"Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Dbzfan94 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:32 pm

DBZAOTA482 wrote:What this game's DLC could is one "WTF" character. My top candidates are Kid Goku and Chi-Chi.

Leaning towards the latter. Would make up for the shit modern Dragon Ball gave her. Feel me?
i would love Teen/Adult Chi-Chi to be in a game again.

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:37 pm

With the opening of the Kame-House and the upcoming "big update", it's painfully obvious how this game was rushed out the door. Might also be why the online is bad and taking so long to fix(based on various complains, personally didn't have many problems). Why not postpone it for a couple of months? This together with announcing the DLC before the game was even released is bad ethic.

I'm disappointed with this aspect; at least the game is great and personally will be worth every penny I spent on it.

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:42 pm

Is anyone thinking that one of the next DLC's could be a GT addtion (SSJ4 Goku, Vegeta, Vegeta Baby, Super Yi Xing Long, Super 17, SSJ4 Gogeta, maybe Pan, Shrunk Goku)?

I think FighterZ after the whole Broly, Cooler, Bardock stuff at least needs a few more characters like SSJ4 Gogeta, Omega, SSJ4 Goku, Vegetto Blue, Alternate Zamasu, Gattai Zamasu, LLSJ2 Kafla, ...
Last edited by Cetra on Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:45 pm

Cetra wrote:Is anyone thinking that one of the next DLC's could be a GT addtion (SSJ4 Goku, Vegeta, Vegeta Baby, Super Yi Xing Long, Super 17, SSJ4 Gogeta, maybe Pan Shrunk Goku)?
Very unlikely. I think it will be either more movie characters or Super characters.
Power levels are not just big numbers:

by Doctor.

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:47 pm

jeffbr92 wrote:
Cetra wrote:Is anyone thinking that one of the next DLC's could be a GT addtion (SSJ4 Goku, Vegeta, Vegeta Baby, Super Yi Xing Long, Super 17, SSJ4 Gogeta, maybe Pan Shrunk Goku)?
Very unlikely. I think it will be either more movie characters or Super characters.
Did Xenoverse not also add GT characters? They are very popular for videogames.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:52 pm

Cetra wrote:Did Xenoverse not also add GT characters? They are very popular for videogames.
Not denying that, but unlike Xenoverse, FighterZ has no hints they will include GT characters any sooner, but instead more from movies and Super.
Power levels are not just big numbers:

by Doctor.

ShadowBardock89
Advanced Regular

Post by ShadowBardock89 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:43 am

Cetra wrote:Is anyone thinking that one of the next DLC's could be a GT addtion (SSJ4 Goku, Vegeta, Vegeta Baby, Super Yi Xing Long, Super 17, SSJ4 Gogeta, maybe Pan, Shrunk Goku)?

I think FighterZ after the whole Broly, Cooler, Bardock stuff at least needs a few more characters like SSJ4 Gogeta, Omega, SSJ4 Goku, Vegetto Blue, Alternate Zamasu, Gattai Zamasu, LLSJ2 Kafla, ...
No GT characters are to be expected at this point. If the sales of the game continue to grow, MAYBE they will be in Season 2 or 3.
Expect Saiyan Saga Vegeta (model is already in the game's code), Saiyan Saga Goku (model is already in the game's code), Vegito (not sure if SS or SSB, though), Merged/Fused Zamasu, and Android 17 to round out Season 1 DLC.
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=40715&start=20#p1439892
http://dba.bn-ent.net/character/barduck.html
https://i.imgur.com/86hOk5i.gif

mahakaishin1991
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:43 am

Cetra wrote:
jeffbr92 wrote:
Did Xenoverse not also add GT characters? They are very popular for videogames.
Xenoverse 1 didn't have a great deal of Super content to draw from tbf so GT was the obvious expansion choice

Kataphrut

Post by Kataphrut » Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:36 am

I'm not sure when, if ever we'll get GT characters (that seems like a FighterZ 2 thing, like what Xenoverse did with the movies) but if I had to pick one, I'd actually want Baby Vegeta just to even out the number of Gokus and Vegetas by providing a counterpart to Goku Black.

In all seriousness, Super Saiyan 4s are the obvious choice for the "GT Pack", but I don't know if I can stand another Goku/Vegeta variant. I'm sure they could make it unique if they really tried, but I'd rather just forget about it.

If I had to pick one more, it would be Kid Goku, since he's physically distinct from the other versions, has a lot of unique stuff like the Power Pole and provides some much needed original Dragon Ball representation. Second choice (and much lower down the overall wanted list) after that is Ultra Instinct, mainly because I want to see how they make that work as a character. Metreless vanish? Counter specials? 8-way aerial movement? Lots of possibilities.

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:14 am

How about shrunk Goku who turns SSJ4 with a 10x Kamehameha for one move and the Universal Genkidama as final attack?
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

NintendoBlaze53
Regular

Post by NintendoBlaze53 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:47 am

Since we don't yet know whether we're getting Super or Blue Vegetto, which would people prefer? For me Super with Blue as the Level 3 for Final Kamehameha. FighterZ is all about iconic parts of the franchise and Super Vegetto is more iconic then Blue, it's the same reason they used Z Trunks as opposed to Super Trunks. My only worry is because Merged Zamasu is rumoured, Blue may be more likely to accompany him. But I'm pulling for Super Saiyan.
"You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that's where you'll find the things more important than what you want." -Ging Freecss

If you care about opinionated/critical analysis and reviews of anime, manga and gaming products, feel free to check out my website. https://otakustance.wordpress.com/

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:02 am

I would rather be interested how Gattai Zamasu will be included.

I guess I would do something like:

First Special: Holy Wrath
Second Special: Energy Angel -> Lightning of Absolution that hits both him and the opponent -> Zamasu becomes corrupted, he loses speed but gets strength
Ultimate: Zamasu vanishes, becomes Univerzalmasu, you hear mad laughing and all those faces shoot their red-black beams; then he turns back into normal or corrupted
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:15 pm

Cetra wrote:I would rather be interested how Gattai Zamasu will be included.

Second Special: Energy Angel -> Lightning of Absolution that hits both him and the opponent -> Zamasu becomes corrupted, he loses speed but gets strength
Ultimate: Zamasu vanishes, becomes Univerzalmasu, you hear mad laughing and all those faces shoot their red-black beams; then he turns back into normal or corrupted
I think an alternative ultimate could be he big energy bird since transforming back and forth from his bodiless form would be a bit odd considering how the series presented it

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:21 pm

mahakaishin1991 wrote: I think an alternative ultimate could be he big energy bird since transforming back and forth from his bodiless form would be a bit odd considering how the series presented it
Who cares about that? Its a video game. Besides who knows what this guy could actually have done if he would not have been annihilated. So more for this fictional character to use because of thatt.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:41 pm

SSj4 Gogeta and Super Yi Xing Long seem like the right choices for GT characters to be DLC. They can do SSj4 Gogeta's Big Bang Kamehameha as a Dramatic Finish at West City (Destroyed).
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

KayDash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KayDash » Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:54 pm

LightBing wrote:With the opening of the Kame-House and the upcoming "big update", it's painfully obvious how this game was rushed out the door. Might also be why the online is bad and taking so long to fix(based on various complains, personally didn't have many problems). Why not postpone it for a couple of months? This together with announcing the DLC before the game was even released is bad ethic.
Dude, no! It's absolutely natural in every game's development that they cut content, and it's never 100% possible to measure every challenge in advance when it comes to development. I think FighterZ is a complete game as it was in release day, it's only a good thing that they still willing to provide new content for it. Unlike how it was back in the days, when devs never touched a released game again, and if it had problems, they problems stayed there forever. (unless gamers found a way to patch it through reverse-engineering)
To tell the whole truth, there were some games in development without the closing deadlines and other restrictions, and usually they didn't turned out to be good. I'm pretty sure you are aware of Duke Nukem Forever, it's 15 years long development, and the quality of the released game. Yeap...

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:20 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:SSj4 Gogeta and Super Yi Xing Long seem like the right choices for GT characters to be DLC. They can do SSj4 Gogeta's Big Bang Kamehameha as a Dramatic Finish at West City (Destroyed).
Seems more like Omega should do that to GT Goku with the Minus Energy Ball.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

majinwarman

Post by majinwarman » Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:06 pm

DBZAOTA482 wrote:
majinwarman wrote:Does anyone think that we may see Ultra Instinct Goku and Jiren in FighterZ?
They are sequel bait.

BTW Kale shouldn't be a playable character. At most she will be assist for Caulifla who is the main fighter.
I think that we will see them in future DLC.
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:54 pm

Cetra wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote: I think an alternative ultimate could be he big energy bird since transforming back and forth from his bodiless form would be a bit odd considering how the series presented it
Who cares about that? Its a video game. Besides who knows what this guy could actually have done if he would not have been annihilated. So more for this fictional character to use because of thatt.
I'm just saying it would be odd him losing then regaining his body. I also think the bird is just generally a more impressive idea visually

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:10 pm

mahakaishin1991 wrote:
Cetra wrote:
I'm just saying it would be odd him losing then regaining his body. I also think the bird is just generally a more impressive idea visually
Cetra wrote:I would rather be interested how Gattai Zamasu will be included.

"Citation needed."
"too lazy