"Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" (PS4/XBO/PC, 2018, Arc System Works) Official Discussion Thread

Post by ekrolo2 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:23 pm

Zamasu55 wrote:Black just roasted Freeza and his golden form. I loved it.
I haven't gotten to that part, so they really do use the whole roster for the story? I wonder if you can link with Black, meaning you're possessing a guy who's possessing Goku's body :lol:
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

Doctor.
Banned

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" (PS4/XBO/PC, 2018, Arc System Works) Official Discussion Thread

Post by Doctor. » Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:32 pm

Zamasu55 wrote:Black just roasted Freeza and his golden form. I loved it.
Where?

Super Saiyan Swagger
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:37 pm

Seeing a Dragon Ball game with a green number on metacritic is so surreal. :lol: This game is getting fantastic reviews.

excelhedge
Beyond Newbie

Post by excelhedge » Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:59 pm

So it appears there are multiple endings depending on how you play.

Super Saiyan Swagger

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:16 pm

The game has local tournament mode for up to 16 players.

Thank you, Arc System Works. I was so afraid that this wasn't going to be in the game since we haven't seen it in a Dragon Ball game for a while, but here it is!

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:19 pm

ShadowBardock89 wrote:So, a theory that was debated a long time ago was just confirmed.
[spoiler]Android 21 was the lover of Dr. Gero and their son was the model for Android 16.[/spoiler]
WAIT WHAT?

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:43 pm

ShadowBardock89 wrote:So, a theory that was debated a long time ago was just confirmed.
[spoiler]Android 21 was the lover of Dr. Gero and their son was the model for Android 16.[/spoiler]
[spoiler]........................ Ok so your telling me that HE...

Has slept with HER!

Well on the up side, it shows that Android 21 was a wonderful women who could fall in love with someone no matter old and ugly they were. On the down side....
Image[/spoiler]
Noah wrote:
Lord Frieza wrote:[spoiler]There appears to be a good and evil version of her... Like with Boo![/spoiler]
But how this even works?
I have no earthly idea.

NintendoBlaze53
Regular

Post by NintendoBlaze53 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:37 pm

I'm not going to gate keep, but can people please learn fighting games before they criticize them? Fighting games aren't just jumping around repeating attacks, they're mental battles with your opponent. You learn the characters, learn the timing of their attacks, so you can tell when your opponent is open and take that opportunity. That's why the term is called a "punish" you're punishing the players mistake. "But people are so much better and I have no way to counter it", that's what training mode is for. You can't jump online and be a master, you must learn before you can play competitively.

Yes right now air combos are all we're seeing because people haven't learnt the game yet. Games evolve and grow as people learn them. I'm pretty sure people weren't wavedashing and l-cancelling as soon as Smash Bros. Melee came out, those were techniques learnt and perfected over time. If your complaints with FighterZ are related to the gameplay being repetitive, too simple, easily abusable. Then maybe you should learn the game more, since all these problems aren't game related they're player related. Getting juggled and combo'd to hell? Well guess what, the game scales damage so the more hits a combo is the less damage, also try blocking? Or reflecting? Chances are the reason you're even getting stuck in the combo is because you left yourself open to a punish.
"You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that's where you'll find the things more important than what you want." -Ging Freecss

If you care about opinionated/critical analysis and reviews of anime, manga and gaming products, feel free to check out my website. https://otakustance.wordpress.com/

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:38 pm

Lord Frieza wrote:

Has slept with HER!

Well on the up side, it shows that Android 21 was a wonderful women who could fall in love with someone no matter old and ugly they were. On the down side....
Image[/spoiler]
Noah wrote:
Lord Frieza wrote:[spoiler]There appears to be a good and evil version of her... Like with Boo![/spoiler]
But how this even works?
I have no earthly idea.

[spoiler]Do we have any idea what Gero looked like when he was young? I mean his son was old enough to be in the Red Ribbon Army (and I don't believe they conscripted children) and of high rank, plus since 16 was made in his image I don't presume they went with "our son but older". Gero could have very well been quite a looker when he was young.

I mean this is the youngest I can find we might have seen him and he's not all craggy

Image[/spoiler]
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

Dragon Wukong
Regular

Post by Dragon Wukong » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:47 pm

[spoiler]So I went through all the cutscenes. What I don't understand is, Android 21 was a good person seemingly before all the cells got put in her, in addition to her being Gero's wife/partner and mothering their child. Why/when/HOW did they get Buu's cells, who doesn't appear until Gero's main lab is trashed and years after the Cell saga?
When did they find time to put Buu cells inside 21?

Did Gero find Buu's container some time before Babidi did? But, Cell's cells are also inside 21 according to Elder Kai. Nothing makes sense or really gets elaborated on it seems.

Also, wouldn't this make Android 21 part of Dragon Ball canon? The story was overseen by Toriyama, and she was made by him. Toyotaro/Toriyama also said there's a chance of her appearing again if she's popular right?[/spoiler]

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:24 pm

Interesting, so we can play the full story mode on the Demo?
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:28 am

Noah wrote:Interesting, so we can play the full story mode on the Demo?
I don't think so?
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

ShadowBardock89
Advanced Regular

Post by ShadowBardock89 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:39 am

mahakaishin1991 wrote: WAIT WHAT?
Lord Frieza wrote:

Has slept with HER!

Image[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Yup. She talks about it in the Android storyline:
There was a time... before I was turned into an android when I was a mother and I had a son.
Later... he became the model for Android 16... and all that it would achieve.
Since it has been confirmed by Toriyama himself that Android 16 was based off Dr. Gero's dead son, well that only leaves one conclusion.

As for the question of did she have any affection for the "good doctor," she says the following after picking the "He's Dead?" option:
Yes, I don't know why I want to cry, but...
It seems, that he was a great scientist... a genius who stood out in his field.
It appears that... he wasn't very nice, however...
Personally, I think we have a Mr. Freeze/Nora Fries situation here.
This is my theory: Dr. Gero's wife became ill with an incurable disease (maybe a cancer of some sort) and while Gero was still loyal to the Red Ribbon Army,
he had a personal stake for researching bio-engineered life forms with regenerative properties as way of curing his wife. She was put under stasis until further
research could be conducted with hopes of curing her disease, but as time progressed and the RRA was destroyed by Goku, he was forced to begin phases to turn her into what we see in the game. In this scenario, Cell was actually a prototype to test his work and if the molecular structure was stable enough for the next phase.
Meanwhile all the data gathered by Gero's drones that were gathering DNA for Cell were also gathering them for Android 21 and they continued to do so as a contingency plan should Gero die.
It was not until Majin Buu appeared (in all his forms) did a stable enough DNA source was found to support Android 21's genetic structure. Unfortunately, the disease manifested itself as part of her psyche as an insatiable desire for food (also did not help that Majin Buu's cells only fueled this manifestation). The events of FighterZ progress as a result from all of this.[/spoiler]
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=40715&start=20#p1439892
http://dba.bn-ent.net/character/barduck.html
https://i.imgur.com/86hOk5i.gif

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:01 am

Do we have any confirmation on what happens to Tenshinhan's moveset after Chaozu blows himself up?
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:31 am

Quebaz
Advanced Regular

Post by Quebaz » Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:46 am

Bullza wrote: There's no need to have them at all. It's a simple approach that allows lazy players to perform decent combos. Again something like Tekken or Mortal Kombat doesn't hold your hand by letting you have the option for it, you're supposed to get good enough on your own.

Yeah if you do it manually it will be better but that's the only option there should be.
There is if they don't want to alienate most of the people who'll buy this game. Just look at how many people give up after playing a fighting game because they can't do the cool stuff right off the bat. First impressions are important and I remember everyone's face while playing FighterZ at LGW last yeat, they were all smiling and having a good time, because the game looks great and they could do cool things.

Besides these auto-combos aren't decent at all, the Light one is the same as pressing Light, Medium and Heavy with 2 unique animations and the Medium one is the same as pressing Medium, cr. Medium, special, super. It's as basic as you can get.
A LUZ INFINITA!
Steam: Quebaz
PSN: BSSJ3
Tumblr

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:42 am

So, uh...quick question -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrSoOPQs4E4

Was watching this video of some (apparently not all, despite what it says?) of the Dramatic Finishes, and that score sounds way too much like Falcouner in places. That's replaced music in this video, right? I'd be hella surprised if the game's score took that many (if any really) notes from the old dub score. :shock:
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

NintendoBlaze53
Regular

Post by NintendoBlaze53 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:26 am

Gyt Kaliba wrote:So, uh...quick question -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrSoOPQs4E4

Was watching this video of some (apparently not all, despite what it says?) of the Dramatic Finishes, and that score sounds way too much like Falcouner in places. That's replaced music in this video, right? I'd be hella surprised if the game's score took that many (if any really) notes from the old dub score. :shock:
Yeah that's edited. Definitely Faulconer Productions. I can recognize it.
"You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that's where you'll find the things more important than what you want." -Ging Freecss

If you care about opinionated/critical analysis and reviews of anime, manga and gaming products, feel free to check out my website. https://otakustance.wordpress.com/

Olympian
Regular

Post by Olympian » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:41 am

Yeah I`m the first to admit it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrSoOPQs4E4&app=desktop

They did it. They really did it! All I need now is to play story mode to see what is the biggie about Yamcha not being knocked out from the Waves while everybody else was.
Saiga wrote:Do we have any confirmation on what happens to Tenshinhan's moveset after Chaozu blows himself up?
Makes sense you gain their other mirror technique. In this case, his Kiai. Not sure if Solar Flare fits into the same mechanic.
Dbzfan94 wrote:
Olympian wrote:
Yeah...thank god :roll:
Why the sarcasm?
Nothing personal but people thanking the heavens that one sentence from Goku was edited in because it drew to the "shitty father" meme and having no qualms when some other meme is being used unecessarily doesn`t scream concistancy to me.
Ki Breaker wrote:

Yamcha + Roshi = Yamoshi

Coincidence? I think not

Olympian
Regular

Post by Olympian » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:49 am

I gotta know. Is there a dramatic finisher of #18 breaking Vegeta`s arm?
Ki Breaker wrote:

Yamcha + Roshi = Yamoshi

Coincidence? I think not