"Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Simere
Advanced Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" (PS4/XBO/PC, 2018, Arc System Works) Official Discussion Thread

Post by Simere » Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:52 pm

Noah wrote:
dbzfan7 wrote:Stats updated. Dayum and I thought Pure Boo was king. Beerus is top dog....er kitty.

[spoiler]Beerus

Power - 4
Speed - 4
Reach - 3
Technique - 5
Energy - 5

Total - 21[/spoiler]
Don't that make him broken to play with?
These stats likely aren't all that relevant to how a character actually plays, and they definitely don't have any relevance to balance.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" (PS4/XBO/PC, 2018, Arc System Works) Official Discussion Thread

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:34 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:
TheMikado wrote: He’s literally in Gokus body.
And plays and acts completely differently because he's a completely different character.
Case in point Death Scythe.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:26 pm

TheMikado wrote:
ArchedThunder wrote:
TheMikado wrote:Ugh no Dabura. Much rather him than another Goku. I would have even preferred Zamasu, hit will be cool but not excited to see Yamcha fight Beerus.

It was day one for me based on story mode but I’ll wait to see if the story mode is worth it.
Black isn't "Another Goku".
He’s literally in Gokus body.
To be fair this is true, but on the flip side while Zamasu is the main threat of the whole arc, Black is the iconic threat throughout it.

He's the first version of Zamasu we see and remains the primary powerhouse of the antagonists right up until the arcs last 3 episodes. The key difference is his fighting style, while he when out of his way to incorporate Goku's style and techniques, the vast majority of Black's technics are his own and far outstrip anything Future Zamasu pulls off. Also he Zamasu as his partner for some of his attacks, something Goku completely lacks.

As for Merged Zamasu, since Black and Zamasu are together they could very well fuse for their transformation power up.

I personally am much more annoyed by this idea of Base Goku being a DLC character. Whats the point other then giving him the spirit bomb as a finisher and watered down versions of attacks? I'd much rather they filled that dlc slot with SS4 or Ultra instinct, you know forms that can have some unique abilities and attacks. That's why I'm not to bummed about us not getting God, purely because with SS and Blue already what would be the point?

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:15 pm

- Beeurs, Hit, Goku Black + Zamasu-

All of them look amazing!!! I never bothered with Xenoverse so this will be my first time playing with these three. Black even has his freaking scythe. I'm excited!
Looks like we have a new stage too.

When I saw the scan about Dramatic Finishers I thought we would have a quick recap of the story so far, but it turned out to be something much better.

As for the roster this is it, I guess. It looks like to be 24 characters judging by the website template, so either the last one is Android 21 as secret character or there's another one from the show and she's the 25th. I wanted at least 20 characters, so I can say I'm satisfied. Of course the more, the better but it is what it is.

The only one I would replace would be Nappa. I would replace him with Roshi, Vegetto or Dabra.
I'm actually surprised Roshi didn't make the cut, since fighting games usually have a badass old man fighter.

As for the Dragon Balls mechanic, I still have the same opinion. The idea is cool but it may get boring really quick, so hopefully there's an option to turn it off.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:40 pm

It seems we''l get the cave stage where Beerus and Goku fought. That's what it seems to me at least. We're still missing a bunch of essential places.

Olympian
Regular

Post by Olympian » Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:42 pm

Noah wrote:It's nice to see Beerus, Hit and Rosé Black were confirmed, I can't wait for their trailers :D

dbzfan7 wrote:Stats updated. Dayum and I thought Pure Boo was king. Beerus is top dog....er kitty.

[spoiler]Beerus

Power - 4
Speed - 4
Reach - 3
Technique - 5
Energy - 5

Total - 21[/spoiler]
Don't that make him broken to play with?
Like all characters, he will likely have a trade for his better stats.
Ki Breaker wrote:

Yamcha + Roshi = Yamoshi

Coincidence? I think not

Olympian
Regular

Post by Olympian » Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:45 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote:- Beeurs, Hit, Goku Black + Zamasu-

All of them look amazing!!! I never bothered with Xenoverse so this will be my first time playing with these three. Black even has his freaking scythe. I'm excited!
Looks like we have a new stage too.

When I saw the scan about Dramatic Finishers I thought we would have a quick recap of the story so far, but it turned out to be something much better.

As for the roster this is it, I guess. It looks like to be 24 characters judging by the website template, so either the last one is Android 21 as secret character or there's another one from the show and she's the 25th. I wanted at least 20 characters, so I can say I'm satisfied. Of course the more, the better but it is what it is.

The only one I would replace would be Nappa. I would replace him with Roshi, Vegetto or Dabra.
I'm actually surprised Roshi didn't make the cut, since fighting games usually have a badass old man fighter.

As for the Dragon Balls mechanic, I still have the same opinion. The idea is cool but it may get boring really quick, so hopefully there's an option to turn it off.
I like Nappa but I`m surprise Roshi isn`t in it as of now.

I dunno, I`ve been pretty vocal in either sticking to the iconic SSJ versions of Goku and Vegeta or stick to the recent molds of Blue for both. I still think you could have used two slots to spread the roster with more diversity with Roshi and another character like Arale, for the manga crossover appeal or the younger audience.
Ki Breaker wrote:

Yamcha + Roshi = Yamoshi

Coincidence? I think not

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:49 pm

LightBing wrote:It seems we''l get the cave stage where Beerus and Goku fought. That's what it seems to me at least. We're still missing a bunch of essential places.
Didn't we already know we were getting that?
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Simere
Advanced Regular

Post by Simere » Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:00 pm

Kanassa wrote:
LightBing wrote:It seems we''l get the cave stage where Beerus and Goku fought. That's what it seems to me at least. We're still missing a bunch of essential places.
Didn't we already know we were getting that?
It was strongly suspected because we saw it in story mode, but this is confirmation.

KorgDTR2000
Beyond Newbie

Post by KorgDTR2000 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:01 pm

Bullza wrote:
supersaiyanZero wrote:It makes me kind of sad that Super characters being included is what makes you go buy it. While I can sympathize with wanting to play with your favorite character, it completely misses the point of the game and that being said even if this was a Super exclusive roster it still wouldn't stop me from giving the developers my money. It's something tragic that has really happened to this fanbase in recent years. We finally get a well developed fighting game by people who are obviously fans of the series and a SOLID history of putting out A+ titles after this franchise has endured a looooong line of mediocre titles and the only thing some people care about is "but wheres my favorite Super character???" We have literally been waiting almost 3 decades for this game to come out!
I've got over 20 games where I've already played as all these characters. I haven't played any game that has Goku Black in it.
But that's the point he was making. Even though the old Z characters have been in dozens of games, this is the first true AAA fighting game in the franchise's history which puts all characters on the same playing field in terms of freshness. It doesn't matter if Nappa has been in a zillion games before, this is the first game that's actually designing unique gameplay for Nappa so playing this version of Nappa will be a brand new experience.

Olympian
Regular

Post by Olympian » Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:11 pm

Yeah I agree with the sentiment.

But then again if someone prefers or is more interested in Super characters, who am I to find it weird or sad? We all have our favorites. There`s a squad of characters I want to try, the last batch certainly included, but my first lock is Yamcha out of the gate :thumbup:

Maybe a spirit animal squad..Yamcha the wolf, Beerus the cat and...and...Cell the bug? Oh wait, Gotenks the hedgedhog. Yeah, that will work.
Ki Breaker wrote:

Yamcha + Roshi = Yamoshi

Coincidence? I think not

KayDash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KayDash » Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:45 am

sangofe wrote:
KayDash wrote:"This game is pure DBZ, no Super characters"
"Super characters will only appear as DLC"

:lolno:
Where are you pulling these quotes from?
This thread.

Super Saiyan Turlast x4
I Live Here

Post by Super Saiyan Turlast x4 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:17 am

So how does everyone think the dramatic finishes will be implemented? We see Goku doing the Genki-Dama in the scan, which isn't part of his moveset. I have a feeling that his Meteor Attack on Kid Boo with Super Saiyan 3 will likely have him revert to Base and do the Genki-Dama to finish him off. Beerus' Judgment finisher seems to have a unique cinematic on Black. Makes me think it'll be Hakai.
"First I whip it out! Then I thrust it! With great force! Every angle...! It penetrates! Until...! With great strength...! I... ram it in! In the end... We are all satisfied... And you are set free...!" ~Dante~

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:35 am

Super Saiyan Turlast x4 wrote:So how does everyone think the dramatic finishes will be implemented? We see Goku doing the Genki-Dama in the scan, which isn't part of his moveset. I have a feeling that his Meteor Attack on Kid Boo with Super Saiyan 3 will likely have him revert to Base and do the Genki-Dama to finish him off. Beerus' Judgment finisher seems to have a unique cinematic on Black. Makes me think it'll be Hakai.
Sorry, which scan has Genki Dama Goku?
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

Simere
Advanced Regular

Post by Simere » Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:45 am

Saiga wrote:
Super Saiyan Turlast x4 wrote:So how does everyone think the dramatic finishes will be implemented? We see Goku doing the Genki-Dama in the scan, which isn't part of his moveset. I have a feeling that his Meteor Attack on Kid Boo with Super Saiyan 3 will likely have him revert to Base and do the Genki-Dama to finish him off. Beerus' Judgment finisher seems to have a unique cinematic on Black. Makes me think it'll be Hakai.
http://www.shonengamez.com/2017/12/13/d ... o-matches/

ShadowBardock89
Advanced Regular

Post by ShadowBardock89 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:52 am

These dramatic cutscenes now make me wonder why Raditz was NOT included. They could have added the dramatic sacrificial Makankōsappō scene to kill Raditz (and Goku, if he is on Piccolo's team) to the game as it was one of the most shocking moments in the series. Truly bizarre.
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=40715&start=20#p1439892
http://dba.bn-ent.net/character/barduck.html
https://i.imgur.com/86hOk5i.gif

mahakaishin1991
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:13 am

ShadowBardock89 wrote:These dramatic cutscenes now make me wonder why Raditz was NOT included. They could have added the dramatic sacrificial Makankōsappō scene to kill Raditz (and Goku, if he is on Piccolo's team) to the game as it was one of the most shocking moments in the series. Truly bizarre.
We dont know if he is missing for sure, a few leakers claim hes in as DLC

mahakaishin1991
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:14 am

Simere wrote:
Saiga wrote:
http://www.shonengamez.com/2017/12/13/d ... o-matches/
could be a cutscene or special move specific form

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:18 am

I'll be surprised if Broly is not included in the main game, but a DLC.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

KayDash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KayDash » Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:06 am

...and now we know where Goku's Genki Dama went.

Normal Goku (and Vegeta) just seems even less likely. Although, I wouldn't mind if they are in the game already as secret unlocks. But it still bugs me that the dlc season will have exactly two more characters then the other current gen fighting games, and if ArcSys will be able to pull that off without clones.