"Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Post by mute_proxy » Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:21 am

excelhedge wrote:So we have
Gohan from Super and High School Videl from Z

If there are no quotes in the game making fun of this I swear.

Also, I'm kinda disappointed Videl doesn't have her Super design as the Alt. to match up with Gohan.
The Gohan we have is also from Z. All of his moves are from the Buu saga, he just happens to be wearing the same orange gi in the ToP again

Super Saiyan Turlast x4
I Live Here

Post by Super Saiyan Turlast x4 » Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:31 pm

The S wrote:
mute_proxy wrote:
The S wrote:
What's the qualifications? I've had him on my team and had both Videl and young Gohan as the first fighter against one another and she just says generic stuff.
I don't know, I just saw a compilation video with the intros, here's the link https://youtu.be/83xlSZBnYwY?t=322
Peculiar! I wonder why it didn't trigger for me. Thanks!
Sometimes it takes multiple tries to make certain interactions go down. There's usually a chance that it'll be a generic quote, which means you'll have to go all the way back to character select screen and select the characters again.
"First I whip it out! Then I thrust it! With great force! Every angle...! It penetrates! Until...! With great strength...! I... ram it in! In the end... We are all satisfied... And you are set free...!" ~Dante~

GreatSaiyaJeff
Regular

Post by GreatSaiyaJeff » Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:23 pm

So the fighterz pass is on sale for 17.50 on Xbox. Is it worth it? I usually play more for story then online. So do any of those characters appear in the story mode or is it strictly online?
"I just realized something. Honestly... it kinda doesn't matter where I go... whether I'm alive or dead... I'm still pretty dandy." - Space Dandy

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:26 pm

GreatSaiyaJeff wrote:So the fighterz pass is on sale for 17.50 on Xbox. Is it worth it? I usually play more for story then online. So do any of those characters appear in the story mode or is it strictly online?
The characters that appear in the story are in the base game without the DLC. If you don't care for playing online, or playing offline with friends, or fighting in general, then there;s no point

GreatSaiyaJeff
Regular

Post by GreatSaiyaJeff » Sun Feb 03, 2019 3:21 pm

mute_proxy wrote:
GreatSaiyaJeff wrote:So the fighterz pass is on sale for 17.50 on Xbox. Is it worth it? I usually play more for story then online. So do any of those characters appear in the story mode or is it strictly online?
The characters that appear in the story are in the base game without the DLC. If you don't care for playing online, or playing offline with friends, or fighting in general, then there;s no point
That's a shame, because I would like to play those characters, I just rarely play fighting games online.
"I just realized something. Honestly... it kinda doesn't matter where I go... whether I'm alive or dead... I'm still pretty dandy." - Space Dandy

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Sun Feb 03, 2019 4:01 pm

GreatSaiyaJeff wrote:
mute_proxy wrote:
That's a shame, because I would like to play those characters, I just rarely play fighting games online.
Story is not so great. But the gameplay is so fun, with all the characters including the DLC ones.
Also, I was first being beaten up in online, but the game is pretty easy to muster.
Everything is so nice to look at and everything is fan service visually.
That announced RPG looks laughable in comparison and Xenoverse never was that pretty to look at.
I have played almost every Dragon Ball game since SNES and this one I will remember for a long time.
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:33 am

When do you think we will get the rest of the DLC? We already know about Gogeta and Broli, but they aren't probably done, as we didn't saw any in-game models.
They will be probably added second and the third unknown after it?

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:43 am

MCDaveG wrote:When do you think we will get the rest of the DLC? We already know about Gogeta and Broli, but they aren't probably done, as we didn't saw any in-game models.
There was an email from Switch containing the dates, the next four won't be sold in pairs but separately 2 months apart, starting end of may

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:49 am

mute_proxy wrote:
MCDaveG wrote:When do you think we will get the rest of the DLC? We already know about Gogeta and Broli, but they aren't probably done, as we didn't saw any in-game models.
There was an email from Switch containing the dates, the next four won't be sold in pairs but separately 2 months apart, starting end of may
Wow, so each one for the next 10 months? Wow :shock:

Super Saiyan Turlast x4
I Live Here

Post by Super Saiyan Turlast x4 » Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:45 pm

I think those dates were just placeholders. Really wouldn't make sense to say Broly and Gogeta are "coming soon" because there's nothing soon about that.
"First I whip it out! Then I thrust it! With great force! Every angle...! It penetrates! Until...! With great strength...! I... ram it in! In the end... We are all satisfied... And you are set free...!" ~Dante~

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:51 pm

Super Saiyan Turlast x4 wrote:I think those dates were just placeholders. Really wouldn't make sense to say Broly and Gogeta are "coming soon" because there's nothing soon about that.
It's in an official email from Switch after you purchase the pass, and it's too specific with the days included to be just a placeholder. What else would they say if not coming soon. Coming later? They're trying to hype people. Half a year isn't that far ahead

Super Saiyan Turlast x4
I Live Here

Post by Super Saiyan Turlast x4 » Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:26 pm

They've always sold characters in pairs. That's how they started it this season. Broly and Gogeta were revealed as a pair just like Jiren and Videl. It wouldn't make any sense for them to start the season in that format and then stretch it out to individual releases all the way to Nov.

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:45 am

Super Saiyan Turlast x4 wrote:They've always sold characters in pairs. That's how they started it this season. Broly and Gogeta were revealed as a pair just like Jiren and Videl. It wouldn't make any sense for them to start the season in that format and then stretch it out to individual releases all the way to Nov.
In this case it doesn't matter what they've always done since they're trying to spread 6 characters through a full season, that's a year. It was never said that Broly and Gogeta would be released as a pair either, they just advertised the two strongest guys from the movie. And again, they wouldn't send people specific release days in email if they weren't sure about it.

IM21
Banned

Post by IM21 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:07 am

they better have a lot more stuff for the game, like alternate costumes, stages and other modes cause waiting for 4 characters for a year is shit.

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:53 am

So is Pigtail Videl a legitimate palette swap or a mod? I have yet to get the DLC myself

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:35 pm

IM21 wrote:they better have a lot more stuff for the game, like alternate costumes, stages and other modes cause waiting for 4 characters for a year is shit.
Har har, brother! I share your pain :lol:
MKCSTEALTH wrote:So is Pigtail Videl a legitimate palette swap or a mod? I have yet to get the DLC myself
legitimate pallete swap

mahakaishin1991
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:16 pm

that brown colour with the black feels like its teasing me with Raditz, please be so.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:07 am

mahakaishin1991 wrote:that brown colour with the black feels like its teasing me with Raditz, please be so.
Why? Raditz is the most boring villain in DBZ.

mahakaishin1991
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:11 am

sangofe wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:that brown colour with the black feels like its teasing me with Raditz, please be so.
I like him, I dont agree with you, and I want him in game. God, what is it with this kind of question when it comes to taste?

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:55 pm

mahakaishin1991 wrote:
sangofe wrote:
I like him, I dont agree with you, and I want him in game. God, what is it with this kind of question when it comes to taste?
I was lazy so I didn't write why I think he's boring and why you think he should be in the game.

I think he's boring because he got few moves, is generic, and barely was in the anime. So I don't think he would be a good character for the game. Why do you think he would be?