"Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

simtek34
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" (PS4/XBO/PC, 2018, Arc System Works) Official Discussion Thread

Post by simtek34 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:17 am

Part of Dragon Ball FighterZ Promotion on Bandai's Twitter, I found the Stupidest Tweet Ever https://twitter.com/BandaiNamcoUS/statu ... 1384345600

Newbie — 06/27/2016
Not-So-Newbie — ???
Beyond Newbie — ???
Beyond-The-Beyond-Newbie — 12/20/2016
Regular — 02/05/2017
OMG CRAZY REG — 06/14/2017

Xbox Live: PlushGerm24109
Everywhere else: simtek34

cheddarsword
Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" (PS4/XBO/PC, 2018, Arc System Works) Official Discussion Thread

Post by cheddarsword » Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:19 pm

Was it ever stated if Daisuke Ishiwatari has a hand in this game? The music seems to carry his touch at least.

Simere
Advanced Regular

Post by Simere » Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:27 pm

cheddarsword wrote:Was it ever stated if Daisuke Ishiwatari has a hand in this game? The music seems to carry his touch at least.
Woocash: Are either of you working on Dragon Ball FighterZ? What’s your involvement?

Daisuke Ishiwatari [creator of the Guilty Gear series]: No, we are not.

Woocash: But it uses the same engine as Guilty Gear, doesn’t it?

Ishiwatari: I mean, there’s some small, casual advice I have given, but not in a big-scale level, like in a meeting or anything.

cheddarsword
Regular

Post by cheddarsword » Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:52 pm

Simere wrote:
cheddarsword wrote:Was it ever stated if Daisuke Ishiwatari has a hand in this game? The music seems to carry his touch at least.
Woocash: Are either of you working on Dragon Ball FighterZ? What’s your involvement?

Daisuke Ishiwatari [creator of the Guilty Gear series]: No, we are not.

Woocash: But it uses the same engine as Guilty Gear, doesn’t it?

Ishiwatari: I mean, there’s some small, casual advice I have given, but not in a big-scale level, like in a meeting or anything.
Huh. As good as the music is, I thought he would have at least helped out there. Interesting. Seems ASW has a good music team that doesn't involve Daisuke.

Big Black Sayian
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Big Black Sayian » Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:15 pm

Piccolo has Hellzone grenade, Krillin throws multiple discs and Senzu Beans, and there's a replay channel with emotes (Cell face for example)

http://www.shonengamez.com/2017/07/20/d ... -revealed/

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:29 pm

Nice, senzu beans! :D
As a fan one cannot be disappointed, this is the manga brought into a game! Those Kienzan look huge.

Replay mode is also cool.

The only think that irks me is naming Kuririn's attack Scatter Kamehameha, I don't know if it was called like that in other games, not every ki wave is a bloody Kamehameha.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:35 pm

I saw the recent videos and more and more I think this game will be DBZ based only. I can't see any DB/GT/SUPER characters on this, maybe on a DLC, but not in the original rooster. Also they don't pretend to add the Base Saiyans?
FortuneSSJ wrote:It's a little detail but they gave Krillin his DBS outfit. Great!
You talk like it was a new outfit, but it's the same he uses since the Saiyan Arc, I guess.
Last edited by Noah on Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:40 pm

LightBing wrote:The only think that irks me is naming Kuririn's attack Scatter Kamehameha, I don't know if it was called like that in other games, not every ki wave is a bloody Kamehameha.
It's not called "Scatter Kamehameha" in the Japanese text underneath; it's the "Scattering Ki/Energy Blast/Wave" (拡散エネルギー波 Kakusan Enerugī-ha), the same name it's given in, for example, Daizenshuu 7 in relation to the attack he uses on the Saibaimen. Dunno why someone would write that, but I don't have every other video game in front of me to check for precedent.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:47 pm

VegettoEX wrote:
LightBing wrote:The only think that irks me is naming Kuririn's attack Scatter Kamehameha, I don't know if it was called like that in other games, not every ki wave is a bloody Kamehameha.
It's not called "Scatter Kamehameha" in the Japanese text underneath; it's the "Scattering Ki/Energy Blast/Wave" (拡散エネルギー波 Kakusan Enerugī-ha), the same name it's given in, for example, Daizenshuu 7 in relation to the attack he uses on the Saibaimen. Dunno why someone would write that, but I don't have every other video game in front of me to check for precedent.
Thanks for pointing it out. Maybe the translator isn't that familiar with Dragon Ball and made an assumption regarding the term.

Quebaz
Advanced Regular

Post by Quebaz » Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:11 pm

Yeah, it is called Scatter Kamehameha in the Dimps games but Scattering Blast or a variation of it in every other game, the translator probably chose it as it's the most recent term that fans must be familiar with.

Every single piece of news have been awesome by the way, this is really shaping up to be what I always wanted, ecstatic to see Hellzone Grenade being a special instead of a Super and/or Ultimate again, it opens the door for a ton of possibilities that way instead of being a one and done thing.
A LUZ INFINITA!
Steam: Quebaz
PSN: BSSJ3
Tumblr

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:09 pm

I see people say that FighterZ was being made before Super was announce. Does anyone have proof to back it up?
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Quebaz
Advanced Regular

Post by Quebaz » Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:22 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:I see people say that FighterZ was being made before Super was announce. Does anyone have proof to back it up?
The producer has said in an interview that the idea came shortly after Extreme Butouden's release, so it couldn't have been before Super.
A LUZ INFINITA!
Steam: Quebaz
PSN: BSSJ3
Tumblr

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:57 pm

Noah wrote:
FortuneSSJ wrote:It's a little detail but they gave Krillin his DBS outfit. Great!
You talk like it was a new outfit, but it's the same he uses since the Saiyan Arc, I guess.
It's the same indeed but there's a little change which is the blue leg bands that he started to use in Super.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

cheddarsword
Regular

Post by cheddarsword » Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:28 pm

For your viewing pleasure: Maximillian Dood has uploaded his entire EVO run which includes one helluva comeback which he calls his "EVO Moment".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4XrTZux3Eo

To jump right to his comeback battle: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4XrTZux3Eo#t=24m00s

NOTE: I think Rhymestyle is one of the commentators.

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:44 pm

Nice to know Kuririn will have true unblockable moves (Destructo Disk).
Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:27 am

Surprised Piccolo has 5 fingers.

MainJPW
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MainJPW » Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:24 am

Nickolaidas wrote:Hey Krillin, have you been lifting? Cause you look JACK'D!
He looks more reminiscent of his appearance in Z when he had a more muscular build. I'm still wondering why he looks so scrawny in Super.
Doctor. wrote:Surprised Piccolo has 5 fingers.
That and I was hoping for some Manga colours, I dig Piccolo's red belt more than the blue one.

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:44 pm

Since Kuririn is the only "Assist Specialized" character get ready to see him in every team in the Beta.

I'm very interested in the strategies that can be built. Shame there's no beta for PC.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:04 pm

Why? You thought this game was 100% manga based?
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:08 pm

Noah wrote:
Why? You thought this game was 100% manga based?
No, it's obvious it has anime inspiration, but it would have been a treat to see for the mangafans. The anime-only fans don't care about the number of fingers Piccolo has.