"Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Post by goku the krump dancer » Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:13 am

Speaking of odd lines, I cant be the only one thats floored that Vegetto has line suggesting that Trunks NOW could've given his Z Era self a tough fight... WHAT?! :thumbdown: :?
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:14 pm

I was hoping that one of Fused Zamasu's dramatic finishes would be him turning into the Universe and destroying Trunks/Vegito. I am a little disappointed. Do only the 'good' characters have dramatic finishes in this game?

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:31 pm

Played a bit with the new characters, Vegetto is so damn cool! This game has a serious problem and it's having far too many characters I want to play. Zamasu is interesting, however he doesn't fit for me right now. Pretty well done thou.
SupremeKai25 wrote:I was hoping that one of Fused Zamasu's dramatic finishes would be him turning into the Universe and destroying Trunks/Vegito. I am a little disappointed. Do only the 'good' characters have dramatic finishes in this game?
Freeza's got one where he kills Bardock, Nappa where the Saibamen kill Yamcha and Beerus sparing Goku. I think that's all of the antagonist ones.

majinwarman
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by majinwarman » Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:11 pm

Can everyone give a rating of the new characters that came out?
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Logania
Regular

Post by Logania » Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:45 pm

majinwarman wrote:Can everyone give a rating of the new characters that came out?
They're without a doubt my favorite characters in this game next to 21, with Vegito now being my favorite character in this.

Vegito has a counter, safe "projectile" that can be placed close or far and is very hard to predict or react to, 3 anti-air options, an anti anti-air move, a ground super than can be used twice when DHC'd into, airborne grab, can reverse beat his combos to go from medium to light, great assist that can hit in multiple directions being great for setting up a block string anywhere on the stage, ground/airborne level 3 beam ultimate, and has some of the flashiest moves in the game.

I can't really list everything Zamasu has, as that would be waaaaay too long to type. But he is essentially the most technical character in the game and has some of the fastest, most damaging combos of any character.

I'd strongly recommend them both but it kind of sucks too as I don't want to use anyone else aside from these 2 lol

Vegito - 10/10
Zamasu - 9/10 (so far, I'm sure when I fully learn Zamasu's tech and capabilities it'll be a 10 for me as well)
"I can't increase my ability through some kind of noisy transformation the way Frost and you Saiyans do. If I wanna become more lethal, I don't have the luxury of cutting corners, I just have to do it the old-fashioned way.

Combat is craft. What matters most is not raw power, but the skill by which you hone it."

TheShadowEmperor8055
Regular

Post by TheShadowEmperor8055 » Sat Jun 02, 2018 1:32 am

majinwarman wrote:Can everyone give a rating of the new characters that came out?
Vegetto is most certainly a 10/10. In fact I've bodied opponents with him so much I haven't even tried out Merged Zamasu yet... :lol:

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:07 am

Freeza's got one where he kills Bardock, Nappa where the Saibamen kill Yamcha and Beerus sparing Goku. I think that's all of the antagonist ones.
Nappa has one but not Fused Zamasu? What a shame.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:59 pm

I finally had the chance to properly try all the DLC characters. Thoughts:

Bardock - He's awesome and somehow even more OP than I thought. He's easy to use and almost all his attacks can be done in the air. You can even choose the direction of his lv1 Riot Javelin and also link with with his other LV1 Saiyan Spirit by just pressing one button. He's better than Adult Gohan. I'm actually surprised how fun he is, considering his boring moveset in the show. My only complaint is how his lv3 looks like SSJ Goku's lv3, as if he looking like Goku wasn't already enough...

Broly - Feels like an upgrade version of A16. I couldn't care less about Android 16, but Broly is cool to play. I also like Broly's character more than Android 16, so that also plays a role.

SSB Vegetto - I really like SSB Vegetto, but feels like you have to do a lot with him to take good damage, because how different he is. That's why I'm doubtful in putting him on my team. Anyway, I can't hate him. I will train a little more with him to see where it goes.

Merged Zamasu - One of the (if not the) most complex characters of the roster. I like his flight mechanic but overall he doesn't fit my style. Unlike SSB Vegetto, I can see top players using him though.

Overall, all of them are great on their own way and it's sad to see the streak of cool DLC characters end in the next patch, when we get another Goku and Vegeta.
I can't believe that's even a possibility. :roll:

Logania
Regular

Post by Logania » Sat Jun 02, 2018 5:45 pm

I've been spending like 2 hours just working on implementing Zamasu's flight with his 214 special. Got a few combos but I don't know how a lot of people on YouTube like "desk" can come up with Touch of Death combos on the first day lol
"I can't increase my ability through some kind of noisy transformation the way Frost and you Saiyans do. If I wanna become more lethal, I don't have the luxury of cutting corners, I just have to do it the old-fashioned way.

Combat is craft. What matters most is not raw power, but the skill by which you hone it."

Super Saiyan Turlast x4
I Live Here

Post by Super Saiyan Turlast x4 » Sun Jun 03, 2018 6:02 am

I'm glad Beerus can Hakai Merged Zamasu. That is awesome.
"First I whip it out! Then I thrust it! With great force! Every angle...! It penetrates! Until...! With great strength...! I... ram it in! In the end... We are all satisfied... And you are set free...!" ~Dante~

majinwarman

Post by majinwarman » Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:32 am

Logania wrote:
They're without a doubt my favorite characters in this game next to 21, with Vegito now being my favorite character in this.

Vegito has a counter, safe "projectile" that can be placed close or far and is very hard to predict or react to, 3 anti-air options, an anti anti-air move, a ground super than can be used twice when DHC'd into, airborne grab, can reverse beat his combos to go from medium to light, great assist that can hit in multiple directions being great for setting up a block string anywhere on the stage, ground/airborne level 3 beam ultimate, and has some of the flashiest moves in the game.

I can't really list everything Zamasu has, as that would be waaaaay too long to type. But he is essentially the most technical character in the game and has some of the fastest, most damaging combos of any character.

I'd strongly recommend them both but it kind of sucks too as I don't want to use anyone else aside from these 2 lol

Vegito - 10/10
Zamasu - 9/10 (so far, I'm sure when I fully learn Zamasu's tech and capabilities it'll be a 10 for me as well)
Nice!
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."

Logania
Regular

Post by Logania » Sun Jun 03, 2018 6:42 pm

Damn, there's something so good about landing Vegito's air lvl 1 super. The sheer force of the punch pushing the enemies face. That and it's a teleport, which has so many uses. Punching a Freeza mid "Nova Strike" has me all hyped up earlier in Ring matches.

Super Saiyan Turlast x4
I Live Here

Post by Super Saiyan Turlast x4 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:27 am

I wish I could enjoy Vegito, but I really don't like how he feels.

Zamasu, however, is hella dope.
"First I whip it out! Then I thrust it! With great force! Every angle...! It penetrates! Until...! With great strength...! I... ram it in! In the end... We are all satisfied... And you are set free...!" ~Dante~

Logania
Regular

Post by Logania » Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:18 pm

After playing BlazBlue Cross Tag, I really wished FighterZ handled character assists similar to it. Instead of just one assist per character, you have 3, which has three uses.

- Forward + Assist is a move that is used to mainly help your character get closer to the enemy.

- Backward + Assist is a move that is mainly used for defense so you can get some space and keep your enemy away.

- Neutral + Assist is a move that is mainly for keeping the combo extensions.

You don't have to pick one assist action per character like in Marvel vs Capcom, and you also don't get stuck with one assist action like in FighterZ. It's a really good way they went about it to have the best assist system for team fighting games I've seen in awhile.

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:13 pm

Can I spam Light of Justice as much as I want with Merged Zamasu?
Power levels are not just big numbers:

by Doctor.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:14 pm

Assuming the datamine is correct, I've been thinking about how they could make Base Goku different from the other Gokus, besides the obvious Genki Dama as his Level 3.

His kaioken could be a mix of what they did with Adult Gohan and Golden Freeza.
Just like Golden Freeza, he would get a temporary boost with Kaioken and only be able to use it once. And like Adult Gohan hidden potential, he would unlock new attacks while in that state.

Anyway If I was forced to choose another Goku, I would definitely go with Kid Goku.
He has nyoibo (they can still give it to Adult Goku because he used it in the first two DBZ Movies), janken and oozaru fist. His dragon rush would have kinto'un.

I would put Piccolo Daimao with him and make a DB pack. Piccolo Daimao would have Tambourine, Cymbal and Drum as assists.

Dramatic Finish would be Kid Goku killing him with his oozaru fist.
Logania wrote: You don't have to pick one assist action per character like in Marvel vs Capcom, and you also don't get stuck with one assist action like in FighterZ. It's a really good way they went about it to have the best assist system for team fighting games I've seen in awhile.
Didn't know about that and that's definitely better than what we have.
I feel like the first game of a series is always harder to do because you start everything from the scratch. Hopefully they improve that in a sequel, because I'm not seeing this game not having one.

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:45 am

FortuneSSJ wrote:Assuming the datamine is correct, I've been thinking about how they could make Base Goku different from the other Gokus, besides the obvious Genki Dama as his Level 3.

Who do you think they'll announce next? #17 and Cooler or the Base forms? My money's on the base forms.

Anyways, A roster I personally would like happening but I wonder if y'all would too:

Base Roster (confirmed)
Goku (Super Saiyan)
Goku (SSGSS)
Gohan (Teen)
Gohan (Adult)
Vegeta (Super Saiyan)
Vegeta (SSGSS)
Trunks
Piccolo
Krillin
Yamcha
Tien
Gotenks
Nappa
Captain Ginyu
Frieza
Cell
Majin Buu
Kid Buu
Beerus
Hit
Goku Black

DLC (Season 1)
(datamined)
Goku (Normal)
Bardock (confirmed)
Vegito (SSGSS) (confirmed)
Vegeta (Scouter / Evil)
Zamasu (Fused) (confirmed)
Cooler
Broly (confirmed)

DLC (Season 2)
Master Roshi
Chi-Chi / Mr. Satan
Videl
Gogeta (Super Saiyan / Super Saiyan 4)
Dabura / Omega Shenron
Caulifla / Kefla
Jiren
Janemba

Note: The "/" symbol indicates one or the other could happen. It can ranged from something cosmetic like Gogeta either being Super Saiyan or Super Saiyan 4, to a different character altogether being chosen like Dabura or Omega Shenron.

Here's also some moveset concepts I did during the times:

https://dhochoyblog.wordpress.com/2018/ ... -fighterz/
https://dhochoyblog.wordpress.com/2017/ ... -fighterz/
https://dhochoyblog.wordpress.com/2018/ ... e-version/
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:07 am

In a way I would love to see Jiren and UI Goku in this, but knowing that they're meant to be OP in every way, I think it's best to leave them out. I can't really imagine how a competitive game would work with UI Goku's abilities of evading everything and extremely fast attacks. Use evade instead of block? That's not right.. How would you level his abilities? :think:

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:13 am

DBZAOTA482 wrote:
FortuneSSJ wrote:Assuming the datamine is correct, I've been thinking about how they could make Base Goku different from the other Gokus, besides the obvious Genki Dama as his Level 3.

Who do you think they'll announce next? #17 and Cooler or the Base forms? My money's on the base forms.

Anyways, A roster I personally would like happening but I wonder if y'all would too:

Base Roster (confirmed)
Goku (Super Saiyan)
Goku (SSGSS)
Gohan (Teen)
Gohan (Adult)
Vegeta (Super Saiyan)
Vegeta (SSGSS)
Trunks
Piccolo
Krillin
Yamcha
Tien
Gotenks
Nappa
Captain Ginyu
Frieza
Cell
Majin Buu
Kid Buu
Beerus
Hit
Goku Black

DLC (Season 1)
(datamined)
Goku (Normal)
Bardock (confirmed)
Vegito (SSGSS) (confirmed)
Vegeta (Scouter / Evil)
Zamasu (Fused) (confirmed)
Cooler
Broly (confirmed)

DLC (Season 2)
Master Roshi
Chi-Chi / Mr. Satan
Videl
Gogeta (Super Saiyan / Super Saiyan 4)
Dabura / Omega Shenron
Caulifla / Kefla
Jiren
Janemba

Note: The "/" symbol indicates one or the other could happen. It can ranged from something cosmetic like Gogeta either being Super Saiyan or Super Saiyan 4, to a different character altogether being chosen like Dabura or Omega Shenron.

Here's also some moveset concepts I did during the times:

https://dhochoyblog.wordpress.com/2018/ ... e-version/

The problem is Gogeta has a big personality shift as a SS4, and clowns around like Vegito, like they are two different people, changing him cosmetically either way would be jarring.

Id rather have Raditz over Videl/Satan/Roshi, but I love all the others.

I'd also like Bojack, but it would be hard to differentiate him from Brolys bulky form unless he is an assist happy fighter who summons his team to help him fight with dirty tactics to set up him bodying them.

In fact, I'd like to think he could work like a mix of Gargos and Abigail, with minions and a striker/grapple hybrid with teleports.

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:16 am

mute_proxy wrote:In a way I would love to see Jiren and UI Goku in this, but knowing that they're meant to be OP in every way, I think it's best to leave them out. I can't really imagine how a competitive game would work with UI Goku's abilities of evading everything and extremely fast attacks. Use evade instead of block? That's not right.. How would you level his abilities? :think:
Ultra instinct modes are a huge strain on the body, I'm sure they can balance it by them having the least health by a larger margin, but accelling at different things from each other? Say have Jiren be all about that ki blast power and nuking the level, while Goku is fast as balls with hard hitting melee?

Or even, have them struggle to charge ki like normal, or theire specials cost Meter and health due to the strain?