costumes thing has been talked about in all their games. They arent modelled in the same way street fighter or tekken are, with a base model and interchangable clothing. Doing new costumes would mean rebuilding the characters from scratch and that is a lot of work for a skin.
Jord wrote:
That's because of the way Arc makes their models. Alternate costumes cost a lot of time since they have to a lot of work to the model so that it works in every situation.
It would be nice if we could make custom palettes though.


So we're ignoring the simple question about Christmas colors, so you defend the devolper. *sigh* fine.

I Still find it dumb. Arc systems has several games under it's belt. You'd think they would have gotten the hint well before now to change how they model characters to allow for alternate costumes. There's not really an excuse for this and it comes off lazy and dumb. Especially considering that instead of modeling New Lobby Avatars they could have modeled actual new costumes for the Halloween event.

You won't convice me otherwise so Stop Trying.

Now I'll ask again. Can we expect a Christmas event with Christmas Colors?



Uhm no need to get angry dude. I wasn't defending the developers. It's just explaining the way they work. Wheter it's practical or not is another question. What I do like however is the immense roster we got from a new DragonBall game in a new series of games. Compare the roster to the Budokai and Burst limit rosters and this game feels a lot more complete with characters feeling more unique to boot.


I'm not angry just stating my opinion on the matter.
mahakaishin1991 wrote:
excelhedge wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:
the costumes thing has been talked about in all their games. They arent modelled in the same way street fighter or tekken are, with a base model and interchangable clothing. Doing new costumes would mean rebuilding the characters from scratch and that is a lot of work for a skin.
Jord wrote:
That's because of the way Arc makes their models. Alternate costumes cost a lot of time since they have to a lot of work to the model so that it works in every situation.
It would be nice if we could make custom palettes though.


So we're ignoring the simple question about Christmas colors, so you defend the devolper. *sigh* fine.

I Still find it dumb. Arc systems has several games under it's belt. You'd think they would have gotten the hint well before now to change how they model characters to allow for alternate costumes. There's not really an excuse for this and it comes off lazy and dumb. Especially considering that instead of modeling New Lobby Avatars they could have modeled actual new costumes for the Halloween event.

You won't convice me otherwise so Stop Trying.

Now I'll ask again. Can we expect a Christmas event with Christmas Colors?


From my understanding, they are modelled the way they are specifically to make their animation style work. They arent going to change that within the production and life span of a game because they wont be able to do anything for existing characters without remaking them from the ground up.

Theres a lot of work that goes into how these characters are animated and made if you look, so 'azy and dumb' is an ignorant thing to say.

And the lobby models are signifanctly less taxing to make than a full fighting character, so thats dumb to even compare them like they are equal


You don't seem to read very well. You're not going to change my mind, so stop trying. I've already explained my veiwpoint on it and I not going to debate you on it. I'm entitled to my opinion and you are not going to change it so move on.


Now does anyone think we are getting a Christmas event or not? Do anyone think we'll get Christmas colors?

excelhedge
Not-So-Newbie
Posts: 79
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:35 am

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Postby excelhedge » Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:43 am

Chuquita wrote:I learned you can't try out the free week of Switch online without giving a credit card or PayPal. Unfortunate.

How safe is paying money through a Switch? Apparently you can't free trial through the website.

I'd like to participate in this Halloween event, but more hoops to jump through keep appearing.


Dude stop stressing over it, pay your $20 for online, and then erase your card's infomation from the switch.

Honestly. You stressing over nothing.


Return to “Video Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests