"Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Logania
Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Logania » Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:13 pm

Since we got the funny intro for Fused Zamasu with the pelvic combination.

I really want his victory outro to be him looking all Godly, then end up with his close up of him crying.

Please ArcSys, gimme the meme victory. Or at least make this a dramatic finish victory against Vegito. It's too funny and iconic to him to leave out.
"I can't increase my ability through some kind of noisy transformation the way Frost and you Saiyans do. If I wanna become more lethal, I don't have the luxury of cutting corners, I just have to do it the old-fashioned way.

Combat is craft. What matters most is not raw power, but the skill by which you hone it."

dario03
Advanced Regular

Post by dario03 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:15 pm

Logania wrote:I think the only nerf they could give Cell is some of his hitbox reach on his long kicks, as they can connect when the foot ain't anywhere near me. Black and Bardock don't really need any nerfs honestly. All 3 are really, REALLY good, but I don't think anything needs to be taken away from their current arsenal. I just want everyone to be viable, put buffs on E'RRYBODY!
Maybe, but the thing that Gohan gets called for most is his pressure, Black and Bardock both have a lot of that too. Black also has a lot of utility and from what I've seen has always seen a lot of usage, both in comp and casual play. He was the third most used character in the top 32 and top 16 of Final Round after Cell and Vegeta. And even though he has only been out for a little bit Bardock quickly became possibly top 5 and has also seen a lot of use. 2nd character to be seen twice in the ps4 top players bp list and 2nd most used character in the top 16 of the first major that allowed him (though that one also had a lot less Goku Black).
So what I thought made it a bit odd was that Kid Buu was on that list, and most likely for nerfs since he is usually considered very good. And most lists I've ever seen have Black and Kid Buu ranked about the same. So just seemed a bit odd to me, especially since the update list is like half the game.
But who knows, maybe they just asked GO1 since his list has Buu very high and doesn't have Black that high and didn't have Bardock listed yet. Or the changes might just not be that much balance wise.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:34 am

I'm still a bit disappointed. Even if Janemba has portals (which he only used once in his transformed state to redirect a blast, I believe), we'll never get to see a move like this animated in a video game, it's looking like.
Maybe they didn't give Fused Zamasu that attack because they plan to release Janemba or Anilaza in the future.

Perhaps the only thing I miss about manga Fused Zamasu is that 'choke' attack he used on Goku. That was neat. I wonder if it will be in the game. Aside from that, I don't know, I can see why some would prefer manga Fused Zamasu since he looked bulkier and more brutal and savage, but personally I much prefer his anime incarnation.

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:38 am

Have they done anything Toyotaro manga related? Because it looks like Super anime only.

Kataphrut
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kataphrut » Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:03 am

I approve of Fused Zamasu's theme, which was apparently also mixed up with Broly since the same music played in his trailer, but he had a different theme in the game. Weirdly enough, even though it feels like they're going for the bombastic godly choir, it almost fits Broly better.

I'm very interested to see how Fused Zamasu goes over in the meta when he launches. Flight seems like a cool gimmick, but my worry is he's going to be another Beerus or Freeza, ie a promising character that winds up useless because of the Superdash/2H meta.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:46 am

Logania wrote:Please ArcSys, gimme the meme victory. Or at least make this a dramatic finish victory against Vegito. It's too funny and iconic to him to leave out.
Dramatic finish with Vegito will probably be just an extended version of Vegito defusing when attempting the savage strike.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:22 pm

Logania wrote:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Please ArcSys, gimme the meme victory. Or at least make this a dramatic finish victory against Vegito. It's too funny and iconic to him to leave out.
That actually would be really cool! :lol:
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Logania
Regular

Post by Logania » Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:17 pm

Kanassa wrote:
Logania wrote:Please ArcSys, gimme the meme victory. Or at least make this a dramatic finish victory against Vegito. It's too funny and iconic to him to leave out.
Dramatic finish with Vegito will probably be just an extended version of Vegito defusing when attempting the savage strike.
God, I hope not. It'd be such an awkward victory for the player winning because it shows he won only because the fusion runs out when he's about to catch them hands. I know it happened in the anime too, but for the game ehhhhh.
"I can't increase my ability through some kind of noisy transformation the way Frost and you Saiyans do. If I wanna become more lethal, I don't have the luxury of cutting corners, I just have to do it the old-fashioned way.

Combat is craft. What matters most is not raw power, but the skill by which you hone it."

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:03 pm

I hope for the next patch they remove Chaozu's paralysis fail from the game. No one else's assist character has a problem like that.

Logania
Regular

Post by Logania » Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:35 am

Came back to FighterZ to play seriously after 2 months because of Monster Hunter World and Devil May Cry HD Collection taking my time, and damn its hard to get back into!

Not saying it's hard to get back into as in I don't like it, but getting back into the swing of things and reactions is almost like I'm starting over again. Gonna have to spend a lot of time in practice and Ring Matches to get back to how I was earlier before Zamasu comes out.

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:10 pm

SupremeKai25 wrote:Forgive me, but random portals (that were already used by Janemba) and Katchin blocks are not nearly as iconic and stunning as Lightning of Absolution or Divine Wrath. It seems that Grotesque Fused Zamasu will not be making an appearance. Which is absolutely fine, Halo Fused Zamasu looks way better anyway. Now I am definitely buying this game.

Also, two of Fused Zamasu' color variations are inspired by Zeno and the Grand Priest. Very, very cool!

Yes! But too bad Merged Zamasu can't turn into "Grotesque" in this game, I also would love a finishing move that works after his K.O that makes him turn into:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Power levels are not just big numbers:

by Doctor.

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:12 am

jeffbr92 wrote:
SupremeKai25 wrote:Forgive me, but random portals (that were already used by Janemba) and Katchin blocks are not nearly as iconic and stunning as Lightning of Absolution or Divine Wrath. It seems that Grotesque Fused Zamasu will not be making an appearance. Which is absolutely fine, Halo Fused Zamasu looks way better anyway. Now I am definitely buying this game.

Also, two of Fused Zamasu' color variations are inspired by Zeno and the Grand Priest. Very, very cool!

Yes! But too bad Merged Zamasu can't turn into "Grotesque" in this game, I also would love a finishing move that works after his K.O that makes him turn into:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
that might be a dramatic finish on trunks. Trunks kills him, he turns into his space form and nukes everything out of existence

Ranmaru Rei
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ranmaru Rei » Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:11 am

Last edited by Ranmaru Rei on Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:12 am

Now there's a pleasant surprise! On my birthday too!
Caulifla best girl! :)

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:14 am

Eurgh, despite FUNi now spelling it Vegetto doesn't look like other localisations followed suit.

KayDash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KayDash » Sat Apr 28, 2018 12:33 pm

Wild VEGETTO
appeared!

But seriously, this was an unexpected suprise! :D

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sat Apr 28, 2018 12:34 pm

Vegetto looks good!

I love that you can buy these bonus characters individually on steam so I can pick and choose. I'm still hoping they announce FighterZ for Switch at E3 this June. I've been holding out because I don't want to buy an expensive game twice and start the game from scratch twice. My laptop was never made for gaming and I just about managed XV 1 and 2 on there. I play games on my Switch multiple times a week and it's almost always in handheld mode. I've always preferred portable systems and don't have a PS4 or XBox One nor can I justify buying a system that big for one game.

All that said this is a beautiful game and if it gets confirmed to never come to Switch I'd eventually settle for buying it on Steam and try to clean out my laptop ahead of time.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat Apr 28, 2018 1:21 pm

Cool to see Vegetto made the cut.

It's a shame that his SSJ form wasn't utilized, but Vegetto Blue was just was entertaining.

Zamasu55

Post by Zamasu55 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 1:51 pm

So the rumors were true, this means we're really getting another Goku and another Vegeta, instead of new characters like Jiren, Toppo, Dyspo but also cool old characters like Janemba for example.
Disappointing...

At the very least DBS 17 will make it.

KayDash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KayDash » Sat Apr 28, 2018 2:06 pm

Zamasu55 wrote:So the rumors were true
They were not really rumors. Their names are in the game's files, listed under the other playable characters, which was datamined at release day.