"Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Zidiane
Not-So-Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" (PS4/XBO/PC, 2018, Arc System Works) Official Discussion Thread

Post by Zidiane » Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:08 pm

Here's LIJoe teaching Gootecks how to play in the game in the span of one game. It helps give a good idea of how the game'll work for those of us who didn't get to play it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LhGeEC-ubA

Here's the same player's opinions on the build.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWZ6A_XK0mw
RedHeat wrote:I wish they waited until the game was a lot further into development to announce it. There will be nothing much to discuss except for roster speculation, with maybe new leaks from magazines confirming characters.
You can also talk about things like the gameplay. There've been a lot of players who understand how fighting games work who've posted their thoughts on the game and explanations of how the actual fighting works.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" (PS4/XBO/PC, 2018, Arc System Works) Official Discussion Thread

Post by FortuneSSJ » Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:33 pm

RedHeat wrote:I wish they waited until the game was a lot further into development to announce it. There will be nothing much to discuss except for roster speculation, with maybe new leaks from magazines confirming characters.
If the game will release at early 2018 they had to take advantage of E3 exposition to show it. It's an acceptable gap.
I wish Square Enix took some notes instead of announcing games 5/10 years before they come out.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:46 am

FortuneSSJ wrote:
If the game will release at early 2018 they had to take advantage of E3 exposition to show it. It's an acceptable gap.
I wish Square Enix took some notes instead of announcing games 5/10 years before they come out.
Or never, right?
The FF VII remaster happens in cycles. There was this demo of opening scene before on Sony presentation, which was a demonstration of PS3 hardware and resulted in Advent Children movie later.
Now, they've announced the FF VII remaster for current gen, but later, looks like it will never happen... Yeah, Square Enix learned not to give my hopes up, unless the intended game is cemented for release :)
I am also little unhappy about getting IV for PSP as classic RPG 2D game instead of NDS version, that was a 3D remake as FF III was released same on PSP and NDS.

Square Enix - great games but utter development and marketing chaos :)
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

Dylanrockin
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Dylanrockin » Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:41 am

To be honest this game was my "E3 Best Game" and even though the game is stated to be 20% complete it looks fantastic! If they can include Dragon Ball Super content, like Xenoverse did, then I'll play the hell out of it! Give me Goku Black/Zamasu, Hit and Beerus with Goku Black having his transformation be Fused or Rose any day!

If they don't include Goku Black, (or most Super villains/characters) then I think that would be a missed opportunity, given how well-received his arc was and how awesome of a villain he is, what with his shit-eating grin and over-the-top, flamboyant speeches that could give most JRPG villains a run for their money. (But that might also be because I just want to hear him talk... a lot. :P )

cringey

Post by cringey » Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:55 am

If only they would keep away from that hot garbage called Dragon Ball Super.. or make them DLC to milk its fans.

Captain-Sora
Regular

Post by Captain-Sora » Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:16 pm

MCDaveG wrote:The FF VII remaster happens in cycles. There was this demo of opening scene before on Sony presentation, which was a demonstration of PS3 hardware and resulted in Advent Children movie later.
The tech demo and the movie didn't really have anything to do with each other. Advent Children, which was something fans were already aware of, was in production during that time and came out near the end of the year that demonstration was shown.

YonedgeHP
Regular

Post by YonedgeHP » Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:20 pm

cringey wrote:If only they would keep away from that hot garbage called Dragon Ball Super.. or make them DLC to milk its fans.
They are not going to keep out Super characters and legit new content because you don't like the series (not the characters itself).
Between you and the Namekian I think I've lost my touch at genocide. -PSN Xenoverse 2 account: Yonedge-HP. Freeza's race Ki blast avatar: Yonedge.
Filler and canon discussions are "meh" :oops:

English is not my first language!

cringey

Post by cringey » Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:15 pm

YonedgeHP wrote:They are not going to keep out Super characters and legit new content because you don't like the series (not the characters itself).
Where did I state that they are not gonna put Super characters?

YonedgeHP
Regular

Post by YonedgeHP » Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:01 pm

cringey wrote:
YonedgeHP wrote:They are not going to keep out Super characters and legit new content because you don't like the series (not the characters itself).
Where did I state that they are not gonna put Super characters?
You said "if they would". They were never going to take this into account just because you want it.
Between you and the Namekian I think I've lost my touch at genocide. -PSN Xenoverse 2 account: Yonedge-HP. Freeza's race Ki blast avatar: Yonedge.

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:08 pm

Dragon Ball Z fighting game in the big leagues ...

Never thought I'd see the day.

That's one off my bucket list.

cringey

Post by cringey » Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:00 am

YonedgeHP wrote:You said "if they would". They were never going to take this into account just because you want it.
It's one thing to not want them (express my personal desire) and another one that ASW won't include them in the final roster.

So, I will ask again. Where did I state that they are not gonna put Super characters?

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:37 am

Captain-Sora wrote:
MCDaveG wrote:The FF VII remaster happens in cycles. There was this demo of opening scene before on Sony presentation, which was a demonstration of PS3 hardware and resulted in Advent Children movie later.
The tech demo and the movie didn't really have anything to do with each other. Advent Children, which was something fans were already aware of, was in production during that time and came out near the end of the year that demonstration was shown.
Thanks for the info :)

If there is Golden Freeza, I think there might be a one more Super character. Someone promiment.
So far, Goku's multiversal rival is currently Hit, I think.
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:26 am

cringey wrote:If only they would keep away from that hot garbage called Dragon Ball Super.. or make them DLC to milk its fans.
If you gonna call Super hot garbage, then don't even call it "Super". Call it, "Dragon Bullshit" or something.
Caulifla best girl! :)

YonedgeHP
Regular

Post by YonedgeHP » Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:47 pm

cringey wrote:
YonedgeHP wrote:You said "if they would". They were never going to take this into account just because you want it.
It's one thing to not want them (express my personal desire) and another one that ASW won't include them in the final roster.

So, I will ask again. Where did I state that they are not gonna put Super characters?
When I said that you stated this? I implied that they "would" never do something like that because some people wishes to be like that. It must be a language barrier or something.

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:40 pm

I would love to see Caulifla as DLC. She's my new favorite character in Dragon Ball Super. (If you can't tell from my signature and avatar)
Caulifla best girl! :)

TL18
Beyond Newbie

Post by TL18 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:48 pm

https://youtu.be/CGAJMNi6ryg

Just another update from Maximilian about FighterZ, basically a quick run down of what's we know so far with some new info (if you are just checking in every now and then)

TheGameTagerZ
Beyond Newbie

Post by TheGameTagerZ » Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:58 pm

TL18 wrote:https://youtu.be/CGAJMNi6ryg

Just another update from Maximilian about FighterZ, basically a quick run down of what's we know so far with some new info (if you are just checking in every now and then)
I was there when he was recording these at E3. He picked up the game pretty fast (although he had to hog one of the booths for several matches to do so)

LaRésistance
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by LaRésistance » Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:10 am

TL18 wrote:https://youtu.be/CGAJMNi6ryg

He keeps talking about interviews he saw online but never mentions his sources. Most of the stuff he says in this clearly comes from my interview. He could at least have put a link to the original interview in the description below his video. Not cool.
The résistance dies but never gives up.