"Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

majinwarman
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Post by majinwarman » Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:46 pm

Ranmaru Rei wrote:
majinwarman wrote:Now that it has been a four months, do anyone believe that this game can last past a year in its lifetime? Do you think in two years you will continue to play this game?
It's one of the most successful fighting games, if not the most successful. So, IMHO, the game have very big chance for 2nd season pass or sequel.
Thank you for your opinion!
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

NintendoBlaze53
Regular

Post by NintendoBlaze53 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:20 am

If I had to choose something from the manga to get in the game. I'd be SSB Goku using Hakai on Merged Zamasu as a dramatic finish. But chances are the dramatic finishes with go to Vegetto and Trunks beating Zamasu.
"You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that's where you'll find the things more important than what you want." -Ging Freecss

If you care about opinionated/critical analysis and reviews of anime, manga and gaming products, feel free to check out my website. https://otakustance.wordpress.com/

Kataphrut

Post by Kataphrut » Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:40 am

I don't see the Super manga being too well-represented, since the anime came first and is more well-known. I know there is a vocal portion of the fandom that prefers the manga, but I don't see the game choosing to focus too heavily on it. There's a reason SSB Goku's level 3 was the Kaioken after all.

Mind you, if I had to pick one thing from the Super manga, it would actually be giving Blue Vegeta the Gamma Burst Flash as a lvl 3 instead of the Final Flash. Granted there's not much difference between the two, but it is at least a distinction between the two versions of Vegeta.

Logania
Regular

Post by Logania » Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:06 am

NintendoBlaze53 wrote:If I had to choose something from the manga to get in the game. I'd be SSB Goku using Hakai on Merged Zamasu as a dramatic finish. But chances are the dramatic finishes with go to Vegetto and Trunks beating Zamasu.
I'd be down for that. I mean we had Bardock have an entire what-if win against Freeza as a finisher and also Yamcha's what-if against Nappa so we know they're not against doing some crazy stuff. They could potentially do the Hakai with Goku and Zamasu, or hell, have an even more dramatic Hakai with Beerus against him.
"I can't increase my ability through some kind of noisy transformation the way Frost and you Saiyans do. If I wanna become more lethal, I don't have the luxury of cutting corners, I just have to do it the old-fashioned way.

Combat is craft. What matters most is not raw power, but the skill by which you hone it."

KayDash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KayDash » Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:29 am

Sorry guys, but judging from what we already have, it doesn't seems like they will take any moves from the Super manga.
I don't think other characters having the portal stuff (Janemba) and the katchin block (Shin) being the problem, as other characters has far more common moves shared between them, and it's always possible to make them work differently. (And those characters are not even in the game yet.) I think it's mostly that Super anime has the wider audience reach over the manga, and ASW went with that iteration.

Btw, I wonder if Zamasu's seperate reveal means that we will also get single character releases now instead of pairs. But I guess probably not.
i also wonder if Zamasu's disfigured form will make an appearence as one of his Super moves. Knowing from the datamining that Trunks will have the Sword of Hope dramatic finish against him, I'm pretty sure he will appear at least in that cutscene.

KayDash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KayDash » Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:51 am

majinwarman wrote:
Ranmaru Rei wrote:
majinwarman wrote:Now that it has been a four months, do anyone believe that this game can last past a year in its lifetime? Do you think in two years you will continue to play this game?
It's one of the most successful fighting games, if not the most successful. So, IMHO, the game have very big chance for 2nd season pass or sequel.
Let me add another thought to this:
The King of Fighters XIV got released in 2016, it was always a series that was far more in the background compared to the likes of Street Fighter, Tekken, MK, etc.
KOF XIV didn't get much hype when it was released, it wasn't in EVO, and the art style looks like something that could come not long after the PS2 era.
Despite all of this, the game is still alive, people are playing it, and it just got 4 new DLC characters, and likely more will come later.
Of course there's always the development cost (and in this case licensing cost too) when it comes to video games, for example MvC:Infinite had far worse sales then they expected, and after one season of DLCs it seems like it's over.
At the same time, FighterZ is one of the most commercially succesful fighting games so far, it break some records even on Steam with the Win/PC version. Despite how FGC always had a distaste over DBZ fighters in the past, now it's the main event at EVO.
It would be a "hell freezes over" situation for Bandai to drop the support of FighterZ with new content.

KayDash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KayDash » Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:57 am

Fused Zamasu:
https://twitter.com/dbgame_official/sta ... 9564210177
(one of the pics is new)

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:43 pm

Finally decided to try my hand with the rumored DLC character:

https://dhochoyblog.wordpress.com/2018/ ... -fighterz/
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

majinwarman

Post by majinwarman » Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:55 pm

KayDash wrote:
majinwarman wrote:
Ranmaru Rei wrote:It's one of the most successful fighting games, if not the most successful. So, IMHO, the game have very big chance for 2nd season pass or sequel.
Let me add another thought to this:
The King of Fighters XIV got released in 2016, it was always a series that was far more in the background compared to the likes of Street Fighter, Tekken, MK, etc.
KOF XIV didn't get much hype when it was released, it wasn't in EVO, and the art style looks like something that could come not long after the PS2 era.
Despite all of this, the game is still alive, people are playing it, and it just got 4 new DLC characters, and likely more will come later.
Of course there's always the development cost (and in this case licensing cost too) when it comes to video games, for example MvC:Infinite had far worse sales then they expected, and after one season of DLCs it seems like it's over.
At the same time, FighterZ is one of the most commercially succesful fighting games so far, it break some records even on Steam with the Win/PC version. Despite how FGC always had a distaste over DBZ fighters in the past, now it's the main event at EVO.
It would be a "hell freezes over" situation for Bandai to drop the support of FighterZ with new content.
I'm just interested in people here think of FighterZ.
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."

KayDash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KayDash » Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:28 pm

Btw, the translated scan said they will reveal Zamasu release date in next V Jump. Does anyone know when will it come out?

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:34 pm

KayDash wrote:Btw, the translated scan said they will reveal Zamasu release date in next V Jump. Does anyone know when will it come out?
Around this time next month. They will most likely reveal the other DLC character too.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:32 pm

KayDash wrote:Btw, the translated scan said they will reveal Zamasu release date in next V Jump. Does anyone know when will it come out?
V-Jump is released on the 21st of every month, barring a Sunday or a holiday, in which case it is moved up to the earliest appropriate day. The July 2018 issue of V-Jump will be released Monday, May 21.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:13 am

Silly question, but do UK copies of the game have "version 1.07 UK" on their title screen or "version 1.07 EU"? :wtf:

KayDash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KayDash » Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:43 pm

VegettoEX wrote:
V-Jump is released on the 21st of every month, barring a Sunday or a holiday, in which case it is moved up to the earliest appropriate day. The July 2018 issue of V-Jump will be released Monday, May 21.
Thank you!
Now I'm a bit confused though. Are V Jump, Monthly Shonen Jump and Jump Magazine are the same or different things? Which one of them had the latest preview of Zamasu DLC? (and did the other monthly FighterZ character reveals)

Logania
Regular

Post by Logania » Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:57 pm

The official FighterZ website finally added Fused Zamasu and his stats were incorrect as they were actually Broly's stats.

His ease of use is a B! That's the hardest 'ease of use' stat in the game so far to my knowledge. I'm actually very interested in how he plays now.
"I can't increase my ability through some kind of noisy transformation the way Frost and you Saiyans do. If I wanna become more lethal, I don't have the luxury of cutting corners, I just have to do it the old-fashioned way.

Combat is craft. What matters most is not raw power, but the skill by which you hone it."

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:07 pm

Logania wrote:The official FighterZ website finally added Fused Zamasu and his stats were incorrect as they were actually Broly's stats.

His ease of use is a B! That's the hardest 'ease of use' stat in the game so far to my knowledge. I'm actually very interested in how he plays now.

Well, he is a real god, of course a mortal cannot use him.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:29 pm

KayDash wrote:Now I'm a bit confused though. Are V Jump, Monthly Shonen Jump and Jump Magazine are the same or different things? Which one of them had the latest preview of Zamasu DLC? (and did the other monthly FighterZ character reveals)
Click through to the very link you quoted.

(Monthly Shonen Jump doesn't exist anymore. Weekly Shonen Jump is released each Monday in Japan, and is the one with all the big serializations like One Piece. V-Jump is released on the 21st of each month, is their promotional, multimedia-focused magazine primarily focused on video games, and also happens to be the place where the Dragon Ball Super manga is serialized.)
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Logania
Regular

Post by Logania » Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:41 pm

Cetra wrote:
Logania wrote:The official FighterZ website finally added Fused Zamasu and his stats were incorrect as they were actually Broly's stats.

Well, he is a real god, of course a mortal cannot use him.
Well, half God, but yeah I'm glad he's gonna be hard to use. Might get me back into this game.

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:52 pm

He looks cool as hell!
Power levels are not just big numbers:

by Doctor.

Logania
Regular

Post by Logania » Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:02 pm

I wonder how they're going to do his colors, mainly his color 2.

Are they going to carry over the colors that regular Zamasu has with Black, or are they going to go completely different?

His color 2 (reference color) could be a number of things

- Supreme Kai Shin's colors from Goku Black 2
- Gowasu/Zamasu's colors
- God of Destruction Rumsshi's colors

I hope they have regular Zamasu's colors.