"Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

precita
Banned

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" (PS4/XBO/PC, 2018, Arc System Works) Official Discussion Thread

Post by precita » Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:57 pm

Do you want the villain underlings to be in the game? So far we've only gotten the main villains.

Do we expect to see Radditz, Nappa, Captain Ginyu, Dr. Gero or 19, Dabura, etc?

Olympian
Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" (PS4/XBO/PC, 2018, Arc System Works) Official Discussion Thread

Post by Olympian » Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:58 pm

Maybe Gero since the story revolves around the Androids but I don`t expect to see many in the game, no.
Ki Breaker wrote:

Yamcha + Roshi = Yamoshi

Coincidence? I think not

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:06 pm

VejituhTheWarriorGuy wrote:On the Game Informer Podcast, Chris Sabat said that Jeannie Tirado will be voicing Android 21
Never heard of her. Does she have a good track record?

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:46 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
VejituhTheWarriorGuy wrote:On the Game Informer Podcast, Chris Sabat said that Jeannie Tirado will be voicing Android 21
http://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/Jeannie-Tirado/

Not a big filmography and while I'm not awaire of almost any of these shows they seem like mostly lesser parts. Then again she did a character in Fairy Tail, nothing until she voiced a character in Smite in 2014 but has gotten a lot more work in the last 2 to 3 years. One part he dose play that we will all know is the voice of baby Pan in Super.

So playing the primary antagonist in what is shaping up to be a pretty big fighting game, not just a dragon ball game, is likely a pretty big step up. I hope she dose well.

Edit: went through the list and she's had a few co starting roles in the last year, so she must be good.

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:19 am

Olympian wrote:Maybe Gero since the story revolves around the Androids but I don`t expect to see many in the game, no.
I'd love to see Gero, but #21 makes him redundant since she's a scientist. And I doubt that ArcSys, a company known for putting female bosses, will make #21 a red herring and reveal #20 as the big bad (though that'd be awesome).

Plus, Gero has little choreography for ArcSys to take inspiration from. He never *really* fought. (Then again, #21 has no known choreography at all, so ...)

KayDash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KayDash » Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:28 am

Nickolaidas wrote:
Olympian wrote:Maybe Gero since the story revolves around the Androids but I don`t expect to see many in the game, no.
I'd love to see Gero, but #21 makes him redundant since she's a scientist. And I doubt that ArcSys, a company known for putting female bosses, will make #21 a red herring and reveal #20 as the big bad (though that'd be awesome).

Plus, Gero has little choreography for ArcSys to take inspiration from. He never *really* fought. (Then again, #21 has no known choreography at all, so ...)
He has one thing though: Energy Absorption, and that could be an unique game mechanic for him. But he wasn't in many fights in DBZ, so in that regard #19 would make a bit more sense. Also, thinking about it, they made #18's shield absorbing any attacks, so I guess his niche is already filled in a way.
But as the story mode looks like right now, we have a good chance that he appears at least in the cutscenes, in a flashback.

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:51 am

KayDash wrote:
Nickolaidas wrote:

He has one thing though: Energy Absorption, and that could be an unique game mechanic for him. But he wasn't in many fights in DBZ, so in that regard #19 would make a bit more sense. Also, thinking about it, they made #18's shield absorbing any attacks, so I guess his niche is already filled in a way.
But as the story mode looks like right now, we have a good chance that he appears at least in the cutscenes, in a flashback.
#19 fought Goku and Vegeta - which gives ArcSys a lot more to work with in terms of inspiration than Gero, I agree. But Gero's design was kick-ass for me, plus the moves are so original it's not even funny.

Perhaps they can make Gero like in that old arcade game and have #19 as part of his moveset.

KayDash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KayDash » Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:13 am

Nickolaidas wrote:
KayDash wrote:
Nickolaidas wrote:

#19 fought Goku and Vegeta - which gives ArcSys a lot more to work with in terms of inspiration than Gero, I agree. But Gero's design was kick-ass for me, plus the moves are so original it's not even funny.

Perhaps they can make Gero like in that old arcade game and have #19 as part of his moveset.
That arcade game always felt a bit weird, because they never fought like that in the anime, but always seperatedly, unlike #18 and #17 or Tien and Chiaotzu. But what they can do is give some of #19's moves to #20, after all they are very similar models. But I think #20 is still have enough moves for a proper character, he only lacks in his normals, but for super moves, he could have the multiple eyebeams for level 1, and it could work like one of Magneto's attacks from MvsC which is a wave of vertical explosions. (and the explosions could happen after the eyebeams hit the ground, and the beams themselves wouldn't contact with the opponent)
For level 3, it could be a short beatdown ending with #20 catching the opponent in the air, and draining some of his energy, like he did it with Piccolo in the anime.
For special moves, he could have weaker version of the eye beam, a ki blast from his "palm-absorbtion-sphere-whatever", an absorbtion move that could catch projectiles, and a command grab that absorbs the enemy's health.
And for even more fun references, he could have a close range level 3, that only works against other androids: He could grab his remote controller, press a button, and blow up the opponent with the built in bomb. :mrgreen:

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:05 pm

C'mon, man ... don't do this to me. I've almost convinced myself it'll be ok if Gero doesn't make it into the game. :D

Olympian
Regular

Post by Olympian » Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:16 pm

More gameplay, featuring the SSB, Ten and Yamcha (the last two noted as still being work in progress)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUAjERbOlQE
Ki Breaker wrote:

Yamcha + Roshi = Yamoshi

Coincidence? I think not

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:54 pm

TheDBZmaster100 wrote:All of the revealed stages thus far:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
So Outer Space being a stage it means characters like Bardock or Beerus should be in, right? Cause I only remember those fighting there.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:09 pm

Outer Space Planet Vegeta means Bardock, if not, then it only means Beerus.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Olympian
Regular

Post by Olympian » Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:36 pm

New Gameplay vídeo: Yamcha and Tem full match, casual play. I think this is the first vídeo where we see Yamcha attempt the kamehameha.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=336-gZ1nm-4
Ki Breaker wrote:

Yamcha + Roshi = Yamoshi

Coincidence? I think not

mahakaishin1991
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:39 am

Lord Beerus wrote:
She voices Sol in smite.

mahakaishin1991
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:40 am

precita wrote:Do you want the villain underlings to be in the game? So far we've only gotten the main villains.

Do we expect to see Radditz, Nappa, Captain Ginyu, Dr. Gero or 19, Dabura, etc?
As much as I would like Raditz, I dont see it

KayDash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KayDash » Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:17 pm

Noah wrote:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
So Outer Space being a stage it means characters like Bardock or Beerus should be in, right? Cause I only remember those fighting there.
Just out of curiosity: Why does one of the stages named as "destroyed plains"?
There are mountains, it's anything but plains, and it looks like it is in its natural state, and not destroyed. it looks like the place where the Z Fighters fought Nappa.

lord godly da don
Beyond Newbie

Post by lord godly da don » Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:13 pm

KayDash wrote:
Noah wrote:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Just out of curiosity: Why does one of the stages named as "destroyed plains"?
There are mountains, it's anything but plains, and it looks like it is in its natural state, and not destroyed. it looks like the place where the Z Fighters fought Nappa.
It's the cell games stage after you destroy it so it's a reference to cell and gohan beam struggle

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:45 pm

I'm pretty sure the time chamber will be in since it's an iconic area and it's the easily to make since most of it is just a white background.

KorgDTR2000
Beyond Newbie

Post by KorgDTR2000 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:54 pm

I'd bet a buck the RoSaT is the training stage.

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:15 pm

I expect the new character revelations to be Adult Gohan and another Boo, Pure Boo would be my guess. This would finish up the "core" and obvious characters, which seems to be the order they are following, with the exception of the Blue Saiyans.

It's also possible we won't get more versions of Gohan and Boo; for the sake of diversity. Adult Gohan specially is a challenge to differentiate. Surprisingly they included Majin Boo in the original release at E3, together with Cell and Freeza as the villains, I think Pure Boo would be the logical representation of the Boo in that context. I believe many would agree with me here. This might be an indication he won't be in the game, of course this is just wild conjecture.