"Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

mahakaishin1991
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:24 am

emperior wrote:I just hope they will be including characters from the Tournament of Power and the upcoming movie for the second year of DLCs. I wouldn’t want them to “save” those characters for a hypothetical FighterZ 2 which would most likely be released at the very earliest in 2020.
Well most likely get them next season if the game continues at this pace, given the release schedule for a season 2 would put the movie release would tie into the end of the year and ready for a new season early next year

majinwarman

Post by majinwarman » Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:13 pm

mahakaishin1991 wrote:
emperior wrote:I just hope they will be including characters from the Tournament of Power and the upcoming movie for the second year of DLCs. I wouldn’t want them to “save” those characters for a hypothetical FighterZ 2 which would most likely be released at the very earliest in 2020.
Well most likely get them next season if the game continues at this pace, given the release schedule for a season 2 would put the movie release would tie into the end of the year and ready for a new season early next year
I think that is very probably considering how well this game is receiving support from Bandi and Arc Systems.
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:50 pm

majinwarman wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:
I think that is very probably considering how well this game is receiving support from Bandi and Arc Systems.
at this rate I think season 2 would be TOP major fighters (kefla, hakaishin toppo, jiren etc) and the new movie characters

dario03
Advanced Regular

Post by dario03 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:46 pm

Anybody watch the Summit of Power? Some pretty good matches there.

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:23 am

Sure did, one of the best tournaments I ever saw. Good matches, amazing commentary and great atmosphere. It also presented a lot of players leveling up, which is great for the upcoming World Tour. I loved the Sonic Fox vs GO1 rivalry but getting the same two players winning all the tournaments was getting old.

Hoping for some balance changes. Cell...

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:52 am

mahakaishin1991 wrote:
majinwarman wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:
at this rate I think season 2 would be TOP major fighters (kefla, hakaishin toppo, jiren etc) and the new movie characters
I doubt we'll see any of the new movie characters in season 2.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

majinwarman

Post by majinwarman » Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:09 pm

DBZAOTA482 wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:
majinwarman wrote: I think that is very probably considering how well this game is receiving support from Bandi and Arc Systems.
It depends if they give them time to make it like Xenoverse 2 made MUI before he came out in the anime.
Majinwarman

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:18 pm

Switch version confirmed!
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:03 pm

So excited for Fighterz on Switch! My waiting paid off! I didn't see a release date outside of the vague "this year", but that's fine.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:07 pm

majinwarman wrote:
DBZAOTA482 wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:
It depends if they give them time to make it like Xenoverse 2 made MUI before he came out in the anime.
Xenoverse isn't really a good barometer of who'll be in this game.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

majinwarman

Post by majinwarman » Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:51 pm

DBZAOTA482 wrote:
majinwarman wrote:
DBZAOTA482 wrote: I doubt we'll see any of the new movie characters in season 2.
Xenoverse isn't really a good barometer of who'll be in this game.
I guess that you're right.
Majinwarman

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:47 pm

Cold Skin wrote:The problem with Raditz is that he's forgettable, perfectly unlikable both physically and mentally.
He's just a one-note bastard who forgot to have any charm unlike all other villains in the whole story (even Nappa, Kiwi or Saibaimen actually bring something on the physical and/or mental aspects).
You're right and that's impressive considering he's blood related to the main protagonist. Fans might feel bad about it, but Raditz poor treatment was pure Toriyama choice.
Power levels are not just big numbers:

by Doctor.

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:41 am

jeffbr92 wrote:
Cold Skin wrote:The problem with Raditz is that he's forgettable, perfectly unlikable both physically and mentally.
He's just a one-note bastard who forgot to have any charm unlike all other villains in the whole story (even Nappa, Kiwi or Saibaimen actually bring something on the physical and/or mental aspects).
You're right and that's impressive considering he's blood related to the main protagonist. Fans might feel bad about it, but Raditz poor treatment was pure Toriyama choice.
Poor radtiz treatment was obviously not on anyone but him. Doesn't mean I found him perfectly unlikeable or that everyone else is hating the character like Cold Skin.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:54 am

If you're interested in having a larger conversation about Raditz and his "treatment"(?) by the author, you're more than welcome to do so in a separate thread in an appropriate location of the forum. Please keep all contributions here strictly about the video game Dragon Ball FighterZ. Thank you!
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:26 pm

dario03 wrote:Anybody watch the Summit of Power? Some pretty good matches there.
Yeah and I loved it!!
They did a fantastic job. Everything was top tier.

I was thinking it would be just another tournament where we would only see them fighting against each other, but it was much more than that. Sometimes it even looked like a reality show.
But yeah, just another tournament that proves Cell should be nerfed...It's ridiculous at this point.

Some players already admitted they don't even like Cell, but if they want to win they need him on this team. Something is wrong with the game balance when you're "forced" to play with characters you don't like, because the gap between them and the others is clear.

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:38 am

FortuneSSJ wrote:Some players already admitted they don't even like Cell, but if they want to win they need him on this team. Something is wrong with the game balance when you're "forced" to play with characters you don't like, because the gap between them and the others is clear.
That's just how fighting games go.. especially in tournaments.. A Character you might not be particularly fond off is hella good to use, so if you want to "Win" money unless you're an extreme character loyalist you'd pick said character. It's the same thing with Tekken 7. Now a days you can almost guarantee that there's gonna be at least 3 Jack players in top eight or top 16 especially in American tournaments. Thankfully though Tekken is a game thats so fairly balanced that at the end of the day its about how good your fundamentals are and not necessarily if Character A has more reach or punching power than Character B, so any character can be "good enough" to win an entire tournament.

The thing with Cell is that if they Nerf him (which they shouldn't) it would probably kill the character and we probably wont see him at all. The way his combos are set up, changing any properties would most likely ruin him. If they change anything they should probably buff some of the weaker characters though at the same time, if every character is super good then that changes the overall game and the 3v3 aspect might as well be an after thought. That was one of the primary issues with Tekken Tag 2, every character was more or less on the same playing field despite having your few "Top Tier" ones. So with every character being so unique it was extremely hard for new comers to get into the series win you had to put work to not only get good with Xiaoyu but Bryan as well and the nhad to make sure you new how to chain their combos together.

Constantly Buffing and Nerfing characters is the reason why Neatherealms games don't last as long excluding the 2 year cycle thing, constantly changing the game ruins the meta and it forces serious players to constantly start from scratch when they shouldn't have to 15 months into the games life. Unless you're Street Fighter, which is a totatly different beast that i'm not well versed in.

Remember.. Fighterz is only about 6 months old.
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

dario03
Advanced Regular

Post by dario03 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:02 pm

goku the krump dancer wrote:
FortuneSSJ wrote:Some players already admitted they don't even like Cell, but if they want to win they need him on this team. Something is wrong with the game balance when you're "forced" to play with characters you don't like, because the gap between them and the others is clear.
That's just how fighting games go.. especially in tournaments.. A Character you might not be particularly fond off is hella good to use, so if you want to "Win" money unless you're an extreme character loyalist you'd pick said character. It's the same thing with Tekken 7. Now a days you can almost guarantee that there's gonna be at least 3 Jack players in top eight or top 16 especially in American tournaments. Thankfully though Tekken is a game thats so fairly balanced that at the end of the day its about how good your fundamentals are and not necessarily if Character A has more reach or punching power than Character B, so any character can be "good enough" to win an entire tournament.

The thing with Cell is that if they Nerf him (which they shouldn't) it would probably kill the character and we probably wont see him at all. The way his combos are set up, changing any properties would most likely ruin him. If they change anything they should probably buff some of the weaker characters though at the same time, if every character is super good then that changes the overall game and the 3v3 aspect might as well be an after thought. That was one of the primary issues with Tekken Tag 2, every character was more or less on the same playing field despite having your few "Top Tier" ones. So with every character being so unique it was extremely hard for new comers to get into the series win you had to put work to not only get good with Xiaoyu but Bryan as well and the nhad to make sure you new how to chain their combos together.

Constantly Buffing and Nerfing characters is the reason why Neatherealms games don't last as long excluding the 2 year cycle thing, constantly changing the game ruins the meta and it forces serious players to constantly start from scratch when they shouldn't have to 15 months into the games life. Unless you're Street Fighter, which is a totatly different beast that i'm not well versed in.

Remember.. Fighterz is only about 6 months old.
They can easily nerf him without breaking him though. Simply lower his damage or get away from the everybody has the same health thing and lower his health. They probably could even nerf some of his moves properties without breaking him too. Like theres a couple of things that work against most characters but not some and IIRC Cell is in that some group more than anybody. I'll have to see if I can find the info but it was things like dash back after blocking a vanish is safe against most but not Cell, something about reflect not working against some of the combos or at least not working well, and his perfect attack being a counter to something and only 3 other characters can also do it. But like I said just nerfing his damage and/or health would be fine, maybe nerf his meter building.

Son Edo
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Son Edo » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:39 am

Looking forward to playing this on my Switch.

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:27 pm

Oh man, V-Jump is gonna leak tomorrow, so if the datamine, is true then next stop... *sigh* Base Goku and Vegeta. (Man, why does this have to be DLC)
Caulifla best girl! :)

YonedgeHP
Regular

Post by YonedgeHP » Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:49 pm

Dragon Ball Gus wrote:Oh man, V-Jump is gonna leak tomorrow, so if the datamine, is true then next stop... *sigh* Base Goku and Vegeta. (Man, why does this have to be DLC)
The next DLC is going to be Coola and No. 17, Saiyan Arc Goku and Vegeta are for the last batch of DLC.
Between you and the Namekian I think I've lost my touch at genocide. -PSN Xenoverse 2 account: Yonedge-HP. Freeza's race Ki blast avatar: Yonedge.
Filler and canon discussions are "meh" :oops:

English is not my first language!