"Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

mahakaishin1991
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:19 am

ShadowBardock89 wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:Honestly hoping now base forms are not in at this point. Bardock is enough goku hair. Give me raditz to complete the roster of Butoden and I'm good
They have models in the game's code. Its pretty much confirmed Saiyan Saga Vegeta and Kaioken Goku are going to be DLC (and Cooler). I'm with you about Raditz, though.
Xehanort wrote:They better add Vegito and Jiren to this game, or I will kill somebody :evil:
You'll have to settle for Vegito at the moment (though which Vegito is still unknown).

Jiren will probably be in Season 2 (given the sales for this game, Season 2 better be on the table).
I'd like to think those models for those forms are just left over, but if they are indeed giving me ANOTHER Goku he better be different. Give him the power pole and spirit bomb and none of his more recent moves

Vegeta I'm flumoxed at what they can give him

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:22 am

Ranmaru Rei wrote:
FortuneSSJ wrote:That excuse doesn't hold up anymore, when the game came out this month in Japan and less than a month ago overseas and they seem to have already 2 DLC characters ready.
What are the odds that they were purposely left out of the base roster, only for them to get more money from the fans through DLC?! With them announcing 8 DLC characters months before the game release, I say pretty damn high.
It means nothing. Characters maybe is ready enough to show them for magazine. But that's it. More likely it was demonstrational version. Some animations are not ready, balance is not polished. Maybe they even have not voice over yet.
Do you ever played Skullgirls, for example. That game provided an option to play DLC characters early, when they are in development. Are you ready to play Bardock and Broly in state like this, for instance: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7H7rV_HA-w I believe you are not. So we should wait until release. And release date will be anounced in the next issue of V-Jump. V=Jump is a monthly magazine, btw
I find this very hard to take seriously

Lek
Beyond Newbie

Post by Lek » Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:28 am

Any characters are welcome in my opinion. I've got a team of three I'm comfortable with right now and if any of the DLC characters happens to feel good, I'll gladly mix them up a bit.

Have there been any announcements regarding the server connection issues or fixing the quest bug?

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:04 am

mahakaishin1991 wrote:
Ranmaru Rei wrote:It means nothing. Characters maybe is ready enough to show them for magazine. But that's it. More likely it was demonstrational version. Some animations are not ready, balance is not polished. Maybe they even have not voice over yet.
Do you ever played Skullgirls, for example. That game provided an option to play DLC characters early, when they are in development. Are you ready to play Bardock and Broly in state like this, for instance: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7H7rV_HA-w I believe you are not. So we should wait until release. And release date will be anounced in the next issue of V-Jump. V=Jump is a monthly magazine, btw
Why? What's your rebuttal?
Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:15 am

Neo-Makaiōshin wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:
Ranmaru Rei wrote:It means nothing. Characters maybe is ready enough to show them for magazine. But that's it. More likely it was demonstrational version. Some animations are not ready, balance is not polished. Maybe they even have not voice over yet.
Why? What's your rebuttal?
I really dont see Arksys having no voice work for Bardock or Broly, especially in Bardock's case given who the VA is for both Bardock, Black and Goku in Japanese. I also doubt theyd be showing stuff like this to a magazine that isnt polished. Theyve KNOWN they'd have 8 characters for DLC months ago, and I strongly doubt the first two to be released wouldnt be completed by the time of release, let alone in public knowledge.

Yeah some tidy up on the balancing but but certainly not important stuff like sound an animation. That will have been done by now. Maybe not for all 8, but first wave definitely.

Ranmaru Rei
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ranmaru Rei » Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:16 am

mahakaishin1991 wrote:I really dont see Arksys having no voice work for Bardock or Broly, especially in Bardock's case given who the VA is for both Bardock, Black and Goku in Japanese. I also doubt theyd be showing stuff like this to a magazine that isnt polished. Theyve KNOWN they'd have 8 characters for DLC months ago, and I strongly doubt the first two to be released wouldnt be completed by the time of release, let alone in public knowledge.

Yeah some tidy up on the balancing but but certainly not important stuff like sound an animation. That will have been done by now. Maybe not for all 8, but first wave definitely.
They already showed Tenshinhan and Yamcha in unfinished state, when they firstly teased them. They lacked some moves and haven't any voice over.

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:52 am

Finally got my hands on the game. Spent most of my first 8 hours playing getting my ass handed by my friend who I used to play Budokai 3 with. Fun times. It made me appreciate the auto-combos easy way to do something useful and cool. Excellent for beginner.

Tried a couple of games online and had zero problems. Besides all the games with my friend but he lives less than a kilometer away, we had 1 frame of delay.

Onto the story mode and getting good.

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:39 am

Ranmaru Rei wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:I really dont see Arksys having no voice work for Bardock or Broly, especially in Bardock's case given who the VA is for both Bardock, Black and Goku in Japanese. I also doubt theyd be showing stuff like this to a magazine that isnt polished. Theyve KNOWN they'd have 8 characters for DLC months ago, and I strongly doubt the first two to be released wouldnt be completed by the time of release, let alone in public knowledge.

They already showed Tenshinhan and Yamcha in unfinished state, when they firstly teased them. They lacked some moves and haven't any voice over.
only footage I ever saw of them just had music over the top so I cant comment on that, but I dont think thats the case with these. Theyve known and most likely been developing them a while I cant see them being unfinished

ShadowBardock89
Advanced Regular

Post by ShadowBardock89 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:15 am

mahakaishin1991 wrote:
I'd like to think those models for those forms are just left over, but if they are indeed giving me ANOTHER Goku he better be different. Give him the power pole and spirit bomb and none of his more recent moves

Given the models, Goku will be his Saiyan-Early Namek Saga version. Expect the Kaioken attack to be a feature in his moveset.

Saiyan Saga Vegeta will certainly have his moves from his fight with Goku, but there will be moves from the Namek Saga? Will his Great Ape form have a role in his moves?
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=40715&start=20#p1439892
http://dba.bn-ent.net/character/barduck.html
https://i.imgur.com/86hOk5i.gif

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:02 pm

ShadowBardock89 wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:

Given the models, Goku will be his Saiyan-Early Namek Saga version. Expect the Kaioken attack to be a feature in his moveset.

Saiyan Saga Vegeta will certainly have his moves from his fight with Goku, but there will be moves from the Namek Saga? Will his Great Ape form have a role in his moves?
I can see great ape as a cinematic super and his finish on goku is crushing him with his hands.

Goku needs to fill the 'dragon install' role with the kaioken

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:11 pm

Many people think that Base Vegeta will have Great Ape as a Lvl 3. I doubt it. He becomes a great ape, fires a mouth blast and becomes normal again? Unless it's a one-time thing and is immediately followed by Yajirobe cutting off his tail, I don't see it happening.

YonedgeHP
Regular

Post by YonedgeHP » Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:19 pm

Sorry if this have been asked before, but there's any way to make the game match me with someone that has the same color as me (white)? Because the game always match me with dark greens and oranges and I want to rank up.
Between you and the Namekian I think I've lost my touch at genocide. -PSN Xenoverse 2 account: Yonedge-HP. Freeza's race Ki blast avatar: Yonedge.
Filler and canon discussions are "meh" :oops:

English is not my first language!

SSJ2bardock
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2bardock » Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:38 pm

Has anyone else seemed to hit a wall with this game in ranked matches? I’m up to 400,000 BP, but lately I’ve just been getting pummeled by people mostly using Gohan (pressures you into a corner, combos you for 20 straight seconds before smashing you back into the corner, rinse, repeat).

I lost something like 28 matches in a couple hours last night and dropped from yellow rank to green. I realize it takes time to get good at these things, but this is getting frustrating.
PSN Stay_Slapped

Let’s play FighterZ

MainJPW
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MainJPW » Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:50 pm

Nickolaidas wrote:Many people think that Base Vegeta will have Great Ape as a Lvl 3. I doubt it. He becomes a great ape, fires a mouth blast and becomes normal again?

Unless it's a one-time thing and is immediately followed by Yajirobe cutting off his tail, I don't see it happening.
Now I want that.

Super Saiyan Turlast x4
I Live Here

Post by Super Saiyan Turlast x4 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:40 pm

YonedgeHP wrote:Sorry if this have been asked before, but there's any way to make the game match me with someone that has the same color as me (white)? Because the game always match me with dark greens and oranges and I want to rank up.
The most you can do is have it search for people the same rank as you, but that isn't consistent at all.

Honestly, the matchmaking isn't that good in this game.
"First I whip it out! Then I thrust it! With great force! Every angle...! It penetrates! Until...! With great strength...! I... ram it in! In the end... We are all satisfied... And you are set free...!" ~Dante~

NintendoBlaze53
Regular

Post by NintendoBlaze53 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:24 pm

mahakaishin1991 wrote:
Ranmaru Rei wrote:

only footage I ever saw of them just had music over the top so I cant comment on that, but I dont think thats the case with these. Theyve known and most likely been developing them a while I cant see them being unfinished
In the trailer a few weeks before release, Black was notably unfinished, during his level 3 all the clone Blacks were in T Poses.
"You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that's where you'll find the things more important than what you want." -Ging Freecss

If you care about opinionated/critical analysis and reviews of anime, manga and gaming products, feel free to check out my website. https://otakustance.wordpress.com/

ShadowBardock89
Advanced Regular

Post by ShadowBardock89 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:47 am

NintendoBlaze53 wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:
Ranmaru Rei wrote: They already showed Tenshinhan and Yamcha in unfinished state, when they firstly teased them. They lacked some moves and haven't any voice over.
In the trailer a few weeks before release, Black was notably unfinished, during his level 3 all the clone Blacks were in T Poses.
Yup. That was notable.

Simere
Advanced Regular

Post by Simere » Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:43 am

ShadowBardock89 wrote:
NintendoBlaze53 wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:only footage I ever saw of them just had music over the top so I cant comment on that, but I dont think thats the case with these. Theyve known and most likely been developing them a while I cant see them being unfinished
Yup. That was notable.
I didn't think it was that notable. You can't determine what stage of development something's in because of a T pose; those happen even in finished releases.

ShadowBardock89
Advanced Regular

Post by ShadowBardock89 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:22 am

Simere wrote:
ShadowBardock89 wrote:
NintendoBlaze53 wrote: In the trailer a few weeks before release, Black was notably unfinished, during his level 3 all the clone Blacks were in T Poses.
Yup. That was notable.
I didn't think it was that notable. You can't determine what stage of development something's in because of a T pose; those happen even in finished releases.
I meant as in notable because users on YouTube kept pointing it out until it was eventually fixed in the final release.

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:50 am

Nickolaidas wrote:Many people think that Base Vegeta will have Great Ape as a Lvl 3. I doubt it. He becomes a great ape, fires a mouth blast and becomes normal again? Unless it's a one-time thing and is immediately followed by Yajirobe cutting off his tail, I don't see it happening.
I'm sure someone had a super in one of the handheld where they literally get an oozaru foot to stomp down as a super. Cant remember who though