"Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TL18
Beyond Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" (PS4/XBO/PC, 2018, Arc System Works) Official Discussion Thread

Post by TL18 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:17 am

LaRésistance wrote:
TL18 wrote:https://youtu.be/CGAJMNi6ryg

Just another update from Maximilian about FighterZ, basically a quick run down of what's we know so far with some new info (if you are just checking in every now and then)
He keeps talking about interviews he saw online but never mentions his sources. Most of the stuff he says in this clearly comes from my interview. He could at least have put a link to the original interview in the description below his video. Not cool.
Well to be fair, your interview needed to be translated and he interviewed them as well. I'm sure other websites had snipets plus their own parts that posted around the internet that he saw and then used that as well.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" (PS4/XBO/PC, 2018, Arc System Works) Official Discussion Thread

Post by Lord Beerus » Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:14 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:Z Trunks confirmed.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DC6QUFHVYAAB9N2.jpg:large
Awesome. It was to expected given how unique his moveset could be with his sword. I'm hoping he can transform into SSJ2 and SSJI.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:00 pm

FT Trunks is cool, even though I care more for his DBS version than I ever did for the DBZ one.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:53 pm

This easily looks better than every game released since 2008 and will probably be the most fun I've had with a Dragon Ball game since Budokai 3! Probably even more so since I love fighting games and the FGC.

I trust that gameplay wise this game is going to deliver. If anything the only things I hope for are aesthetic. meaning, I hope that they add more costumes.. though I know ASW is more so known for the 20 different palette colors as opposed to actual attire. I just also Really want some kick ass music! BlazBlu's sound track is awesome.

Just imagine Vegeta going SSJ to a bgm as dope as https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StjxfSnwiVg
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:09 pm

Good ol' nice Future Trunks, not that blue haired punk from Super, I hope :)
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

EA575
Regular

Post by EA575 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:16 pm

Noah wrote:
Good ol' nice Future Trunks, not that blue haired punk from Super, I hope :)
He's doing his Heat Dome Attack, so I don't think you need to worry about that other one :P

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:43 pm

I hope we get one or two silly characters. Mr.Satan should definitely be one of them. It just isn't truly Dragon Ball without some comedy even in a pure fighting game, I hope the developers understand that.
Does any know if they(developers) have more relaxed characters in their games? Or it's all serious business all the time?

A pipe dream of mine is Launch as a character. Machine guns, throwing her bike and sneezing as an ultimate. It would be pretty fun and extremely flavourful.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:34 am

LightBing wrote:I hope we get one or two silly characters. Mr.Satan should definitely be one of them. It just isn't truly Dragon Ball without some comedy even in a pure fighting game, I hope the developers understand that.
I'm not sure they will cause we're not going to get that many characters to begin with so chances are they'll focus on the main ones for the time being.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

EA575
Regular

Post by EA575 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:10 am

I guess you can consider Faust a silly character in Guilty Gear, but even then he's still really good lol

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:25 am

I'd love to see Future Mai as a playable character but I know it won't happen. She can't even fly and the dashing mechanic would look awkard with her. Still, I would love to see her as being part of an eventual DBS FT moveset.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

TL18
Beyond Newbie

Post by TL18 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:15 pm

emperior wrote:I'd love to see Future Mai as a playable character but I know it won't happen. She can't even fly and the dashing mechanic would look awkard with her. Still, I would love to see her as being part of an eventual DBS FT moveset.
Well, to be fair, Mr. Satan couldn't fly and most games just give him a jet pack. Soo it wouldn't surprise me if they give her a jet pack. Honestly, Guture Mai would be awesome to play as

Zephyr
I Live Here

Post by Zephyr » Sat Jun 24, 2017 2:41 pm

Tao Pai Pai would have been plenty silly. :cry:

jcogginsa
Advanced Regular

Post by jcogginsa » Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:08 pm

Give me the Pilaf Robot XD

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:39 pm

It would definitely be nice to get some characters from the pre-Z era for this game, but I wouldn't count on it happening. As I recall, the last game to have those characters was BT3.

Ikazvyr
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ikazvyr » Sat Jun 24, 2017 6:03 pm

WittyUsername wrote:It would definitely be nice to get some characters from the pre-Z era for this game, but I wouldn't count on it happening. As I recall, the last game to have those characters was BT3.
It's harder to point who wasn't than to who was in BT3 :lol:
Pre-Z would be awesome since it was more focused on martial arts. For recurring and main characters, I believe will get only Z (and Super?) variations. Who isn't recurring and would be an great addition to the roster? I believe Kame (you know, he never fought in Z if you ignore the movies) and Tao Pai Pai

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:06 pm

Think Raditz and Nappa are in? They're relics of the past, but still classic characters who make it into like every DBZ Fighter.
and I like Raditz. I'd main him.

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:12 pm

Ikazvyr wrote:
WittyUsername wrote:It would definitely be nice to get some characters from the pre-Z era for this game, but I wouldn't count on it happening. As I recall, the last game to have those characters was BT3.
It's harder to point who wasn't than to who was in BT3 :lol:
Pre-Z would be awesome since it was more focused on martial arts. For recurring and main characters, I believe will get only Z (and Super?) variations. Who isn't recurring and would be an great addition to the roster? I believe Kame (you know, he never fought in Z if you ignore the movies) and Tao Pai Pai
Here's the roster I think that'll satisfy everyone:

Goku (Super Saiyan, Super Saiyan Blue)
Pre-Teen Gohan (Super Saiyan 2)
Vegeta (Super Saiyan, Super Saiyan Blue)
Piccolo
Krillin
Trunks (Super Saiyan, Super Trunks)
Gotenks (Super Saiyan 3)
Yamcha
Tien
Master Roshi
Chi-Chi
Videl
Frieza (True Form, Golden Form)
Dr. Gero (#20)
Cell (Perfect, Super Perfect)
Majin Buu
Super Buu (Normal, Absorption ~Gotenks~, Absorption ~Gohan~)
Kid Buu
Beerus
Hit
Merged Zamasu
Bardock
Broly (Legendary Super Saiyan)
Super Janemba
Omega Shenron

The last three can be DLC.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:46 am

Damn good roster. If it also had Janemba and Cooler it would be perfection, but damn good roster. You even got the Gero in. Thumbs up.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:44 am

Nickolaidas wrote:Damn good roster. If it also had Janemba and Cooler it would be perfection, but damn good roster. You even got the Gero in. Thumbs up.
I love Cooler, but why is he a must?
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:03 am

Kanassa wrote:
Nickolaidas wrote:Damn good roster. If it also had Janemba and Cooler it would be perfection, but damn good roster. You even got the Gero in. Thumbs up.
I love Cooler, but why is he a must?
He isn't - I'm just saying that Cooler and Janemba added to his wishlist would make it perfect *for me*. I probably should've stressed that part.