"Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

precita
Banned

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" (PS4/XBO/PC, 2018, Arc System Works) Official Discussion Thread

Post by precita » Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:48 pm

Kid Buu was the final main villain of DBZ so he is likely. I love Super Boo the most design wise (before he absorbed Gotenks or Gohan), he had the most monster and deranged designed, but I can see Kid Buu chosen over him.

I still want some villain henchmen too or underlings. Radditz, Nappa, Captain Ginyu, Dr. Gero and Dabura would be the most important to take from each saga.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" (PS4/XBO/PC, 2018, Arc System Works) Official Discussion Thread

Post by FortuneSSJ » Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:54 pm

My guess for the 2 next characters is Roshi and SSJ3 Gotenks.

As for the other versions of Buu, if the Kaioshin World stage is anything to go by, kid Buu may be in.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:18 pm

If 17 can't even get his own character slot, I don't see Roshi being used. The roster definitely seems more DBZ focused and Roshi played no role in that series. Far more likely for Mr. Satan or Videl to get in if they want a human.

Olympian
Regular

Post by Olympian » Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:27 am

#17 isn`t likely in because he`s not unique enough to his twin sister. Mr Satan would only fill in for the Dan-esque spot, i.e a trick shot fighter who relies on traps to injure opponents (would work best as the assist for Buu actually).

Roshi has a cool moveset and a kickass finisher in both the Mufaba and the OG Kamehameha. If he isn`t in, despite all his recent inclusions, would be because they`be be weary for him to play too much like Tung from KOF, despite the later being a homage or copy or the Turtle master, whichever you prefer. If I had to pick more humans, I choose Ubb and Yajirobe. We have a grappler and a sword user but Trunks isn`t a honestly front weapon user so Yaji could play like a Samurai, ala SNK`s Samurai Showdown. Or scrap Yajirobe and give Yamcha sword moves by adding Puar as an assist.

Ubb will always be my top choice for "alternative Buu" in the game.

I know, I know, more antagonists. Super is load with them. Hit, Jiren, Zamatsu, Beerus. Use them.
Ki Breaker wrote:

Yamcha + Roshi = Yamoshi

Coincidence? I think not

Asura
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Asura » Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:31 am

How likely is it for Ultimate Gohan to get in to this game?

What about Beerus?

nato25
Advanced Regular

Post by nato25 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:14 am

I would say Beerus is a shoe in. It's really hard to say on Ultimate Gohan. I feel like we have the most iconic Gohan and they will leave it at that but we also have ssb goku and vegeta so who knows.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:06 am

Asura wrote:How likely is it for Ultimate Gohan to get in to this game?

What about Beerus?
Both are very likely to be in the game.

Olympian
Regular

Post by Olympian » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:36 am

No way to know about UltGohan when you already have a Gohan in the game but Beerus is a shoe in for me.
Ki Breaker wrote:

Yamcha + Roshi = Yamoshi

Coincidence? I think not

KayDash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KayDash » Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:24 pm

Olympian wrote:#17 isn`t likely in because he`s not unique enough to his twin sister.
This, and also the fact that they mostly fought as a team both in the Trunks special and the Android Saga episodes, and this is the incarnation of them that ArcSys decided to recreate.
But if they ever add #17 (alone, or with #18), they can always use his Ki Ai and his below the ground attack (the one that he used against Piccolo) to make him different. Super also gave him an offensive variation of the android barrier, and a close range giant ki blast.

cringey

Post by cringey » Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:13 pm

Olympian wrote:No way to know about UltGohan when you already have a Gohan in the game but Beerus is a shoe in for me.
Another Gohan will be in, more likely that would be Ultimate. There is a reason why the current Gohan is called youth.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:36 pm

nato25 wrote:I would say Beerus is a shoe in. It's really hard to say on Ultimate Gohan. I feel like we have the most iconic Gohan and they will leave it at that but we also have ssb goku and vegeta so who knows.
You're kidding, right? No way is Ultimate Gohan not going to be in the game. There's no way SSJ2 Gohan would be the only version of him. Adult Gohan also represents both the Buu arc and Super.

nato25
Advanced Regular

Post by nato25 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:58 pm

I was just saying for a fighting game with this much depth and variation in roster I really feel they are going to try and limit characters to just one variation. Of course, this thinking has been kind of broken with SSB but those would be the exception in my mind at the moment because of how popular that form is in Super.

TrunksTrevelyan0064
Patreon Supporter

Post by TrunksTrevelyan0064 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:07 pm

Unfortunately, the more gameplay footage I see, the less likely it seems to me that someone like Muten Roshi will be playable. There are parts in the fights where characters do flying manoeuvres, and Roshi can't really do that. Unless they find a way around that, of course (fancy jumps / that rotating Gamera thing / they give him bukujutsu just for the hell of it / who knows).

Characters that I do consider likely:
- an evil version of Boo, either the tall one or the small one.
- a grown-up version of Gohan; the story seems to take place around Super era. (No idea how kid Gohan will feature into the story, if at all. Time travel shenanigans?)
- Beerus; he's been in Dragon Ball games ever since his introduction, and has become a major, popular part of the main cast. I don't see why they'd leave him out this time.
- Gotenks; lots of unique moves, another short fighter, and if Goten and Trunks are involved in the story at all this'd be the best way.
- Hit and/or Goku Black; depends on how much Super content they're adding, but if they do go down that route, these guys seem like the most likely inclusions.
Usually goes by "Kevtrev" elsewhere online.
Draws comics that may or may not have been inspired by Akira Toriyama's amazing manga-making skills.

Asura
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Asura » Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:37 pm

cringey wrote:
Olympian wrote:No way to know about UltGohan when you already have a Gohan in the game but Beerus is a shoe in for me.
Another Gohan will be in, more likely that would be Ultimate. There is a reason why the current Gohan is called youth.
Where is he called Youth?

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:56 pm

I still think a kid Trunks/Goten tag team like 17/18 would be likely. I doubt 17 and 18 are the only tag team characters, and Trunks/Goten would be perfect for this rather than spending two character slots on them.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:18 pm

precita wrote:I still think a kid Trunks/Goten tag team like 17/18 would be likely. I doubt 17 and 18 are the only tag team characters, and Trunks/Goten would be perfect for this rather than spending two character slots on them.
We'll probably just get Gotenks.

cringey

Post by cringey » Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:37 am

Asura wrote:Where is he called Youth?

Here. http://dba.bn-ent.net/character/

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:50 am

Asura wrote:
cringey wrote:
Where is he called Youth?
The website's URLs calls the Gohan there gohan-y and the Boo there majinboo-z, meaning Gohan Young/Youth and Boo Zen. The only other characters that have a modifier were Goku and Vegeta (goku-ss and vegeta-ss) who very much did get second forms.
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:55 am

Nappa and Ginyu are this month's characters... really feels like wasted space.

cringey

Post by cringey » Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:04 am

Super fans on suicide watch.
ArchedThunder wrote:Nappa and Ginyu are this month's characters... really feels like wasted space.
Why?