"Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

KayDash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" (PS4/XBO/PC, 2018, Arc System Works) Official Discussion Thread

Post by KayDash » Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:43 am

MainJPW wrote:
Olympian wrote: [spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Is that what I think it is?

Doesn't he starts up his Kikohou sometimes like that?
Check this from 0:47: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWuuCHBUxRw
Tho it would be cool, if he could use Kiai too.

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" (PS4/XBO/PC, 2018, Arc System Works) Official Discussion Thread

Post by Soppa Saia People » Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:24 pm

This roster reminds me of Hyper Dimension. Hope we get some Dragon Ball characters.
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

lord godly da don
Beyond Newbie

Post by lord godly da don » Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:54 pm

If or when they add adult gohan I hope his move set is a mix between future gohan and main timeline gohan because main timeline adult gohan really don't have a lot of moves to pull from

cringey

Post by cringey » Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:24 pm

Kanassa wrote:
cringey wrote:Yamcha will be my main for sure. Together, we will beat the s**t out of those Super fans.
What have you got against people who like Super?

Demanding useless characters from ToP over iconic ones. My boy, Yamcha, will show them the true light.
Ranmaru Rei wrote:Each character will have only one costume, but different palletes, because to do new costumes for characters is quite hard for their engine.
The bold one is wrong, where did you read that?!

Olympian
Regular

Post by Olympian » Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:36 pm

I would love a Puar for support (so Yamcha can have his own Sword moves, a giant scissor and bazooka xD) and the Super outfit. Tenshinhan`s second pallete is obvious, the more iconic look. But I`m aware that in a game more focused in gameplay, movesets and a tigher asthetic presentation may not give room for these extras.

Do we have images yet on how Chiatzu will look?
Ki Breaker wrote:

Yamcha + Roshi = Yamoshi

Coincidence? I think not

KayDash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KayDash » Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:43 pm

Olympian wrote:I would love a Puar for support (so Yamcha can have his own Sword moves
Literally the same thing I'd wanted to see, but I guess that was DB era, and they went with his Saiyan Saga incernation instead. Originally I wasn't even positive about having him in the roster, but after seeing the screenshots, I'm happy, his Rouga fu fu ken with the added claw and wolf-head effects looks awesome. :)
Seems like he will be a nice rushdown character, kinda like Wolverine was in MvC.

Ranmaru Rei
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ranmaru Rei » Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:00 pm

cringey wrote:
Ranmaru Rei wrote:Each character will have only one costume, but different palletes, because to do new costumes for characters is quite hard for their engine.
The bold one is wrong, where did you read that?!
Somewhere is explanation, why Guilty Gear Xrd has no alternative costumes. DB Fighter Z use the same engine. So, the reason is same.
I'm to lazy to search. Anyway:
from reddit discussion of this question wrote:They did a gdc talk about the work required for one character being modeled and lit on YouTube about 3 or 4 years ago. Look it up. The time consuming part is the custom lighting for each animation frame to make it look 2d, not 3d. If ty did standard lighting like two men, it would be easy, but they don't do that. This is also why we only get about 5 or 6 characters added per revision, instead of having all the old cast by now, because it takes so long for each character.
In other words, each costume requires a ton of work, that can be spent for making new character instead.

MainJPW
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MainJPW » Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:33 pm

Olympian wrote: Do we have images yet on how Chiatzu will look?
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]

Olympian
Regular

Post by Olympian » Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:40 pm

Chiatzu! I like it :D hoping the supports have unique combo moves.

At least as a support you can have the original four man squad with just picking the main three Earthlings.
Last edited by Olympian on Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ki Breaker wrote:

Yamcha + Roshi = Yamoshi

Coincidence? I think not

Olympian
Regular

Post by Olympian » Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:41 pm

KayDash wrote:
Olympian wrote:I would love a Puar for support (so Yamcha can have his own Sword moves
Literally the same thing I'd wanted to see, but I guess that was DB era, and they went with his Saiyan Saga incernation instead. Originally I wasn't even positive about having him in the roster, but after seeing the screenshots, I'm happy, his Rouga fu fu ken with the added claw and wolf-head effects looks awesome. :)
Seems like he will be a nice rushdown character, kinda like Wolverine was in MvC.
I`m not interely sure it`s even the Saiyan version. The hairstyle is the current one and the GI looks more like the one in the 2008 movie going by memory.
Ki Breaker wrote:

Yamcha + Roshi = Yamoshi

Coincidence? I think not

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:15 pm

My boy Yamcha is looking good. I'm so glad my boy Yamcha can be a fighter again even if it's only a videogame.

Someone needs to convince Toei to make my boy Yamcha a fighter in Super even if it's only for a short filler-arc or something. We need my boy Yamcha to throw a punch in Super.

Ranmaru Rei
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ranmaru Rei » Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:40 pm

Cosplay of #21 by Sosenka
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

More Nakkiel: https://youtu.be/FqwWITpxjsA

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:17 pm

Regarding the story for this game, it honestly seems like this story could've actually made for a pretty solid movie or arc for Super (though I'm iffy about Cell and Freeza's involvement). It's almost a shame that it's being used for a video game.

Also, I know I'm kind of late to comment on this, but #21 seems like she has the potential to be a fairly interesting villain.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:26 pm

WittyUsername wrote:Regarding the story for this game, it honestly seems like this story could've actually made for a pretty solid movie or arc for Super (though I'm iffy about Cell and Freeza's involvement). It's almost a shame that it's being used for a video game.
We know next to nothing about the plot aside from the concept: Android Scientist with Gero-like Intelligence. Army of clones. 16 is there.

I'd say it's far to early to actually judge the story at all.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:43 pm

Kanassa wrote:
WittyUsername wrote:Regarding the story for this game, it honestly seems like this story could've actually made for a pretty solid movie or arc for Super (though I'm iffy about Cell and Freeza's involvement). It's almost a shame that it's being used for a video game.
We know next to nothing about the plot aside from the concept: Android Scientist with Gero-like Intelligence. Army of clones. 16 is there.

I'd say it's far to early to actually judge the story at all.
The concept seems like it has a lot of potential though. It's something that the franchise hasn't really done before, which is certainly a step up from something like Ressurection F.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:46 pm

WittyUsername wrote:The concept seems like it has a lot of potential though. It's something that the franchise hasn't really done before, which is certainly a step up from something like Ressurection F.
Uh, what? What hasn't been done before?

Evil/clone versions of our main characters? Been there, done that.
Evil genius scientist? Been there, done that.
Asspulled new villain with connections to a past arc? Been there, done that.
Bringing back an old popular character for the sake of nostalgia? Been there, done that.

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:54 pm

Doctor. wrote:
WittyUsername wrote:The concept seems like it has a lot of potential though. It's something that the franchise hasn't really done before, which is certainly a step up from something like Ressurection F.
Uh, what? What hasn't been done before?

Evil/clone versions of our main characters? Been there, done that.
Evil genius scientist? Been there, done that.
Asspulled new villain with connections to a past arc? Been there, done that.
Bringing back an old popular character for the sake of nostalgia? Been there, done that.
We've had an evil version of Goku, but not an entire android army of evil versions of the Z-fighters. That was what I was referring to.

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:54 pm

Yeah, I don't have great expectations of the story from the small information we have. Like Doctor. said above the idea isn't exactly original.

Of course like anything execution will dictate how good it is. At least we got a cool design from it in the eventuality it sucks.
This really won't affect the game much, it's more bonus material than anything else.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:56 pm

WittyUsername wrote:We've had an evil version of Goku, but not an entire android army of evil versions of the Z-fighters. That was what I was referring to.
That idea is very generic, everybody complained about Goku Black when he was revealed for that very reason.

I'm more excited for the story than for the ToP, I'm just saying the ideas aren't exactly original, not even for DB standards.

Olympian
Regular

Post by Olympian » Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:19 pm

Thanks to the shots available I went back and watched the anime Yamcha x Tenshinhan fight (still the best of the whole show IMO) and reviewed back some of the moves that they designed for the fight, especially Yamcha`s jump+illusion combo that ends with a kick and his clawing Ten`s arms to hit vital spots (how that for a Grab?) and Tenshinhan turning red (saying turning hot is kind of weird) when making his whole body a shield.

Yamcha for the better rushdown and Tenshinhan for the parrying.
Ki Breaker wrote:

Yamcha + Roshi = Yamoshi

Coincidence? I think not