"Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

NintendoBlaze53
Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" (PS4/XBO/PC, 2018, Arc System Works) Official Discussion Thread

Post by NintendoBlaze53 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:55 pm

In regard to Cross Tag Battle people need to calm down. It's not full price in Japan. The RRP is 5800 yen which is well reduced compared to other fighters like Tekken 7 or even FighterZ. I don't know how US game pricing goes. But Cross Tag Battle after DLC is looking about AU$100. Which for 40 characters comes out well cheaper then AU$145 for 32 characters in FighterZ.
"You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that's where you'll find the things more important than what you want." -Ging Freecss

If you care about opinionated/critical analysis and reviews of anime, manga and gaming products, feel free to check out my website. https://otakustance.wordpress.com/

excelhedge
Beyond Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" (PS4/XBO/PC, 2018, Arc System Works) Official Discussion Thread

Post by excelhedge » Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:58 pm

Ok. I expect/want actual hair for Female Majins in Xenoverse 3 now.

KayDash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KayDash » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:12 pm

LightBing wrote: Thanks for correcting me. My point still stands, many of these things should have been in the base game and them being a "free update" is misleading. They are giving you things with 2 years delay.
I agree, they should have delayed the release with at least half year to add some more content. Also, their character story mode wasn't really a good decision. With the same effort they could have made a simple arcade mode, like SF4 has, and could have made those cutscene pictures as the part of it. People would have been much less dissapointed that way.

But back on DBFZ:
After getting used to Android 21's design this Majin form feels a bit wierd... it's kind of like a bad fanfic for me, but if they give her a good moveset, and nice animation, it could still work.
So apparently she steals moves from other fighters in battle. Like Rogue in X-Men vs. Street Fighter maybe? That would be pretty cool actually.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:58 pm

Stats updated. Majin Waifu included

[spoiler]Beerus
Power - 4
Speed - 4
Reach - 3
Technique - 5
Energy - 5

Total - 21

Pure Boo
Power - 4
Speed - 4
Reach - 3
Technique - 4
Energy - 4

Total - 19

SSB Goku
Power - 4
Speed - 5
Reach - 3
Technique - 4
Energy - 2

Total - 18

SSB Vegeta
Power - 5
Speed - 4
Reach - 2
Technique - 3
Energy - 4

Total - 18

Goku Black
Power - 3
Speed - 4
Reach - 4
Technique - 3
Energy - 4

Total - 18

Hit
Power - 4
Speed - 5
Reach - 3
Technique - 4
Energy - 1

Total - 17

Freeza
Power - 3
Speed - 3
Reach - 3
Technique - 4
Energy - 4

Total - 17

Majin Boo
Power - 4
Speed - 1
Reach - 4
Technique - 4
Energy - 4

Total - 17

Cell
Power - 4
Speed - 3
Reach - 4
Technique - 3
Energy - 3

Total - 17

Piccolo
Power - 3
Speed - 2
Reach - 4
Technique - 4
Energy - 3

Total - 16

Ultimate Gohan
Power - 3
Speed - 4
Reach - 3
Technique - 4
Energy - 2

Total - 16

Android 21
Power - 2
Speed - 3
Reach - 4
Technique - 4
Energy - 2

Total - 15

SSJ3 Gotenks
Power - 3
Speed - 4
Reach - 1
Technique - 3
Energy - 4

Total - 15

SSJ2 Gohan
Power - 5
Speed - 4
Reach - 1
Technique - 2
Energy - 3

Total - 15

SSJ Goku
Power - 4
Speed - 2
Reach - 3
Technique - 3
Energy - 3

Total - 15

SSJ Vegeta
Power - 3
Speed - 3
Reach - 2
Technique - 3
Energy - 4

Total - 15

SSJ Future Trunks
Power - 3
Speed - 3
Reach - 3
Technique - 4
Energy - 2

Total - 15

Ginyu
Power - 4
Speed - 2
Reach - 3
Technique - 4
Energy - 2

Total - 15

Kuririn
Power - 2
Speed - 3
Reach - 1
Technique - 4
Energy - 4

Total - 14

Power - 3
Speed - 3
Reach - 2
Technique - 3
Energy - 3

Total - 14

Power - 4
Speed - 1
Reach - 4
Technique - 2
Energy - 3

Total - 14

Tenshinhan
Power - 3
Speed - 3
Reach - 3
Technique - 3
Energy - 2

Total - 14

Nappa
Power - 4
Speed - 1
Reach - 4
Technique - 3
Energy - 2

Total - 14

Yamcha
Power - 2
Speed - 4
Reach - 2
Technique - 3
Energy - 2

Total - 13[/spoiler]
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Gt91
Regular

Post by Gt91 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:14 pm

An android that become a ... majin? What? xD

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:39 pm

-Android 21 as the 24th and final character-

Mixed feelings about this. I like she's playable as most of us saw it coming, but I don't like how they blatantly revealed that and just spoiled her transformation.
Couldn't they let us find out by ourselves?! Because I doubt anyone will buy the game only because of her.

As for the transformation, I'm not sure if it like it. She's looks cool, but I don't like how they ditched her beautiful base form design to make her a female Buu. And how many villains that can absorb and use other characters techniques this franchise needs?!

Well I guess this is it. Here I was hoping for one more character reveal from the show.
8 DLC characters we have to pay if we want them, when this is a new DB game in 2018 and the base roster only has 24 characters, geez... so greedy.
Asura wrote:
FortuneSSJ wrote:My favourite characters are - Beerus, Krillin, "Teen" Gohan and Kid Buu. I especially love the first two. Beerus saved me a lot of times and Krillin is better than ever. I like how tricky he can be.
In all fairness, I think calling him Adult Gohan is actually accurate for this game. It seems to me like he's the Gohan from Super since he mentions something about being late for a conference.
I was talking about Cell Games Gohan (you could play with him in the tutorial mode), who is always called "Teen" Gohan in video games even though he was like 10/11 years old during the Cell Games. As for Adult Gohan, yeah I think he's DBS Gohan too. He also says to Krillin how tough being a dad is.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:39 pm

So, a quick couple of questions, since other online sources have been a bit unclear for me.

1) I did get some kind of pre-order notification e-mail via my pre-order on Amazon, but can you get into the open beta that'll start again later today if your pre-order was for a physical version, or is that only with the digital versions?

2) If it does work for the physical versions, exactly how do you get into the beta? I saw someone say that you go to PSN and download something that'll pop up, but I saw nothing when I checked earlier.

3) If it is something on PSN, is it now only available if you already downloaded that thing earlier when the first open beta started?

I'm fine just waiting till the game comes out, but I guess checking it out via the beta, if I can, would be fun enough, since usually that kinda stuff happens on days I work.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Asura
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Asura » Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:00 pm

Gyt Kaliba wrote:So, a quick couple of questions, since other online sources have been a bit unclear for me.

1) I did get some kind of pre-order notification e-mail via my pre-order on Amazon, but can you get into the open beta that'll start again later today if your pre-order was for a physical version, or is that only with the digital versions?

2) If it does work for the physical versions, exactly how do you get into the beta? I saw someone say that you go to PSN and download something that'll pop up, but I saw nothing when I checked earlier.

3) If it is something on PSN, is it now only available if you already downloaded that thing earlier when the first open beta started?

I'm fine just waiting till the game comes out, but I guess checking it out via the beta, if I can, would be fun enough, since usually that kinda stuff happens on days I work.
You don't need to pre-order to get into the beta. I made this same mistake too on Saturday thinking that I never got an email so I couldn't play. You just gotta go on to the PSN Store, search up FighterZ, and you'll see the open beta for download.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:05 pm

Asura wrote:You don't need to pre-order to get into the beta. I made this same mistake too on Saturday thinking that I never got an email so I couldn't play. You just gotta go on to the PSN Store, search up FighterZ, and you'll see the open beta for download.
Huh, I tried looking earlier on my PS4 and it wasn't there...weird. Guess I can check via my computer too and maybe the PS4 again when it's time that the Beta should have started, and see if it's popping up again or not. Thanks!

Update: Okay, soooo...checked PSN via my computer, found the Beta to download for free. Couldn't get it until I logged in. Once I logged in and it went back to the screen, that option was gone, just leaving the base game, FighterZ edition, and Ultimate editions...the heck?

Update 2: Searched for 'Dragon Ball' instead of 'FighterZ' and now it showed up under the 'see all' option. Weird way to have it all listed, but there it is.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:17 pm

According to the English translation of her info, #21 is able to "Drink Energy" from her foes in battle.

Then next to the Solar Flare image, it states that she got it from draining Krillien's energy. So my guess is that #21 has an empty move slot that can be filled with copied attack after she drains them.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:16 pm

So, a quick couple of questions, since these leaks have been a bit unclear for me:

1) What is this new form for Android 21? It's her after absorb Boo and other villains?

2) Why her base form will not be available to play with?

3) The roster is now closed? Any character to come next will be DLC only?
Last edited by Noah on Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:39 pm

I am loving the Brutalities Dramatic Finishes this game has! I am so excited, I can't wait to buy it day one.

Asura

Post by Asura » Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:32 am

IGN just did an unboxing video of the collector's edition. The statue looks... not as good as I was expecting, although I didn't get the collector's edition anyhow so it's of no loss to me. Here's a picture of it.

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

New_Guy
Not-So-Newbie

Post by New_Guy » Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:37 am

Kinda wanted Cabba in this game.. Don't know why. I just did. His combos were nice and flashy in Xenoverse 2. Oh well though. Would've been nice for Hit to have at least one universe 6 comerad.

NintendoBlaze53
Regular

Post by NintendoBlaze53 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:26 am

Asura wrote:IGN just did an unboxing video of the collector's edition. The statue looks... not as good as I was expecting, although I didn't get the collector's edition anyhow so it's of no loss to me. Here's a picture of it.

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
The collectors edition is sold out here in Australia and I do have mine on preorder. I still honestly can't decide if it's worth the $200. Those art cards are beautiful and the statue is.... nice-ish? I can't help but feel I'd be better to just get a different Dragon Ball statue. Like another Figuarts Zero figure.
"You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that's where you'll find the things more important than what you want." -Ging Freecss

If you care about opinionated/critical analysis and reviews of anime, manga and gaming products, feel free to check out my website. https://otakustance.wordpress.com/

Kataphrut

Post by Kataphrut » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:16 am

Back in the beta yet again, finally hit Saiyan rank.

Man, the ranked matches get rough at that point. I had a string of losses when i got back in, took a while to find my fingers. My win/loss ratio is skirting dangerously close to 50/50 and I'm afraid of what happens if I hit that. The universe may end.

Rocking Goku/18/Nappa at the moment, swapped out 18 from Krillin. 18's barrier assist is so good, a very underrated DR stopper.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:31 am

NintendoBlaze53 wrote:
Asura wrote:IGN just did an unboxing video of the collector's edition. The statue looks... not as good as I was expecting, although I didn't get the collector's edition anyhow so it's of no loss to me. Here's a picture of it.

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
The collectors edition is sold out here in Australia and I do have mine on preorder. I still honestly can't decide if it's worth the $200. Those art cards are beautiful and the statue is.... nice-ish? I can't help but feel I'd be better to just get a different Dragon Ball statue. Like another Figuarts Zero figure.
It's definitely not worth it especially since you don't get the DLC. The Shikishi art cards you can pick up fairly cheap online (and the art on them isn't even that great imo) and the SMSD statue is not great it's way too small, XV2 giving you the Supreme MSP was more bang for the buck that's the size the SMSD should have been.

Super Saiyan Swagger

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:04 am

Welp, I officially hate the internet. One little scroll through Twitter and Android 21's new form is spoiled for me. Great. That would've been such a crazy surprise if I didn't see that.

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Post by omegalucas » Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:34 am

https://youtu.be/DR4n9QJch8E

All dramatic cutscenes so far, even Trunks vs Freeza and Krillin vs Saibaimen, in Japanese.
DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:Kanzenshuu! We annoy voice actors, get composers fired....and occasionally talk about Dragon Ball

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:36 am

NintendoBlaze53 wrote:It's not full price in Japan. The RRP is 5800 yen which is well reduced compared to other fighters like Tekken 7 or even FighterZ.
$52 is "reduced"? That's not very much lower than a standard game. What do games cost normally at retail?
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!