"Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Ikazvyr
Beyond Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Ikazvyr » Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:30 pm

jeffbr92 wrote:Not Base Broly, but controlled SSJ Broly would fit just fine to do his transformation intro.
Controlled SSJ Broly is Broly base form with different hair. It would be the same

Draconic
I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:24 pm

You know, thinking about it, we could get a cool Broly intro on the destroyed Namek stage, with him coming out from the lava like in Movie 10.
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:56 pm

Ikazvyr wrote:Controlled SSJ Broly is Broly base form with different hair. It would be the same
Not really, there are differences:

[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]
Power levels are not just big numbers:

by Doctor.

SSJ2bardock
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2bardock » Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:53 pm

Is anyone else having trouble with the quests? There’s no way I can complete them every single day even though I’m doing what it tells me to. I love this game, but it’s STILL so damn buggy and it’s starting to get on my nerves.
PSN Stay_Slapped

Let’s play FighterZ

ShadowBardock89
Advanced Regular

Post by ShadowBardock89 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:48 pm

What if the Super Saiyan Broly lobby avatar is movie 10 Broly?
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=40715&start=20#p1439892
http://dba.bn-ent.net/character/barduck.html
https://i.imgur.com/86hOk5i.gif

KorgDTR2000
Beyond Newbie

Post by KorgDTR2000 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:56 pm

mahakaishin1991 wrote:
KorgDTR2000 wrote:Broly not having a transformation in his intro feels pretty cheap, considering he's a character people are paying money to play as.

we're paying money to play as all the characters.

And I dont blame them given that hes not just a hair/do over
Yes obviously every character in the game is a character you technically pay to play, but Broly is DLC character so there is a set price value attached to his character specifically. There's a difference. A premium character shouldn't be skimped on.

Ikazvyr
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ikazvyr » Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:12 am

jeffbr92 wrote:Not really, there are differences:

[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]
...Differences that don't really matter. As I said, the only thing that is really different is the hair, or are you counting facial expression as a crucial difference? Even his muscles are no different, really
If you didn't understood my point, I said that a base Broly model for 3 seconds is pointless. A SSJ or controlled SSJ model would be exactly the same with different hair. Would be nice, but just pointless work. We are talking about a complete different 3D model for both forms (base and LSSJ), which would require modeling and applying physics that would last 3 seconds in a intro that will be skipped in most matches, specially in tournaments. It's not like we can just take base Broly model and just expand his muscles and change his head

Lek
Beyond Newbie

Post by Lek » Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:14 am

SSJ2bardock wrote:Is anyone else having trouble with the quests? There’s no way I can complete them every single day even though I’m doing what it tells me to. I love this game, but it’s STILL so damn buggy and it’s starting to get on my nerves.
Yup, quests appear to be broken and can't be completed for many people right now. I hope they will fix that with the upcoming wave of patches as well.

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:53 am

Ikazvyr wrote:If you didn't understood my point, I said that a base Broly model for 3 seconds is pointless. A SSJ or controlled SSJ model would be exactly the same with different hair. Would be nice, but just pointless work. We are talking about a complete different 3D model for both forms (base and LSSJ), which would require modeling and applying physics that would last 3 seconds in a intro that will be skipped in most matches, specially in tournaments. It's not like we can just take base Broly model and just expand his muscles and change his head
Yes, but what I'm talking is for an intro: SSJ could be used as Broly never gone from Base to LSSJ IIRC.

by Doctor.

SSJ2bardock
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2bardock » Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:53 am

jeffbr92 wrote:
Ikazvyr wrote:If you didn't understood my point, I said that a base Broly model for 3 seconds is pointless. A SSJ or controlled SSJ model would be exactly the same with different hair. Would be nice, but just pointless work. We are talking about a complete different 3D model for both forms (base and LSSJ), which would require modeling and applying physics that would last 3 seconds in a intro that will be skipped in most matches, specially in tournaments. It's not like we can just take base Broly model and just expand his muscles and change his head
Yes, but what I'm talking is for an intro: SSJ could be used as Broly never gone from Base to LSSJ IIRC.
I usually just skip the intros so I can get to the fight as fast as possible, it already takes an eternity to load into the match as it is. I understand your point and I’m not giving the developers a pass because it does seem a little lazy given all the other characters transform, but it’s just not that important in my opinion. Plus, if you think about it Broly’s legendary form kind of is his base form since that’s how he is 90% of the time when we see him. Not technically, but you get what I mean.
PSN Stay_Slapped

Let’s play FighterZ

dario03
Advanced Regular

Post by dario03 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:45 pm

Anybody know of a good guide or video on using assists to extend combos? I saw a video with 16 using 2 assists to get a big combo for little bar and saw somebody saying you could do something similar with SSB Vegeta. I can do 16's version but I can't get anything like that to work with Blugeta. Basically I'm trying to do one of his combos that gets into the air, then vanish followed by scale 1-10 and when he hits the ground I call in Adult Gohan to reset. And that works except I can't really get anything beyond a few hits after the assist before the training dummy techs out. I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong or if its just not possible.

Ikazvyr
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ikazvyr » Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:49 pm

jeffbr92 wrote:Yes, but what I'm talking is for an intro: SSJ could be used as Broly never gone from Base to LSSJ IIRC.
...Yes, but what I'm talking IS for the intro: the model would be used for 3 seconds and never more. SSJ2bardock also proved my point about the intro being skipped by the players

NintendoBlaze53
Regular

Post by NintendoBlaze53 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:33 pm

So rumour is going around from a supposed Bandai Namco employee plans have started for a Season Pass 2. So far they've only decided on the characters. Again this is just a rumour so take it with a grain of salt.
The packs are said to be:
Tapion and Gogeta
Roshi and Videl with Great Saiyaman
Raditz and Zarbon
Cabba and Kale with Caulifla.

Not bad I guess. I like Tapion, Roshi, Videl, Raditz and Kale/Caulfila. But I don't care for Zarbon or Cabba. Gogeta I think is fair if Vegetto is in too.
"You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that's where you'll find the things more important than what you want." -Ging Freecss

If you care about opinionated/critical analysis and reviews of anime, manga and gaming products, feel free to check out my website. https://otakustance.wordpress.com/

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:45 pm

You know, I'm planning on getting FighterZ for my birthday, which is in April, and they're going to be trying to fix the online issues that this game currently has before then. So that means when I get the game, I'll be a lucky one online. :mrgreen:
Caulifla best girl! :)

Cold Skin
I Live Here

Post by Cold Skin » Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:55 pm

The announcement of a big, free content update soon is very exciting!
My bet is on new Dramatic Openings and Dramatic Finishes and possibly new colors (including manga colors based on the Full Color Edition).

If you don't know, it seems the message on the scan goes as such: "Something else in addition to the new DLC characters?! Another big update, free of charge, is already planned!!"

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:26 pm

NintendoBlaze53 wrote:So rumour is going around from a supposed Bandai Namco employee plans have started for a Season Pass 2. So far they've only decided on the characters. Again this is just a rumour so take it with a grain of salt.
The packs are said to be:
Tapion and Gogeta
Roshi and Videl with Great Saiyaman
Raditz and Zarbon
Cabba and Kale with Caulifla.

Not bad I guess. I like Tapion, Roshi, Videl, Raditz and Kale/Caulfila. But I don't care for Zarbon or Cabba. Gogeta I think is fair if Vegetto is in too.
This rumor is from the same guy who made up a bunch of rumors before for a bunch of games. From the many and I mean many stuff he came up with, most of it was wrong including Goku Black as DLC. He had some stuff right, although some was copied from other sources. This to say that he's not reliable, at all.

Does Tapion even have more than 1 minute of air time fighting? Him as a DLC character sounds ridiculous. Videl is also a bit crazy, if Arcsys was that desperate for female characters they would put Caulifla as a main character instead of a second fiddle to Kale or add Ribrianne or just make a Bulma character from scratch like they did with #21.
Cold Skin wrote:The announcement of a big, free content update soon is very exciting!
My bet is on new Dramatic Openings and Dramatic Finishes and possibly new colors (including manga colors based on the Full Color Edition).

If you don't know, it seems the message on the scan goes as such: "Something else in addition to the new DLC characters?! Another big update, free of charge, is already planned!!"
I hope this update isn't the patches to correct the online issues. A new stage would be nice.

The scan for reference: http://www.shonengamez.com/2018/02/23/b ... onen-jump/

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:44 pm

Tapion would be lame I would prefer Slug over him

by Doctor.

Cold Skin
I Live Here

Post by Cold Skin » Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:13 pm

LightBing wrote:
Cold Skin wrote:The announcement of a big, free content update soon is very exciting!

I hope this update isn't the patches to correct the online issues. A new stage would be nice.

The scan for reference: http://www.shonengamez.com/2018/02/23/b ... onen-jump/
Based on the way it is announced, I would say it's absolutely not the online corrections: it would be terribly awkward from them to say "and to go with the new characters you must pay for, we also have something entirely free coming for everyone... Corrections for our online problems!".

People would be like "well, duh, it's about correcting problems that shouldn't have been here in the base game, of course it's free and for everyone, that's the least you can do!".

So judging by that, I want to think it's really new content, but it's not characters, obviously.
New stages? New interactions scenes in the story? New avatars? (that one would be a bit disappointing for me) New Dramatic Finishes? New packs of colors?
Everything's possible! (except characters, of course)
But my own personal bet is on new Dramatic scenes (there seemed to a lot of much more important, epic scenes to add when you think that some minor scenes like Krilin blasting the Saibaimen were included) or new color schemes (easy kind of "gift to everyone" they can come up with, plus manga colors are requested by a certain number of people).

AgitoZ
Temporarily Banned

Post by AgitoZ » Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:25 pm

Cold Skin wrote:Based on the way it is announced, I would say it's absolutely not the online corrections: it would be terribly awkward from them to say "and to go with the new characters you must pay for, we also have something entirely free coming for everyone... Corrections for our online problems!".
Yeah, it's not something you announce in a magazine and not the most popular one Shueisha has under their belt. I have to imagine it will be opening up Kame House and City locations in the lobby with actual content.

And with how Jump is made things are planned out weeks in advance. I can't imagine they had an announcement prepared for fixing problems with the games online modes whose problems were only noticeable once everyone started playing.
If you're not here soon... GET ON!

CriticalThinker
Beyond Newbie

Post by CriticalThinker » Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:31 pm

Saw the leaks and I gotta say I'm leaning towards them being fake. While I would love them to be true for Roshi and Caulifla/Kale, cant help but notice some pretty odd choices. Like why add Tapion when you could add someone like I dunno Janemba who is unique and actually fought. And Cabba doesn't make much sense as he never fought with the saiyan girl duo so it be werid to add him together with them. Also from the wording of the leak it seems like Kale is in the lead while Caulifla is an assist, which makes no sense either. Not like it matters though since its most likely fake but if it ends up being true then neat I guess.