"Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

mahakaishin1991
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:31 pm

sangofe wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:
sangofe wrote:
Why? Raditz is the most boring villain in DBZ.
I like him, I dont agree with you, and I want him in game. God, what is it with this kind of question when it comes to taste?
I was lazy so I didn't write why I think he's boring and why you think he should be in the game.

I think he's boring because he got few moves, is generic, and barely was in the anime. So I don't think he would be a good character for the game. Why do you think he would be?
He has few moves, but they are relatively distinctive (double sunday, saturday crash) and as I have explained in previous posts, his fighting style has been shown about trickery and baiting for a counter (the tail grab and stomp incident), this can be translated easily into a command counter character with ground attacks for downed opponents (think Terumi in Blazblue). He also has potential for a counter super lifted right from the incident where Piccolo attacked him and he was about to retaliate with a blast. He has room for a counter attack from knockdown with his rising elbow he did on Goku, good mixup potential from his teleport and donkey kick move, an air to ground super potential with his double sunday he used on Goku and vegeta in their fight. I think he has enough straight from the manga to make a moveset without too much liberty being needed.

Generally speaking though, Raditz, to me, has always felt like something of a staple to the games, especially the fighting games since Budokai 1. He's generally been the first opponent, and is central to kicking off the Z era content as a whole. While FighterZ is it's own story, it feels quite odd for him NOT to be here when others like Nappa could also have been missed entirely, and look what they did with him? They made him a pseudo-big body summoner, that's something he's not been before in the games and I'd be interested to see what the devs can do with Raditz. Raditz is someone I would have generally preferred on the base roster or in the first season of DLC (over a third vegeta and a fourth iteration of goku, but what's done is done. Then again, we're now getting a second Broly and to my taste, one is enough).

One other reason, though no longer relevant, is that i think he could have had some interesting story interactions with Goku, his extended family and his former comrades in the story mode itself. Last he was aware, his brother was a weakling who died fighting him and he was fully convinced Nappa and Vegeta would revive him. There's a lot you can do interaction-wise with him a story where villains are revived and he is the 'yamcha' of the badguys.

Don't get me wrong, there's plenty of characters I want in the game, and Raditz is among a relatively large pool (I could probably make two seasons worth of characters Id pick and most were in the top 16 fan vote anyway) but seeing that black/brown evokes his colours, and I really hope its him out of the possibilities that it could be (because there is no way in hell I would pay for a DLC of Mr. Satan when I honestly feel base rosters are where you put your joke character). Raditz probably it's my number one pick, but he's preferable out of the other characters I think of when I see that brown/black combo.

I've got others I'd add before, but some after as well.

Luso Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Luso Saiyan » Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:56 pm

Yeah, I'm in for Raditz too. Loved playing with his character in Burst Limit.

Bryesque
Beyond Newbie

Post by Bryesque » Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:34 pm

I wouldn't mind Raditz, but there are a bunch of other characters who deserve a slot before he does. Two Brolys already feels like kind of a waste of space here... I'd really prefer they use their remaining DLC on a wider representation of characters instead of even more Saiyans (especially since there multiple versions of the same Saiyan characters filling up the roster already).

Basically, Roshi or I riot. :lol:

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:46 pm

Luso Saiyan wrote:Yeah, I'm in for Raditz too. Loved playing with his character in Burst Limit.
his moveset in BL was definitely a fun one. Black Friday was lit.

But yeah for me he's among those I know probably doesnt have a high demand... then again I also wish Bojack would show up in more games so I dont think my tastes are what the main consumers want and have always accepted that my likes dont match most.

If I planned a 2 seasons it would probably look like this

Raditz and Kefla (saiyan fighters)
Dabura and Janemba (demon swordsmen)
RoshI and Mr Satan (retired fighters)
Bojack w/galaxy soldiers and King Piccolo w/tambourine (sealed evil)

then (and bare with me cause it gets a bit weird)

Omega Shenron and Baby Vegeta (GT Terrors)
Toppo and Ribrianna (Tournament contenders)
Majin Ozotto and Hatchiyak (crossover chaos)
Kid Goku (using nimbus and power pole) and Ultra Instinct Goku (then and now)

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:48 pm

Bryesque wrote:I wouldn't mind Raditz, but there are a bunch of other characters who deserve a slot before he does. Two Brolys already feels like kind of a waste of space here... I'd really prefer they use their remaining DLC on a wider representation of characters instead of even more Saiyans (especially since there multiple versions of the same Saiyan characters filling up the roster already).

See I want roshi in, but I still want Raditz. I think if there were less Goku's, Vegetas and Broly's people wouldnt mind him being here. But for some reason 3 versions of Goku plus Black, three Vegetas and two Brolys was more important than using different characters

NewKakarot
Not-So-Newbie

Post by NewKakarot » Sat Feb 09, 2019 3:00 pm

I wouldn't mind having Raditz in the game, but I can't see him being in it. Part of FighterZ's appeal (at least to me) is seeing moves from the manga/anime being faithfully recreated. Other Dragon Ball games have done it, but none quite like FighterZ with its stunning visuals. It's so exciting to see attacks and being able to instantly recognize where they adapted them from, and the problem with Raditz is that I don't think he had very memorable moves (right now I can only think of 3 lol). But those are just my thoughts.

Rinsankajugin
Regular

Post by Rinsankajugin » Sat Feb 09, 2019 3:34 pm

NewKakarot wrote:I wouldn't mind having Raditz in the game, but I can't see him being in it. Part of FighterZ's appeal (at least to me) is seeing moves from the manga/anime being faithfully recreated. Other Dragon Ball games have done it, but none quite like FighterZ with its stunning visuals. It's so exciting to see attacks and being able to instantly recognize where they adapted them from, and the problem with Raditz is that I don't think he had very memorable moves (right now I can only think of 3 lol). But those are just my thoughts.
That may be true, but attacks don't necessarily have to be from the manga or anime. A good handful of characters have attacks originating from other games like DBZ Super Battle, Tenkaichi, Budokai, Burst Limit, Xenoverse or Heroes. Hell, Yamcha's moveset is mostly the different Wolf Fang Fists from each of those games.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sat Feb 09, 2019 3:48 pm

So I saw the video about the annoucement of a new game coming this year, I believe is not FighterZ 2 or XENOVERSE 3, it seems like something completely different.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Rinsankajugin
Regular

Post by Rinsankajugin » Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:00 pm

Noah wrote:So I saw the video about the annoucement of a new game coming this year, I believe is not FighterZ 2 or XENOVERSE 3, it seems like something completely different.
That would probably be Project Z, an action RPG from Cyber Connect 2.

Tai Lung

Post by Tai Lung » Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:35 pm

I definitely prefer kefla in this game but the next .. maybe raditz or roshi

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:52 pm

Tai Lung wrote:I definitely prefer kefla in this game but the next .. maybe raditz or roshi
the switch store shows a screen with a purple colour that I'm sure is either identical too or damn close to her clothes.

Rinsankajugin
Regular

Post by Rinsankajugin » Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:37 pm

mahakaishin1991 wrote:
Tai Lung wrote:I definitely prefer kefla in this game but the next .. maybe raditz or roshi
the switch store shows a screen with a purple colour that I'm sure is either identical too or damn close to her clothes.
People have proposed that the purple is probably either Kafla, Janemba or Arale, and the brown is probably either Raditz, Roshi or Tapion.

Hmm... wouldn't it be funny if the purple and brown were actually Dyspo and Toppo?

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:35 am

Bryesque wrote:I wouldn't mind Raditz, but there are a bunch of other characters who deserve a slot before he does. Two Brolys already feels like kind of a waste of space here... I'd really prefer they use their remaining DLC on a wider representation of characters instead of even more Saiyans (especially since there multiple versions of the same Saiyan characters filling up the roster already).

Oh my God - this. This so much.

Broly from the movie feels so, so, SO unnecessary. That's like having jumpsuit ToP 18 or jumpsuit RoF Gohan as 'new' characters. When we still don't have characters like Janemba, Roshi, Gero, Tao Pai Pai, Trio de Dangers, Ribrianne, Kefla, God Toppo, Dyspo, Zarbon, #19, Dabura, Slug, Bojack, Kid Goku, Piccolo Daimaoh, and a dozen others.

Yes, I get that they're trying to capitalize on the hype of the movie - but they knew a Broly movie was in the works as they made the game - they could've ditched DBZ Broly altogether and release him once as the very first DLC character of Season 2.

Heck, I find Gogeta unnecessary when Vegetto is already in the roster. Just make him an alternate costume for Chrisake - he's literally the same fusion with a different method.

CJStriker_CBR

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:45 am

I know how Toei likes to do its red herrings with fans, they did it to us with Super all the time, so I say while it might be fun to guess that the Brown and Purple colored backgrounds might give teases on who be next, I rather not put to much speculation into it knowing the teases DB staff like to pull on us. :roll:
--- ADMIN NOTE: THIS SIGNATURE IS FAR TOO LONG. PLEASE REDUCE IN SIZE. ---
Let it Bloom. Let it Ring. The Song of Love & Victory!”:clap:
Brianne De Chateau/Ribrianne!
My #1 in DB!
:thumbup:

I’m a Veteran Poster of Comic Book Resources since 2012! 8)
http://community.comicbookresources.com ... -CJStriker

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:21 am

Rinsankajugin wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:
People have proposed that the purple is probably either Kafla, Janemba or Arale, and the brown is probably either Raditz, Roshi or Tapion.

Hmm... wouldn't it be funny if the purple and brown were actually Dyspo and Toppo?
I have mixed feelings on Dyspo personally. He sits a place where I'd be happy at his inclusion, but at the same time, I think he's lower priority than Toppo, and definitely below a few other fighters.

I dont see why people are associating brown with Roshi when it's not part of his colour scheme. Especially in recent times. Tapion was always more orange than Brown so I would have thought theyd gone with that.

Purple though, Kafla or Janemba are definitely two I would put in this game.

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:49 am

mahakaishin1991 wrote:
I dont see why people are associating brown with Roshi when it's not part of his colour scheme. Especially in recent times.
Roshi wears brown pants in the ToP, and in RoF

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:11 am

mute_proxy wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:
I dont see why people are associating brown with Roshi when it's not part of his colour scheme. Especially in recent times.
looks more yellow/orange, and not close to the shade in the teaser. Plus Id have thought white like his shirt

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:25 am

mahakaishin1991 wrote:
mute_proxy wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:
looks more yellow/orange, and not close to the shade in the teaser. Plus Id have thought white like his shirt
Nope, it's brown

Considering the previous entries, shades vary and arent always identical

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:05 pm

mute_proxy wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:
mute_proxy wrote:
Nope, it's brown

Considering the previous entries, shades vary and arent always identical
Still doesnt look like the brown in the slide, which is closer to raditz.

And it might just be me but that doesnt look like what I'd call straight up brown so yeah like I said.

Id think theyd go with white since thats more in line with his shirt.

ShadowBardock89
Advanced Regular

Post by ShadowBardock89 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:29 am

mahakaishin1991 wrote:that brown colour with the black feels like its teasing me with Raditz, please be so.
Ok, I'm confused. What are you talking about?
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=40715&start=20#p1439892
http://dba.bn-ent.net/character/barduck.html
https://i.imgur.com/86hOk5i.gif