"Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:23 pm

kn83 wrote:They should have seriously made SSB an in game transfromation for Goku and Vegeta like Golden Frieza, instead completely separate characters. Those 2 extra spots could have used for Broly and Bardock in the launch roster.
Or maybe delay the release date, since these DLC characters seem to be done and the base roster is small for a DB game...
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

KayDash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KayDash » Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:54 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote:the base roster is small for a DB game...
No, it's more then enough. It always should be like this for a new fighting game franchise, DB or not, doesn't matter. If you don't believe me go play some Mortal Kombat Armageddon, and try to have fun with any of it's 64 characters.
Comparison to games from other genres like Fusions and Xenoverse is irrelevant.
Also, look up how many fighting games started out with larger roster then FighterZ in the past 25 years, and if they were actually good, or just the same case as MK Armageddon.

EXBadguy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by EXBadguy » Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:50 pm

Hell yeah to Broly, meh to Bardock. Hopefully Broly's theme will be a metal song with vocals. Arcsys is known for that kind of stuff when it comes to beserk characters.
Akira Toriyama wrote:If anyone. ANYONE AT TOEI! Makes a movie about old and weak major villains returning, or making recolored versions of Super Saiyan, I'ma come to yo company and evict you from doing Dragon Ball ever again! Only I do those things, because people love me, and they despise you....derp!
Marco Polo wrote:Goku Black is a fan of DBZ who hates Super and has taken the form of a younger Goku (thinner shape, softer hair) to avenge the original series by destroying the new.

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:07 pm

Re: Rooster Size

24 characters is more than enough for a 3 vs 3 tag team fighter and there's a lot of possible combinations you can make out of them, more than you may realise, let's do some maths.
You have 24 available characters to pick with the posibility of building a team of 3 fighters, for sake of argument let's lowball the possible numbers of combination by not allowing repeated combinations (i.e: Goku/Vegeta/Trunks and Vegeta/Goku/Trunks are counted as a single combination), we use the following formula:

n! divided by k!*(n-k)!

n = number of available choices (24 chars).

k = number of possible choices from a poll (3 characters).

! = Factorial function.

End Result: 2,024 possible team combinations, that's a lot for a rooster of just 24 characters.
Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.

KorgDTR2000
Beyond Newbie

Post by KorgDTR2000 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:15 pm

Broly and Bardock both look sick.

I hate SSJ Bardock, but I get that it would be ridiculous to ignore that special given how little action Bardock has in the first special.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:30 pm

And there is absolutely no reason to ignore Episode of Bardock unless if they want to make a game faithful to the original manga, which won't happen (thankfully, because that's one of the many reasons that make Dragon Ball Online so charming). Console games need to sell, and in order to sell they need to be embracing somehow.

Super Saiyan is now part of Bardock's character as much as Super Saiyan is part of every other Saiyan that has it. By ignoring it, it's ignoring part of his characterization. Can't take that concept away from him anymore, especially now that Super Saiyan Bardock has been featured in every Dragon Ball game since his debut.

I just wished Chilled would appear more in the games, so that he actually has someone fight against "in a legit way" (lack of a better phrasing).
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:50 pm

I wish we could unlock Bardock and Broly through the story mode, I hate having to buy new characters
Power levels are not just big numbers:

by Doctor.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:07 pm

KayDash wrote:
No, it's more then enough. It always should be like this for a new fighting game franchise, DB or not, doesn't matter.
If didn't matter, there wouldn't be DLC characters. Plain and simple. The game just got released and they already have DLC characters prepared to get your money, because they know fans want more characters.

And no, 24 characters isn't enough. Especially when we are talking about a DB game in this era and a 3 vs 3 fighting game. I'm not saying I need 100 characters, but at least 30 wouldn't hurt. With 8 DLC characters, the game will have 32 characters so it's not impossible.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:34 pm

I am not only desperate for Broly but Gattai Zamasu. SSJ4 Gogeta, Blue Vegetto, Super Saiyajin 4 Goku, Vegeta, Pan and Baby would not hurt either. Neither Kafla.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

ShadowBardock89
Advanced Regular

Post by ShadowBardock89 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:10 am

FortuneSSJ wrote: Bardock is disappointing. Another Goku look alike, but unlike SSR Back he doesn't have an unique moveset to back him up. At least they were smart and went his is base Form.
We only have a few screens to go by. We don't know Bardock's movelist, let alone how he plays, yet!
Bullza wrote:
So instead of getting say Toppo or Dyspo, they instead give us a tremendously and predictable choice of Bardock who is a boring Goku look a like and then Broly because they always have to shoehorn Broly into something.
And why wouldn't they pick Broly and Bardock? They are both popular and have been marketable in the past. They are guaranteed, established sources to garner a profit compared to unknowns from Super.
For all that is sane, look past your own dislike for the characters and realize there is a bigger majority of fans who actually like those characters. For ArcSys to ignore those bigger fanbases and NOT market those characters would be a bit foolish.

Basically,
Image =

Am I saying characters like Jiren, Toppo, Dyspo, Ribrianne, Caulifla, Kale, Kefla and other Super characters won't draw a profit? No.
I am saying Broly and Bardock will draw a bigger profit than them, though. They are a safe bet.
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=40715&start=20#p1439892
http://dba.bn-ent.net/character/barduck.html
https://i.imgur.com/86hOk5i.gif

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:43 am

ShadowBardock89 wrote:I am saying Broly and Bardock will draw a bigger profit than them, though. They are a safe bet.
Whose to say. Going by comments I've seen on other websites like IGN, people are also tired of these two characters.

They're shoved into all the games but now you've gotta pay extra money for them this time and people may not want to. Jiren or Toppo have never been playable in any character and are the current popular characters.

They'd sell just fine.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:13 am

Nevermind, seems ok

KayDash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KayDash » Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:06 am

FortuneSSJ wrote:
KayDash wrote:
No, it's more then enough. It always should be like this for a new fighting game franchise, DB or not, doesn't matter.
If didn't matter, there wouldn't be DLC characters. Plain and simple. The game just got released and they already have DLC characters prepared to get your money, because they know fans want more characters.

And no, 24 characters isn't enough. Especially when we are talking about a DB game in this era and a 3 vs 3 fighting game. I'm not saying I need 100 characters, but at least 30 wouldn't hurt. With 8 DLC characters, the game will have 32 characters so it's not impossible.
It's fine to have more characters later, but it's unrealistic to expect much more from a new fighting game series, where they have to build everything from the ground up. I also don't mind that characters added later as we players already learned the previous ones.
As I said, most games starts out with even less characters then that. Marvel vs. Capcom had only 15 and that wasn't even the first game in that franchise. In MvsC2 it was 56, but they were able to do it, because they used the sprites from most of games they developed for the CPS2 system, FighterZ can't do that.
If you want to release a new game with that many characters (which is not just an update, which MvsC2 actually was), then you have to take sacrifices. Like how MK Armageddon had 64 characters with lackluster gameplay. Or how The King of Fighters XIV had 55 characters and fine gameplay, but graphically it looked like a game that could have been released in the PS2 era.
Btw, Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite started out with only 20 character, and a it's 2 vs 2, so that's even less combinations.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:37 am

Any news on if there will be more story mode?
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:48 am

We still have 6 more characters to go folks.. shouldnt be that big of a deal.
If you dont want them, dont buy em. simple.

I didn't want Freddy anywhere near my MK9 so I didnt download him.

and yeah Super is the new hotness but that doesnt mean they have to take up every DLC spot either. Dragon Ball is chuck full of cool characters. I wouldnt be surprised nor would I mind if we had to wait for a sequel to play as more Super era characters, this game already has 6. Two Blues, Black, Beerus, Hit and Golden Freeza.

Sure some could say "OOOOh NOOO BoG & RoF started out as "Z" Products". While true, they were rewritten as part of Super's story. Hell they WERE DB Super before Hit was a thing lol. Thats all new era material.

When people think of Z its, Vegeta, Freeza, Cell,Boo and 13 movies.

When People think of Super its, Gods of Destruction, Blue haired, Red haired, Pink haired and White haired Super Saiyans, other universes and the ToP.
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:53 pm

Here is the analysis on Bardock and Goku

Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:55 pm

goku the krump dancer wrote:When people think of Z its, Vegeta, Freeza, Cell,Boo and 13 movies.
No, I also think about Beerus, SSJ God, Golden Freeza and Blue.
dbzfan7 wrote:Here is the analysis on Bardock and Goku
Don't that fits more in the interesting pics thread man?
Power levels are not just big numbers:

by Doctor.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:00 pm

jeffbr92 wrote:Don't that fits more in the interesting pics thread man?
It's based on FighterZ, and it is a joking comic related to the topic of Bardock, who is a DLC character. I think it's fine. I put it there too just in case.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

ShadowBardock89
Advanced Regular

Post by ShadowBardock89 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:08 pm

Bullza wrote:
ShadowBardock89 wrote:I am saying Broly and Bardock will draw a bigger profit than them, though. They are a safe bet.
Whose to say. Going by comments I've seen on other websites like IGN, people are also tired of these two characters.
Vocal Minority. Money does not talk, it screams. I would like to see the sales figures for Bardock-related merchandise (this includes Heroes) and Broly merchandise compared to Super characters.
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=40715&start=20#p1439892
http://dba.bn-ent.net/character/barduck.html
https://i.imgur.com/86hOk5i.gif

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:10 pm

ShadowBardock89 wrote:Vocal Minority. Money does not talk, it screams. I would like to see the sales figures for Bardock-related merchandise (this includes Heroes) and Broly merchandise compared to Super characters.
They've been around for ages. Super characters have not so they wouldn't have the sales advantage.

If they were to put a poll on that game and people could vote who they'd rather have as as a DLC character between Bardock or Jiren then Jiren would definitely get more votes.