"Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Super Saiyan Turlast x4
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Super Saiyan Turlast x4 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:10 pm

I'd prefer an update to Arcade Mode over another story.

It just feels too barebones.
"First I whip it out! Then I thrust it! With great force! Every angle...! It penetrates! Until...! With great strength...! I... ram it in! In the end... We are all satisfied... And you are set free...!" ~Dante~

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:07 pm

For a 4th story mode chapter, I'm not sure how they will fit Black and Zamasu into it. #21 mostly likely does not exist in Future Trunks timeline and they can be wish back if they are erased by Zeno.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

ShadowBardock89
Advanced Regular

Post by ShadowBardock89 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:40 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:For a 4th story mode chapter, I'm not sure how they will fit Black and Zamasu into it. #21 mostly likely does not exist in Future Trunks timeline and they can be wish back if they are erased by Zeno.
That technique that Zamasu/Goku Black uses where he tears open a space-time dimensional portal and copies of himself come out could have possibilities for a What-If involving the characters not used in the main story (perhaps even the DLC characters).
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=40715&start=20#p1439892
http://dba.bn-ent.net/character/barduck.html
https://i.imgur.com/86hOk5i.gif

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:18 am

V-Jump comes out this week. I'm expecting them to announce the next DLC character, if not the next two.
If Base Goku/Vegeta really are the next ones, makes more sense to announce them together considering it's the third version of their characters in the game...
LightBing wrote:
FortuneSSJ wrote:Does anyone know what means when a player gets a star on their avatar during the party matches?
Example: Look at Hit avatar here - https://youtu.be/fpKcUllcRmg?t=51.

In this battle that player already started with that orange star, but sometimes one of the players gets it during the battle.
Pretty sure that's highlighting your own character. Don't know about other players getting it, maybe after your character is defeated it chooses who's playing?
I decided to do some new party matches today to clarify.

When you're the first one to go, you don't have any star and you only get it when you tag out.
When you aren't the first one to fight, you already have the star just like that previous video I linked.

I didn't noticed my avatar was the only one to always get the star though :lol:
It must be that, then. Thanks.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

90sDBZ
I Live Here

Post by 90sDBZ » Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:23 am

Is anyone else constantly disconnecting from the lobby lately? I've had this problem for the past 2 weeks. I took a break from the game for a few weeks to play Tekken 7 and now that I've come back to it I keep disconnecting from the lobby literally a few seconds after I start searching for a match.

It's getting really annoying because it happens about 90% of the time and I'm not exaggerating. I've had days where I've tried 10 times in a row and the same thing keeps happening. It makes me really resent the whole hub world system when I have to constantly go back to the World Match Area to search for a fight, only to immediately disconnect and have to repeat the process.

The connection was never this bad for me before and was fine around the time of the Vegito/Zamasu update. It seems to just be these last few weeks where its gone to hell.

It actually reminds me of the early days of SFV. When that game first came out the online wasn't great by any stretch, but I could at least get into battle lounge fairly consistently. Then they updated it and it became virtually impossible for me to get into any battle lounge even when I tried for an hour at a time. That coupled with the fact that I had to wait 15 minutes between Ranked/Casual matches caused me to drop the game for several months, then try it again briefly only to drop it again because it still hadn't improved. When the AE update happened back in January I gave the game a play for the first time in ages and was pleasantly surprised that I was getting matches faster than ever. Unfortunately because I'd dropped the game for so long I'd fallen behind on the various balance patches and haven't really found the motivation to catch up since.

I really hope this isn't something that ends up happening with Fighterz because I really do enjoy the game. What was interesting about SFV is that different people from different areas seemed to be getting largely varying experiences online, so perhaps that's the case here too.

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:58 pm

Has anyone got tired of new game stories? I'm not for sure, but I heard from some friends that they would prefer the same old Z story beginning from Raditz to Jiren (Super) lol
Power levels are not just big numbers:

by Doctor.

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:47 am

From that site what always gets it right, http://ryokutya2089.com/archives/12279
Vanilla Goku and Vegeta are next.

I'm far from excited, but at least Vegeta should have his original Saiyan armor and Goku should have the Kaiō-sama gi. We couldn't even get Whis gi for SSGSSes.
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

Kataphrut
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kataphrut » Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:18 am

So Goku has Kaioken and Spirit Bomb, Vegeta has Gallick Gun and something called Galaxy Breaker. That better be something to do with Oozaru because otherwise he's going to feel like a waste of a slot. At least all the versions of Goku have been unique so far, the two Vegetas already in the game share a level 3 and have a bunch of similar moves.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:35 am

So the rumours are true, it's just another version of Goku and Vegeta.

That's actually genuinely sad that we have a series as diverse as this to choose characters from and in a game with about 20 something characters, there's going to be three different versions of Goku and two characters that look like Goku and then three different versions of Vegeta.

All the possible characters they could have picked from and they chose the most boring choice imaginable.

Super Saiyan Turlast x4
I Live Here

Post by Super Saiyan Turlast x4 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:39 am

Galaxy Breaker is the attack Vegeta used to wipe Nappa out.

Anyway, the Kaio-Ken sounds interesting. Outside of that, I don't really care.
"First I whip it out! Then I thrust it! With great force! Every angle...! It penetrates! Until...! With great strength...! I... ram it in! In the end... We are all satisfied... And you are set free...!" ~Dante~

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:30 am

Bullza wrote:So the rumours are true, it's just another version of Goku and Vegeta.
It wasn't rumors, really, we had data mining that's been right since the first DLC...
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:30 am

So many characters this franchise has...so many possibilities... and they will release another Goku/Vegeta in a roster with less than 35 characters. And we still have to pay for them... Ridiculous!

As for the trailer they may actually release it at EVO 2018, which is in August. I can't understand why they didn't choose Coola/DBS C17 to be announced there. Yeah Goku/Vegeta are the most popular characters, but it's the third version of their characters and their base forms. It's not like it's SSJ4 or Ultra Instinct Goku...

Well, it's obvious that despite being a fighting game DB will always be in disadvantage when it comes to a proper roster. Flaws:
- Lack of female fighters. We have C18 and A21 (and she isn't even from the show) in a roster of 20+ characters.
- Too many versions of the same characters - Three Gokus, three Vegetas, two Gohans, two Buus...
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Simere
Advanced Regular

Post by Simere » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:59 am

FortuneSSJ wrote:As for the trailer they may actually release it at EVO 2018, which is in August. I can't understand why they didn't choose Coola/DBS C17 to be announced there. Yeah Goku/Vegeta are the most popular characters, but it's the third version of their characters and their base forms. It's not like it's SSJ4 or Ultra Instinct Goku...
They have another Xenoverse/FighterZ stream scheduled for the end of the month, which is where I'm expecting it. If not sooner, with the stream being a gameplay showcase. The schedule for these two is different than previous releases.

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:20 am

No Oozaru for Vegeta with Goku being what we expected. Kaioken should be interesting. We shall wait and see.

I'll also like to remind people that if you don't like these DLC characters, don't buy them. That's the only way for your opinion to be heard and to possibly have an impact.

So I'm expecting the trailers at EVO also but like Slimere said there's an event at the end of the month. However EVO is far too important to have nothing there, so either they go "the new characters and a balance patch are coming in 5 days" kind of crazy announcement or we are getting the trailers. Last year Trunks was announced there.

KayDash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KayDash » Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:24 am

Kanassa wrote:
Bullza wrote:So the rumours are true, it's just another version of Goku and Vegeta.
It wasn't rumors, really, we had data mining that's been right since the first DLC...
I guess, the truth was just too much to some people to handle, so they kept being in denial for 7 more months, until they actually see them pop-up in Jump Magazine...

About Vegeta’s Ozauru super... I seriously doubt that ArcSys will leave it out of the game.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:14 am

Here's Goku and Vegeta.

We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Super Saiyan Turlast x4
I Live Here

Post by Super Saiyan Turlast x4 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:32 am

They look pretty cool.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:40 am

Disappointing but not surprising inclusions.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

Zamasu55
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Zamasu55 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:41 am

Boring.
Why couldn't they give us new characters?

Simere
Advanced Regular

Post by Simere » Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:58 am

That Goku looks pretty ugly.