"Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

IM21
Banned

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Post by IM21 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:08 am

mute_proxy wrote:
IM21 wrote:in vjump there is a visual of goku vs jiren.... now all we need to know if it's UI Goku.
Have a screenshot?
Nope. I am sure they'll pop up later today or tomorrow.

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:07 pm

If we do get Jiren and UI, I hope we get some new Dramatic Finishes (sorely missed in the last DLC)

For Jiren win against UI Goku:

The scene where he overpowers him after powering up to his Full Power against Mastered UI and overwhelms Goku, leaving a crater in the ground

For Base Goku against Jiren (Space Map):

Frieza joins in and we get the climatic ending of the TOP with the two of them shoving him off the stage and blowing up with a huge blast. Then have it end with Frieza and Goku on the ground looking at each other with maybe Frieza saying "I wasn't doing that for you"

IM21
Banned

Post by IM21 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:24 am

Goku is in ssjb in vjump, so ui or some other character will be announced at the world finals. Thats if they are gonna be announcing 2 characters at a time.

NintendoBlaze53
Regular

Post by NintendoBlaze53 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:14 am

Found this. Just waiting on translations.
"You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that's where you'll find the things more important than what you want." -Ging Freecss

If you care about opinionated/critical analysis and reviews of anime, manga and gaming products, feel free to check out my website. https://otakustance.wordpress.com/

Kataphrut
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kataphrut » Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:25 am

No UI? I'm probably in a minority when I say I'm disappointed. Ah well, the last thing they need is more "too many Gokus" antihype.

Also, Kefla's chances to be the second character have just skyrocketed, which is pretty good.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:43 am

Kataphrut wrote:No UI? I'm probably in a minority when I say I'm disappointed. Ah well, the last thing they need is more "too many Gokus" antihype.

Also, Kefla's chances to be the second character have just skyrocketed, which is pretty good.
Could be UI Goku's dramatic intro, clashes with Jiren and then goes Ultra INstinct
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:19 am

MKCSTEALTH wrote:If we do get Jiren and UI, I hope we get some new Dramatic Finishes (sorely missed in the last DLC)

For Jiren win against UI Goku:

The scene where he overpowers him after powering up to his Full Power against Mastered UI and overwhelms Goku, leaving a crater in the ground

For Base Goku against Jiren (Space Map):

Frieza joins in and we get the climatic ending of the TOP with the two of them shoving him off the stage and blowing up with a huge blast. Then have it end with Frieza and Goku on the ground looking at each other with maybe Frieza saying "I wasn't doing that for you"
I was thinking Goku could throw the spirit bomb and Jiren does that thing where he shoves it back and nukes him, but this time it does kill him, but your idea is really cool too

Zamasu55

Post by Zamasu55 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:46 am

XV2's version of Jiren kind of sucked, so I'm happy he'll be in FighterZ too.

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:21 am

If no UI, then we will probably get Kefla. Or if they're just doing DLC from Super, then maybe Gogeta Blue?

CJStriker_CBR

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:26 pm

Kataphrut wrote:No UI? I'm probably in a minority when I say I'm disappointed. Ah well, the last thing they need is more "too many Gokus" antihype.

I Certainly Hope Kefla or even Kale or Caulifla will have a better chance going forward!

I still want Ribrianne more, but I certainly will be Very Happy to see any of the U6 Girls cause they are some of my favorite DB characters and they will add more Ladies to the Game roster, so far the only ladies in the game are Android 21 and 18.
--- ADMIN NOTE: THIS SIGNATURE IS FAR TOO LONG. PLEASE REDUCE IN SIZE. ---
Let it Bloom. Let it Ring. The Song of Love & Victory!”:clap:
Brianne De Chateau/Ribrianne!
My #1 in DB!
:thumbup:

I’m a Veteran Poster of Comic Book Resources since 2012! 8)
http://community.comicbookresources.com ... -CJStriker

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:33 pm

NintendoBlaze53 wrote:
YES!!! I really hope they do a better job of recreating his fighting style then Xenoverse.

I want him to have a Destructive Finish on Hit.

CJStriker_CBR

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:35 pm

Lord Frieza wrote:
NintendoBlaze53 wrote:
YES!!! I really hope they do a better job of recreating his fighting style then Xenoverse.

I want him to have a Destructive Finish on Hit.
I am Hoping they do Justice for Jiren as well in the Game, Especially for Fans like you Lord Frieza and others that like him allot and want to see him represented well so that he becomes one of the Best Characters to Play! :thumbup:
--- ADMIN NOTE: THIS SIGNATURE IS FAR TOO LONG. PLEASE REDUCE IN SIZE. ---
Let it Bloom. Let it Ring. The Song of Love & Victory!”:clap:
Brianne De Chateau/Ribrianne!
My #1 in DB!
:thumbup:

I’m a Veteran Poster of Comic Book Resources since 2012! 8)
http://community.comicbookresources.com ... -CJStriker

Super Saiyan Turlast x4
I Live Here

Post by Super Saiyan Turlast x4 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:40 pm

I already know "Get lost." will be one of his win quotes :lol:

Aside from his moveset, I'm interested in how he'll communicate with certain teammates at the end of the battle.
"First I whip it out! Then I thrust it! With great force! Every angle...! It penetrates! Until...! With great strength...! I... ram it in! In the end... We are all satisfied... And you are set free...!" ~Dante~

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:07 pm

Super Saiyan Turlast x4 wrote:I already know "Get lost." will be one of his win quotes :lol:

Aside from his moveset, I'm interested in how he'll communicate with certain teammates at the end of the battle.
What I'm wondering is if they will factor in shirtless beast mode Jiren or not, like a dragon install from GG

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:48 pm

How would you react if we got Shin and normal Zamasu as DLC?
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Super Saiyan Turlast x4
I Live Here

Post by Super Saiyan Turlast x4 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:29 pm

mahakaishin1991 wrote:
Super Saiyan Turlast x4 wrote:I already know "Get lost." will be one of his win quotes :lol:

What I'm wondering is if they will factor in shirtless beast mode Jiren or not, like a dragon install from GG
That would be a cool addition. I feel like more installs should be a thing.
"First I whip it out! Then I thrust it! With great force! Every angle...! It penetrates! Until...! With great strength...! I... ram it in! In the end... We are all satisfied... And you are set free...!" ~Dante~

Logania
Regular

Post by Logania » Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:31 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:How would you react if we got Shin and normal Zamasu as DLC?
It would be terrible if Zamasu was in, because Fused Zamasu's moveset has everything Zamasu has done in his regular form already.

I don't know if Supreme Kai could have a full moveset as the only thing he's done is throw a shockwave at Majin Buu and throw Katchin (funny enough that's the only thing they did with him in Budokai) so it would have to be a made up moveset, which could be used on characters that actually fought.
"I can't increase my ability through some kind of noisy transformation the way Frost and you Saiyans do. If I wanna become more lethal, I don't have the luxury of cutting corners, I just have to do it the old-fashioned way.

Combat is craft. What matters most is not raw power, but the skill by which you hone it."

jcogginsa
Advanced Regular

Post by jcogginsa » Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:16 am

My predictions for DLC Characters, assuming there are as many this season as Last Season
Predictions subject to change

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:39 am

jcogginsa wrote:My predictions for DLC Characters, assuming there are as many this season as Last Season
Predictions subject to change
I dont think we'll get this many U6 fighters in one go, especially not Kale, Caulifla and Kefla all at once, with Kale coming alongside new Broly. I think Cabba has better odds of showing up than all three of them together

Tai Lung

Post by Tai Lung » Sun Jan 20, 2019 3:00 pm

Well, I think the most likely thing is kefla. I say .. in xenoverse, he already appeared. It has enough movements
but I do not think that they appear neither gogeta blue or broly (super) very recent and with few movements

I insist that jako would be a good gag character