"Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Logania
Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Logania » Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:46 pm

KayDash wrote:Not in the manga though:
What I wonder is why did they made it blue colored? It was yellow both in the manga and in the anime.
https://youtu.be/UaRcIEF5tZQ?t=79
Ah okay, it was kind of bluish at the end.
I think it is just the angle he drew it at for the blast to me. In the manga and anime he's clearly throwing him away and not just straight up.

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Although I guess they used the blue blast color like how it is in the anime instead of the manga.

Even though all these technicalities, I hope they have a stylish different ending to the level 3 super depending on if it's a killing blow (like Android 21's reactions to eating people or Beerus actually destroying Black/Zamasu instead of sending them back.)

It would make the kind of bland finishing move it is a lot more fun if Vegeta laughs and licks his lips if it kills someone, or hell, even just against Nappa. I mean they already have the pose, so maybe it is in the super already.
"I can't increase my ability through some kind of noisy transformation the way Frost and you Saiyans do. If I wanna become more lethal, I don't have the luxury of cutting corners, I just have to do it the old-fashioned way.

Combat is craft. What matters most is not raw power, but the skill by which you hone it."

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:58 pm

KayDash wrote:
Logania wrote:Vegeta's pose on his level 3 looks so weird. The attack when he killed Nappa was the beam coming out of his chest, here he's just posing looking off somewhere and the beam is just coming out of his whole body straight up, similar to Trunks level 3.
Not in the manga though:
What I wonder is why did they made it blue colored? It was yellow both in the manga and in the anime.
https://youtu.be/UaRcIEF5tZQ?t=79
Ah okay, it was kind of bluish at the end.
Oh, is that what is was? i thought it was just Goku firing a kamehameha down
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:34 pm

Now that we have Saiyan Saga Vegeta and Nappa, it feels really odd Radditz isn't in the game. He feels left out, I hope Radditz is added in a sequel or something.

Attitudefan
I Live Here

Post by Attitudefan » Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:48 pm

Saiyan arc Vegeta should be voiced by Brian Drummond for the English version of the game.
My favourite art style (and animation) outside Toriyama who worked on Dragon Ball: Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru, Masaki Satō, Minoru Maeda, Takeo Ide, Hisashi Eguchi, Katsumi Aoshima, Tomekichi Takeuchi, Masahiro Shimanuki, Kazuya Hisada

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:34 am

KayDash wrote:Okay, since everyone is posting their wishlists for S2 DLC, here's mine. But instead of posting only pictures or names, I will also explain what they could add mechanically to the game, and how that would make them stand out from the rest of the cast.

Pride Troopers pack:
Jiren: He could play similarly to Yamcha or Bardock, with a few projetiles, and mostly close range strikes, and his Power Impact should have be a command grab like super, and could be the version how he stopped Kale's rampage. Beside all of that he could work as an install character, with his full power (the one where he has the UI like aura) working as a lv.3.
Toppo: Just by looking at his moveset, he could play similarly to Android 16 with the grapples, and close range stuff. Except with the difference of that the God of Destruction mode could work as an install. (there are no grappers in this game, with installs) He could also gain a new move, which is a slow Hakai Ball (think M.Bison's projectile in SFV) which would help him setting up the enemy for command grabs and such.

Female warriors pack:
Mai: I'm pretty sure someone will say that she is a weakling compared to the rest of the cast. That's true, but the same could be said about Nappa or Ginyu, or Mr.Satan who is a character that a lot of people asking for. So anyway, she would be more like a projectile heavy character, with using all of her guns, riffles and vehicles. And a fleshbang grenades too, to paralyze the opponent. Her supers could include stuff like using her full army to unleash a bullet hell on the enemy, using a Pilaf robot for a meteor style attack, etc.
Her flying stuff could be handled with simply wearing a backpack which not just stores her weapons, but also works as a jetpack.
Also, adding a bullet counter and some reloading could be an intereting mechanic for her.

Caulifla (with Kale): Kale would work as a support, and would have some cool combination moves from the anime. Kind of similarly to Black and Zamasu. Her level 3 could be the the fusion, and then she would unleash that electric attack, upgradable with another two meters to the christmas beam finisher, like we saw it in the anime.

Geezer pack:
Roshi: If you think about Roshi, most of his unique attacks are about paralyzing the opponent. Like that electric beam stuff, his hypnosis and even the Mafuba. Most of this overall gameplay would be using these attacks to setting up the opponent with these for a heavy beating. Of course he could have the buffed up Kamehameha super, and Mafuba also as a super, which could other then causing damage (to Roshi himself too), could trap the opponent in a bottle, so the opponents team mates could still free him if they are standing. This way it wouldn't be as powerful as Android 16's self destruction.

Android 20: His gimmick would be obviously the energy absorption. There are multiple ways of how he did that in the manga, and they could all work as special moves. He could also catch projectiles and absorb them for a bit of health.

Demon pack:
Dabura: Dabura's attacks were different looking even in the anime. Maybe his fire attacks could cause the enemy to burn, and lose some additional HP in the following seconds. Like F.A.N.G.'s poison attacks in SFV. His spear could obviously be a projectile attack, but maybe his sword could work as short time powerup, where sword attacks could replace his normal punches, adding additional damage and range.

Janemba: Another demon-like character, with a sword... Well, he has teleport, and lots of space-bending stuffs in the movie. I could imagine him working well the most, if the opponent is far away, and mostly playing the game of keeping them out.
The best DLC pack I've ever seen. But it won't happen unfortunately - very few Saiyans in there.

I see it more like:

Raditz
Saiyan (Kale or Cabba)
Saiyan (Caulifla or Kefla)
Saiyan (Gogeta)
Saiyan (Goten)
Saiyan (Kid Trunks)
Janemba / Gero
Dabura / 19

So the DLC pack would be like:
Wave 1 - Kid Saiyans (Goten and Kid Trunks)
Wave 2 - U6 Saiyans (Cabbe / Kale & Caulifla / Kefla)
Wave 3 - More Saiyans (Raditz & Gogeta)
Wave 4 - Demons / Evil Androids (Dabura & Janemba / Gero & 19)

IM21
Banned

Post by IM21 » Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:41 am

Logania wrote:Vegeta's pose on his level 3 looks so weird. The attack when he killed Nappa was the beam coming out of his chest, here he's just posing looking off somewhere and the beam is just coming out of his whole body straight up, similar to Trunks level 3.
He used it against Cabba too.

SSJmole
Advanced Regular

Post by SSJmole » Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:29 pm

I finally beat all 3 stories. According to trophy only 17% of people have done it! I took a break through android 21s as story mode was boring as hell. Honestly I don't want a season 2. I want a sequel.

Story - make it fun to play though and less of like 3-5 fights and random cutscene. Donut injustice / mortal Kombat way so cutscene fight cutscene fight ect .. maybe add a mini game or two so it's a big story and fun.

Arcade mode - we need arcade endings. I hat beating a fighting games arcade and no ending it's one reason MvC:I sucked so much.

Other fixes I'd do is more unique controls per person instead of same method big attacks. If you do a hub with shop sell alternative costumes (not colours) for fighters example pink shirt vegeta.

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Sun Jul 22, 2018 4:13 pm

SSJmole wrote:I finally beat all 3 stories. According to trophy only 17% of people have done it! I took a break through android 21s as story mode was boring as hell. Honestly I don't want a season 2. I want a sequel.

Story - make it fun to play though and less of like 3-5 fights and random cutscene. Donut injustice / mortal Kombat way so cutscene fight cutscene fight ect .. maybe add a mini game or two so it's a big story and fun.

Arcade mode - we need arcade endings. I hat beating a fighting games arcade and no ending it's one reason MvC:I sucked so much.

Other fixes I'd do is more unique controls per person instead of same method big attacks. If you do a hub with shop sell alternative costumes (not colours) for fighters example pink shirt vegeta.
I agree with the arcade mode - also, have the enemy teams completely randomized rather than having a fixed number of A.I. controlled teams that are always faced in the same order.

And yeah, the rpg story mode didn't really work because your team would always fight clones. But the 3v3 mechanic makes an MK-like story mode difficult since the the roster choice is fairly limited (and there's usually the entire team of good guys vs a single bad guy in DB - how can you make this work on a MK-like story mode with - remember - 3v3?).

And yeah, #21's story mode was boring and horrible - unless one had a hard-on for the android and considered her his waifu.

SSJmole
Advanced Regular

Post by SSJmole » Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:11 pm

Nickolaidas wrote:
SSJmole wrote:I finally beat all 3 stories. According to trophy only 17% of people have done it! I took a break through android 21s as story mode was boring as hell. Honestly I don't want a season 2. I want a sequel.

I agree with the arcade mode - also, have the enemy teams completely randomized rather than having a fixed number of A.I. controlled teams that are always faced in the same order.

And yeah, the rpg story mode didn't really work because your team would always fight clones. But the 3v3 mechanic makes an MK-like story mode difficult since the the roster choice is fairly limited (and there's usually the entire team of good guys vs a single bad guy in DB - how can you make this work on a MK-like story mode with - remember - 3v3?).

And yeah, #21's story mode was boring and horrible - unless one had a hard-on for the android and considered her his waifu.
I was thinking similar to that but all cutscene were group based. Or as game has 1 on 1 that for story. I just hated the fight 5 clone battles , cutscene , fight 5 clone battles , cutscene structure. If that makes sense. It was annoying to say the least.

She was very worthy of waifu status however she's no xenoverse Towa :lol: joking yeah here's was worse as had no choice in characters till right near end.

Jord
Advanced Regular

Post by Jord » Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:14 am

I would also like the story more if we could use DLC characters, even if they wouldn't have specific cutscenes.

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:49 am

G & V's palettes revealed

http://dba.bn-ent.net/dlc/
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

Jord
Advanced Regular

Post by Jord » Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:14 am

The S wrote:G & V's palettes revealed

Too bad we didn't get a End of Z Blue Goku outfit.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:34 am

Jord wrote:
The S wrote:G & V's palettes revealed

Too bad we didn't get a End of Z Blue Goku outfit.
His GT gi would also be a good idea.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:59 am

FortuneSSJ wrote: His GT gi would also be a good idea.
The second outfit has the GT colors

mahakaishin1991
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:09 pm

mute_proxy wrote:
FortuneSSJ wrote: His GT gi would also be a good idea.
The second outfit has the GT colors
in complete inversion

do we know the references? I like how debut vegeta is a colour scheme

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:23 pm

mahakaishin1991 wrote:
in complete inversion
Yellow pants, light blue (under)shirt, red wristbands, white belt.

Tai Lung

Post by Tai Lung » Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:00 pm

it's very unlikely but ... does anyone believe that jako should be in the game? the list of movements should be quite original with weapons and items
Last edited by Tai Lung on Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:10 pm

Seems like the trailers are coming out tomorrow. https://twitter.com/openrec/status/1021 ... 18530?s=21
Tai Lung wrote:it's very unlikely but ... does anyone believe that jako should be in the game? the list of movements should be quite original with your weapons and items
I'm all for that. We need a gag character besides Gotenks in the game. Jaco, Mr. Satan or Great Saiyaman.

Logania
Regular

Post by Logania » Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:22 pm

The GT Goku colors are just plain ugly. They couldn't bother making the top half of the gi blue? Also gotta make those boots black and white, not pink.

I'm surprised Arcsys hasn't released DLC colors for characters yet, actually.
"I can't increase my ability through some kind of noisy transformation the way Frost and you Saiyans do. If I wanna become more lethal, I don't have the luxury of cutting corners, I just have to do it the old-fashioned way.

Combat is craft. What matters most is not raw power, but the skill by which you hone it."

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:35 pm

mute_proxy wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:
in complete inversion
Yellow pants, light blue (under)shirt, red wristbands, white belt.
Except it is waaaay more yellow in the top than should be. It would look closer if the undershit was yellow and the top blue