"Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Lukmendes
Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Lukmendes » Sun Oct 28, 2018 1:11 am

mahakaishin1991 wrote:
Super Saiyan Turlast x4 wrote:I'm ready for season 2 to be announced. Hope there are some good selections.
while I dont expect him, I would really like to see Raditz in this game. After that, Super content (Jiren, Kefla) Movie villains (Janemba, Bojack) and GT content (Super Saiyan 4 Goku, Baby Vegeta, Omega Shenron)
Honestly, if they were to add another Goku, Kid Goku from DB and/or Ultra Instinct Goku would be better choices, those can offer more varied ideas than other versions of Goku, since SSJ4 Goku doesn't offer much to the table, unless Dragon Fist could define him in some way.
Logania wrote:Bojack would be cool, but I dont know about how to implement an entire moveset to him without forcing his minions into it which would be a weird thing to see him with.

However, using Zangya as a level 3 super counter attack would be so hilarious and I would love to see that.
To be fair, same could be said about Ginyu force, while they are a team, they didn't really fight like one except Jeice and Burter (Which the game even implements that by having them attack together in one of their assists), and if I remember correctly, two of Bojack's henchmen attacked SSJ2 Gohan while he walked towards Bojack, so having some "assist characters" for him wouldn't exactly be far fetched.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 12:08 am My man, all Goku had to do was go SSJ3 and shock Vegeta so much the M on his head would have turned into an L and Buu would have never happened.

IM21
Banned

Post by IM21 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:55 am

I also hope they announce season 2 soon. I'd like to see:

movie pack: Janemba/Gogeta
gt pack: Omega Shenron/SSJ4 Gogeta
Top pack: Jiren/Kefla
earthlings pack: Roshi/Videl(Great Saiyaman 2 with Gohan)

Others I wouldn't mind:

Tapion, cause characters with a sword are just great
Broly from the new movie
Raditz
Super Buu

There are definitely better choices than Raditz or Buu, but I just can't think of them from the top of my head.

CTAkuma
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by CTAkuma » Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:03 am

IM21 wrote: Tapion, cause characters with a sword are just great
Broly from the new movie
Raditz
Super Buu

There are definitely better choices than Raditz or Buu, but I just can't think of them from the top of my head.
I agree pretty much with almost everything. Super Buu would have been a great choice and Raditz can be a fun character too no doubt

supersaiyanZero
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by supersaiyanZero » Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:10 pm

Anything but Janemba at this point is a joke. A fighting game with this kind of engine is made for a character like that. If some scrub like Tapion or Jiren gets in over him I'll be so pissed.

CTAkuma
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by CTAkuma » Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:11 pm

supersaiyanZero wrote:Anything but Janemba at this point is a joke. A fighting game with this kind of engine is made for a character like that. If some scrub like Tapion or Jiren gets in over him I'll be so pissed.
Tapion i agree shouldn't be in the roster since he literally has no original moveset and they have to make one up, which at that point would defeat the purpose of adding him to begin with. Jiren most likely will get in the game, he represents the antagonist of the TOP so i doubt they'd be leaving him out

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:23 pm

I expect an announcement of Season 2 at either EVO Japan or the World Tour Finals, so end of January or middle of February.

My prediction is 6 characters instead of the 8 in the first season. 8 characters is a lot.

- Jiren and Kefla are the obvious ones to cover the ToP arc.
- Then New Broly and Gogeta Blue/UI Goku depending on what happens in the movie.
- Finally Muten Roshi and Janemba as they popular and interesting choices.

From these I would gladly trade New Broly and Gogeta Blue for Dabra with Babibi and his minions and #20/#19 . Also wouldn't mind Raditz, Kid Gohan or Great Saiyaman.

Kataphrut
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kataphrut » Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:10 pm

I don't think we'll get Blue Gogeta/Super Broly, in season 2. Jiren wasn't in season 1 at all despite being the ToP being the new hotness when it was being planned. By that same token, I don't think they'll have planned far enough in advance to account for the new movie with season 2.

More likely we get Super Saiyan Gogeta and Janemba, and the inevitable Ultimax-style sequel will update Broly and Gogeta to their movie looks, maybe with the old looks kept as a costume.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:13 am

I like the idea of adding Kefla, Great Saiyaman, and final form Janemba.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

IM21
Banned

Post by IM21 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:43 am

Kataphrut wrote:I don't think we'll get Blue Gogeta/Super Broly, in season 2. Jiren wasn't in season 1 at all despite being the ToP being the new hotness when it was being planned. By that same token, I don't think they'll have planned far enough in advance to account for the new movie with season 2.

More likely we get Super Saiyan Gogeta and Janemba, and the inevitable Ultimax-style sequel will update Broly and Gogeta to their movie looks, maybe with the old looks kept as a costume.
Season 2 will mostl likely be announced next year. They will have more than a year to make a character, so making Jiren won't be a problem.

I also just checked the 13th movie again and damn, Tapion really does nothing in that movie. Perhaps adding him is not a good idea.

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:50 pm

Yeah they probably have a lot more time to adapt the characters from the movie. They take about 6 months to make one, the movie comes out in December, if they release them in July/August it's more than enough time.

I didn't mention it before but I also expect at least one more stage to come.

IM21
Banned

Post by IM21 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:18 pm

LightBing wrote:Yeah they probably have a lot more time to adapt the characters from the movie. They take about 6 months to make one, the movie comes out in December, if they release them in July/August it's more than enough time.

I didn't mention it before but I also expect at least one more stage to come.
ROSAT would probably be the easiest to make. I'd like to see the Roshi island or Kami's lookout.

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:27 pm

LightBing wrote:I expect an announcement of Season 2 at either EVO Japan or the World Tour Finals, so end of January or middle of February.

My prediction is 6 characters instead of the 8 in the first season. 8 characters is a lot.

- Jiren and Kefla are the obvious ones to cover the ToP arc.
- Then New Broly and Gogeta Blue/UI Goku depending on what happens in the movie.
- Finally Muten Roshi and Janemba as they popular and interesting choices.

From these I would gladly trade New Broly and Gogeta Blue for Dabra with Babibi and his minions and #20/#19 . Also wouldn't mind Raditz, Kid Gohan or Great Saiyaman.
I think overall the TOP could have enough representation for a season on its own

Jiren
Kefla
Ribrianne
Ganos (big bird mode)
Paparoni (using the othe warriors as assists and Anilaza as a form, either a giant fighter or an ultimate)
Bergamo and his brothers
Toppo (using the rest of the pride troopers to attack and Hakaishin mode as a 'dragon install' that trades his assistants for power)
Ultra instint Goku

shadowmaria
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowmaria » Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:33 pm

Bought the Season Pass when the game made it first available, and finally finished cycling through the eight new characters.
That means it's finally time to trade in this game towards an actual good game.

GTx10
Regular

Post by GTx10 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:19 pm

shadowmaria wrote:Bought the Season Pass when the game made it first available, and finally finished cycling through the eight new characters.

Note: Growing up I loved fighting games and played them alone often. As I grew up I found I could not enjoy them as much as when I was a kid.

With that said, FighterZ does not catch my attention. I wouldn't say it's a bad game but it isn't good either. I'm sure with a group of friends this game could be a blast but their is nothing fun about getting your butt handed to you by "better" players and/or playing the dull story mode. (It's not the story but the repeated characters)
Not only that but this game needs some gag characters like Roshi, Mr. Satan, Arale, or hell Mercenary Tao! (Not for the gags but KO'ing foes with your tongue.)
"Good luck, Kakarrot... You are the Champion!!" Vegeta DBZ ShonenJump Manga Volume 26 p.113

I'm reviewing Dragon Ball! Both the Jap ver. and Uncut Funi Dub! Check out the thread: http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtop ... =6&t=31208

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:32 pm

I finished story mode several days ago (rushed through parts of it because I wanted to get the Halloween exclusive items) and now I'm just playing arcade mode as I fight to earn the coins to unlock the rest of the recolors.

Of the three paid dlc characters I bought, two of them are in my current main team (the third being Android 21). I really enjoy all three though no urge to buy the other dlc characters. If they release anyone I'd like to play as in future dlc I'd be willing to pay.

I've really improved since I started playing, but I'm not serious enough to learn the ins and outs and cheats to play this on a bigger scale.

I would like more holiday events though.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:04 am

This game is a great game. I get that some people don't like it, different strokes for different people. That doesn't make the game bad, claiming so is silly when the community and industry at large support the fact that this is a good ass game.

Coming to this thread and in a short sentence, without context and elaboration, criticizing it just reflects badly on you.

EXBadguy

Post by EXBadguy » Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:44 am

GTx10 wrote:
shadowmaria wrote:Bought the Season Pass when the game made it first available, and finally finished cycling through the eight new characters.

Note: Growing up I loved fighting games and played them alone often. As I grew up I found I could not enjoy them as much as when I was a kid.

With that said, FighterZ does not catch my attention. I wouldn't say it's a bad game but it isn't good either. I'm sure with a group of friends this game could be a blast but their is nothing fun about getting your butt handed to you by "better" players and/or playing the dull story mode. (It's not the story but the repeated characters)
Not only that but this game needs some gag characters like Roshi, Mr. Satan, Arale, or hell Mercenary Tao! (Not for the gags but KO'ing foes with your tongue.)
Yeah, I think if this game had more offline modes and a better arcade mode, then it would've been a great one. I tell ya, this is what happens when you focus too damn much on the E-Sports crap. It happened with Street Fighter 5, Tekken 7, and now this.E-Sports can be both good and bad for fighting games. Hell, if they wanna focus on the online competitive stuff first and then have more single player modes for DLC, I wouldn't mind. It's no wonder the playerbase went down fast after two weeks of release. True, no game lasts forever and I get the competitive player base sticks around (and help the market post release), but what about the rest of the base who just play for fun? Like it or not, they are the majority of the playerbase, not the E-Sports crowd. Arcs needs to understand that this game is not and will never will be a League of Legends.

Like ya said, game ain't bad, just could've been better as a whole.
Akira Toriyama wrote:If anyone. ANYONE AT TOEI! Makes a movie about old and weak major villains returning, or making recolored versions of Super Saiyan, I'ma come to yo company and evict you from doing Dragon Ball ever again! Only I do those things, because people love me, and they despise you....derp!
Marco Polo wrote:Goku Black is a fan of DBZ who hates Super and has taken the form of a younger Goku (thinner shape, softer hair) to avenge the original series by destroying the new.

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:05 am

What e-sports? The game only got it's World Tour five months after launch.
There's has been no push whatsoever that has affected the game. In-fact looking at all the interviews before the game released they were far more concerned to appeal to the casual Dragon Ball fans than fighting game people.

This game has sub-par single player content but that's not because of the competitive scene, there's no relation there. The player based dropped hard after two weeks because it's a bloody fighting game, it's normal.
For a recent example look at SoulCalibur 6, it had 14k people on steam playing it, after 10 days it has dropped to around 3k.

supersaiyanZero
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by supersaiyanZero » Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:19 pm

Right. So one of the best fighting games to come out in recent memory (reinvigorating interest in fighting games as a by product) is not an "actual good game." :yawn:

Logania
Regular

Post by Logania » Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:40 pm

Good thing Red Dead Redemption 2 just came out. Can trade towards that, that's next on my game list.
"I can't increase my ability through some kind of noisy transformation the way Frost and you Saiyans do. If I wanna become more lethal, I don't have the luxury of cutting corners, I just have to do it the old-fashioned way.

Combat is craft. What matters most is not raw power, but the skill by which you hone it."