"Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Post by VegettoEX » Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:29 pm

In-universe strength comparisons should be taken to the appropriate threads outside of this one.
goku the krump dancer wrote:You're "trolling" i get it..'You do understand that Cooler literally exist to be a Freeza a clone anyway.. Movie 5 and 6 exist because of Freeza's popularity it doesnt matter if you were to replace Cooler with Cold, Chilled, Kuriza or Frost they were were all gonna be similar to Freeza in SOME WAY just off the strength that they only exist because of him. Cooler's "death ball" lvl 3 is a rush down move similar to Bardock's and SS Goku's level 3..

I... ya know. i'm actually losing interest in this conversation as I type.. I'm done. If you're gonna continue to be this shallow have fun man.
This is not an appropriate way to converse on this forum.
FoolsGil wrote:That's adorable, me having a different opinion is trolling. But say or do whatever you want, whiners goin' whine, right?
This is not an appropriate way to converse on this forum.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

supersaiyanZero
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by supersaiyanZero » Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:21 pm

FoolsGil wrote:
goku the krump dancer wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:
The Charging Special Move that Freeza has, Cooler Has. And while some folks may have issues with me calling the Supernova a Deathball, and in the series and movies they are clearly different moves, but fact is as videogames go, its the exact same move. Two of his presumably 3 special moves are just like Freeza. What else would anyone call him? An Echo Fighter?

You're "trolling" i get it..'You do understand that Cooler literally exist to be a Freeza a clone anyway.. Movie 5 and 6 exist because of Freeza's popularity it doesnt matter if you were to replace Cooler with Cold, Chilled, Kuriza or Frost they were were all gonna be similar to Freeza in SOME WAY just off the strength that they only exist because of him. Cooler's "death ball" lvl 3 is a rush down move similar to Bardock's and SS Goku's level 3..

I... ya know. i'm actually losing interest in this conversation as I type.. I'm done. If you're gonna continue to be this shallow have fun man.
That's adorable, me having a different opinion is trolling. But say or do whatever you want, whiners goin' whine, right?
Your "opinion" isn't based in any objective context at all. Literally based on zero facts even though we have video footage of Cooler playing nothing like Frieza. To call him a clone based off of what we all saw shows a gross ignorance in what sets characters apart (whether intention or unintentional) and therefore disqualified your "opinion" as something to be taken seriously in the discussion.

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:38 pm

It appears that New Zealand didn't get the DLC yet as the last time after midnight

ShadowBardock89
Advanced Regular

Post by ShadowBardock89 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:43 pm

mute_proxy wrote:It appears that New Zealand didn't get the DLC yet as the last time after midnight
I wonder what the reason is. Timezone difference? Lack of communication?
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=40715&start=20#p1439892
http://dba.bn-ent.net/character/barduck.html
https://i.imgur.com/86hOk5i.gif

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:23 pm

supersaiyanZero wrote: Your "opinion" isn't based in any objective context at all. Literally based on zero facts even though we have video footage of Cooler playing nothing like Frieza. To call him a clone based off of what we all saw shows a gross ignorance in what sets characters apart (whether intention or unintentional) and therefore disqualified your "opinion" as something to be taken seriously in the discussion.

You can't "disqualify" an opinion. It's my right to believe what I want to believe. And your disagreement with my opinion, doesn't take any validity away from it. I take it seriously. That's me. You can think otherwise on that too, but that doesn't change a thing on how I feel.

supersaiyanZero
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by supersaiyanZero » Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:37 pm

FoolsGil wrote:
supersaiyanZero wrote: Your "opinion" isn't based in any objective context at all. Literally based on zero facts even though we have video footage of Cooler playing nothing like Frieza. To call him a clone based off of what we all saw shows a gross ignorance in what sets characters apart (whether intention or unintentional) and therefore disqualified your "opinion" as something to be taken seriously in the discussion.

You can't "disqualify" an opinion. It's my right to believe what I want to believe. And your disagreement with my opinion, doesn't take any validity away from it. I take it seriously. That's me. You can think otherwise on that too, but that doesn't change a thing on how I feel.

How you "feel" isn't grounded on any sort of objective reasoning. It's like holding up a rectangle and telling me you "feel" that it's a triangle. And even in the rare case that you might genuinely feel this way (meaning you are hindered somehow to objectively discern rectangles from triangles), it removes any validity you feel you may have in the discussion.

The fact is from what we've seen there is NO evidence to support that Cooler is a "Frieza" clone, in gameplay or moveset. This "it's my opinion, man" is starting to really get out of hand.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:47 pm

supersaiyanZero wrote: How you "feel" isn't grounded on any sort of objective reasoning.
Hence Opinon. Case Closed.

dario03
Advanced Regular

Post by dario03 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:15 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote:
NintendoBlaze53 wrote:
FortuneSSJ wrote:- EVO 2018 Grand Finals SonicFox vs GO1-

SonicFox was one of my favourite players but I lost all the respect I had for him because of what he did in the finals to GO1.

That wasn't just a side switch. Sonic is a fantastic player, but his mind games went too far this time. Over 5 minutes just for switch sides, really?! It took longer than it should be and it was an authentic momentum killer for GO1 after that 3-0. I actually feel bad for GO1. He came out from the losers bracket on-fire and then he was forced to cool down. That was ridiculous.
The side switch was a fair play, it wasn't Fox's fault the officials took so long to decide to grant it or not. Go1 was prepared to switch sides but the officials just couldn't make up their mind.
That's not what happened. GO1 didn't want to switch. He wanted to keep playing like they were and that's why the staff had to resort to coin flipping.
The real issue here was never being the player 1 or player 2, being on the left or on the right, but the bullshit mind games behind that break that took over 5 minutes. SonicFox knew the staff had to translate everything to GO1 and that would give him time to ice GO1 who was on-fire and compose himself after that 3-0.

GO1 is a pro gamer, but clearly an emotional one and Sonic took advantage of that in a dirty way.
It was a smart move from him but it's also a shitty way to win, especially in EVO - The biggest fighting game tournament of the year.

Their fights were always fair and square and it's shame to see this is how everything ended.
As far as I can tell Sonic didn't do anything wrong though. It shouldn't have taken so long but that seems to be the refs and rules fault and GO1 not wanting to switch. From what I've read, a new set means new side pick which is decided by coin flip or rock paper scissors. I could see some issue of understanding the rules though if they haven't been updated or what counts as a match/game/set isn't properly defined. But from what I have heard, Sonic could have requested a side switch as soon as it was 0-1 in the first set, and in that case it wouldn't have even been a debate, the loser decides on side switch. The wording seems a little confusing but it does look to be written like that and Justin Wong said it was like that and he has more Evo wins than anybody. So I don't know, maybe they got confused and weren't sure if Sonic got to decide or if it had to be a coin flip, since it was a new set but the same players. It seems like they did come to the right conclusion, it just took longer than it should have.

http://evo.shoryuken.com/tournament-rules/#matchplay

supersaiyanZero
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by supersaiyanZero » Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:06 pm

FoolsGil wrote:
supersaiyanZero wrote: How you "feel" isn't grounded on any sort of objective reasoning.
Again, if you want to remove yourself from the conversation by throwing around "opinions" that aren't based on anything remotely close to facts, you are free to do so. "It's like, my opinion man" doesn't give you free reign to arbitrarily shoehorn nonsense into a discussion when the evidence provided so far has shown nothing but the contrary.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:17 pm

supersaiyanZero wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:
Again, if you want to remove yourself from the conversation by throwing around "opinions" that aren't based on anything remotely close to facts, you are free to do so. "It's like, my opinion man" doesn't give you free reign to arbitrarily shoehorn nonsense into a discussion when the evidence provided so far has shown nothing but the contrary.
Keep typing your keys man, its not going to change a thing.

supersaiyanZero
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by supersaiyanZero » Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:38 pm

FoolsGil wrote:
supersaiyanZero wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:
I know right? won't change the fact that you're wrong.

Was anyone else rooting for Go1? :(

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:54 pm

supersaiyanZero wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:
supersaiyanZero wrote:
I know right? won't change the fact that you're wrong.
Well, as I used to say: "Just because you have an opinion, doesn't mean you're right."

Logania
Regular

Post by Logania » Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:11 pm

supersaiyanZero wrote:Was anyone else rooting for Go1? :(
Nah, I wanted SonicFox to win. Go1 having that Cell, Bardock, Vegeta team makes me want anyone in the finals to lose with that.

That and a man in a furry suit winning EVO is just too good lol
"I can't increase my ability through some kind of noisy transformation the way Frost and you Saiyans do. If I wanna become more lethal, I don't have the luxury of cutting corners, I just have to do it the old-fashioned way.

Combat is craft. What matters most is not raw power, but the skill by which you hone it."

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:19 pm

Patch is out. Apparently Nappa is the new top tier. :lol:

Edit: They integrated Tenshinhan clones in his volleyball move. :D

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:31 pm

LightBing wrote:Patch is out. Apparently Nappa is the new top tier. :lol:

Wait, WHAT!?

I don't have access to my PS4 because I'm painting my room - can you please be a little more specific on the patch?

Simere
Advanced Regular

Post by Simere » Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:33 pm

Nickolaidas wrote:

Wait, WHAT!?

I don't have access to my PS4 because I'm painting my room - can you please be a little more specific on the patch?
Here's a thread compiling changes.

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:35 pm

Nickolaidas wrote:

Wait, WHAT!?

We only have patch notes in Japanese so far. English ones should be here soon, there's a bunch of changes it seems.

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:38 pm

Awesome - let's hope the low tiers will become better!

Logania
Regular

Post by Logania » Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:41 pm

Damn, Nappa has 3 lows? Holy crap.

I can see people sliding him into some teams now. Too bad the Saibamen acid is now just a basic projectile, but the better neutral is well worth it.

Now, I'm just waiting if they buffed Vegito and Hit that will change them up like with Tien, Yamcha and Nappa.
"I can't increase my ability through some kind of noisy transformation the way Frost and you Saiyans do. If I wanna become more lethal, I don't have the luxury of cutting corners, I just have to do it the old-fashioned way.

Combat is craft. What matters most is not raw power, but the skill by which you hone it."

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:45 pm

Golden Frieza having reverse beat sounds pretty sick.

Also, I wonder what changes did Krillin have.