"Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Jord
Advanced Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Jord » Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:01 am

Cold Skin wrote:A few things to note, and some reminders:
- We have our first "imaginary finish", showing a victory that never happened. Since it is now clear that they are okay with imagining new outcomes, this could pave the way for many more Dramatic Finishes than we could have anticipated.
Actually, we got our first when Yamcha beats Nappa.

Cold Skin
I Live Here

Post by Cold Skin » Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:24 pm

^ Yeah, Dbzfan94 already corrected me about that. :)
I had completely missed this one ever since the game's release.

The fact that they allow themselves to have imaginary scenes leaves more possibilities than if it was just about sticking to the original scenes.

Note that imaginary scenes are about the good guys winning when they originally didn't, and not about the bad guys winning since I guess it would be distasteful to create scenes to show our heroes being gruesomely murdered in a nightmarish turn of events.

Since we know about the upcoming characters, my guess is that we could have:

[spoiler]- Vegetto vaporizing Boo just as he could have done and demonstrated on a tiny part of him.
- Vegetto finishing Fused Zamasu with the Final Kame Hame Ha just as he was about to when he defused.
- Trunks finishing Fused Zamasu with the sword of hope (almost guaranteed given the datamining)
- Beerus destroying Fused Zamasu like he did with regular Zamasu.

- Base Goku and Base Vegeta having their special intro.
- Base Goku finishing Nappa with the Kaioken.
- Base Goku finishing Base Vegeta with their iconic blast struggle.
- Base Goku "finishing" Freezer with the Genki Dama.
- Base Vegeta finishing Ginyu, with the latter trying to take his body and ending up in a frog thanks to Goku's intervention.

- Goku finishing Cooler with a Kame Hame Ha in his giant sphere that sends him to the sun (they already have the sun from Broly's scene).[/spoiler]

Much more uncertain scenes would include:

[spoiler]- Cooler "finishing" Piccolo by "exploding" him in front of Goku just like in the movie.
- C-17 sacrificing his life against Cell (covering both his move in DBS and C-16's original intent in the story, though the chronology would be completely off having DBS C-17 versus Cell, but oh well...).[/spoiler]

To be honest, I hardly see more than one Dramatic Finish available for the final two DLC characters likely planned, but it's possible the Dramatic Finishes could be conceived for other characters already available if they don't have many to do for a DLC pack.
After all, all elements are here for Freezer destroyed by Blue Goku when Blue Vegeta was about to kill him, for example.

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:47 pm

If we're gonna have more imaginary finishes, let's get dark with it

[spoiler]-Cell defeating Gohan in the Kamehameha beam struggle
-Kid Buu pushes the Spirit Bomb back at Goku
-Goku Black killing Goku/Future Trunks with a Super Kamehameha Rose
-Broly's could be either beating the Family Kamehameha or his punch connecting with Goku followed up by an eraser canon or something[/spoiler]

KayDash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KayDash » Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:31 pm

I hope #17 will also have his new moves from the ToP arc. It would be interesting, if he could set up barriers anywhere, and move independently from them.

Also, what do you think about Cooler, how would he work in the game, and what would make him different from Freeza? I assume, summoning his elite soldiers would be one of the things, so he could play like a mix between Freeza and Captain Ginyu.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:56 pm

KayDash wrote:I hope #17 will also have his new moves from the ToP arc. It would be interesting, if he could set up barriers anywhere, and move independently from them.

Also, what do you think about Cooler, how would he work in the game, and what would make him different from Freeza? I assume, summoning his elite soldiers would be one of the things, so he could play like a mix between Freeza and Captain Ginyu.
Could be a counter build character.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Kodoshin
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Kodoshin » Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:16 pm

I was cautiously optimistic for how Bardock would play in this game, but he's even better than I hoped. As much as it pained me to do it I had to dump Vegeta and his amazing assist from my main team to make room for him. Broly also looks like a ton of fun to play. Really feel like they knocked both of these characters out of the park. Really excited to see how the other 6 turn out.

blain218
Banned Alternate Account

Post by blain218 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:39 am

Based on the results of Final Round 2018, I'd say this game needs a balance patch before Evo 2018 comes. There's already complaints about SSJ Vegeta, Adult Gohan, Goku Black and Cell being too dominant and common at high-level.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4EnEAzNkxU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HE5COaIzSFI

Nevaeh
Beyond Newbie

Post by Nevaeh » Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:44 am

Yea it's slowly turning into Marvel 2 where only 5 out of the 50+ characters were worth a damn :lol:

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:54 am

Nevaeh wrote:Yea it's slowly turning into Marvel 2 where only 5 out of the 50+ characters were worth a damn :lol:
That won't happen with Fighterz, the patches will prevent that.

IM21
Banned

Post by IM21 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:01 pm

blain218 wrote:Based on the results of Final Round 2018, I'd say this game needs a balance patch before Evo 2018 comes. There's already complaints about SSJ Vegeta, Adult Gohan, Goku Black and Cell being too dominant and common at high-level.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4EnEAzNkxU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HE5COaIzSFI
Yea, I am sure they will patch this, cause some characters do look better than the others if you're watching tournaments, but thats only if you're a meta player. And thats like 0.5% of people. For casual players it doesn't really matter. I have over 500 wins and just about 150 loses online and am not using none of those top tier characters most of the time.

Logania
Regular

Post by Logania » Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:08 pm

Practicing Teen Gohan's bomb loop combos for a few hours. Damn, trying to utilize it effectively with online lag is nearly impossible, makes me not want to even bother lol
"I can't increase my ability through some kind of noisy transformation the way Frost and you Saiyans do. If I wanna become more lethal, I don't have the luxury of cutting corners, I just have to do it the old-fashioned way.

Combat is craft. What matters most is not raw power, but the skill by which you hone it."

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:25 am

Looks like Bandai Namco is giving away 300,000 Zeni today, as a gift to celebrate the release of Bardock and Broly. All one has to do is connect to the online lobby and you'll receive it.

...Which...probably means I can't, if the online lobby is anything like the Xenoverse 2 one where you're not truly online without PSN, but ah well. :P Figured I'd give everyone else a head's up anyway.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:28 pm

Apologies for the double post, but huh...popped in FighterZ on a lark, and I CAN connect to the online server there (just can't play matches against people), so that's a win. 300,000 Zeni to get more stuff from the store with, woot.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:53 pm

Power levels are not just big numbers:

by Doctor.

ShadowBardock89
Advanced Regular

Post by ShadowBardock89 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:03 pm

That's a pretty good mod, but shouldn't that go in the Fan Works section?
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=40715&start=20#p1439892
http://dba.bn-ent.net/character/barduck.html
https://i.imgur.com/86hOk5i.gif

FutureTrunks

Post by FutureTrunks » Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:19 pm

I am struggling about getting the season pass. who are the chracters that come with it?
-Mark

dario03
Advanced Regular

Post by dario03 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:58 pm

Logania wrote:Practicing Teen Gohan's bomb loop combos for a few hours. Damn, trying to utilize it effectively with online lag is nearly impossible, makes me not want to even bother lol
That's always been my issue with online in fighting games. Not to good at adjusting to the lag and for some reason the match maker is always wanting to set me against people that are forever away. Basically stopped playing SFV because of it. Tried playing for the first time since Fighterz came out, waiting 10 minutes, got connected with somebody on the other side of the planet even though I had best connection only selected. Took about 3 seconds for our characters to start moving after the announcing said fight.

AgitoZ
Temporarily Banned

Post by AgitoZ » Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:19 am

dario03 wrote:That's always been my issue with online in fighting games. Not to good at adjusting to the lag and for some reason the match maker is always wanting to set me against people that are forever away.
In practice mode you can actually add online lag. It's not a perfect solution but it can certainly help getting used to it.
If you're not here soon... GET ON!

Cold Skin
I Live Here

Post by Cold Skin » Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:15 am

FutureTrunks wrote:I am struggling about getting the season pass. who are the chracters that come with it?
Unless there's some major twist, all data found so far point to:

[spoiler]- Bardack (already available)
- Broly (already available)
- Vegetto (probably Blue, but no proof of the transformation state yet)
- Fused Zamasu
- Base Goku (Saiyans / Namek arcs)
- Base Vegeta (Saiyans / Namek arcs)
- DBS C-17
- Cooler[/spoiler]

It comes with:
- the main avatar for each character.
- additionnal avatars to unlock for each character (including alternative colors and forms, such as Base Broly and Super Saiyan Bardack).
- the first six colors for each character.
- six additionnal colors to unlock for each character.
- one sticker offered for each character.
- additionnal stickers to unlock for each character.
- a handful of new, impressive Dramatic Finishes (no less than four for the first pack alone).

KayDash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KayDash » Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:59 am

Btw, do we really have to keep those in spoiler tags? It's not like they give away key-moments from a storyline.

About 17, what is your guess, what the shortened name 'AVP' stands for. (Hint: it's not Alien vs. Predator)
I guess A is Android, and P is park-ranger. But V? Version?

Why not simply going with 'A17'? It's unlikely that they will include another version of him.