"Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Cold Skin
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Cold Skin » Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:09 pm

^ Well, my only guess is that "A17" could be confused for the version of the character that's already in the game, instead of the playable variation.
To make sure data stays very clear to manipulate, I think they want to clearly distinguish all assets used by the C-17 assist model and those used for the actually-playable DLC C-17.

For those not able to see the data, the scripts regarding what is called "DLC managers" lists the names of DLC, including DLC in the direct continuity of the two characters we just had, placed directly one after the other with three-letters codes for the names.

The files go:
"CharaBDN" (Character BARDACK - NORMAL)
"CharaBRS" (Character BROLY - SUPER SAIYAN)
"CharaZMB" (Character ZAMASU - BLACK FUSION)
"CharaVTB" (Character VEGETTO BLUE)
"CharaGKN" (Character GOKU - NORMAL)
"Chara VGN" (Character VEGETA - NORMAL)
"CharaAVP" (Character ANDROID 17 VARIATION - PARK RANGER)
"CharaCLF" (Character COOLER - FINAL FORM)

However, if we didn't have the sound of the annoucer saying "Cooler", the "CLF" one would have inspired "CAULIFLA" to me.
Is it possible that Cooler was discarded and that Caulifla could be in? Basically, we would have a "Pack 1 - Movies", "Pack 2 - Zamasu arc", "Pack 3 - Saiyan arc", "Pack 4 - Tournament of Power arc" adding a girl in the process?

Anyway, for now, it is widely considered that Cooler is the one that will appear even if the DLC pack's theme will be disjointed with DBS C-17, so the odds are in favor of Cooler's inclusion at the time being, including the announcer saying his name.
We'll see.

KayDash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KayDash » Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:54 pm

Cold Skin wrote:Anyway, for now, it is widely considered that Cooler is the one that will appear even if the DLC pack's theme will be disjointed with DBS C-17
It's actually not, Cooler and 17 are the "brothers dlc pack".

17 is an interesting case from a different angle too. The whole 18/17 made a lot of sense, because they weren't full of material for single unique movesets for both of them, but they worked as a team. 17's seperate inclusion could have indicated that, he will stay in the ToP for while (and gain some new moves), and now that Super is over, and we know how it ended, 17's inclusion makes even more sense.
This could have been a huge spoiler a few months ago considering Super's end, but seems like no one guessed it. :)
Last edited by KayDash on Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

blain218
Banned Alternate Account

Post by blain218 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:04 pm

KayDash wrote:
Cold Skin wrote:Anyway, for now, it is widely considered that Cooler is the one that will appear even if the DLC pack's theme will be disjointed with DBS C-17
It's actually not, Cooler and 17 are the "elder brothers dlc pack".

17 is an interesting case from a different angle too. The whole 18/17 made a lot of sense, because they weren't full of material for single unique movesets for both of them, but they worked as a team. 17's seperate inclusion could have indicated that, he will stay in the ToP for while (and gain some new moves), and now that Super is over, and we know how it ended, 17's inclusion makes even more sense.
This could have been a huge spoiler a few months ago considering Super's end, but seems like no one guessed it. :)
17 is actually the younger twin.......

KayDash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KayDash » Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:17 pm

blain218 wrote:
KayDash wrote:
It's actually not, Cooler and 17 are the "elder brothers dlc pack".

17 is actually the younger twin.......
Fix'd.
I remembered it incorrectly.

blain218
Banned Alternate Account

Post by blain218 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:45 pm

Any thoughts on the rumored Season 2 DLC?

Tapion and Gogeta
Roshi and Videl (w/Saiyaman)
Raditz and Zarbon
Cabba and Kale(w/Caulifla)

KayDash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KayDash » Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:32 pm

blain218 wrote:Any thoughts on the rumored Season 2 DLC?

Tapion and Gogeta
Raditz and Zarbon
Posted about it back then, so I'll keep it short this time. I think it's probably fake.
- Both Tapion, Gogeta and Cabba lack enough original moves to favor them over any many other (and more popular) characters. Serously, Cabba is probably the least interesting among the new saiyans, including the Kefla fusion.
- Considering how Caulifla is the leader and Kale is the underling, why would it be reversed in this game?
- I'm not seeing Jiren not making it into the roster this time.
- The new movie will have a new villain... would be a suprise if the season 2 would ignore him. (Or her? We don't even of know if that saiyan guy is actually a villain or not)
- The leak said season 1 will be finished at July. At the pace we are going it looks more like late September then anything else. If there will be a second season, my guess is they will announce it in December. Actually, Jump Festa is in December, so it makes sense.

Logania
Regular

Post by Logania » Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:37 pm

Tapion and Gogeta
Raditz and Zarbon
If that was the DLC for Season 2, I'd be severely disappointed. No GT or DB characters yet Tapion and Videl get in who do basically nothing.
"I can't increase my ability through some kind of noisy transformation the way Frost and you Saiyans do. If I wanna become more lethal, I don't have the luxury of cutting corners, I just have to do it the old-fashioned way.

Combat is craft. What matters most is not raw power, but the skill by which you hone it."

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:53 pm

So if they pretend to add #17 (Super) on this game we'll have him as both as assist and a playable character? Kinda of a mess.
Power levels are not just big numbers:

by Doctor.

blain218
Banned Alternate Account

Post by blain218 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:34 pm

I don't see why a lot of people want Videl for DBFZ. I'm mean she's a likable character but she doesn't have much to work with for a fighting game. In fact, the only female characters that would work in DBFZ (who aren't in the game already) are Kefla, Towa, Caulifla, Zangya, Kale and (arguably) the adult version of the Supreme Kai of Time base on what I've seen of her in DB Heroes.
Last edited by blain218 on Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FutureTrunks

Post by FutureTrunks » Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:36 pm

So no Jiren or any DBS characters? hmm..
-Mark

Dragon Wukong
Regular

Post by Dragon Wukong » Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:45 pm

Logania wrote:

Tapion and Gogeta
Raditz and Zarbon
If that was the DLC for Season 2, I'd be severely disappointed. No GT or DB characters yet Tapion and Videl get in who do basically nothing.
To be fair, Gogeta could always be SS4. It'd match well with an SSB Vegito, and could represent SS4 and GT without being another Goku or Vegeta.

Tapion also has gotten a surprising amount of moveset variation from games. He even summons Hirudegarn sometimes, which I could see as a cool level 3 animation. Frankly I'm all for more team-based characters. I'd totally make a team with Cabba Kale/Caulifla and Hit.

Logania
Regular

Post by Logania » Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:01 pm

Dragon Wukong wrote: To be fair, Gogeta could always be SS4. It'd match well with an SSB Vegito, and could represent SS4 and GT without being another Goku or Vegeta.

Tapion also has gotten a surprising amount of moveset variation from games. He even summons Hirudegarn sometimes, which I could see as a cool level 3 animation. Frankly I'm all for more team-based characters. I'd totally make a team with Cabba Kale/Caulifla and Hit.
I don't have a problem with most of it, it's just Tapion and Videl. Gogeta combining his Goku and Vegeta SSJ4 moves is something I wish (maybe a Soul Punisher lvl3 for my Fusion Reborn love) and the Saiyan girls deserve a spot (preferably Kefla) but Tapion and Videl don't do anything really. Tapion has most of his stuff made up in games because he doesn't really fight in the movie, and Videl besides getting her ass whooped in her one main fight doesn't fight ever again l. I just want characters that have actual fighting feats is all. If they want more sword characters put in Janemba lol
"I can't increase my ability through some kind of noisy transformation the way Frost and you Saiyans do. If I wanna become more lethal, I don't have the luxury of cutting corners, I just have to do it the old-fashioned way.

Combat is craft. What matters most is not raw power, but the skill by which you hone it."

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:36 am

blain218 wrote:I don't see why a lot of people want Videl for DBFZ. I'm mean she's a likable character but she doesn't have much to work with for a fighting game. In fact, the only female characters that would work in DBFZ (who aren't in the game already) are Kefla, Towa, Caulifla, Zangya, Kale and (arguably) the adult version of the Supreme Kai of Time base on what I've seen of her in DB Heroes.
Zangya and Kale (most of her material is taken straight from Broly who's already playable) have even less to work with than Videl. In fact... the only characters you mentioned here even has a chance are Caulifla (w/ Kale) or Kefla... though I prefer the former.

Anyways, Videl could be an unique melee character based around sways, step-ins, grapples,etc.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

ShadowBardock89
Advanced Regular

Post by ShadowBardock89 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:44 am

Logania wrote:If they want more sword characters put in Janemba lol
Janemba has more variety than just a "sword character."
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=40715&start=20#p1439892
http://dba.bn-ent.net/character/barduck.html
https://i.imgur.com/86hOk5i.gif

Logania
Regular

Post by Logania » Fri Apr 06, 2018 3:51 am

ShadowBardock89 wrote:
Logania wrote:If they want more sword characters put in Janemba lol
Janemba has more variety than just a "sword character."
Yes, obviously, which is what I mean. He actually has moves available and actually fights. Only reason Tapion would be in is because he's a sword wielder, which Janemba can fill in for plus more.

Nevaeh
Beyond Newbie

Post by Nevaeh » Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:40 am

Tapion and Gogeta
Raditz and Zarbon
Terrible :lol:

They could at least throw in a new stage or 2 to help sweeten it a bit

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:21 am

blain218 wrote:I don't see why a lot of people want Videl for DBFZ. I'm mean she's a likable character but she doesn't have much to work with for a fighting game.
If she doesn't have much to work with them that means she's a blank slate that allows ASW to made up whatever fighting style and moves they like.
Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:06 am

Those Season 2 leaks look so unlikely for so many reasons, I mean Tapion? Pretty sure he has more time playing the flute than fighting. Still, I was in denial about Base Goku and Vegeta and they seem almost certain.

FighterZ still leading EVO, it actually beat SF5. That would be amazing.
https://twitter.com/MrWiz/status/980846339192844289

blain218
Banned Alternate Account

Post by blain218 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:23 am

After 2 seasons of DLC we still don't have a GT character even rumored to appear.

KayDash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KayDash » Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:15 am

Even with SSJ & SSJ4 Gogeta combined he barely have enough material for a character.
His screen time in the movie was less then 2 minutes:
https://youtu.be/mlVtQDVrNns?t=72
And he does only two attacks there, glitter punches and glitter ki ball. :D
About SSJ4:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8lEGiaqyZw
Well, he has 2 energy attacks here, and one of them is fake. And a gut kick. And he can kick back a ki blast.
Super has fight scenes where 5 times as many things happen in 30 seconds then in this one.

If they still really want to add Gogeta, they can of course take some moves from Goku/Vegeta. Or they can even make him a multi-stance character, where one of them could resemble Goku and the other one could resemble Vegeta. Although, I'm not sure if a tag team fighter like this really need a multi-stance character.