"Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" (PS4/XBO/PC, 2018, Arc System Works) Official Discussion Thread

Post by Noah » Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:42 pm

precita wrote:It'll be a real shame if most characters don't have proper color variants. Give Ultimate Gohan a Super Saiyan variant, make Piccolo darker shades of green like other Nameks, change Goku's gi to blue, etc.
I agree about giving variants according to characters outfits, but I don't think they would do that with their hair color since it's a substantial aspect from this series
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

precita
Banned

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" (PS4/XBO/PC, 2018, Arc System Works) Official Discussion Thread

Post by precita » Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:31 pm

Well adult Gohan has gone Super Saiyan plenty of times so it's not a big deal. He should definitely have a Super Saiyan variant.

Hell if it were up to me base Goku and Vegeta would just be variants to their Super Saiyan forms rather than being separate characters like the rumors suggest.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:48 pm

I don't think it would be nice their Super Saiyans forms to be reduced to a skin change.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Weejus
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Weejus » Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:17 pm

What's up, guys, just got my custom stick art made in anticipation of my go to character being confirmed fo--...never mind.

Black and Beerus are cool additions, at least if Black is in Rosé form (though part of me is inevitably let down that we have at least three Gokus now). Disappointed that Hit was included. I almost said I'd rather have Jiren than Hit, but then I realised I'm equally apathetic towards both characters. Honestly, Beerus is the only character of the three that I feel genuinely deserves a place in the roster. He's an important enough establishment within Dragon Ball canon to be in a 'limited roster' (in DB terms, i.e. in comparison to the OTT rosters of BT3, RB2 etc) fighting game.

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:53 pm

Noah wrote:
Supersaiyanbulla wrote:Wasn't there something about UI vegeta?
We don't even have a confirmation that UI Goku will be there, it doesn't make any sense to have UI Vegeta when he didn't even made his debut in the series yet.

Is UI Vegeta even a legit thing or just an assumption?
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

Simere
Advanced Regular

Post by Simere » Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:57 pm

The S wrote:
Noah wrote:
Supersaiyanbulla wrote:Wasn't there something about UI vegeta?
We don't even have a confirmation that UI Goku will be there, it doesn't make any sense to have UI Vegeta when he didn't even made his debut in the series yet.

Is UI Vegeta even a legit thing or just an assumption?
An assumption/hope.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:45 pm

The gr wrote:
Dbzfan94 wrote:
Chuquita wrote:I'm happy Rosé, Hit, and Beerus are the three from Super they chose. I think they'll be fun to play; can't wait to see their color variants.
i think it would be cool to give Rose a blond haired variant (basically SS1) giving a slight nod to the manga.
Wait a minute,color variant only affects the wardrobe not the hair and honestly the super manga will never be referenced in games.
    Hit,Black and Beerus totally deserved their spot in the roster so i will be extremely happy if i see the game play trailer of those three.
    I know it wouldn’t happen I just thought it would be cool if it did

budokaifanatic007
    Regular

Post by budokaifanatic007 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:56 pm

Sooooo the V-Jump is officially releasing on the 16th so we might see leaks in the next 48 hours :thumbup:
    Bring Back Budokai:https://www.change.org/en-CA/petitions/ ... it-2#intro
    Tyestor wrote:How many dicks do I have to suck to get Dimps to make another 3D Budokai-esque game again? My patience is seriously starting to wear thin with these new DB games.

Super Saiyan Turlast x4
    I Live Here

Post by Super Saiyan Turlast x4 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:14 am

https://twitter.com/ErrenVanDuine/statu ... 0202193920

Also:
    Hit uses his time-stop abilities in battle
    Black can call upon Zamasu for assist moves
    Beerus' super attack is Destroyer God's Judgement (I'm not sure if this is Hakai)
    Hit's meteor attack is "I'll continue to grow", where he stops time & attacks
    Black's meteor attack is "Work of the Gods", where his hand turns into a blade
    From here: http://ryokutya2089.com/archives/6105
    "First I whip it out! Then I thrust it! With great force! Every angle...! It penetrates! Until...! With great strength...! I... ram it in! In the end... We are all satisfied... And you are set free...!" ~Dante~

precita
    Banned

Post by precita » Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:37 am

Well no surprise about these 3 being confirmed, we all knew it. Nice that Zamasu is an assist for Black though.

My guess is Merged Zamasu will be DLC, because well, he's basically Zamasu and people want to play as him. If this is it for the base roster I'm really surprised Vegetto didn't make it, or old DBZ characters like Radditz or Roshi or Dabura or whatever.

sintzu
    Banned

Post by sintzu » Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:51 am

precita wrote:Well no surprise about these 3 being confirmed, we all knew it. Nice that Zamasu is an assist for Black though.

My guess is Merged Zamasu will be DLC, because well, he's basically Zamasu and people want to play as him. If this is it for the base roster I'm really surprised Vegetto didn't make it, or old DBZ characters like Radditz or Roshi or Dabura or whatever.
    Vegetto will most likely be dlc or a surprise in the base game.
    July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Kataphrut
    I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kataphrut » Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:13 am

So this would bring us up to 23, with Android 21 as the "secret character" to even out at 24, right?

If so, that would mean no Broly at launch. That's actually kind of interesting.

MisteryOne
    OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MisteryOne » Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:54 am

Damn, so Mirai Zamasu didn't make the cut as his own character. I suppose it was to be expected since he was really lame in the anime and the whole inmortality thing can be hard to use in this game... I guess we still can have Merged? Through I don't see his attacks working too well either.

Anyway, with Black this game is already a must have for me. Surprised Nappa is in the roster and Raditz isn't, and I will miss Roshi. But I should stop complaining already, lol. Can't wait until January!

Regarding Beerus, I doubt his super attack is Hakai. It's just too broken to work.

I don't understand why people keep talking about Vegito. In the base roster, the most probable fusion was Gotenks, and we already got him. Also, do we even know if 21 will be playable?
    English is not my first language. Please excuse my gramatical mistakes.

Super Saiyan Turlast x4
    I Live Here

Post by Super Saiyan Turlast x4 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:19 am

I think Broly makes more sense as DLC. He would be quite the draw.
    "First I whip it out! Then I thrust it! With great force! Every angle...! It penetrates! Until...! With great strength...! I... ram it in! In the end... We are all satisfied... And you are set free...!" ~Dante~

precita
    Banned

Post by precita » Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:42 am

Vegetto was always a popular character/choice and likely for a base roster. And Radditz not being there when Nappa is just feels odd, it's like peanut butter without jelly.

Interesting also that we have no movie characters. I guess making people pay for the inevitable Cooler, Broly, Bardock, etc. is likely. I would have liked Roshi too but he didn't become a major character again till the TOP so it was probably too late to include him.

Kataphrut

Post by Kataphrut » Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:24 am

There's ya boyz...
    [spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Dragon Ball Gus
    Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:36 am

Yo! He's got the scythe!! :o
    Caulifla best girl! :)

MisteryOne
    OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MisteryOne » Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:49 am

precita wrote:*Vegetto was always a popular character/choice and likely for a base roster*. And Radditz not being there when Nappa is just feels odd, it's like peanut butter without jelly.

Interesting also that we have no movie characters. I guess making people pay for the inevitable Cooler, Broly, Bardock, etc. is likely. I would have liked Roshi too but he didn't become a major character again till the TOP so it was probably too late to include him.
    No, he never was. You just need to look at the other games which are similar to this one, like the Supersonoc Warriors or Extreme Butoden. He was never likely. If anything, his Blue form because of fanservice and being ""new"", but even in that case he'll probably be DLC.

MisteryOne
    OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MisteryOne » Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:52 am

Kataphrut wrote:There's ya boyz...
    [spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
    I love how Zamasu is holding Trunks. Would be cool if they also had and attack similar to when Black stabbed Goku as well.

Also, the scythe!

Kataphrut

Post by Kataphrut » Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:57 am

It looks like the scythe actually summons clones! I would've been happy with it just being a big strike, but this is crazy.

So Black gets the full page spread, but Beerus and Hit get half. Also, the orbs around Beerus give me the impression he's going to be a zoner. That's good, the game could do with more of those. Isn't it pretty much just Freeza at the moment?