"Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Logania
Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Logania » Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:46 pm

Cooler's level 3 is a multi-use attack. When on the ground it's a counter, but in mid-air it's a command grab.

I think this is the first counter super attack in the game which is about time!

http://www.siliconera.com/2018/08/17/dr ... his-moves/
"I can't increase my ability through some kind of noisy transformation the way Frost and you Saiyans do. If I wanna become more lethal, I don't have the luxury of cutting corners, I just have to do it the old-fashioned way.

Combat is craft. What matters most is not raw power, but the skill by which you hone it."

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:20 am

We also have a date (alongside #17, probably).

28th of September. Which is good, because I was worried they would delay it further because of Base Goku and Vegeta's release dates. But thankfully, they only pushed them back because of EVO.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:06 pm

Brodes wrote:
Jord wrote:
MCDaveG wrote:
What I miss in the game, is not having the option to play 1 vs 1 outside of story mode, maybe just for the local mode only :(
:
Cool to hear you're enjoying the game. Welcome to the club!
The Switch version will have 1 vs 1 battles so chances are this feature will come to the other consoles as an update.

I love the team mechanic but 1 vs 1 would be cool option and a great way to learn just one character.
Bandai Namco have said numerous times on twitter what is exclusive to the Switch version will stay exclusive to the Switch version.
Wait really? When was that said?
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:34 pm

So why they are going with "Coora" for Coola now? We had that in Legends and now in FighterZ... They want to exclude the dub name (Cooler) but also not use the original? (Coola)
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

ShadowBardock89
Advanced Regular

Post by ShadowBardock89 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:55 pm

Noah wrote:So why they are going with "Coora" for Coola now? We had that in Legends and now in FighterZ... They want to exclude the dub name (Cooler) but also not use the original? (Coola)
Actually, "Coora" was being used in Dokkan Battle before Legends. I thought it was strange then and its strange now.
Anyways, the North American EVO trailer uses "Cooler" (provided by GameSpot):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uw54iAegBvQ
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=40715&start=20#p1439892
http://dba.bn-ent.net/character/barduck.html
https://i.imgur.com/86hOk5i.gif

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:42 am

Base Goku/Vegea DLC pack was so hype that they already revealed everything about Coola and they were released less than two weeks ago...
I can't stop laughing every time I rewatch the crowd reaction to EVO 2018 Trailer. They were really disappointed until Coola was announced and I can't blame them. :lol:

Oh well, only MVP DBS C17 is missing. He's the one I was looking forward the most of this four.
Considering the amount of cool stuff he did in DBS anime, my expectations are really high. Hopefully they don't screw up.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:58 am

FortuneSSJ wrote:Base Goku/Vegea DLC pack was so hype that they already revealed everything about Coola and they were released less than two weeks ago...
I can't stop laughing every time I rewatch the crowd reaction to EVO 2018 Trailer. They were really disappointed until Coola was announced and I can't blame them. :lol:
Goku and Vegeta were revealed a while before EVO, so ofcourse people wouldn't be as hyped for something they've already seen (lack of hype does not mean disappointment), and ofcourse Bandai Namco had to reveal something they havent before - it's fuckin EVO.

supersaiyanZero
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by supersaiyanZero » Thu Aug 23, 2018 12:36 pm

mute_proxy wrote:
FortuneSSJ wrote:Base Goku/Vegea DLC pack was so hype that they already revealed everything about Coola and they were released less than two weeks ago...
Goku and Vegeta were revealed a while before EVO, so ofcourse people wouldn't be as hyped for something they've already seen (lack of hype does not mean disappointment), and ofcourse Bandai Namco had to reveal something they havent before - it's fuckin EVO.
Exactly, it's amazing how people will skew the facts just to spin their own narrative.

Logania
Regular

Post by Logania » Thu Aug 23, 2018 5:17 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote:Considering the amount of cool stuff he did in DBS anime, my expectations are really high. Hopefully they don't screw up.
Be a real shame if it's a role reversal with #17 having #18 as assist/back-up lol
"I can't increase my ability through some kind of noisy transformation the way Frost and you Saiyans do. If I wanna become more lethal, I don't have the luxury of cutting corners, I just have to do it the old-fashioned way.

Combat is craft. What matters most is not raw power, but the skill by which you hone it."

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Fri Aug 24, 2018 4:18 am

supersaiyanZero wrote:
mute_proxy wrote:
Exactly, it's amazing how people will skew the facts just to spin their own narrative.
Or maybe they just misjudged the timeline?

Not everybody's duplicitous.
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:31 pm

Nickolaidas wrote:You're kidding me! ArcSys does not intend to bring the 1v1 and 2v2 option to the other consoles and PC? That's a huge &*ck move right there.
So this is exclusive to Nintendo Switch?
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:19 am

Noah wrote:
Nickolaidas wrote:You're kidding me! ArcSys does not intend to bring the 1v1 and 2v2 option to the other consoles and PC? That's a huge &*ck move right there.
So this is exclusive to Nintendo Switch?
A poster above me claimed this. I'm not sure, myself. I think it may be (unofficially) a timed exclusive to boost the switch version's sales. My secret hope is that PS4, X1 and pc will get it as well on the 28th.

dario03
Advanced Regular

Post by dario03 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:34 pm

So I just played a first to 3 casual against HookGangGod (winner of the summit of power invitational that had SonicFox and Go1 at it), it went about as well as expected... It was a casual match but still find it odd that it paired us up (twice actually, he declined the first time though). I've barely played the last couple of months, was never that good but some how have been jumping between red and pink since starting to play a bit again, but even at my best I only got up to about 550,000. I did basically just stop playing rank about then but still that's my rank, and he is ranked 1st on PSN with almost 2,800,000. Is there just not that many people playing now?

On a some what related topic though has anybody else been having more issues with control on online matches? That match wasn't that bad, just a couple of things like assists and vanish not coming out (wouldn't have made any difference in the outcome). But every time I play, even if it says its a good connection I'm having those issues, plus a lot of mixups hitting when I changed block even on prediction and not just reaction. And of course some combo drops but its really the more basic, no way I could have messed that up kind of drops that are annoying.

Brodes
Beyond Newbie

Post by Brodes » Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:11 am

New Japanese trailer for the Nintendo Switch version. Shows off some of the ports exclusive modes and features.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypx44q58L3U

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:07 am

I had hoped the 1v1 and 2v2 wouldn't be shown as exclusive features on the switch but here we are. Oh well.

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:13 pm

Eh its no real loss.. Sure it'll be a neat little thing to have.. but in the grand scheme of things, the true meat and potatoes of the game is through 3v3 combat.
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

KayDash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KayDash » Tue Aug 28, 2018 2:16 pm

supersaiyanZero
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by supersaiyanZero » Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:46 pm

The S wrote:
supersaiyanZero wrote:
mute_proxy wrote:
Or maybe they just misjudged the timeline?

Not everybody's duplicitous.
You need only to check his post history (along with a couple of others in here) to see that it's a lot of biased, based on zero facts statements that put FighterZ in a negative light..probably because he didn't get Xenoverse 3.

Logania
Regular

Post by Logania » Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:09 pm

Cooler is looking like a pretty good addition. He has a lot of variety in his move's uses and the reach on his normals is insane. I just hope he has synergy with my other characters. *crosses fingers*

Shame that the Switch version is the only one that will have 1v1/2v2, it would be a cool setting to use online with people, this game needs more variations with vs modes.

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Wed Aug 29, 2018 2:15 pm

Cooler breakdown: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4D4NqkTYBo

Really liking what I'm seeing. I don't remember they mentioning it but he can pass through beams like in the movie.