"Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" (PS4/XBO/PC, 2018, Arc System Works) Official Discussion Thread

Post by ArchedThunder » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:21 pm

Draconic wrote:The cover is Super Saiyan 2 while Goku just uses the regular form and SSJ3 in-game? Unless I missed something, that's weird :lol:
The specific battle damage Goku has on the Xenoverse box is also an outfit not in that game.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" (PS4/XBO/PC, 2018, Arc System Works) Official Discussion Thread

Post by Lord Beerus » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:21 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:Not a fan of that art, I'm also really tired of box arts that are entirely focused on Goku.
He's the face of Dragon Ball, the most popular character in the franchise by leaps and bounds and one of Japan's most beloved fictional characters. It should come as no surprise that on occasion with Dragon Ball videogames covers, that he's the sole character on them.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:25 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
ArchedThunder wrote:Not a fan of that art, I'm also really tired of box arts that are entirely focused on Goku.
He's the face of Dragon Ball, the most popular character in the franchise by leaps and bounds and one of Japan's most beloved fictional characters. It should come as no surprise that on occasion with Dragon Ball videogames covers, that he's the sole character on them.
It's so boring, they should do interesting covers with multiple characters, especially when a game has original characters like Android 21.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:32 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:
It's so boring, they should do interesting covers with multiple characters, especially when a game has original characters like Android 21.
You mean like what they did with the Sparking/Budokai Tenkaichi?:
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]
I would dig that too. Bu what we have is acceptable. At least for me.

ShadowBardock89
Advanced Regular

Post by ShadowBardock89 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:40 pm

Congrats on Nappa making the roster and Ginyu making the roster (sorry, I have been out of the loop because of classes).
I'm glad this expands the roster's choices.
*Holding out for Raditz to join*
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=40715&start=20#p1439892
http://dba.bn-ent.net/character/barduck.html
https://i.imgur.com/86hOk5i.gif

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:57 pm

I'd find it weird if Radditz doesn't make it now. Also maybe there is hope for Dabura! I'd also like Dr. Gero.

I guess we're getting close to the end of the roster though. Ultimate Gohan, Kid Buu, Beerus and maybe someone out of Vegito/Gotenks will probably be the final revealed characters.

Olympian
Regular

Post by Olympian » Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:10 pm

Not exciting for these two but good for the fans who wanted them.

How does anyone feel Nappa will play as? We already have a slow big guy with grappling moves in #16 and a slow big "chubby" guy in Buu. Nappa wìll be on the slow burner as well so what will set him apart?

And by the way, isn`t his total 14 by counting from the scans?
Last edited by Olympian on Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ki Breaker wrote:

Yamcha + Roshi = Yamoshi

Coincidence? I think not

Olympian
Regular

Post by Olympian » Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:16 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
You know, still with that in mind I find the cover in the scan not exciting the least, neither in artistic or marketing terms. I find it "meh". To me the cove should go a bit beyond in just selling the franchise or the main guy, it should make the audience aware that this game, these mechanics, this system is something on its own.
Ki Breaker wrote:

Yamcha + Roshi = Yamoshi

Coincidence? I think not

Quebaz
Advanced Regular

Post by Quebaz » Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:19 pm

Olympian wrote:
How does anyone feel Nappa will play as? We already have a slow big guy with grappling moves in #16 and a slow big "chubby" guy in Buu. Nappa wìll be on the slow burner too, what what will set him apart? And by the way, isn`t his total 14 by counting from the scans?
Saibaimen set ups.
A LUZ INFINITA!
Steam: Quebaz
PSN: BSSJ3
Tumblr

KayDash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KayDash » Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:25 pm

precita wrote:I'd find it weird if Radditz doesn't make it now. Also maybe there is hope for Dabura! I'd also like Dr. Gero.
Interesthingly enough if we compare the roster to Extreme Butoden's (which was kind of the predecessor of FighterZ on handheld), and not counting the "duplicates", the only characters are not in DBFZ are Beerus, Broly, Bardock, Gotenks, Kid Buu, Ultimate Gohan and Raditz. Seven characters, and two of them (Ultimate Gohan & Kid Buu) are very likely from what we know.
Does that the other five of them will be included? Who knows, but still I found this interesting.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:27 pm

The box art is cool, but I would also rather to have multiple characters on it. Even if it was just Goku and Vegeta, it would already be better than only Goku again.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Asura
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Asura » Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:00 pm

Nappa and Ginyu are rather disappointing in a game that's going to have such a limited roster. Well, guess we'll just have to see who else makes it into the game. Hopefully SSJ3 Gotenks/Ultimate Gohan/Beerus/Hit will make it in. Especially Hit, since I bet he would be an absolute blast to play.

I don't think they'd do Black since there's already 2 Goku's in the game, but I guess you never know.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:30 pm

Nappa without Radditz is like "peanut butter without jelly." If they were both not in the game that would be one thing, but now that Nappa is there I can't imagine Radditz not being used.

As I said before, I wonder if they're taking the most important underlings in terms of villains of each saga:

- Saiyan Saga = Nappa (and maybe Radditz) since there's no Saiyan Saga Vegeta in the game.

- Namek arc = Freeza and Captain Ginyu, giving you the two most important villains of the arc

- Cell arc = Cell, 17/18 and 16. I can see them also using Dr. Gero if he's important to Android 21's backstory.

- Buu arc - Two form of Buu (Fat Buu and Kid Buu), and maybe Dabura?

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:49 pm

Dragon Ball has such a rich plethora of great characters to pick from and we get Nappa and Ginyu taking up 2 slots... :lol:

Honestly been a terrible day for FTZ news, an ehh cover, terrible key visual poster and these two chars...

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:57 pm

Ginyu and Nappa have been in countless DBZ fighters, I don't know why anyone is surprised. Radditz and Recoome were also in most games, but here we're not getting the latter.

I don't know why people are expecting Super characters. The title of the game is "Fighter Z." Outside of the Blue forms, Beerus and maybe Hit, I would not expect many Super characters at all. It was obvious from the geto the roster would be DBZ-centric.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:05 pm

KayDash wrote: Interesthingly enough if we compare the roster to Extreme Butoden's (which was kind of the predecessor of FighterZ on handheld), and not counting the "duplicates", the only characters are not in DBFZ are Beerus, Broly, Bardock, Gotenks, Kid Buu, Ultimate Gohan and Raditz. Seven characters, and two of them (Ultimate Gohan & Kid Buu) are very likely from what we know.
Does that the other five of them will be included? Who knows, but still I found this interesting.
To each his own, but personally I would be disappointed if that was the remaining list. I don't expect anything from DB and GT, but I need more Super stuff.
DBZ being the main focus was obvious, but I haven't much interest in only be able to play with the same characters I have been able to play for 20+ years.

At this point, have characters like Raditz and Nappa in and leave out characters like Hit and SSR Black/Zamasu out is a big turn off for me. I don't mention Beerus because he was already in Extreme Butoden like you said, but he's also a must have from now on.

As for Bardock, my problem is that this will be a small roster and I rather have Goku Black, who has a much more interesting moveset than him. And if they added both of them that means in a small roster we would have 4 Goku look alike, so Bardock's inclusion is a lose-lose scenario no matter what for me. Same thing if they put Goten/Trunks instead of Gotenks.
Last edited by FortuneSSJ on Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

cringey

Post by cringey » Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:06 pm

How can a Captain Commando like character and a huge guy who seeds kamikazi green aliens be disappointing?
Last edited by cringey on Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Asura
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Asura » Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:14 pm

precita wrote:Ginyu and Nappa have been in countless DBZ fighters, I don't know why anyone is surprised. Radditz and Recoome were also in most games, but here we're not getting the latter.

I don't know why people are expecting Super characters. The title of the game is "Fighter Z." Outside of the Blue forms, Beerus and maybe Hit, I would not expect many Super characters at all. It was obvious from the geto the roster would be DBZ-centric.
From the trailers they've shown us it's clear that at least part of the story will be set during Super, so having a few Super characters like Beerus, Hit, and possibly Black would make sense.

What other Super characters would people even want to see aside from those 3? Only other ones I could think of would be Trunks and Merged Zamasu, otherwise I don't see who else people would even want in the game, especially given that they can't take any characters from this current arc like Toppo, Jiren, Caulifla, etc. since the arc isn't done yet.

KayDash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KayDash » Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:44 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote: To each his own, but personally I would be disappointed if that was the remaining list. I don't expect anything from DB and GT, but I need more Super stuff.
DBZ being the main focus was obvious, but I haven't much interest in only be able to play with the same characters I have been able to play for 20+ years.

At this point, have characters like Raditz and Nappa in and leave out characters like Hit and SSR Black/Zamasu out is a big turn off for me. I don't mention Beerus because he was already in Extreme Butoden like you said, but he's also a must have from now on.

As for Bardock, my problem is that this will be a small roster and I rather have Goku Black, who has a much more interesting moveset than him. And if they added both of them that means in a small roster we would have 4 Goku look alike, so Bardock's inclusion is a lose-lose scenario no matter what for me. Same thing if they put Goten/Trunks instead of Gotenks.
Oh, okay, I think I get it now. So what pissed off some of the people are the fact, that it looks like we are not getting new (Super) characters at all?
I don't think that's the case. Even if they do the obvious choices like Ultimate Gohan, Kid Buu, Gotenks there are still 3 slots left for Beerus, Hit and Goku Black/Zamasu.
At this point, I'll make a guess that they won't include Broly in the game, because with Buu, #16 and Nappa there are already 3 slow power-type characters. (my homie Magetta is also out :( )
There are a few other reasonable choices for Z characters, like Mr.Satan, Videl, #20, Vegetto and Dabura.
I think Videl is out because she doesn't really have an interesting moveset, and if Ultimate Gohan includes Saiyaman stuff in his moveset, that would make Videl even less unique.
Mr. Satan is fun, and can be purely unique, but if they seriously consider power levels, he is out too. (which also applies to Videl)
Dabura is also unique with his weapons, but guess who else has weapons like that: Goku Black. We will find out which of them ArcSys will favor.
#20 has ties to the story-mode, and the energy absorption is unique to him. Except #18's shield already does that, and there are already 3 androids + Cell in the game. I somehow doubt that we will get more.
Vegetto has some cool stuff, but at the end of the day, he is another version of Goku/Vegeta, or another saiyan with energy blasts and spiky gold (blue?) hair.

So in worst case scenario, I think there will be at least 2 or 3 Super characters.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:15 pm

Honestly the only Super characters I would expect is Beerus and maybe Hit. We have the Blue forms so that's enough for now.

The whole game is largely DBZ-centric. Why do you think 17/18 are in their "villain" outfits, 16 is around, and the entire roster is filled with DBZ relevant characters like Yamcha, Tien, Nappa and Captain Ginyu? It's the same reasons I don't expect Roshi to be playable because he did nothing in DBZ.

The people who were thinking we would get Zamasu, Caulifa/Kale, Jiren, etc....were never going to get what they want. That will likely be saved for a sequel.