"Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Grimlock » Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:02 am

Gyt Kaliba wrote:So, quick question - are they only teasing these two right now just to slowly get into things, or are these two expected to get released prior to the rest of the character pack?
Yeah, it's interesting that they are marketing Bardock now with images, updating the website and even releasing a teaser video now, even though the DLC is probably going to be released next month with the actual date being revealed in the next V-Jump issue.

Which is annoying as fuck because this is the exact opposite of what Bandai has done to Xenoverse 2's DLCs! All they did were just teasing with some few images, and then we always had to wait for a V-Jump issue to get more info and no teaser, no release date (or when to expect a release date), nothing. :x
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:14 pm

These videos have no sound.
I found this one which has sound but cuts short. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAgUT6oWMio

Is that Bardock's theme? That's a..., peculiar choice.

His intro looks awesome. Broly's is just OK.

Lunaar
Patreon Supporter

Post by Lunaar » Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:54 pm

Just watched the teasers. So let me get this straight - every Saiyan in FighterZ begins their fight with a transformation of some kind (including Adult Gohan, if you're on the side of believing his "unlocked potential" is a transformation)... until now.

Bardock's intro is a proper reference to his source material. A callback to the lives that were lost before he dons the headband. Short, sweet and drenched in Bardock.

Broly's intro is... "hey guys, comin at ya with some Dragon Ball Fighter Zee footage of my man Brawly yeeeeeuh" - really, though? He just... skates in, already in big boy mode? Broly arguably, visually, has one of the most iconic transformations of the franchise - and he just pops in here like he's late for class. I can practically see the slice of bread hanging from his mouth. It's the first legitimately disappointing intro I've seen. :problem:

Now don't get me wrong, by my non-sensical logic of "Saiyans should transform in their intros," this means that I should want Bardock to transform, right? No. If Bardock was just another Super Saiyan thrown into the game, I would be in streets rioting*. If his Super Saiyan form were anything BUT a Meteor Attack, I would be miffed at it's inclusion... but it's a suitable, bonus reference as-is.
*quietly mumbling to myself and eating chips in the corner

As for hopes of how they each play: I expect Broly to be a giant, rush-down, aggressive mother-buster - akin to how Juggernaut felt, for all you MvC fans out there. Bardock should feel like a dirty Goku. Maybe give him a command grab, that would be siiiiick.
Gogegito wrote:Gotenks said "I cant let him fight just like that, please trunks help me, he's my brother" And trunks also had undesrstanding eyes.
Ajay wrote:It's probably savagely lit. I dunno.
Steam ID: Lunaar
★頭カラッポの方が 夢詰め込める★

KayDash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KayDash » Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:58 pm

LightBing wrote:These videos have no sound.
I found this one which has sound but cuts short. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAgUT6oWMio

There's also one for Brolly with sound: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYo5lgjhG7k

BrolyKale
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrolyKale » Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:17 pm

KayDash wrote:
LightBing wrote:These videos have no sound.

There's also one for Brolly with sound: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYo5lgjhG7k
His theme song sounds very good! I like it. :thumbup:
Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:35 pm

The Bandai Namco America version has this extra shot. It remnds me of that pose and look Bardock gives to Cabira and Toobi right before he defeats them both. Just awesome! :clap:

Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:48 pm

I also was expecting better from Broly intro, but I'll better wait for the full intro video
Power levels are not just big numbers:

by Doctor.

KayDash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KayDash » Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:52 pm

I just didn't get why ArcSys decided to not use his transformation as an intro... Then I realised that there are dramatic intros in the game too.

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:53 pm

KayDash wrote:I just didn't get why ArcSys decided to not use his transformation as an intro... Then I realised that there are dramatic intros in the game too.
Didn't you meant dramatic finishes?

by Doctor.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:00 pm

jeffbr92 wrote:
KayDash wrote:I just didn't get why ArcSys decided to not use his transformation as an intro... Then I realised that there are dramatic intros in the game too.
Both exist in the game. Like Frieza blowing up Krillin to start off the fight and cause GOku to go SUper
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Draconic
I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:04 pm

I imagine it's because they had to make a base Broly model, which is much more different from his Super Saiyan form than the others. I mean, it's another body build entirely. A bit too much effort would go into that than necessary.
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:14 pm

Kanassa wrote:Both exist in the game. Like Frieza blowing up Krillin to start off the fight and cause GOku to go SUper
Oh I forgot about those, thanks!

by Doctor.

KayDash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KayDash » Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:17 pm

Draconic wrote:
I imagine it's because they had to make a base Broly model, which is much more different from his Super Saiyan form than the others. I mean, it's another body build entirely. A bit too much effort would go into that than necessary.
They did it already for other characters, like Freeza's buffed up model. Beerus also has a Whis model only for his intro. (and for the storymode?)
jeffbr92 wrote:
There are those special intros, but I guess they are not called as "dramatic intros", it just seemed the most convenient way to refer to them.

Ikazvyr
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ikazvyr » Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:53 pm

There's no reason to do base Broly model. Whis is in the story mode. Base Goku and base Vegeta are in the story mode. Goten and Trunks are in the story mode. The whole Ginyu Force are in the story mode and serves as assistant moves. Only Zamasu isn't in the story mode, but rumors are that Merged Zamasu will be DLC. Base Broly would be used for just 3 seconds if they modeled him. Just think about it before complaining (even though I agree that the intro is very boring...)

KorgDTR2000
Beyond Newbie

Post by KorgDTR2000 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:05 am

Broly not having a transformation in his intro feels pretty cheap, considering he's a character people are paying money to play as.

Hyena_Yamcha
Beyond Newbie

Post by Hyena_Yamcha » Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:16 am

I agree with everyone here.

Broly's intro is disappointing.

Not because he doesn't transform in it but because they could'v done better.

But anyway i'm more interested in his gameplay.
My English is poor .

mahakaishin1991
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:41 am

KorgDTR2000 wrote:Broly not having a transformation in his intro feels pretty cheap, considering he's a character people are paying money to play as.

we're paying money to play as all the characters.

And I dont blame them given that hes not just a hair/do over

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:31 am

Ikazvyr wrote:There's no reason to do base Broly model. Whis is in the story mode. Base Goku and base Vegeta are in the story mode. Goten and Trunks are in the story mode. The whole Ginyu Force are in the story mode and serves as assistant moves. Only Zamasu isn't in the story mode, but rumors are that Merged Zamasu will be DLC. Base Broly would be used for just 3 seconds if they modeled him. Just think about it before complaining (even though I agree that the intro is very boring...)
Not Base Broly, but controlled SSJ Broly would fit just fine to do his transformation intro.

by Doctor.

Lek
Beyond Newbie

Post by Lek » Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:43 am

@BandaiNamcoEU wrote:Dragon Ball FighterZ game producer Tomoko Hiroki confirms the roadmap for the coming patches including fixes for the Ring Match and disconnection issues.
Thanks for your feedback and support!
Source
Finally they will be adressing the ring matches and lobby disconnects :clap: I'm really glad to hear that they are working on those.

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:10 am

Lek wrote:
@BandaiNamcoEU wrote:Dragon Ball FighterZ game producer Tomoko Hiroki confirms the roadmap for the coming patches including fixes for the Ring Match and disconnection issues.
Thanks for your feedback and support!
Source
Finally they will be adressing the ring matches and lobby disconnects :clap: I'm really glad to hear that they are working on those.
While I didn't have many issues with the online of the game, it's good to know when they will be solving it. Hopefully it makes many people return to the game.
My only fear is the various patches approach and what it might mean, the first patche might do barely anything at all. They are just throwing this out there to calm people; the timing with the DLC first batch is there.

I'm not confident that the first patch at least will solve anything. Let's hope I'm wrong.