"Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

nato25
Advanced Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Post by nato25 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:56 pm

mute_proxy wrote:
nato25 wrote:New Dramatic Finishes though? SSJ Goku vs Cooler is a no brainer but I feel 17 is gonna get the short end of the stick here.
By the looks of the scans, he's paired with SSGSS Goku on an island, I think that's an indication
Ooo that could be a nice one

Kataphrut
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kataphrut » Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:04 pm

Have they changed the way ranking works yet? If they're going to add half a dozen new ones, maybe it would be good if people weren't losing more BP per match than they'd get for winning once they reach the Supreme Kai/Demon area.

I also heard there's no dramatic finishes for 17 OR Cooler. The former makes sense, the latter is strange. I mean they straight up invented an extra one for Bardock and Vegetto's is fluffed as well (the stuff he does happened, but not in the right order and didn't actually win).

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Thu Sep 27, 2018 1:25 am

Amazing update, and so good to play any kind of team selection in offline vs. Now if they could update arcade ladder and include the dlc chars as opponents, that would be swell.

Logania
Regular

Post by Logania » Thu Sep 27, 2018 3:46 am

Apparently there's no dramatic finishes for these 2. #17 I can understand, there wouldn't be much to do but Cooler?! I thought he'd at least get the dramatic finish against Goku. That's so odd.

4 finishes for Bardock/Broly set.
2 finishes for Vegito/Zamasu set.
2 finishes for Goku/Vegeta set.
0 finishes for Cooler/#17 set.

What a weird set lol
"I can't increase my ability through some kind of noisy transformation the way Frost and you Saiyans do. If I wanna become more lethal, I don't have the luxury of cutting corners, I just have to do it the old-fashioned way.

Combat is craft. What matters most is not raw power, but the skill by which you hone it."

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:34 am

Logania wrote:Apparently there's no dramatic finishes for these 2. #17 I can understand, there wouldn't be much to do but Cooler?! I thought he'd at least get the dramatic finish against Goku. That's so odd.

4 finishes for Bardock/Broly set.
2 finishes for Vegito/Zamasu set.
2 finishes for Goku/Vegeta set.
0 finishes for Cooler/#17 set.

What a weird set lol
I don't know why they couldn't easily make two for Cooler. Have one where he beats Goku (Super Saiyan) with the Supernova and one where Goku blows him away.

Logania
Regular

Post by Logania » Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:22 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:I don't know why they couldn't easily make two for Cooler. Have one where he beats Goku (Super Saiyan) with the Supernova and one where Goku blows him away.
I would like some more what-if dramatic finishes like the one you put. The finishes of Bardock killing Freeza and Yamcha killing Nappa are some of the best finishes and stand out. I hope for Season 2 or hell even a later sequel, they'll go a bit wild with finishes.
"I can't increase my ability through some kind of noisy transformation the way Frost and you Saiyans do. If I wanna become more lethal, I don't have the luxury of cutting corners, I just have to do it the old-fashioned way.

Combat is craft. What matters most is not raw power, but the skill by which you hone it."

Logania
Regular

Post by Logania » Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:36 pm

On a related note of DLC, man these characters are cool.

Cooler has some really damn good moves, and his properties of going through beams and other attacks are even a bit better than Broly as he doesnt suffer from his armor giving him damage for eating a hit, he just doesn't care. His combos are so brutal and his DP is probably the best in the game due to being able to switch sides without meter, go through beams and is a good assist for combos. I just don't know where to put him on my team formation, he makes a good point character with getting the opponent to a corner and can dish out good damage without meter, but at the same time his assist makes him a good mid as well. I can definitely see him on my main team with him and Vegito having really good synergy.

#17 is a lot of fun and feels different to everyone else, he honestly feels like Black Panther straight out of MVCI with his wall jumps and rekkas. His damage in the corner is so good, getting around 70% health with 2-3 meters no sparking, he feels like the best point character in the game right now. My goodness his range on normals is bad though, 2M 2H and his lights have so little reach but his specials more than make up for it. Now I can have my MVP team as well lol (#17, Goku, Freeza)

I think these 2 are honestly the best pair of the 4 in this season pass, there's so much flavor in their movesets and playstyle it's leagues above the others.

Kataphrut

Post by Kataphrut » Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:23 am

I like both of them a lot. I think in the long-term I'll be leaning toward Cooler, he's a lot simpler and has some brutal moves.

17 is unorthodox but I can already tell he'll be devastating once people start getting to grips with him. Only issue I can see is while he's very mobile, he's not good in the air and a lot of his normals can be mashed through/super-dashed. As a Hit player, this is all too familiar to me.

Super Saiyan Turlast x4
I Live Here

Post by Super Saiyan Turlast x4 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:55 pm

#17 is such a breath of fresh air in this game. He actually makes me want to start playing the game more consistently. Haven't played around with Cooler that much, but he also seems fun.
"First I whip it out! Then I thrust it! With great force! Every angle...! It penetrates! Until...! With great strength...! I... ram it in! In the end... We are all satisfied... And you are set free...!" ~Dante~

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Fri Sep 28, 2018 6:17 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote:I wonder if anyone in the staff will realize the chibi lobby avatar has the armband in the wrong arm. :P
Do we can change (Super) Android #17 outfit to his Android arc one?
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Gligarman
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Gligarman » Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:18 pm

Got the Switch version today. The PC's version's still great but it's SO satisfying to plaything on a handheld. I may even try the story mode this time.

Kataphrut

Post by Kataphrut » Sat Sep 29, 2018 12:10 am

So now that they're all out, who wants to rank the DLC characters? My favourites are in order:

1. Base Goku
2. Cooler
3. Vegetto
4. 17
5. Zamasu
6. Broly
7. Base Vegeta
8. Bardock

What does it say about me that I'm putting quirky base boy with wonky combos at the top and unga-bunga tier-whore at the bottom?

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Sat Sep 29, 2018 12:41 am

I know it's apparently a bit much for them to have gone through the trouble of translating the ROM, but couldn't they have at least given us the Minus menu option in Super Butōden in English?
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

excelhedge
Beyond Newbie

Post by excelhedge » Sat Sep 29, 2018 4:25 am

Anyone else loading into empty lobbies? Or having matches with freaking cowards that constantly quit after losing one match.

Kataphrut

Post by Kataphrut » Sat Sep 29, 2018 4:52 am

excelhedge wrote:Anyone else loading into empty lobbies? Or having matches with freaking cowards that constantly quit after losing one match.
When I was playing last night, the Australian lobbies were fuller than they'd been in a while. Which of course is still not even triple digit number of players because Australia, but still.

I had a couple of rage quits, which isn't something I'd seen in a while. New DLC means a lot of returning players coming back to try out the new characters, and with that a lot of sharks looking to snag some easy wins. People get cowardly. I don't mind if people quit after one match provided they let it finish. If it's so one-sided it's not even worth wasting time, then fair enough. Just take your first loss and go. I've done that. Hell, I've done that with matches where I won the first match and quit if the lag was too unbearable.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:36 am

Noah wrote:
FortuneSSJ wrote:I wonder if anyone in the staff will realize the chibi lobby avatar has the armband in the wrong arm. :P
Do we can change (Super) Android #17 outfit to his Android arc one?
No, all the alternate outfits are just the recolors below. DBZ C17 in there is an emoji you can use to interact with other players.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Super Saiyan Turlast x4
I Live Here

Post by Super Saiyan Turlast x4 » Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:19 pm

#17's mixup game is so dirty. I'm in love.

I was also pleasantly surprised at the effectiveness of Cooler's lvl3 counter. I had no idea it worked on projectiles. Loving the brawler depiction of Cooler. He hits hard and you actually feel it.
"First I whip it out! Then I thrust it! With great force! Every angle...! It penetrates! Until...! With great strength...! I... ram it in! In the end... We are all satisfied... And you are set free...!" ~Dante~

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sat Sep 29, 2018 4:27 pm

I hope we will get a Season Two DLC Pack announcement soon.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Sat Sep 29, 2018 5:03 pm

Super Saiyan Turlast x4 wrote:#17's mixup game is so dirty. I'm in love.

I was also pleasantly surprised at the effectiveness of Cooler's lvl3 counter. I had no idea it worked on projectiles. Loving the brawler depiction of Cooler. He hits hard and you actually feel it.

Thats so awesome.. makes people think twice about their pressure game.. definitely a nice change of pace for the matches.

Also Cooler's theme is going into the list of favorite songs in the game. No Particular order

1.Cooler's theme
2. Black's theme
3. Vegeta's Theme
4. Trunks' theme
5. Galactic Arena
6. Merged Zamasu's theme.
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:29 pm

Finally started the Android 21 arc. Man, the story mode in this game is really boring. I'm so sick of fighting these clones. They could at least include the rest of the roster for diversity since they threw Trunks and Buu in there. :eh: